Shaq with 19 points in the first half........

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
Bad news for the rest of the league.

Is there any fucking chance Miami doesn't win the East? I'd love to hear someone make a case that Wade and Shaq are not gonna, at the very least, make it back to the Finals.

Gun to my head, right now, Miami is my pick to win the title. You guys think I'm crazy? Watch what that boy Wade does in the playoffs again. I'll bump this thread in June when they're playing in the Finals.

:shake:

My call are the Bulls. Coincidentally I went against them tonight, but only to back an even better team, the Jazz, who are top 5 in the West if you ask me.

Heat are legitimate candidates for the title (again), and what's even more tempting are the odds for them to reach the NBA finals again. Can't be bothered to check but considering their current record there must be some value there.

You honestly think Wade goes down to the Bulls in the playoffs?????

I would be utterly SHOCKED if you were right.

But it still means that he's healthy, and he is capable of a big scoring half like that, which many doubted he could still do.

And the Bobbies have Okafor in the middle. Not the softest of big men.

You honestly think Wade goes down to the Bulls in the playoffs?????

I would be utterly SHOCKED if you were right.

Well why not? Playoffs were always a different game and if Bulls steal one in Miami, considering they will have home court advantage everything is possible. Bulls have been a monster team at home this season, no doubts about that. As far as Miami are concerned, they've entered a slump mainly due to O'Neal's injury but other guys also played like crap at times. Zo isn't getting any younger, Walker is just crap this year, Posey has been lackluster. The two that stepped up are Haslem and Kapono. Who else can step up? Gary is slowly fading away...they're a tad undermanned if you ask me. Plus this is all awfully iffy, considering O'Neal's health status. He might be healthy at the moment, but someone told you already, these are the Bobcats after all.

btw

Wade...is just phenomenal. A notch above everyone else. And I don't mean just the team. Easily the best player in the league right now.

Miami will make it if the refs are instructed to give him (Wade) fouls everytime someone looks at him. he won a title that way, he'll return the the finals if its that way again.

Miami will make it if the refs are instructed to give him (Wade) fouls everytime someone looks at him. he won a title that way, he'll return the the finals if its that way again.

He won a title by being the best player in the playoffs by a MILE last season. One of the greatest postseason performances, by any player, in any sport, I've ever seen.

So did Jordan. So do all the greats. He is still one of the best 4Q players I've ever seen in my life. His will to win is just amazing.

Killa, BetCrimes and abcs are right. Wade got insane amount of calls, especially in the finals. Some of my friends that were NBA fans for years said they're not watching it any more. Some of those calls were outrageous. Oh Jordan did get the calls, but this was a notch higher if you ask me.

However, that doesn't mean that you are automatically wrong, Wade has been absolutely amazing and still is.

My statement isnt saying hes not a good player. But when I see still photos of him getting a call (the ref is visibly in the same pic with whistle in mouth and arm raised) and noone is near touching him, its utter bullshit. That one player can total as many FT attempts as the other team has for all its players combined in a game decided by 3 pts, is pure nonsense (Dallas had 23 to Wade's 21 in game 6).

BTW his will to win is nothing like kobes in the 4th

Would love to see Jordan win a ring with smush .. cook..walton and odon in the starting 5

Well sure if Wade gets fouls called when someone breathes on him. Not even MJ got calls like he did last year in the finals.

BTW his will to win is nothing like kobes in the 4th

Would love to see Jordan win a ring with smush .. cook..walton and odon in the starting 5

Wade's will to win is nothing like Kobe's? What more can Wade do? Who has been a better clutch player the last year or two?

Kobe Killa..
You honestly think any gm or any player in the league would rather have wade taking the final shot over kobe?

this is from the nba gm survey where they poll every gm (this year)

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant received the most votes in two categories: best shooting guard and the player wanted to take a shot with the game on the line.

Kobe Killa..
You honestly think any gm or any player in the league would rather have wade taking the final shot over kobe?

Kobe has taken many more buzzer beating shots than Wade. Alright, if you had 10-point deficit thru 3 quarters, you don't think GMs would go with Wade for the 4th?

Yo, you don't need to sell me on Kobe. He's my favorite player, lol. Frankly, I think he and Wade are in a dead heat as the best player on the planet. But Wade, in the 4th quarter, over the last year, IMO, has been more consistent than Kobe. And he did it where it counts, in the playoffs and finals.

didnt mean to turn this into a kobe v wade thread..
But wade has a lot of flaws in his game. He cant create his own shot.. he has to use the pick and roll, he has no range on his jumper. He does attack the hoop well though. It would be nice to see the refs call a carry or a travel on wade though..since he does it EVERY TIME

cavs too...you think dwade gets calls, it is much worse for king james....nba makes their money in playoffs, either wade or lebron makes it there...lebron and cavs know it, they just resting now then the refs will eat their turdcrumbs in playoffs.

If the refs don't give it to the Heat like they did last year I'd still go with Pistons or Bulls. My Bulls don't play until March.

I think everyone is missing the big picture here...Kobe and Wade only have rings when Shaq is their Center...

I would say yes.......but......you also think Obama wins the Democratic Primary.....I will have to re-think this one.

Franky

Its the truth....its what was best for marketing the NBA and its what Stern wanted...you can have a young star who has been compared to Jordan with one of the most dominant centers inthe past decade win the title or you can have a 7"0 Euro win the title....

Stern made his decision

Wade got some insane calls in the finals. And I couldn't care less about who won it, Mavs or Heat. That was brutal to watch.

Because you're a good guy? :shake:

:smiley_acbe:

LOLOLOLOL...

this might be the first time that i agree with everything you have said in this thread...

wade didnt get any more calls than a player gets when he puts himself in the "jordan" position...he got superstar calls, which is crazy due to his time in the league and obvious inexperience in the post season and finals. I don't see any difference between Kobe and Wade these days, both player does everything humanily possible to take over the 4th quarter, the difference is that Wade is the one with Shaq right now...not Kobe. People might have forgotten what Shaq was to the league...rules were made around him people...if he's healthy, he cannot be stopped...he seems to be healthy, soo there isnt a player on the court that can nullify his advantage in the post. Kobe proved that all you need is a few role players to go along with the big man three times, and Wade reiterated that last season. The east is soo weak, it's unthinkable that if Shaq can stay healthy...they wont win the east again. The Pistons are really the only road block, but frankly I'd be shocked. RIGHT NOW, I'm contemplating depositing money into the greek, and taking that future bet...there is soo much value with that line it is REDICULOUS

Bring Kobe to San Antonio we have a championship team as well, no need to have Shaq to win the ring. Timmy D will do the job.

I actually had this discussion last night. it's the Heat to the Finals from the east as we speak. I did mention the Bulls but they need an inside presence before they could beat a healthy Heat team. Not sure Gasol would be enough because I believe you are giving up Deng in the trade. Garnett, different story. I guess this topic will be more applicable once the trade deadline passes to see what movement there is. But as of now, the way the rosters currently exist, the Heat will be there again.
As for Wade last year, he did get most of the calls but that is what great players receive. duncan, Jordan, Nowitski, Bird, etc. The is just the way the world works. they won, he got the calls, period end. Can't change the facts, you role with them.

Back