• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Let's talk NBA Championship...and potential playoff matchups...

I see the date was March 6. On March 7, the Mavs started a 17-2 run before ending the season with two losses. What do you think of the Mavs now?
Watching this series so far, impressed with how their defense has come along.

West is Denver

Minnesota behind.

Then Dallas and OKC.

Clippers aren't built properly, unfortunately. Time to blow that up.

One thing with Dallas, Kyrie can win you a game or two you might not expect.

Health is always his issue, but he's been there before.

Next series, provided they win here, vs OKC should be a doozy.

Defense keeps surprising me.
@2daBank turned me on to their defense last year in the playoffs. I brushed it off but it's actually very legitimate.

Wish Luka wasn't so ball dominant, their Achilles heel is going stagnant on offense when he doesn't get everyone involved. Sounds crazy when he's averaging 10 assists plus but I assume you know what I'm saying. A simple watch makes it pretty clear.

The final days out west will be wild. The top 3 seeds will be OKC Minny and Denver. As we get closer to solidifying the seeds, you'll see teams perhaps trying to draw the young teams (for obvious reasons).

We could see interesting scenarios the final night.

Kings start a very tough trip after tonight. I can't see them going any higher than 7 and they could end up 8.

As a futures holder, I hope Denver doesn't draw them first. Plus, the Kings are fun. I'd love to see them vs another young team.
Those top three are looking good.

@2daBank turned me on to their defense last year in the playoffs. I brushed it off but it's actually very legitimate.

Wish Luka wasn't so ball dominant, their Achilles heel is going stagnant on offense when he doesn't get everyone involved. Sounds crazy when he's averaging 10 assists plus but I assume you know what I'm saying. A simple watch makes it pretty clear.
Kidd himself was a strong defender. I remember Carlisle putting him on LeBron in the 2011 finals. I really don’t pay close enough attention to know what kind of defensive scheme Kidd uses, but I guess he knows something about defense. I’m trying to get up to speed after not paying attention to the NBA for a number of years.

Yes, I know what you’re talking about regarding Luka.

Clips are only a full charge with Leonard playing 36mpg and not missing anytime.

Harden factor hurts them, no doubt. Mm

I'm a Minnesota fan too, but Denver wins that series in 6 or 7.

Back to the Clips... just a very fluid situation. But, the 2nd round matchup very favorable.
I listened to Mark Steyn’s show today, and he had a Clippers expert join him. (Andrew Greif?). He said the same thing you did about Leonard. Team is discombobulated with him less than 100%. They can play without him, or with him playing 36, but in between is a problem. Short rest for tomorrow’s 2:30 CDT game for Leonard. Luka reported to be healthy by the way.

Clippers look like they have chemistry issues.....even I am surprised they don't have any offensive pop

Paul George and kawhi are legit......harden and Westbrook .....loser ball

One thing with Dallas, Kyrie can win you a game or two you might not expect.

Health is always his issue, but he's been there before.

Next series, provided they win here, vs OKC should be a doozy.
His attitude is great right now. He had two points late in the third Q before finishing with 21 last night. And he was happy with it.

I'm pretty convinced that OKC would beat any team from the East in a best of 7

Not like there are world beaters on that side of the bracket

I'm pretty convinced that OKC would beat any team from the East in a best of 7

Not like there are world beaters on that side of the bracket
I haven't paid attention to the the NBA for 10 years, and here we are -- same as it always was.

I haven't paid attention to the the NBA for 10 years, and here we are -- same as it always was.
Different (because I'm actually paying attention) but still the same

Most predictable sport on the planet yet I'll show you how to lose

Boy nuggets just look really unimpressive this playoffs ......can't shoot worth a lick....worst shooting 3 pointer team in playoffs. Cavs are second.

I am really liking chances Minny takes them out. No NBA championship team has ever ever had a worse bench then Denver. They miss Bruce brown in the worst way......who can score off their bench ?

Jamal Murray is in a big time slump.....if he isn't playing big time...they are not the same team

Bob Meyers said it tonight....last years nuggets best this years nuggets.

They are closing Lakers out next game and then I think they lose to wolves

Boy nuggets just look really unimpressive this playoffs ......can't shoot worth a lick....worst shooting 3 pointer team in playoffs. Cavs are second.

I am really liking chances Minny takes them out. No NBA championship team has ever ever had a worse bench then Denver. They miss Bruce brown in the worst way......who can score off their bench ?

Jamal Murray is in a big time slump.....if he isn't playing big time...they are not the same team

I hope you're kidding

Wolves *might* take them to 6. They look bored as all fuck right now. Maybe an actual game will wake them up.

You're continuing your opinion that you don't really care for the Nuggs. Save your money on a Minny matchup with the Nuggs

You're continuing your opinion that you don't really care for the Nuggs. Save your money on a Minny matchup with the Nuggs
Fwiw I'd rather have my money on MIN than any of the clown shows in the East

Give him props for challenging the obvious, we all know Denver should be favored and they are. Gotta challenge simple thinking long term. I'm pretty sure he, like us, knows Denver should be favored. Nothing wrong with challenging it at the right price.

I'm not sure the point of those posts. I think everyone here believes the Nuggets are significant favorites but at +1100 on the Wolves, that's an incredible wager at this point.

I'm not sure the point of those posts. I think everyone here believes the Nuggets are significant favorites but at +1100 on the Wolves, that's an incredible wager at this point.
Got some +1850 and 1600 on Minny......just went to 1100 after they went up 3-0. Grabbed some more there.......will be interesting what it is tomorrow.

I see no one besides 3 teams. Boston. Denver. Minny. That can win this thing.

Got some +1850 and 1600 on Minny......just went to 1100 after they went up 3-0. Grabbed some more there.......will be interesting what it is tomorrow.

I see no one besides 3 teams. Boston. Denver. Minny. That can win this thing.
I think you're giving Boston too much credit

Only team in the East I buy is NYK

I do think OKC will win next round and are capable of a great series against Denver/Minny winner

Think it's -200-210 and I'm hammering. Minny will never be more valuable to play against than right now
Totally agree. Sell high. Nuggets are a COMPLETELY different animal. Not saying it’ll be easy. Probably Nugs in 6?

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Totally agree. Sell high. Nuggets are a COMPLETELY different animal. Not saying it’ll be easy. Probably Nugs in 6?
Yep going to play -1.5 but cover it and then some in 6

Will play the ladder at 4/5/6 games accordingly

The only series I can’t figure out is the Mavs Clippers. Seems like it’s destined for 7. And who knows what happens
Lol I'm on Mavs -1.5 and not hedging

Clips are a bad version of the Suns in my book and Mavs are an incredible defense

Mavs v Nuggz will be incredible but I think OKC could be a thorn. Reality is the Mavs are the only team that can make a fun series against the Nuggets tho

We can break down matchups and completely forget just how shitty the East is lol

I mean even if one of them wins it, that whole bracket smells of stale 'tang

Lol I'm on Mavs -1.5 and not hedging

Clips are a bad version of the Suns in my book and Mavs are an incredible defense

Mavs v Nuggz will be incredible but I think OKC could be a thorn. Reality is the Mavs are the only team that can make a fun series against the Nuggets tho
Funny. I have Clippers +1.5 from before the series. But even with that I’m not overly confident

I also have/had 76ers +1.5 which MIGHT hit, and Suns +1.5 which I thought I was getting the steel of the century…. Silly me

Portnoy is top 10 most annoying cunts on the planet

What's funny is he's hitting at a good clip betting but when it goes South it will be an incredible South

We can break down matchups and completely forget just how shitty the East is lol

I mean even if one of them wins it, that whole bracket smells of stale 'tang
When the East sucks it sucks. Much better crowds and gyms. The Philly/NYK series been fun though

• Love
Reactions: KJ
When the East sucks it sucks. Much better crowds and gyms. The Philly/NYK series been fun though
No doubt. Nothing has changed since I grew up. Boston, Philly, NYC are NBA cities. Even in the Midwest, we were always college ball before NBA other than the Jordan years. Now half the Midwest has moved out here but to this day, nothing compares to locals like the Suns. I get it, the only team that was Phoenix before Phoenix was a city. 1969 founded and funded by Colangelo. The steam around the team is wayyyy more than the other pro teams here.

When they are good, the city locks down. This was not that season. Team is in shambles and old.

Is PHX that Bad or is MINN that Good?

Probably a little bit of both. Minnesota is good, really good…but Phoenix isn’t that bad that they should have been swept. Especially seeing as how they beat Minnesota in the regular season all 3 times they played with 2 of this 3 being played in April.

Since 1988 - #1 seeds to be a series underdog in round 2 of the NBA playoffs

1995: #1 ORL +165 vs #5 CHI (won in 6 games)
2003: #1 SAS +125 vs #5 LAL (won in 6)
2003: #1 DET +130 vs #4 PHI (won in 6)
2013: #1 OKC +107 vs #5 MEM (lost in 5)
2023: #1 DEN +100 vs #4 PHX (won in 6)
2024: #1 OKC +100 vs #5 DAL (assuming the line holds)

Since 1988 - #1 seeds to be a series underdog in round 2 of the NBA playoffs

1995: #1 ORL +165 vs #5 CHI (won in 6 games)
2003: #1 SAS +125 vs #5 LAL (won in 6)
2003: #1 DET +130 vs #4 PHI (won in 6)
2013: #1 OKC +107 vs #5 MEM (lost in 5)
2023: #1 DEN +100 vs #4 PHX (won in 6)
2024: #1 OKC +100 vs #5 DAL (assuming the line holds)
Yeah, I've mentioned Denver from last year a few times.

Better numbers were available...

This year makes sense. You have to price this as basically a PK. You'd get crushed with Mavs money if not.

Back