playoff revenge

SF_capper

CTG addict
today Miami plays host to Chicago Bulls- the same team that knocked them out of the playoffs last yr
...so far this yr, playing the team with the playoff revenge (1st game) has gone

8-5 ATS- whole game
8-5 ATS 1st Q
9-4 ATS- 1st H

the last 2 team that haven't gotten a chance at redemption this yr are Miami and Cleveland. These numbers are not just luckily randomly winning trends, its a winning trend for good reason. though many will argue Miami as having no heart, thus no revenge on their minds, I don't buy that. They got swept. They had to go thru the entire offseason reminded that they got swept in the playoffs and had to go thru the entire season thinking all the "if only I had done this/that, maybe we could've won..." etc. they watched tape and saw their ugly asses and prolly replayed a couple times.

Shaq is back tonight, and I really don't think its a coincidence. Maybe he's been ready and has just been saving his load... he hasn't been talking to reporters, and wade says shaq will save his speaking for the court. any1 see a 25/15 possible performance from the big fella on national TV?

-wade on riley's new motivational thing (the 10,000 dollr bill thing)
''Most of it has been pretty positive to try to keep guys focused on knowing that [the season] can be turned around in a heartbeat,'' Wade said.

Miami is looking at this homestand as its last chance to make a push

"Riley knows this, even as he keeps talking of this one final push to this year"
"this final five-game homestand is the last hope for the year, the only thing standing between this season and the planning for the next one"
''All I know is I've never had a losing season,'' Wade said. ``Not even on NBA Live. And I'm not even that good at video games.''
"In the East, even though our record is so bad, we can make a push. But it's got to start now. It can't start after this. It can't start after we lose five more. It's got to start now. If we're really serious about this, it's got to start Wednesday night.''

this sense of urgency and revenge from Miami added to BUlls recent problems (Noah and big ben fighting last night and thoughts that the team is already quitting on Doylan) makes me like Miami quite a bit tonight

eh well played it

Miami 1st Q -1- little over 1 unit
miami 1st H -1.5- 1 unit
miami -3- 2 unit
Charlotte 1st H +.5- 2 units
Charlotte +1.5- 2 units

Kind of had that feeling here. Playoff revenge? Thats like reaching for straws. Miami has a lot more to worry about than a revenge game. This team blows.

playoff revenge results for 06-07

playoff losers went 7-8 ATS

1-5 ATS when the first meeting was at the playoff loser's homecourt
6-3 ATS when the first meeting was at the playoff winner's homecourt

playoff revenge results for 05-06

playoff losers went 11-3-1 ATS

3-0 ATS when the first meeting was at the playoff loser's homecourt
8-3-1 ATS when the first meeting was at the playoff winner's homecourt

Back