• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NBA Play-in and Playoff thread

Hoping for another sweep, as I See it this game is about even, and with 2 top 15 Offensive teams (Denver ranking 5th in Offensive efficiency with 117.5 pts per 100 poss and Minn ranking 15th at 115 pts per 100 poss), combined with the fact that the last 3 games these 2 played eachother, the total went past this number (223, 209, 227) makes the over even more attractive in this matchup. Minnesota also won 2 of the 4 matchups between the 2 this year, with a close loss of 3 points and 1 loss by 9. This game should be tight throughout.

⭐️Timberwolves+5-118
Minnesota/Denver OVER 208

Like the over, Min at +5 looks better than Den -4.5 but I'm staying away. Nice job the last few nights. GL going forward Pirate!!!!

Thanks Fred. Hope you hopped in Minnesota. Cashed the biggie easily for a great day. Over came real close at the end, thought Denver might stretch game out a bit with a foul.

Cashed in on the big play on Twolves easy last night. Should be another good game today.

On another good run, hope to keep it going...

9-3 Since Wednesday/32-17 last 2 weeks of Playoffs/773-685YTD

⭐️Cavs-3-108
Orlando/Cleveland Over 195

Awesome day, hit 2-0 on top plays, lose the small totals, but thank you Minny and Pacers. This has been a really fun run in the playoffs.

Awesome Monday hitting the top 2 plays, been a great NBA run last 2 weeks. Hope to keep it going.

⭐️OKC-3-115
⭐️Celtics-7 (First Half)
Cleveland/Boston Over 210-115

Going back with the 1st half Celtics again as they have been a solid First half team this year and in playoffs. In game 1, i expect they want to set the bar for the series and make a statement. In the 3 games with Cavs, they exceeded this 7 point margin 2/3 times by 1st half (10 & 11 points). In December they lost the 1st half by 1 but won by 7.

I like both top picks and on them as well. I will wait on the totals tonight. I found that you need to wait and see which team/players decide to play. GL tonight Pirate!!!!

Tnx Fred, you're right-the last minute lineup changes and sitouts is frustrating with NBA, at least not as pronounced in playoiffs vs regular season. GL tonight!

Adding:
Dallas/OKC Over 218-114

The heater is still lit. Thank you OKC, 3-1, Cashed 2-0 on the top plays. If not for the scrubs coming in last 5 minutes that last over would have cashed. Regardless what an awesome night, hope everyone following cashed big.

funny I’ve noticed you keep saying that after a loss or you think I lost in a sport but never after the big wins like the last 2 weeks In nba.

Given your history from a previous forum of trolling my threads it’s obvious what you’re doing. The fact you come in after a loss but not the many wins the last many days speaks volumes.its petty. Especially since I genuinely wish you good luck and say congrats to you and others when they win.

It’s not just me that noticed it. Some others have msg saying you’re up to the same pettiness as before . It’s too obvious .

I’ve been killing nba the last few weeks but silence until last night when one top play loses. Same with MLB.

So while I appreciate your “bounce back” comments, it’s obvious what you’re doing and don’t really mean it or you would have said something the many nights before of 3-0 or 3-1 or the big + nights.

Come on man.

Thanks for the “bounce back” after every loss but I’m doing quite alright. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm going to "Bounce back" after I'm playing with all house money especially the last few weeks. :p

⭐️OKC-4.5-115
⭐️Boston-13-112
Dallas/OKC Over 217.5-115

Normally in NBA playoffs, you have a zig-zag back and forth going on between teams esp in later rounds. With these 2 series, the only team that has the capability to mount a challenge is Dallas, and i see them winning 1 maybe 2 at home, but it all depends on Luca, who is clearly not 100%, and probably not even 60% right now. Clev is outmanned and outgunned, this could be a 4-0 sweep or 5-1, with Boston winning comfortably in most.

If Boston is on tonight like they have been, it could be another blowout. OKC I have in a bit of a closer game tonight than Game 1 as I do expect Kyrie and Luca to have a better offensive game (hence why I played the over as well), but I still have OKC tonight by around 10 points. Celtics by 18-20. Boston's total could be affected early if Boston goes on a rout and shuts down clev, the total is really tight my expected outcome, slight lean to the over but as of this AM, no play just yet.

nah just the game. Cavs will look to come out better than in Game 1, may hang around a while and Boston wins going away in the 2nd. Gun to my head if i had to make a 1st half bet, it'd be the Celtics but small.

Rough thursday. We grind on Friday...

Several ways to play the Pacers game. Being down 0-2 and now back at home is all the motivation a team like Indy will need to come out fired up. Further, NBA trends back up the idea of teams that are down coming out guns blazing in the first half as playoff teams coming home down 0-2 are 70-38 ATS in the first half since 2005. Since the 2015-16 season, they are 25-11-1 in the first. I see the Pacers jumping out early and this time maintaing a lead and not letting is slip like last game. No OG for knicks? they are no longer a dominant team but more of an average team without him. Brunson will probably play but he's banged up.

The 2nd best bet as I see is the Pacers team total to the over, They were the most profitable team in the NBA this season in this category (49-32). At home they were 27-13-1. This high scoring trend has continued in the playoffs scoring 121 and 117. In the last regular season game between these 2 they hit 125. So 3 for the last 3, I'll take my chances they continue this high scoring that we are accustomed to.

⭐️Pacers-5 (First Half)
⭐️Pacers Team Total Over 114
Pacers-6.5-115

Back in a bit with thoughts/play on Denver game

Rough thursday. We grind on Friday...

Several ways to play the Pacers game. Being down 0-2 and now back at home is all the motivation a team like Indy will need to come out fired up. Further, NBA trends back up the idea of teams that are down coming out guns blazing in the first half as playoff teams coming home down 0-2 are 70-38 ATS in the first half since 2005. Since the 2015-16 season, they are 25-11-1 in the first. I see the Pacers jumping out early and this time maintaing a lead and not letting is slip like last game. No OG for knicks? they are no longer a dominant team but more of an average team without him. Brunson will probably play but he's banged up.

The 2nd best bet as I see is the Pacers team total to the over, They were the most profitable team in the NBA this season in this category (49-32). At home they were 27-13-1. This high scoring trend has continued in the playoffs scoring 121 and 117. In the last regular season game between these 2 they hit 125. So 3 for the last 3, I'll take my chances they continue this high scoring that we are accustomed to.

⭐️Pacers-5 (First Half)
⭐️Pacers Team Total Over 114
Pacers-6.5-115

Back in a bit with thoughts/play on Denver game

That 1h ATS info is impressive.

I like the Twolves a lot and think they still win the series but Denver is going to try to steal one. I believe this is their best chance to get a W, especially with the extra day off.

⭐️Denver+4.5-115

Pushed the first half, I think the Pacers come out to put them away in the 2nd. Another double down opp as I already have Pacers-6.5 for game

Pacers-5.5-120 (2nd half Live)

Pirate - My observations of the Pacers- Knicks series so far. Like to know your thoughts. Indiana plays so dumb. I think Cleveland would beat them in a series. They have too many players that are low IQ. What I mean by that is when playing make dumb decisions. Too many times when beaten for a layup they foul so the Knicks can complete a 3 point play. On offense they don't take advantage of the Knicks weaknesses. I also think putting Andrew Nembhard on Brunson is the wrong move. The officials clearly gave the Pacers every chance and they barely pulled it out on a 30 ft chuck. Indiana should have blown out a banged up Knicks team last night. Going forward I believe betting the Knicks is the only way to go.

I agree with all above . Pacers are young and it shows. They get leads and don’t know how to hold it. Killed the spread vets by a point or two when really they should have won by 10 or so. Just dumb basketball, which is odd given they have an experienced coach in Carlisle.

that's awesome! How did you know I was big on OKC today? LOL

Working on my 3 sports now and the full card, should be up a bit later this morning if these kids would stop going crazy around the house. 3 boys age 6, 8, 10 all fighting this morning, may have to put them to yard work that needs to get done. ha!

Pacers so close, pushed 1st half, lose 2nd half and game line by a half and game by a bucket. Young team having trouble closing out still. At least Denver made it nice and easy just like i thought they would, i said they would prob take game 3 and they didn't disappoint.
783-695 YTD

Saturday May 11th:

⭐️OKC+3-112
⭐️Bahston-7.5-112
Bashston-4-120 (First Half)
OKC/Dallas Over 217.5
Bahston/Mistake on the Lake Over 210.5

that's awesome! How did you know I was big on OKC today? LOL

Working on my 3 sports now and the full card, should be up a bit later this morning if these kids would stop going crazy around the house. 3 boys age 6, 8, 10 all fighting this morning, may have to put them to yard work that needs to get done. ha!
Here is a trend Pirate. After round one in the playoffs...teams that lose game two as a favorite and then go on the road and become a dog are 13-12 straight up and 17-8 vs the spread...hitting at 68%

The Thunder fit this category today.
Good points Bass! I don't trust Dallas. Their 3 guards that play the most minutes, Luca, Kyrie and Hardaway either can't or aren't willing to play defense. Almost every year once you get to the conference finals all 4 teams are top 5 or at the worst top 10 defenses. Even with all this increased scored defense still matters and wins championships. Even Golden State was a really good defense during their run.

yeah the first game pacers was a big let down but Denver got me back to even. Hit them harder when Pacers game looked toast. Had Denver not covered then my wife might have made me sleep on the couch. Thanks for your concern. Appreciate it.

yeah the first game pacers was a big let down but Denver got me back to even. Hit them harder when Pacers game looked toast. Had Denver not covered then my wife might have made me sleep on the couch. Thanks for your concern. Appreciate it.
The ole quadruple up? Nice

Nice. i got half my IRS bill back on first half. :p

This game is playing out much like i expected so far. Hope they keep pouring it on 2nd half.
I need to enroll in the school of I never lose without posting units and claiming winners after the fact. That unposted triple winner to get you back to even was awesome. Great job!

Back