March till end the season discussion thread

Tough month to discuss NBA when all focus will be on brackets, might tail something here and there but come next week I won't be looking at the pros for a month unless I'm bored

Got a jury summons for 3/14 which is a Monday but it got forwarded from an old address. Should be common knowledge to not bother me in March, I've done the duty a few times but this one might be a convenient lost in the mail. If they'd reschedule without the bs in April I'd go. But not March 14th.

Far as sides go tonight I dunno how we don’t lay it against lakers? Dallas only lost 3 games in Feb, 4 in jan, they have been beating some the better teams in the league this past month, and lakers are the lakers, pure garbage. Luca should do whatever he wants (his props obviously justifiably high), Brunson should do whatever he wants, dinwinddie seems to be carving out a role and another guy who prob be a problem for lakers “d”. God knows how many turnovers la will have, dalllas should get more shots and higher quality ones at that. If la beats me so be it.

Brunson hasn’t been putting up the same numbers since the week off, gotta think this be a good game for him all around. Getting his “par” right bout his season averages vs a team that consistently allows pg’s to go above their typical numbers!

Tough month to discuss NBA when all focus will be on brackets, might tail something here and there but come next week I won't be looking at the pros for a month unless I'm bored

Got a jury summons for 3/14 which is a Monday but it got forwarded from an old address. Should be common knowledge to not bother me in March, I've done the duty a few times but this one might be a convenient lost in the mail. If they'd reschedule without the bs in April I'd go. But not March 14th.

I’m not gonna lay off nba for ncaa; pretty sure I can do both. Dunno if I’ve ever known anyone who actually went to jury duty, of course most my friends are felons. Lol. Peers my ass! Not sure if my “normal” brother has ever done it?

I’m not gonna lay off nba for ncaa; pretty sure I can do both. Dunno if I’ve ever known anyone who actually went to jury duty, of course most my friends are felons. Lol. Peers my ass! Not sure if my “normal” brother has ever done it?
I love it but the concept of getting picked during that week for a trial just don't fly

I love it but the concept of getting picked during that week for a trial just don't fly

I hear ya. Def a crappy time. I never been one to even go to work on that Thu or Friday, damn sure not going to jury duty.

Even when I was a kid I always found ways out of school those days. Not that unusual for me. Lol.

Even when I was a kid I always found ways out of school those days. Not that unusual for me. Lol.
I've never been constricted fortunately. Even when I was in corporate America til 2001 I found a way to make lunch last 6 hours lol.

Basically any work since then those days has been done by phone/laptop/tablet at a bar or in my living room

Sure as fuck not a jury room

Best those years in Vegas when I bet on team A then had an epiphany at some point just hammered and bet on team B. Just wads of tickets in the pocket and some canceled each other out lol. I blame the Russians for those black Russians that were clearly the problem.

I was thinking no klay and against minny maybe Wiggins props but hasn’t really been any correlation to him producing more when klay sits. Poole production usually climbs when klay sits but I don’t see anything for him as of yet.

Is nba home court really worth raptors going from -3 at Brooklyn to -9 tonight in toronto? that sure feels excessive to me. Especially if im assuming Kyrie will be playing in this one. i dunno whether or not FVV and/or OG will suite up? that would help explain the jump but i gotta figure kyrie vs fvv basically a wash (maybe not just comparing the 2 but the value to both their teams id think similar), OG prob doesnt move the needle much far as the line by himself but both being out leads to expanded roles from guys who normally dont see much PT. Without knowing if those 2 are gonna play makes this pretty tough, dont really want to play the nets but i do think the line difference makes them somewhat easy to justify if fvv out again. trent continued to struggle last night, Barnes had what i assume was one the better games of his short career, Siakam was about as bad as Barnes was good, raptors got big contributions from guys im not real sure we should expect that from again! Kyrie props maybe? obviously depends on numbers which i havnt seen yet, raptors are actually pretty good limiting pg production but i dont even know who exactly the pg is with kyrie, curry, and mills all playing? Would be all over FVV props IF he plays, nets are bad against pg's, the seldom used Flynn had a fantastic game filling in at the point for fvv last night.. Just a tough game to figure out without knowing who the hell playing.

i think towns a tough matchup for the warriors, only decision for me is whether to play points/boards over 33.5 or "par" over 36.5? guess it makes more sense to go with the over 36.5 "par", his assist number is -120 to over 3.5 so kinda getting a discount to include them in the bet.

i think i feel pretty good rolling with Barnes even if feels a bit square after the game he had last night. same problem with not knowing whether fvv or OG playing tho, without them think i would go over 22.5 points/boards. with them i would consider adding assist to make it over 25.5 par. last night wasnt the 1st time this year Barnes dominated against the nets, makes sense considering nets really lacking in the forward department, certainly dont have anyone who matches up with him without kd on the court.

tatum or some other boston guys prob worth a look but no secret ive had my issues with them! another guy with a good matchup tho. lean boston but dont think i want to lay that many points, hawks can play with anyone on any given night, they just so inconsistent. think we should be able to expect a strong defensive effort from boston after the ugly outing last time out allowing pacers to score 128! another way to attack it might be atl team total under 110.5? boston has routinely been holding teams well under that number!

my only hesitance to laying it with dallas tonight is lakers were booed off their home court last game, if that doesnt inspire their best effort i dunno what would? of course i dont think lakers beat Mavs with their best effort unless we get a less than effort from mavs, effort being equal mavs clearly the superior team.

Couple quick things...

Clips and Rockets in 2nd straight game in Houston after a day off. That game went 30+ points under on Sunday. This number has went down 3 points since 1am.

Home and home on a B2B for Brooklyn and Toronto...

Obviously last night was a supreme blowout...

Warriors lost at Minny to end a long trip earlier in the year... after that they had a heck of a shootout in SF I know a lot of us were involved in (many had Edwards props that night).

Dallas off that huge comeback gets a nice opportunity in a standalone game vs a bad Lakers team.

Stons are winning games they should not right now, but this is nice progress...which means they probably get trashed in DC tonight.

Couple quick things...

Clips and Rockets in 2nd straight game in Houston after a day off. That game went 30+ points under on Sunday. This number has went down 3 points since 1am.

Home and home on a B2B for Brooklyn and Toronto...

Obviously last night was a supreme blowout...

Warriors lost at Minny to end a long trip earlier in the year... after that they had a heck of a shootout in SF I know a lot of us were involved in (many had Edwards props that night).

Dallas off that huge comeback gets a nice opportunity in a standalone game vs a bad Lakers team.

Stons are winning games they should not right now, but this is nice progress...which means they probably get trashed in DC tonight.

Cunningham has been playing pretty well of late. I was eying his “par” tonight but they were doing that thing I hate where over was -150 opposed to them just raising the number another point or 2, hate that, he cashed tho.

As mentioned wish i woulda played nets, didn’t think going from +3 to +9 was justified, just didn’t know who the hell was playing, turns out all the guys who were out yesterday out again (no clue why kyrie didn’t play? Are non vaxed players not allowed to play in Toronto? Just thought bout that). I’m only 2 “par” away from cashing Barnes with a quarter to go, hopefully nothin goes crazy wrong!

Towns only 9 “par” away from cashing at half! That was a good 1! :) He a tough matchup for warriors who play stringer perimeter d.

Dallas-5.5 and Brunson over 25.5 par all I have left.

Celtics defense has come to life after halftime. I really need to check out their 1st and 2nd half numbers, sure seems like they often fall behind, the games I watch them anyways, then have strong 3rd qrtrs. White having himself a big 3rd qrtr to complement the 2md half d!

Wiggins started 3-3 from the field, strong 1st but then he 0-6 since and didht contribute much of anything in 2nd qrtr. Warriors gonna need him to play bigger in 2nd to have any chance.

I made my first spread bet of the season just now...Suns -13. Even though I like Simons and Hart a lot the rest of the roster is pathetic right now. I don’t know shit about sides/totals so I’m probably a good fade

Mavs up a bunch and Brunson only needs 5 more “par” to cash at half, staring at a great start to March!

Played both these guys in the game other night and don’t see much reason not to play them again. Haliburton over par (his number not out yet but I assume it be around 31-32) and Carter over 28.5 points/boards. I just don’t think either team really has a answer for either player,

CJ has hit this number in 5 of his 7 since the trade, don’t see much reason why he wouldn’t against the kings? Ov 34.5 “par”.

Half the games tonight have dd spreads, lol. I’m not comfortable at all with those games!! Every once in awhile I’ll like the dog but outside those rare cases just think it too tough to figure those out,

My card:

Haliburton ov 28.5 par
Carter ov 28.5 points/boards
McCullum ov 35.5 par
SGA ov 26.5 points

Still trying to figure out suns players.

My card:

Haliburton ov 28.5 par
Carter ov 28.5 points/boards
McCullum ov 35.5 par
SGA ov 26.5 points

Still trying to figure out suns players.

Gonna play Allen ov points/boards also but all cavs players just got taken off board, dunno if that means Garland playing maybe? If so I like cavs team total over also. Just gotta see when I get up there.

Maybe bridges and cam Johnson props? I see Payne is probable but don’t see any numbers posted for him.
Payne shot like ass in the 1h, the other Cam picked up the slack as did Shamet

Definitely a rust duster of a half for Cam Payne

Payne shot like ass in the 1h, the other Cam picked up the slack as did Shamet

Definitely a rust duster of a half for Cam Payne

Never saw a number for Payne and just feel like it tough to figure out who gonna pick up the slacks up for suns so I left that game alone.

Cashed SGA (again, he been a atm machine since returning to lineup!). Of course accidentally counting CJ early made him the only loss of night, oh well. I’ll take 4 for 5 all day every day!!

This is the kind of game where Bridges gets to shine...when options 1 and 2 are out, seems like he's licking his chops

This is the kind of game where Bridges gets to shine...when options 1 and 2 are out, seems like he's licking his chops

That who I was leaning strongest to playing. He on pace to hit his par even tho he only has 1 assist no boards. Guess his points woulda been the play, didn’t even see what points number was? I know his “par” was 25.5.

Do we go back to DeRozen points total 2marro since he has a much softer matchup or leave alone after his 30 point streak got broken? Assuming his number be around 27.5.

That who I was leaning strongest to playing. He on pace to hit his par even tho he only has 1 assist no boards. Guess his points woulda been the play, didn’t even see what points number was? I know his “par” was 25.5.
He's running fly when Portland puts up a shot so it's points as opposed to the other stats

I’ll def be looking closer at Cunningham ov 27.5 par 2marro, not gonna get into tonight tho. Maybe smart or white assuming Brown gonna be out, somebody gonna be getting extra chances. Would normally be looking at butler or bam vs nets but I dunno after the tough game in milw, Jimmy had a awful game tho, might be a good bounce back spot.

Back