March till end the season discussion thread

SGA with 20 points at the half, he along with Maxey both continue to be post asb atm machines!

Both cash their points before the 4th qrtr! Gonna keep playing both these guys every game until adjustments are made, or in SGA case until Dort and Giddey come back, at the moment he option A, B, and C!

Fuck. No reason for Towns to even see the floor in the 4th. For some reason I feel like Friday nights always suck for me, no different this week, 1st losing day this week :(

Stretch run coming up soon...

Time to buckle in and get ready for the postseason...

Few randoms thoughts... in no particular order....

First of all, the Grizzlies have jumped up to #2 in the West with this recent Warriors slump. I think most of us can agree that the Grizz are one of the more exciting teams to watch and I cannot wait to see them grow in the playoffs. With the relative inexperience and not the stingiest of defenses we could get some nice situations as well...

Obviously key injuries out West right now are Cliff Paul and Chef Curry...Although Curry's injury doesn't look long-term maybe this is a blessing in disguise getting some rest before the playoffs...

Seeds 2 through 7 are separated by 7 games with 9-11 left for most. I don't think we see the top 3 change, but Utah or Dallas could sneak up there. The big thing here is who stays out of 7th and the play-in. This will be the big drama as we go down the stretch.

Over to the East where the top-10 are basically set. There would need to be quite the collapse for anyone else to break into the play-in games there. The intrigue here is the Brooklyn Nets. They could possibly get into the top 6 but more than likely will be in a play-in. Can you imagine you are any of the top 4 in the conference that will be 1 and 2 and seeing that as your 1st round matchup? Yikes. If this starts to get clearer we could see some creative tanking at the top? Shall see...

Weird thing looking at the East.... 3 of the top 8 have better road records than at home. Obviously this makes sense with Brooklyn and I can see with the protocols etc this making sense in Toronto but still pretty interesting. Plenty of other interesting splits. The Bulls seem to have the biggest home/road split in the conference.

One more thought.... looking at some random stats...

The top 6 in points per game allowed makes sense (Heat, Mavs, Suns, Warriors and Cavs) except the leader is the Boston Celtics. Very interesting...I would have figured top 10-14 but right at the top. Impressive.

Lakers host the Sixers...

Lakers recent schedule...

Sun March 13 @ Phoenix
Mon March 14 VS Toronto
Wed March 16 @ Minnesota
Friday March 18 @ Toronto
Saturday March 19 @ Washington
Monday March 21 @ Cleveland

Lakers host the Sixers...

Lakers recent schedule...

Sun March 13 @ Phoenix
Mon March 14 VS Toronto
Wed March 16 @ Minnesota
Friday March 18 @ Toronto
Saturday March 19 @ Washington
Monday March 21 @ Cleveland
Schedule capping is hardly useful anymore

Those guys had great legs tonight.

Modern NBA set up so nice with easy travel and the schedule generally lighter than at any other time in history.

Haven’t been this excited for nba playoffs in real long time. All comes down to the matchups with every team having some question marks or weaknesses

Kyrie now eligible to play at home.

Shall be interesting to see if they make a mini run here to get out of play in scenarios.

Shall be interesting to see if they make a mini run here to get out of play in scenarios.

Nots bench stinks.

Will be hard for them to get higher than the 7th seed.

This postseason is gonna be hella-fun though.

Heat kind of struggling down the stretch here. I’m not sure if they’re even a top three team in the east...would take Philly Boston and Milwaukee over them. Will be interesting to see if they regain form

Heat kind of struggling down the stretch here. I’m not sure if they’re even a top three team in the east...would take Philly Boston and Milwaukee over them. Will be interesting to see if they regain form
I've been pretty disappointed with them lately.

Have a future on them... Hoping they getting the low point of their season out of the way now.

Thinking they do continue this run they're currently on, but they'd be happy with #7 or even #8 as long as they don't go to Canada. Toronto passing Cleveland is big for them.

GSW off a terrible loss to the Wizards. Would love to play them on a bounce back, but completely afraid of the Memphis machine.

April 1 Motivation Check

Miami/Milwaukee/Philly/Boston - A little hard to dissect. Would think the Nets coming out of the play in would make 1 and 2 seeds a little more treacherous than usual. Miami has played hard the last two after going through a mini slump, but they have guys regularly in and out of the lineup so if they're giving away games its hard to tell. Milwaukee played their butts off to beat the Nets last night, only to decide that tonight is a give up game. They don't seem interested in seeding at all. Philly just lost to Detroit, so that tells you about their current interest level (minimal). Boston rested the Toronto game but don't have much more leeway without risking a top 4 seed, so I think they'll be all out until that's clinched.

Chicago/Toronto - Both find themselves only 2 games out in the loss column of a top 4 seeding, so I think you see them playing it out until that opportunity is gone.

Cleveland - currently #7 and wounded up front. They'll be all out to try to hold their slim advantage.

Brooklyn/Charlotte/Atlanta - all currently tied to the 8-10 slots, they all want to push for better positioning in the play-in and should be going all out.

Phoenix - Locked into #1. Nothing to play for, they haven't rested much yet but that should change.

Memphis - Locked into #2. They folded the tents up for tonight, would likely see it again next week.

Dallas/Golden State/Utah/Denver - Hard to say. Dallas playing like they want the #3 seed to avoid Phoenix as long as possible. Golden State without Curry is basically biding time until the playoffs. Denver and Utah may push to steal that #4 spot.

Minnesota/LA Clippers - would expect to see some resting as they look stuck in the #7 and #8 spots. In fact PG 13 is out tonight.

New Orleans/San Antonio/LA Lakers - They're all pretty desperate at this point.

Detroit/Orlando/OKC/Houston - All battling to be top 4 in the draft, they're already tanking. Leave it to Casey to screw that up against Philly last night. Same with Indiana and Portland, they have guys sitting regularly.

NY Knicks/Washington/Sacramento - odd group, they've been playing hard lately but key guys are sitting (Randle, Kuzma, Fox, Sabonis). They could accelerate the tanking.

Real problem whether it's true or not with the story out about Butler and Spoe not getting along. But where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Had zero clue what to make of the Heat as it was, just one more cog

April 1 Motivation Check

Miami/Milwaukee/Philly/Boston - A little hard to dissect. Would think the Nets coming out of the play in would make 1 and 2 seeds a little more treacherous than usual. Miami has played hard the last two after going through a mini slump, but they have guys regularly in and out of the lineup so if they're giving away games its hard to tell. Milwaukee played their butts off to beat the Nets last night, only to decide that tonight is a give up game. They don't seem interested in seeding at all. Philly just lost to Detroit, so that tells you about their current interest level (minimal). Boston rested the Toronto game but don't have much more leeway without risking a top 4 seed, so I think they'll be all out until that's clinched.

Chicago/Toronto - Both find themselves only 2 games out in the loss column of a top 4 seeding, so I think you see them playing it out until that opportunity is gone.

Cleveland - currently #7 and wounded up front. They'll be all out to try to hold their slim advantage.

Brooklyn/Charlotte/Atlanta - all currently tied to the 8-10 slots, they all want to push for better positioning in the play-in and should be going all out.

Phoenix - Locked into #1. Nothing to play for, they haven't rested much yet but that should change.

Memphis - Locked into #2. They folded the tents up for tonight, would likely see it again next week.

Dallas/Golden State/Utah/Denver - Hard to say. Dallas playing like they want the #3 seed to avoid Phoenix as long as possible. Golden State without Curry is basically biding time until the playoffs. Denver and Utah may push to steal that #4 spot.

Minnesota/LA Clippers - would expect to see some resting as they look stuck in the #7 and #8 spots. In fact PG 13 is out tonight.

New Orleans/San Antonio/LA Lakers - They're all pretty desperate at this point.

Detroit/Orlando/OKC/Houston - All battling to be top 4 in the draft, they're already tanking. Leave it to Casey to screw that up against Philly last night. Same with Indiana and Portland, they have guys sitting regularly.

NY Knicks/Washington/Sacramento - odd group, they've been playing hard lately but key guys are sitting (Randle, Kuzma, Fox, Sabonis). They could accelerate the tanking.
On the tanking front...Detroit has not been tanking at all. They are playing their best ball of the year since the break.

Fascinating stuff at the top of the East and also who gets stuck playing Brooklyn in the first round.

On the tanking front...Detroit has not been tanking at all. They are playing their best ball of the year since the break.

Fascinating stuff at the top of the East and also who gets stuck playing Brooklyn in the first round.
Detroit sat Cunningham and Grant yesterday, and then only gave Bey, Hayes and Stewart 22-23 minutes each in a tight ballgame. They finished the last 9 minutes with Frank Jackson, Isaiah Livers, Carsen Edwards, Braxton Key and Rodney McGruder. They tried like hell to tank. The Pacers just do it better.

Detroit sat Cunningham and Grant yesterday, and then only gave Bey, Hayes and Stewart 22-23 minutes each in a tight ballgame. They finished the last 9 minutes with Frank Jackson, Isaiah Livers, Carsen Edwards, Braxton Key and Rodney McGruder. They tried like hell to tank. The Pacers just do it better.
Okay, I'll give you yesterday but beforehand they have been playing their asses off.

They did sit Jerami for the season last week.

The OKC ridiculous blowout yesterday shaking up the ping pong balls.

Am I the only one worried about the Suns letting off the gas? The starters got dragged by the Memphis backups and then they get smoked by an awful OKC team with Paul, Bridges, Cam Johnson and McGee all playing. I'm not sure Memphis isn't the team to beat in the West now. They're so deep.

Am I the only one worried about the Suns letting off the gas? The starters got dragged by the Memphis backups and then they get smoked by an awful OKC team with Paul, Bridges, Cam Johnson and McGee all playing. I'm not sure Memphis isn't the team to beat in the West now. They're so deep.
That defense is the issue.

Suns in 6 vs Grizz, maybe 5.

Ball out for the year and Bulls are essentially hoping for maybe 1 playoff game win. If I’m them I package Rozen and Vuc for AD.

Ball
Caruso
LaVine
Pat W
AD

Need to be able to beat good teams

Anyway, the 4th assist for Bridges Hornets last night was NOT Bridges but Ball. My buddy had $750 on the under 3.5 assists. How does this get rectified if NBA.com doesn’t change it? The assist is clearly Ball with 2:38 remaining in the game.

Ball out for the year and Bulls are essentially hoping for maybe 1 playoff game win. If I’m them I package Rozen and Vuc for AD.

Ball
Caruso
LaVine
Pat W
AD

What's crazy is that a trade with the Lakers would involve them having any kind of clue of a direction going forward. They do not have that right now.

Dare I say (yes, I dare) the Lakers org are going down the path of the Knicks. Ownership needs their pats on the back in a large market while the product is nothing but a reflection of the ownership.

I'd say it's sad but it quite frankly isn't.

Clippers +4900 I feel offers a ton of hedge opportunities. Outplayed Suns last year with a weaker roster and could be the “1” seed if they knock them off.

Ball
Caruso
LaVine
Pat W
AD

I would want no part of AD.

Clippers +4900 I feel offers a ton of hedge opportunities. Outplayed Suns last year with a weaker roster and could be the “1” seed if they knock them off.
I don't mind some clippers bets but only one team in West can take Phoenix out imo.

Back