Chi/Miami 2H added - Tuesday NBA Action...

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
05-06 NBA Basketball Record……...184-136-11 +$2340 (57.5%)
06-07 NBA Basketball Record............4-2 +$162 (66%)

$150 Chicago Bulls +6.5
$125 Chi/Mia under 193
Miami is going to be a good fade team this year in my opinion. They're not going to such a high scoring team as they were last year, and they'll almost always be a decent favorite. Jason Williams will miss the first week or two of the season and Udonis Haslem may have a sports hernia. It's a long season and I don't expect Miami to come out of the gate lighting it up offensively. The addition of PJ Brown, Ben Wallace, and Tyrus Thomas will really help the interior defense for Chicago. The Bulls are made up of a lot of high IQ basketball guys. Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng will need to increase their scoring but I think they're ready to step up to the next level. As BDK said, this game total is a bit too high. I look for the winner to have a total in the upper 80's or low 90's.

$250 Phoenix -4.5
$ under...
First thing you need to do with this game is look at who's banged up. Shawn Marion and Leandro Barbosa are both shaking off a few nagging injuries from the preseason and Amare Stoudemire is still talking about how it hurts to run on his knee. Having Amare in there I feel will cause their fast breaks to be a bit slower. Also, last season in the 53 games Kurt Thomas played in the Suns allowed 100.2 points, in the 29 games he didn't play they allowed 107.6. The Lakers are really banged up. I believe both Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown are out for the game. I'm also assuming Kobe will put up his 30 or so in the game, even hobbling around with the knee injury. Phoenix should be able to dominate inside as I'm guessing that Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Vladimir Radmanovic will be starting at the 3, 4 & 5 with Brian Cook and Luke Walton as the main backups the Lakers are going to be hurting for size. I'll take Phoenix second team of Barbosa, Jones, Thomas, Banks, etc against the starters for the Lakers. I plan on making a total play as I think Phoenix will allow some of their starters rest late in the game and LAL will pull out Kobe in the blowout. Final score prediction 107 - 88. Waiting on the total to watch line movement.

GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!!!

Good points fondy, although judging from the preseason, I think thomas is a LONG way from getting minutes.
Vlad will be coming off the bench.. but i do agree Kobe yet again has no help.. A Mouse could be a better gm than Kupcake

Fondybadger said:
Brian - who will start then instead of vlad?

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Brown or walton
Bynum

Lakers have garbage yet again.. backups will be farmar..mo evans..radmanovich..cook and mhm

I heard though vlad might need surgery on his hand.

abcs said:
Smush
Kobe
Odom
Brown or walton
Bynum

Lakers have garbage yet again.. backups will be farmar..mo evans..radmanovich..cook and mhm

I heard though vlad might need surgery on his hand.

Lakers Center Kwame Brown will be sidelined approximately three to four weeks because of a bruised rotator cuff and bursitis in his right shoulder, meaning he'll miss the start of the season, and then some.

Chris Mihm has also been ruled out for opening night, so a combination of Andrew Bynum (who's only 19 years old), Ronny Turiaf (who had heart surgery last year) and Brian Cook (who is not a center) will take turns trying to fill the middle for the Lakers. Add to it the fact that Kobe Bryant may not be ready to go on opening day either, and the Lakers have got some serious issues.

Today's LA Times:

Vladimir Radmanovic hit just 10-of-36 shots (27.8%) in exhibition play, primarily because of a sprained ligament between the pinkie and ring finger of his right hand.

It sounds like the injury will probably require surgery after the season, so we're not exactly excited about Vlad's shooting touch this season. "Vlade has yet to really give us the kind of lift we expect from him," Phil Jackson said. "He's been injured. It's affected his play. He's got to really step up." His shooting was erratic and inconsistent before this injury, so we have some concerns about what kind of damage his shooting percentage might do to fantasy teams this year.

I wish kobe would have gone to the clippers..
Livingston
Kobe
Magette ( kobes homie..same agent)
Brand
Kaman

Ill say they can leave cassel and mobley to afford kobe, that team would be sickening good.
The lakers need another star. Every team that wins it all has at least 2 all stars.. Oh well, good luck buddy.

yup i follow the lakers closer than anyone, hes dinged up.. and been playing like shit. LA still doesnt have any outside shooters. This team is horribly put together and has no flexibility or any assets to trade.
Sasha might actually start at the point. But im pretty sure we announced bynum is the big.. and he is good for about a foul a minute

renew orleans said:
any reason why Suns -3.5 now? i thought the line would go the other way.

It opened at -6.5

I'm assuming there are injury concerns with Amare, Marion, Barboso, and news that Kobe will be playing... Other than that the Lakers are a public favorite and it's opening night and more people are playing a game than they normally would.

I like my hawks getting 7.. i think they will be vastly improved. Losing Marvin hurts but they had some nice offseason pickups

Fondy~ Bucks ML on Wednesday night. Money in the bank.

an_wink.gif

didnt realize marion and barbosa had injury issues as well. Still I like the Suns though. I was thinking people were factoring in last years playoffs between the Suns and Lakers but the injuries would make much more sense. guess i didn't really read the 1st couple of sentences of your post too...

Last edited:
Oct 30 Stoudemire had two strong practices leading up to the Suns' season-opener Tuesday against the Los Angeles Lakers. Despite his knee troubles, Stoudemire said he's ready for the opener. Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni said again that Stoudemire will come off the bench and he expects his star to play 15 to 20 minutes.

JumpOnBoard said:
TNT doubleheader KK...

:smiley_ablb:

(playin 1.00/2.00 poker right now so i can hopefully afford all the plays i wish to make tonight and make up for the vikings last night)

heat cant do much worse than they are in the 1h...my concern is that the bulls are playing like fuck too! good luck on your 2h play brotha

Back