Hulu's CFL 2018

Been eyeing this up all week and I just feel like this total is too low. I know these are the #1 and probably #4 defenses in the league right now but they've also been trending over the past few games and I see both teams scoring in this matchup. Even 27-24 gets us there and I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or both teams hit 30. Keeping it small just because Hamilton's receiving corps is so dinged.

0.5* CAL / HAM over 50.5 -108

Brandon Banks scratched due to groin pull today!!! So no Chris Williams, No Jalen Saunders, No Speedy Banks for the cats. Just a patchwork receiving corps against the best D in the league. Adding another half unit at -1.5. Full bet now as follows...

1.5/.5* Calgary -1/-1.5 -110/-106

Also adding a 1Q bet in the late game...

1* OTT / SSK 1Q under 10.5 -108

Brandon Banks scratched due to groin pull today!!! So no Chris Williams, No Jalen Saunders, No Speedy Banks for the cats. Just a patchwork receiving corps against the best D in the league. Adding another half unit at -1.5. Full bet now as follows...

1.5/.5* Calgary -1/-1.5 -110/-106

Fuck it...I'm going max bet full 3 units on this one. Can't get news out of the locker room like this and not hit it as hard as I can.

Full bet now...

1.5/1.5* Calgary -1/-1.5 -110/-106

I mean what's the point of having sources if you don't react when news like this comes along once or twice a season.

Full card for today below...

1* Saskatchewan -4.5 -113
0.5* Parlay BC / Sask ML +142

Last time the stamps lost 3 straight road games was 2011.

Last time the TiCats won 4 straight games was 2015

The Banks news just hit twitter. Let’s see if the line moves.

Rosters aren’t etched in stone until 1 hour prior to kickoff but now that this news is out, it will spread quick. He’s the league’s 2nd leading receiver.

I think the stamps will do everything they can to take away Tasker today and let Masoli try to beat them with what he has left.

I mean what's the point of having sources if you don't react when news like this comes along once or twice a season.

Full card for today below...

1* Saskatchewan -4.5 -113
0.5* Parlay BC / Sask ML +142

eta forgot one bet in the full card...

0.5* CAL / HAM over 50.5 -108

Also Jamal Rolle is a late scratch in the cats secondary.

Man this is a crazy game already and kickoff still an hour away

Results after Week 14

Sides 16-13 +7.74*
Totals 17-8-1 +6.73*
2H plays 8-4 +3.92*
Live Plays 1-1 +0.225*
Teaser/Parlay 3-3 +0.305*

Overall 45-29-1 +18.92*

Went 2-4 but made a small profit thanks to hitting my biggest play of the year on Calgary. I've been treading water the past few weeks but there's often a fallow patch in mid-season so I just have to ride it out and keep doing what I'm doing until the next breakout week. I'm still only a unit below my season high.

Manziel confirmed as the starter this weekend in Winnipeg.

Hardrick and Dressler will be back for the bombers. Still no word on jeffcoat and Leggat

How bad has Saskatchewan's offense been? I just read more than 70% of the Roughriders points this season have come from defense and special teams. The offense has only generated 30%.

That must be some sort of record.

Thanks gents.

I'm stalking 1 more bet in the Cats/Lions game (aka the fur-bowl) but don't have a line available to me at present. Hopefully today once Banks status becomes more clear.

Last edited:
1* BC Lions +2.5 -107

Banks out again, the cats are going to struggle to score again just like they did last week.
Might take a team total under when available. We’ll see.

Fuggit...gonna take the full game under now. I'm scared that once Banks being out gets around (news just came out <1hr ago) the total will drop and remove any value on the team side.

1* HAM / BC under 50.5 -108

Getting conflicting reports on Banks now. Some saying he won’t play, some saying he will. Stay tuned.

The reporters I trust the most (beat guys) saying Banks is out.
The reporters I trust less (TSN talking heads) say he’s in.

I’m thinking he doesn’t play.

Inexplicably some books have moved to a 3 on BC so I’m adding a half unit. Full bet now as follows...

1*/0.5* BC Lions +2.5/+3 -107/-108

Finally have a book that allows me to play parlays with open slots again! I used to do this a lot but some of my books took that option away.

0.5* Parlay WPG -472 / open / open

Nice! I'll do it with you. Montreal seems bad

Yeah they're terrible although showing gradual improvement. Mostly though I think Winnipeg bounces back off 4 straight losses after a bye. Their season is on the line here and I think they come out on fire. I would take them if I could get a -9.5.

Results after Week 14

Sides 17-13 +9.24*
Totals 17-10-1 +4.60*
2H plays 8-5 +3.39*
Live Plays 1-1 +0.225*
Teaser/Parlay 3-3 +0.305*

Overall 46-32-1 +17.76*

Shit week. 1-3 and lots over a unit.

1* BC Lions +7 -107

Fading Hamilton for the 7th straight week (4-2 so far) and its not the greatest spot in the world for BC but I just think this line is out of whack. Sure they are off a big win and sure the cats have to be seething about the way they lost last week and sure BC has been a homer team this year but I still think we are getting 2-5-3.5 extra points here and I'll take them. This is an all-important game for both teams for the playoff push and I expect both to bring their 'A' game and keep it close.

-Last game had to be a boost for Jennings confidence and I think (hope?) it carries forward to this week.
-Quietly since adding Shawn Lemon, BC has wracked up the most sacks and pressures in the league. Hamilton still doesn't have a strong left tackle and it showed again last week as Masoli was under heat all game.
-John White is a good backup RB but is no Alex Green and especially when it comes to blocking
-Speedy B likely to be back but probably not at 100%

Upping this to a 2 unit play as Hamilton's injury status becomes clearer.

-Speedy Banks is back but Terrance Toliver is in concussion protocol and iffy to play.
-DT Jason Neill is out
-DE Adrian Tracy is questionable with a deep thigh bruise
-DE Jamal Westermann is questionable with a sprained ankle

The cats could win this game but there is no way on earth they should be favoured by 7 with no depth on the defensive line and a patchwork group of receivers. No way.

Full bet now as follows...

2* BC Lions +7 -107

Gonna take a shot with the over here too. Last week I went under this number in the same matchup and lost. After seeing the way Jennings was slinging it, it really looks like Jackson has taken the leash off a little bit. Hamilton only managed one sack and a few pressures last week and this week they have no depth on the DL with potentially 3 guys out. Add in Masoli getting his favourite target Banks back and I think this one could be a shootout. After adjusting for all that I think a fair number would be 52.5. So give me the over.

1* BC / HAM over 50.5 -108

Upping this to a 2 unit play as Hamilton's injury status becomes clearer.

-Speedy Banks is back but Terrance Toliver is in concussion protocol and iffy to play.
-DT Jason Neill is out
-DE Adrian Tracy is questionable with a deep thigh bruise
-DE Jamal Westermann is questionable with a sprained ankle

Updating this...

Westermann is out and placed on IR
Neill and Tracy listed as starting. From people close to the team the feeling is that Neill plays little if at all.
Toliver passed concussion protocol and will start.

So not as bad as previously thought but I still like my bet. This game should be closer than 7.

Updating this...

Neill and Tracy listed as starting. From people close to the team the feeling is that Neill plays little if at all.

So not as bad as previously thought but I still like my bet. This game should be closer than 7.
Sounds good.

I have 7.5 avail but -125.

I'll sit and wait a bit then join ya...

Updating this...

And another juicy update...Cats LT Avery Jordan is suddenly out for personal reasons. Enter Kevin Palmer off the practice roster, a journeyman with a handful of starts with BC last year. This is awesome news. LT is easily the most important position on the line and now we have a guy just picked up this month, sitting on the practice roster and now dropped into live game action.

Oh and did I mention BC leads the league in sacks, pressures and interceptions this season? Yum!

Filling one of the open spots with Baltimore ML today

0.5* Parlay WPG -472 / BAL -227 / open

Completing this parlay with Calgary tonight. Full bet as follows...

0.5* Parlay (WPG -472 / BAL -227 / Calgary -674) -103

This was not the bet I was intending to make but the book that I have this open parlay with has suddenly decided to reveal themselves to be little more than a scam and limited my action due to "professional play". So I am getting this parlay done in the most expedient way possible so I can withdraw my funds and close my account there.

1* Winnipeg +6.5 -115

I’ll put down some thoughts later if anyone is interested.

Ok brief thoughts on this one. Much like the BC/HAM game I just think this line is inflated. I made it 3.5 so I think there is some value on the dog.

This game is hugely important to both teams. Edmonton currently sits third in the west, a game behind Sask who gets to play the 'free-space' Alouettes on Sunday so they need to keep pace to have any hope of landing a home playoff date. For the bombers, a loss here would all but eliminate them from the west playoffs as they sit in 5th behind BC who has a game in hand and Edmonton who would win the season series tie-breaker with the win. The Bombers only hope after that would be a crossover spot and no crossover team has ever made it to the Grey Cup. So I expect a playoff atmosphere here and a close, hard fought game by both teams.

The risk with Winnipeg is that they looked so lost for 4 straight games and only just turned it around last week against Montreal. But I am trusting that that win restored Nichols confidence and he is ready to ball. Also Montreal's defence has gotten fairly stout as of late and the same can't be said for Edmonton. Its been an average at best defence for most of the year, even when healthy. Probably their biggest weakness is defending the run and for that the Bombers have Andrew Harris back after missing most of last week's game. Reports from practice this week say he is 100% and ready to go. He also just got passed for the league rushing lead by William Powell and although I doubt he would admit it publicly, I think that means something for him. Look for him to have a big game vs the Esks porous rush defence.

I waited and lost a bit of line value because there were question marks araound a number of players this week. Coach O'Shea likes to play games I am learning and gives a lot of vets 'maintenance day's during the week without always admitting so. Reporters report and it creates a lot of uncertainty. This week the status of Brandon Alexander, Kevin Fogg, Adam Bighill and Nick Demski were all clouded like this. As of today, all are playing which makes this pretty much a 100% healthy squad.

Finally, Ill add that Edmonton is often overvalued after labour day. Contrary to popular thought, they really don't have a strong home field advantage. Since 2004, they are 12-19 ATS at home in the month of September, the caveat being that a number of those games would be the back end of the labour day home-and-home against the Stamps and the Stamp own that series.

:siren:

BC down to 6 at some books. Some still holding a 7. If you like this dog, get on it now!!

Now Steve Milton, longtime beat reporter for the cats is reporting that Neill and Tracy will miss the game.

I'm not sure what to believe but the cats DL could be in serious trouble on Saturday.

my week 17 will lean to :

Redblacks 5 units
Argonauts 2 units
Alouettes 1 unit
Roughriders 10 units

I have varying unit sizes based on my data and the lines, but indicated plays and units are posted before any lines.

Back