Hulu's CFL 2018

Cold...As...Ice

But I still feel good about Ottawa and the under. Its windy and drizzly and shitty in Hamilton. The cats have almost no HFA anyway and this weather will keep the phony fans away which is about 2/3 of them. I'll be there though because I'm an idiot.

Added anoher half unit on the under 53.5 -102 making the under a 2 unit play now. Its really freakin windy right now. Can't even keep my hat on.

Also...
0.25* OTT / HAM 1Q under 10.5 +104
0.25* Ottawa ML +170

Since I'm playing with house money, I like this...

1* BC Lions 2H +4.5 -107

Collaros knocked out and Tre Mason possibly as well. I think BC at least makes this one close

Hey Bro, I see the weather is looking a lil' wet in Montreal today. Any leans here?

Yeah it looks like Montreal got the same storm that hit Hamilton last night. Looking at the radar it looks like the worst of the wind will pass by game time though. Without weather I made the number 50.5 so its already a point below that. Definitely lean under but I am sitting in the black this week so I think I'll just watch this one and look for a possible 2H bet.

I really should've bet Montreal when they opened at pk but was slow on the trigger. Wouldn't take them at -3

Thanks, I took under 50 here yesterday, anticipating some shitty weather. I'll check the radar before kickoff and maybe buy some off.

:cheers3:

Gonna join you for a bit...it looks really shitty there in the pregame

0.5* TOR / MON under 49.5 -101

Oh for fucks sakes, Al Bradbury AGAIN?? That crew worked the game in Winnipeg as well. What did CFL fans do to deserve having this guy slaughter 2 games in one weekend?

The rain and wind really died down. I still think the under has a good chance of coming in but I probably shouldve just stayed away from this one. This Argos defense is capable of giving up too many big plays.

Results after Week 20

Sides 23-21 +6.725*
Totals 22-14-1 +6.115*
2H plays 9-7 +1.08*
Live Plays 1-1 +0.225*
Teaser/Parlay 4-3 +0.79*

Overall 59-46-1 +14.935*

3-3 on the week and +1.355*. Final week of the regular season coming up but no lines out yet. Only one game has any meaning and if the number is right I may have a play but more likely, I'll stick to 2H bets if any pop up.

Won't likely have a bet this week. Only the final game has meaning as the STamps need the win to secure first place. I was hoping to catch them as a small dog or short fav but at -6.5 the bookies are on the same wavelength.

The other spot I liked was the under in Hamilton. There is still a perception that the cats are a high flying offense but without Banks they're just not. Also Montreal is a solid under team who may play QB games again like they did last week giving Manziel and Pipkin each a half. But at its current 48.5 there's no value there. Some odds sites are showing it oipened at 53.5 but not at any of my books. If it did, I would've bet the under for sure.

Other games have multiple question marks. Unbettable week. 2Hs are possible however.

Ok I lied...I Think there’s some value here with Ottawa starting Dominique Davis and a trio of rookie receivers Some of them haven’t been off the practice roster all season. Add in miserable, rainy conditions and a shitty Argos offense and I think this will be an unwatchable slogfest. A recipe for an under.

0.5* TOR / OTT under 48 -110

I am a glutton for punishment but I am keeping these small because meaningless games are so unpredictable.

0.5* Montreal +6.5 -110

Hamilton depth chart came out and like the redblacks, they are sitting a ton of starters. Dane Evans gets his first ever game action, starting at QB. HJe looked decent 21 weeks ago in preseason but that was late game vs scrubs, many of whom never made a roster. They are also starting the dregs of their receiving corps, 3 linebackers who have only special teams experience, a new right tackle and a left tackle who started a few games but was benched. Its a pre-season-like roster.

The ALs should field their best options and I think Manziel will have a little extra for this one off his first win last week, playing against the team who traded him to the train wreck that is the Montreal Alouettes. I also think John Bowman might shine here in the final game of his career.
Should be a crap crowd too with no atmosphere. Of course I'll be there because I'm a sucker.

The officiating in this game is just ridiculous. All these PI calls are borderline at best. And the concept of accidental pass interference should just go away.

Ok I lied...I Think there’s some value here with Ottawa starting Dominique Davis and a trio of rookie receivers Some of them haven’t been off the practice roster all season. Add in miserable, rainy conditions and a shitty Argos offense and I think this will be an unwatchable slogfest. A recipe for an under.

0.5* TOR / OTT under 48 -110

Great job Hulu...

:moneybill:

Glad I got on the ALs right when Hamilton's depth chart was released. Down to 4.5 or 5 all over now.

Late night degen special on the final game of the regular season. Calgary needs this game and should be able to pull out the win but I don't like laying big points on a team thats lost 3 straight. BC can talk all they want about winning Wally's final home game, but in reality Wally wants another cup and knows he has a tough road, having to win two on the road in the east to get there. I think he will sit some guys as this game wears on. Calgary has struggled to score of late with their depleted receiving corps and Eric Rogers will miss this game. They also get 4 defensive starters back including all-stars Tre Roberson and Jameer Thurman. I see the stamps winning and a low scoring affair.

0.5* Teaser Calgary -1 / under 55.5 +100

Oh god no. Al Bradbury.

For the love of all thats holy. Why do they let this man officiate football games???

Results after Regular Season

Sides 24-21 +7.225*
Totals 23-14-1 +6.615*
2H plays 9-7 +1.08*
Live Plays 1-1 +0.225*
Teaser/Parlay 5-3 +1.29*

Overall 62-46-1 +16.435*

3-0 this week. Not bad for a guy who said there were no bets on the board. Creeping back within striking distance of my season high in units. Would be great to get there in the playoffs.

Results after Regular Season

Sides 24-21 +7.225*
Totals 23-14-1 +6.615*
2H plays 9-7 +1.08*
Live Plays 1-1 +0.225*
Teaser/Parlay 5-3 +1.29*

Overall 62-46-1 +16.435*

3-0 this week. Not bad for a guy who said there were no bets on the board. Creeping back within striking distance of my season high in units. Would be great to get there in the playoffs.

Great stuff.

When do playoffs start and what is the format?

Great stuff.

When do playoffs start and what is the format?

Only 5 games left.

Next weekend the east semi-final has BC traveling to Hamilton. BC getting the crossover spot. No crossover team has ever won the cup. The west semi-final will be Winnipeg at Saskatchewan which should be a fantastic game. Both games on Sunday.

The winners advance to play Ottawa in the east final and Calgary in the west final with the winners of those advancing to the Grey Cup in Edmonton on Nov 25.

Lines are out and I was asleep at the switch as BC opened at +3 and are now -2 at some shops. I can still get a +1.5 but I'm mulling it over. This game really could go either way.

1* WPG / SSK under 52 -110

I liked this play anyway but was waiting on a couple pieces of info but then some tout released this as a 3* play and the line is moving. I found a -110 but it’s -120 or worse at many books now. Get it while you can.

I may be on the first quarter or first half under there too depending on numbers when we get them.

Also one other play I’m looking at.

It looks like the weather is gonna be pretty chilly and windy in Regina, a good under Bro...

It looks like the weather is gonna be pretty chilly and windy in Regina, looks like a good under Bro...

Yeah absolutely frigid. -10C is the high for the day and as the sun goes down in the 2H it will only get colder. I love 1Q unders in games like that.

Winnipeg down to pk in some places now. Catching up on news but I suspect there may be an issue with Collaros. I raised an eyebrow when they signed retired backup Drew Tate in their week 21 bye week. Glad I got it when I did.

Winnipeg down to pk in some places now. Catching up on news but I suspect there may be an issue with Collaros. I raised an eyebrow when they signed retired backup Drew Tate in their week 21 bye week. Glad I got it when I did.

Glad I tailed you and got the +3, I also threw a little more on the under there.

Any leans on that first game between the cats?

Glad I tailed you and got the +3, I also threw a little more on the under there.

Any leans on that first game between the cats?

Its a tough game to cap because there's so many competing storylines. zThe teams split their season series, with the Lions winning at home in OT and then not even showing up the next week in Hamilton, losing 40-11. But inconsistent Jon Jennings started both those games for BC and now Travis Lulay is back while the cats had Brandon Banks in the lineup back then and now they don't so I'm not sure how much those meetings tell us.

The cats have gotten all their defensive pieces back for this game, DE Adrian Tracy, DL Neill and CB Delvin Breaux so they should be able to slow the Lions offense on paper. But when I look at the Lions offense I see a bunch loaded with playoff experience and in Lulay and Sutton, have a pair of guys who know this may be their final chance at a cup. In fact, all through the Lions roster I think there are guys like that. BC has been shit on the road all year and I generally hate betting dome teams on the road but I just feel like this is a group on a mission. I think they can win this game.

Hamilton doesn't have much HFA but today might be different as there should be a full, engaged crowd for this one (your humble writer included). Jeremiah Masoli has been a stat darling all year but he still isn't a guy I would trust to lead the team on a 4th quarter comeback. In fact, if you take his stats from 4 games against Toronto and Montreal out of the equation, his numbers look pretty damn ordinary against everyone else and he still plays better on the road than at home. And the cats still haven't found an answer to the loss of Banks, Saunders, Toliver and Chambers at receiver. Its a real patchwork that Masoli is throwing to with Marquay McDaniel who has only been out of retirement for 3 games (although he does have a wealth of playoff experience), drop-prone Mike Jones, rookie Justin Buren..etc etc etc.

Weather wise its a beautiful fall day. Sunny and cool (2C) but no wind to speak of. Its a perfect football day.

Apparently BC opened at +3 before early bettors pounded it down to pk. I think +3 was a good play but I missed it. I would take +2.5 or even +2 if the public bettors continue to push this line toward the cats. I'm seeing some +1.5 outt there now. Another option would be to tease BC and the under. Under because I see both teams leaning on their running game a bit more than usual in this one.

Fuggit, lets do both...

0.5*/0.5* BC Lions +2 / ML -110 / +109

1* Teaser BC +8 / under 58 +100

Still one bet I'm stalking but no books have released 1Q numbers yet.

0.25* WPG / SSK 1Q under 10.5 -118

Its juicy but I used to play football in Canada and nothing sucks more than warming up in frigid conditions, going back into the warm lockerroom and then having to come back out to the arctic and start hitting. It takes a bit of time to get going, to adjust to the footing, the way the ball feels etc. Not to mention FG range is seriously reduced in this kind of cold.

Collaros confirmed out, Brandon Bridge starting for Sask. Might not be a bad moment to take a future on Winnipeg to win the cup with Calgary's injury situation. They are still +580 or so.

Back