dub"s bowl thread

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Bowl thread..

Usually a pretty good thread years ago... Ive been hit and miss posting this year but promise I'll try to keep this thread active and informational.. Input and opinions always make it better:announce:

Plays here:

SGU+8; 6 units
Tulane -1.5; 4 units
CBB

12/13---iowa CBB +4.5; 4 units
WIN

MMA

12/14---
Mighty Mouse -138 , medium
KO WIN

NHL

12/14 ---Blues 3 way -110, 4 units
LOSS (blues won in OT)

Last edited:
Iowa +8; 6 units

Think its the best play on the board and it will eventually cross 7 IMO.. Made it in the 3 to 4 range.... Breakdown coming... 6-2 on iowa games this most posted on here.. was against and for... for, here.... seen this game before... same deal

this just out tonight...LT Scherff giving up millions to return for senior season... High expectations going into '14 for SGU. The sheriff will be top rated tackle going into next year... Like a team that is committed already to next year, in bowl game this year, dogged as usual vs the vaunted SEC/NFL conference.. Big Ten middle of the road team has no chance... seen this movie many times.

@HawkeyeNation: Merry Christmas, Iowa fans RT @nfldraftscout: Spoke to Brandon Scherff and he is indeed headed back to Iowa for senior season.

Iowa +8; 6 units

Think its the best play on the board and it will eventually cross 7 IMO.. Made it in the 3 to 4 range.... Breakdown coming... 6-2 on iowa games this most posted on here.. was against and for... for, here.... seen this game before... same deal

Thisis certainly on my lean list but the opener caught me off guard to be honest. I didn't expect over a TD after the loss of Mett for LSU. Any insight on the mindset of the Iowa team in this one tee? Happy to be there?

part of the story for bowl game lead up but also for those capping early season future bets for '14..... Iowa swaps out MSU, Mich and OSU for Maryland, Indiana and Illinois in '14; wow... team returns everything:shocked:

Thisis certainly on my lean list but the opener caught me off guard to be honest. I didn't expect over a TD after the loss of Mett for LSU. Any insight on the mindset of the Iowa team in this one tee? Happy to be there?

Iowa lives for this... look at history.. I'll try to post some ferentz history in coming days.... Little norm parker (DC) with a month to prepare and a defense that should have been much more celebrated in post season awards ... but wasn't..... shoulder meet chip

lol kyle--- remember we had that conversation a few years ago... hope you are well my man

gonna try to make this a multi use thread... mma, cbb, etc...but this----

maybe Im just odd, fairly certain according to mrs dub,,,, but I think the Bonnie and clyde mini series on History is phenomenal... not too late to record if your werent aware

don't get much better than this... Iowa// Iowa state game when it comes to CBB rivalries.... KJ-- making it ISU -4.. You?... first time both teams have been ranked before play since 1987

I had it firmly at 5 before this weekend, close game with UNI might have knocked it down a point

Friday night games are out of the normal routine though, could be chaos

Had a feeling you would be on this. I am looking through Iowa games from this season now. Have to question LSU's motivation to be in this bowl. It was a heartbreaker for me last time these two met. I remember exactly where I was and couldnt understand how the defense let Holloway get behind them, and Tate threw a strike. And the Saban era ended just like that. Interesting game here. We will see what Anthony Jennings can do for a whole game.

[video=youtube;axb23I1aQMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axb23I1aQMA[/video]

Lined the Iowa/isu CBB game perfectly. Currently sitting at 4. Best defensive rebounding team in CBB (isu) vs one of the best offensive rebounding teams. Basically, clones shoot threes and layups. Iowa gonna go smallish in lineup but still has length advantage at nearly every position. Up and down game for sure. Iowa goes 10 deep with quality all the way through. Isu basically 7 deep. I know who wins this if they shoot equally but they wont

Tractors warming up for trip to florida's gulf coast.

@markwcarlson: The Hawkeye ticket office says they've sold 9,100 of their 11,500 tickets to the Outback Bowl.

And predictable, not so much interest in Louisiana .

@Rome_Chandler: Per The Advocate, #LSU has sold 100 student tickets to the Outback Bowl as of Friday morning.

On neutral, I have Iowa -2 in CBB tonight and I'd be all the fuck over that. Hilton is magic but not 6.5 points worth of magic IMO. Waiting for 5 but will take current number or slightly less if I'm wrong on movement.. Seen 90 percent of the games of both teams and 3 of Iowa games in person. Just hoping lafester Rhodes , circa 1987, doesn't suit up for clones

Locked this in:

iowa CBB +4.5; 4 units

got some small on ml also.

gotta head to mrs dubs Holiday party now . Planning to come down with mysterious stomach ailment and abruptly leave at exactly 8:20 CST

Nice work Tee. Hard to believe after watching that Iowa didn't win outright and then almost blew the +4. GL!

Nice work Tee. Hard to believe after watching that Iowa didn't win outright and then almost blew the +4. GL!

Ya thanks guys.. Game played out almost as exactly as I thought sans the last 50 seconds.. Iowa dominated on the glass vs very misleading ISU rebounding stats coming in . Iowa outrebounded 47-33 and got 13 offensive boards off the nations leader in defensive rebounds coming in.. Knew that was coming.

Key to the game were the missed free throws late of course but to be fair as usual ISU was also abysmal from the line, but I expected that.. Didn't expect 80% FT shooter (Gesell) to miss two late and only hit 2-5 for game.. THE REAL SWITCHING POINT THO was Chalky White getting the offensive rebound with :52 to play and Iowa leading 82-79, then turned it over on the kickout.. that was the game right there..

Anyway, a winner and the books got absolutely crushed as it hit on the worst possible number for them.. HA ha ha.. love that shit and learned a lot and will make money on that knowledge later... Adjusting ISU's homecourt advantage up a bit, its always high but that was insane last night.. Iowa is very veteran and handled quite well, but you bring a young team (KU) in there in that environment, not so much... Iowa is gonna be a beast in Big Ten with that depth... Looks like Ogelsby (shooting guard) is set to be back next week and he adds potentially a very key three point threat in the transition game..

Very good CBB game to watch..

GL Tee,I`ll be joining you on this,youre shit hot when it comes to sgu

BTW,have you seen the fucking size of him lately ? ,its safe to say,he likes his food.

GL mate :cheers:

GL Tee,I`ll be joining you on this,youre shit hot when it comes to sgu

BTW,have you seen the fucking size of him lately ? ,its safe to say,he likes his food.

GL mate :cheers:

LOL my British friend.. When he first arrived at Iowa he was 270 or so.. Had a lot of problems getting into college and worked delivering pizzas I think for awhile.. His motto, "deliver one, eat one" lol

free MMA on fox tonight... card was loaded at one time but injuries have changed it drastically.. Still at the top a pretty good card..

Only significant play for me currently is the main event--- Mighty Mouse -138 for a medium MMA wager..

Faber v. Mcdonald is an interesting bout... Mcdonald is young and rapidly ascending. Is he to the point of bringing down veteran Fabor?... I sense Faber is gonna wrestle the shit out of him and if he doesn't get hurt early, will outpoint him.. no play currently

if you are looking for a longshot dog with a fighting chance, take a look at Lentz... You can probably find +600.. I think he has a small chance but game chance.. he has looked like a new man since dropping from lightweight to featherweight. Lentz is 3-0 at 145 pounds... Menendez is at a different level tho but sometimes the bigger man who has grappling skills can get the big upset.. I'll have something small on it but only bet of significance is the Mouse

Faber from Sacto - should be big home crowd for him. Now down to 135 at my shop.

he'll score plenty I agree jdogg, just really tough fight for me to cap.. Mcdonald is getting better as he gets more experience and you never know when he is gonna get close to his peak, but know this, he'll keep getting better.. Faber is at peak already and prolly heading the other way slowly.. just the way those guys roll. How much better will McDonald be tonight? How much fade will Faber have? tricky to cap IMO. lean Faber but pretty sure no play from me.. GL Jdogg

had to check some things out but rolling with this now:

Blues 3 way -110, 4 units

Hitchcock got em straightened out after a brief funk and overall blues dominating the East (10 of 12) and think it continues tonight.. Columbus has problems at goal and is starting Journeyman st Louis native McKenna tonight.. Blues first line should feast..

sure is tough ,.... saints and under the right 2h positions but how could anyone think both come in let alone hope for that kind of perfect score?

Back