time to post my 2018 bowl thread so far

How do you know who is motivated or not? It's a myth. Especially in a first half. I think in the second halves players quit much earlier than regular season..but this motivation stuff just isn't flying this bowl season or really any one I can remember. If anyone is motivated, it's Purdue with their "superfan" and Brohm coming back, but talent is winning against a middle of pack B1G team in any bowl..jmo.

FYI, I'm not attacking you, just speaking in general to people who read this thread.

How do you know who is motivated or not? It's a myth. Especially in a first half. I think in the second halves players quit much earlier than regular season..but this motivation stuff just isn't flying this bowl season or really any one I can remember. If anyone is motivated, it's Purdue with their "superfan" and Brohm coming back, but talent is winning against a middle of pack B1G team in any bowl..jmo.

FYI, I'm not attacking you, just speaking in general to people who read this thread.

We are making the same point Hunt. It isn't an attack of me, it is agreeing with me

I try to ignore the noise of motivation, I do in some spots but then in others like Purdue it pulls me in as I hardcore bit on the Auburn locker room not caring about Gus. But then I ignore it for Richt. It is all such a shit show and I guess I"ll just take all of my losses as a losing investment to learn.

I try to ignore the noise of motivation, I do in some spots but then in others like Purdue it pulls me in as I hardcore bit on the Auburn locker room not caring about Gus. But then I ignore it for Richt. It is all such a shit show and I guess I"ll just take all of my losses as a losing investment to learn.

Ya. The lesson I need to learn is to avoid focusing on bowl motivation. I am not saying it is uncappable for all, I just haven't found anyone good at it yet and I am clearly not.

Or to put another way ... it isn't all it is cracked up to be. Purdue may very well be motivated and it just doesn't matter.

Doesn't the oddsmaker have the same advantage? And in game wagering has a higher vig.
If you can see a team isnt motivated you can expect a snowball effect in the game like we're seeing with Auburn-Purdue. Its pretty obvious early and its common in Bowl games.

If you can see a team isnt motivated you can expect a snowball effect in the game like we're seeing with Auburn-Purdue. Its pretty obvious early and its common in Bowl games.
I should also add that it's not just motivation, its mismatches which was really visible early in the Auburn game. If you can't stop the run early and you're already the lesser team, adios.

Last edited:
What do you think about Houston. Seems to me that Major lost that team the moment he told Oliver to remove a jacket. That team definitely did not show up. Army was going to play hard regardless. It's just their nature.

What do you think about Houston. Seems to me that Major lost that team the moment he told Oliver to remove a jacket. That team definitely did not show up. Army was going to play hard regardless. It's just their nature.

Army was more motivated. looked like Major lost the team as you say. And with the DL injuries they just didn't have anyone up front to stop them .. the depth was obviously poor, the prep was obviously poor, the gameplan was poor, the effort was an atrocity

Ya. The lesson I need to learn is to avoid focusing on bowl motivation. I am not saying it is uncappable for all, I just haven't found anyone good at it yet and I am clearly not.

Seems like something that while obviously one of biggest factors basically impossible to predict who actually comes in motivated. I try to stay pretty far away from all thee stupid.com meaningless bowls but of course always find myself bored betting some of them! Lol

Unfortunate end to 1h for washngton state. Isu will be fired up

Over 2h 27.5

Isu down two defenders
Isu will go for it
Midget guarding butler
Montgomery will show 2h

Adding my sincere appreciation. You have been a big help to me. Happy, peaceful, and prosperous new year

That will do it for this year.
Best regular season ever
Worst Bowl season ever

Appreciate everyone who contributed this year.

Sort of leaning to taking 2019 off but I know I will get the itch in August.

Will not be around the site as much the next few months other than to check my fantasy league and the politics forum. I am burned out on sports and sports betting, big time burned out.

Happy New Year!

The burnout is so real and it only seems to get worse with age

Last couple years I've 100% looked forward to desert summers ffs for that reason

That will do it for this year.
Best regular season ever
Worst Bowl season ever

Appreciate everyone who contributed this year.

Sort of leaning to taking 2019 off but I know I will get the itch in August.

Will not be around the site as much the next few months other than to check my fantasy league and the politics forum. I am burned out on sports and sports betting, big time burned out.

Happy New Year!
It's in our blood vk. Personally I've taken down many notches and still enjoy the action. What's been the difference for me? I'm good collecting a couple hundred a month to pay for vacation stuff. The key was for me to make it a habit of thinking this way.
We've lost A LOT of good cappers here recently. I believe they burnt out as well or they'd still be here. This is an amazing forum.
Lastly, I'll take a break myself after the Super Bowl until the NCAA conference tournaments start. A good month off before the Madness begins. GL my friend. You're an amazing contributor to this site.

Vk is awesome for the site. Great job vk and appreciate all the content and contributions you've provided all these years. I know I said it before in this thread but can't say it enough.

Regardless of your decision, I hope you contribute. Site wouldnt be the same. The content of this thread, week-in-week-out is nothing short of incredible. Even if you drop in to pay homiage to UCF, it would be worth it.

Back