Bowl Game Opt-Outs, Injuries, Transfers, Suspensions & Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, some of these transfers are being lured away solely on NIL and NIL alone. It's not playing time or even profile of school to position for next level. Lots talk on the message boards for Cuse and Wazzou and others. People going through kids parents, coaches of other teams contacting kids (which is supposed to not be allowed). Bunch of bullshit, lots of bullshit everywhere.

Got one official add for Purdue:

Corey Trice (Top DB) left to go prepare for the NFL but also think it was academic related....

Kind of expect a couple more of those and probably at least 1 being rather notable on the D side of the ball depending on how finals go

Even bigger though is what happens with the offense as the top names (ones that probably will impact the spread by 7+) Jones, O’Connell, Durham are all up in the air with Jones probably most likely to sit.

Drew Brees will be on staff and some nil $ put together to try to get all 3 to play but we will see how it plays out

first bowl practice yesterday for purdue

O’CONNELL, Durham, Jones, and Jalen Graham were no shows

Folks seem to believe Jones is already training for the draft and hasn’t been around since last week. I think more than likely he’s out for the bowl but will advise when it’s official.

Jalen Graham seems to be the top defensive player whom didn’t make grades. I think safe to rule him out for the bowl.

Haven’t been able to solidify AOC and Durham so not sure there yet but obviously not a great sign

My thing with AOC....

Stinking Van Wilder here. Respect him a lot, but he's nothing more than a journey man in NFL. Go show more film man.

My thing with AOC....

Stinking Van Wilder here. Respect him a lot, but he's nothing more than a journey man in NFL. Go show more film man.

So many of these guys not playing the bowl now, to "prepare for the NFL" I don't know if some of these guys opting out even get drafted. What are they protecting?

So many of these guys not playing the bowl now, to "prepare for the NFL" I don't know if some of these guys opting out even get drafted. What are they protecting?
Bingo.

I understand 1st and 2nd day guys. I don't care for it, but I get it.

Some of these others make no sense.

Bingo.

I understand 1st and 2nd day guys. I don't care for it, but I get it.

Some of these others make no sense.

It's really overwhelming this year, somebody should go back and look and see how many of these "preparing for the draft" guys don't get drafted.

Remember Wash St RB Max Borghi? opt out ended up undrafted free agent.

Nevada QB Carson Strong? Opt out, undrafted

Texas A&M TE Wydermyer, undrafted - they didn[t play their bowl but he opted out

Auburn LB Zakoby McClain, he oped out, undrafted

You could write a book on what is happening with these guys opting out and not even getting drafted

It's really overwhelming this year, somebody should go back and look and see how many of these "preparing for the draft" guys don't get drafted.

Remember Wash St RB Max Borghi? opt out ended up undrafted free agent.

Nevada QB Carson Strong? Opt out, undrafted

Texas A&M TE Wydermyer, undrafted - they didn[t play their bowl but he opted out

Auburn LB Zakoby McClain, he oped out, undrafted

You could write a book on what is happening with these guys opting out and not even getting drafted

hell - roughly HALF the guys that enter the portal don't get signed - basically retiring .....to Home Depot......

I think a lot of these guys see an easy way to get out of bowl practices in nasty weather - kinda talk themselves into it, with the help of their friends and family of course - NOBODY likes to hear the TRUTH, has been my observation - FANTASY is much more fun .....

Yep....Nicole a little late to the party on that one. It will make for a fun pregame hype speech but the hope was that Drew and some NIL $ would be able to entice AOC, Jones, Durham to stick around but no dice
Maybe the most impactful (not for the game) Drew can actively recruit as well

hell - roughly HALF the guys that enter the portal don't get signed - basically retiring .....to Home Depot......

I think a lot of these guys see an easy way to get out of bowl practices in nasty weather - kinda talk themselves into it, with the help of their friends and family of course - NOBODY likes to hear the TRUTH, has been my observation - FANTASY is much more fun .....

yup, into the portal to never receive a scholarship or an opportunity for a free degree again

Brown is a capable and very good RB this year and last, they use him a lot and he produces, but obviously he is second string for a reason and McBride was on multiple AA lists.

Horns updated per Fantasy Pros

• QB Hudson Card (Transfer portal)
  • RB Bijan Robinson (Opt-out)
  • RB Roschon Johnson (Opt-out)
  • WR Troy Omeire (Transfer portal)
  • OL Jaylen Garth (Transfer portal)
  • OL Andrej Karic (Transfer portal)
  • EDGE DJ Harris (Transfer portal)
  • LB Prince Dorbah (Transfer portal)
  • LB DeMarvion Overshown (Opt-out)
  • DB JD Coffey (Transfer portal)

Yeah Bijan earned his money, quit and is off to make even more money.

Hope he has a terrible career

How Wash is still +4 is beyond me. No opt outs for Wash. Penix in a dome. Huskies outright.

It's hard to keep count of how many starters are out of the bowl game for Oklahoma State. Another DB--I think he's the fifth DB--entered the portal today. Guys keep entering the portal every day and I think there are now 15 guys in it, including the starting QB, RB, best LB, and two best DBs, and another half dozen or so who have started at some point but have not started every game.

They may have gotten a slight break today when the NCAA announced players will now be able to play 5 games and still keep a red-shirt year if the fifth game is a bowl game. That would allow the back-up to Spencer Sanders to play, but only if the rule applies this year. It's still unclear if the the rule applies immediately or starts next year. If it does not apply this year they have to play Gundy's son and, since two walk on back up QBs also are in the portal, will have to convert some DB or WR to serve as back-up.

Last edited:
It seems like saving eligibility for the coaches would means less in todays world, how many times are they saving the year so the player can go use it somewhere else? Build depth when they have no idea if that depth will be on their roster 1 year, 2 years, 3 years? But I like the 5 game rule vs 4. Just now with free agency I think it means less, guy leaves, go get one off the street. It's only going to become more prevalent.

It's hard to keep count of how many starters are out of the bowl game for Oklahoma State. Another DB--I think he's the fifth DB--entered the portal today. Guys keep entering the portal every day and I think there are now 15 guys in it, including the starting QB, RB, best LB, and two best DBs, and another half dozen or so who have started at some point but have not started every game.

They may have gotten a slight break today when the NCAA announced players will now be able to play 5 games and still keep a red-shirt year if the fifth game is a bowl game. That would allow the back-up to Spencer Sanders to play, but only if the rule applies this year. It's still unclear if the the rule applies immediately or starts next year. If it does not apply this year they have to play Gundy's son and, since two walk on back up QBs also are in the portal will have to convert some DB or WR to serve as back-up.
Bowl game waiver is immediate - started 12/15/22

At least Gundy will be there - great bowl coach

Check out Wisky

• QB Graham Mertz (Transfer portal)
  • QB Deacon Hill (Transfer portal)
  • RB Isaac Guerendo (Transfer portal)
  • WR Stephan Bracey (Transfer portal)
  • WR Markus Allen (Unknown status)
  • TE Jaylan Franklin (Transfer portal)
  • TE Clay Cundiff (Injury)
  • TE Cam Large (Injury)
  • OL Logan Brown (Transfer portal)
  • OG Michael Furtney (Transfer portal)
  • OG/TE Tyler Beach (Opt-out)
  • OC Joe Tippman (Opt-out)
  • NT Keeanu Benton (Opt-out)
  • LB Tristan Monday (Transfer portal)
  • LB Nick Herbig (Opt-out)
  • CB Semar Melvin (Transfer portal)
  • CB Jay Shaw (Opt-out)
  • CB Justin Clark (Opt-out)
  • S Titus Toler (Transfer portal)

Last edited:
Boise State QB hit the portal so a freshman who has never thrown a pass in college will start Saturday.

For UCLA, the 5-star freshman QB opted out. Half the defensive staff, including the DC, have taken other jobs although I haven't heard if they will stay around and coach the bowl game. Best UCLA D-lineman--Pac 12 Player of the Year-- opted out. Both safeties--including Kari Ramsey, best DB on the team--and starting corner back opted out. Also two important WRs and a TE opted out.

Ohio starting QB hit the portal, the backup QB was already out. The two best RBs, best WR, and best LB are all out. They all hit the portal.

Boise State QB hit the portal so a freshman who has never thrown a pass in college will start Saturday.

For UCLA, the 5-star freshman QB opted out. Half the defensive staff, including the DC, have taken other jobs although I haven't heard if they will stay around and coach the bowl game. Best UCLA D-lineman--Pac 12 Player of the Year-- opted out. Both safeties--including Kari Ramsey, best DB on the team--and starting corner back opted out. Also two important WRs and a TE opted out.

Ohio starting QB hit the portal, the backup QB was already out. The two best RBs, best WR, and best LB are all out. They all hit the portal.
LA Bowl screams shit which means dog and under will be heavily played

Not sure that it's any help but that sets up well for an under if either team scores in the first 9 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back