AFC Divisional Round: Jaguars vs. Chiefs Discussion Thread

Another Jax rematch scenario. Jags 27-17 loss at KC dropped them to 3-7.

Chiefs outgained Jax 486-315. Jax missed two field goals and had to settle for a field goal when they were second & goal at KC 4. Chiefs seemed sloppy and lackadaisical, if I recall. Three turnovers from them, including a fumble inside Jax 10. I imagine they knew ahead of time that they would win.

I have a hard time seeing the Jags come out flat after that second half. They will be playing with nothing to lose and I think they match up fairly well vs the Chiefs. PLus, it's the Chiefs in the playoffs, there will be some drama!

I'm looking at Jags tt o21.5 & fg o52.

Could see the Jags jump out to a quick lead before the KC machine takes over

I have a hard time seeing the Jags come out flat after that second half. They will be playing with nothing to lose and I think they match up fairly well vs the Chiefs. PLus, it's the Chiefs in the playoffs, there will be some drama!

Love, betting wise, to get a Jags HT lead, or quick few scores like Houston and Tennessee did few years back.

Love, betting wise, to get a Jags HT lead, or quick few scores like Houston and Tennessee did few years back.

If you look at past Chief playoff openers, they do seem to start slow many times. This could be the spot for the game prop Jags 1H — Chiefs 2H

First meeting, KC put up near 500 yards.

Only scored 27 points.

Three turnovers.

1h had plenty of possessions (20-7 at half).

2h was very low in possessions.

Mahomey stats were incredible.

Not enough running from Jacks, IMO, but obviously deficit played into it.

Jags certainly cannot afford to fall behind or give up possessions the way they did against the Chargers (They fire Staley yet?) because Chiefs won't stop scoring. Jags have multiple miracle comebacks to be in this game but I don't see a gift wrap here. They will have to play good the entire 60 to have a chance. This team is not completely outmatched by the remaining three in the conference.

They basically had one bad quarter vs the eagles to lose that one by a score, beat the chargers twice (outplaying them both times), lost to the giants by 6 in a game they fumbles inside the 10 and failed on 4th and 1 at the 20 (statistically even), had a fortunate win against the ravens but obviously were competitive there, got dominated by the chiefs in a 10 pt loss that should have been more, beat the cowboys while putting up over 500 yards on the defense we saw against the GOAT last night, and they are on a pretty big winning streak. Not sure why we would expect them to not compete here. The coach is excellent. They only really got curbstomped once this year by a lions team that was playing good ball at the time.

They are a deserved dog of this amount but that is more about how good KC is than them being a bad team of any sort.

First meeting, KC put up near 500 yards.

Only scored 27 points.

Three turnovers.

1h had plenty of possessions (20-7 at half).

2h was very low in possessions.

Mahomey stats were incredible.

Not enough running from Jacks, IMO, but obviously deficit played into it.

Chief fan can correct me but it seems like this sort of thing oddly happens a lot with the Chiefs.

Against the Titans they accrued 499 yards but scored 20 points (including OT).

Against the Texans they had 502 yards but scored 30 points (including OT)

Chief fan can correct me but it seems like this sort of thing oddly happens a lot with the Chiefs.

Long sustained drives in all games, multiple turnovers in two, missed FG/penalties to crush drives against Tenn.

None of those really should have been close. And yet, the last two were very close

I think this is a representation of the NFL. This is why we’re seeing ridiculous leads disappear. There’s a reason why Belechick has won 6 SB as HC and 2 as DC with the Giants. Situational football, utilizing the clock properly to shorten games by running the football effectively. Less turnovers and less negative results with a ground game.
We’re seeing more ignorance now than ever before. Chargers blow a 27pt 2nd half lead and they got the ball to open the 2nd half?
I think the Bills mentality is to ignore the clock and score. They sure play like that.
9ers are playing a little bit above this mentality but its not like their HC hasn’t choked away big leads late in the biggest game. You think people would have learned from the 28-3 choke job?
If the 9ers have a couple things fall in place like Philly & KC losing prior to playing them, they’ll sleep walk to a SB title. Purdy at Philadelphia will be challenging, and Purdy vs Spags history of devising a defense to beat a rookie QB especially are the road blocks.

That so fucked up. I just browsed at props cause I been busy this week but McKinnon amd engram over rec yards at 1st glance seemed kinda low. Gonna try to get some stuff done here in a little bit.

McKinnon seems to be a big target when they need him.

Chargers here would make this game one to watch. Refs chasing Bosa around begging for flags robbed us of what could be a classic. I’d rather watch G league than this game.

Chargers here would make this game one to watch. Refs chasing Bosa around begging for flags robbed us of what could be a classic. I’d rather watch G league than this game.
Let‘s focus on finding some winning wagers for this game. I bet that‘d be a good antidote for your saltiness over losing your Chargers‘ bet. Any ideas?

Don’t like that I missed the 8.5 to lease to 2.5. 3.5 on a 6 pointer is silly.

Same, Mfers kinda went backwards, used to be they teaser protected early in week, I didht really think there was a chance it ticked up today, suxks. Debating kc 1st half instead?

Same, Mfers kinda went backwards, used to be they teaser protected early in week, I didht really think there was a chance it ticked up today, suxks. Debating kc 1st half instead?
Jags have often been terrible starters. Obviously the Chargers game but remember also the Jets game started with a turnover.

I think the Jags are even worse in the first quarter. Often times they start to find their way in the 2q. Points/quarter offense and defense rankings provide evidence. They are slow starters.

Like “hair” over 16-1/2 Rush yds at -105 (at BM). Looking back at opposing QB’s rush yards against KC, they don’t mind giving up some yards - got to go back to October until you find an opposing QB that didn’t hit this number (except Geno who ran for 16). Chris Jones will get a lot of pressure up the middle on this o-line which should get TL off his spot and I think he should find some running room.

I think Jags could compete, but I’m betting Pederson makes some extremely aggressive play calls that come back and bite him in the ass and put them in a hole this game. He looks like a genius when they work but I think his luck is about to run out.

Back