• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Chiefs vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget brother those Chargers and Pats games were played after Cowboys, Chiefs and Eagles ...
Seemed to be coast spots ...

I'm McDermott's biggest detractor when it comes to playing down to the competition thou .
idn about his other years ; but since i've started capping nfl 3 years ago all buffalo did was just cream bad teams at home like a bully.....it was like they just got off on beating a team to death and kept scoring in the 4th quarter......bills at home as a big fav was an auto

and then this year it just stopped after the raider game

idn about his other years ; but since i've started capping nfl 3 years ago all buffalo did was just cream bad teams at home like a bully.....it was like they just got off on beating a team to death and kept scoring in the 4th quarter......bills at home as a big fav was an auto

and then this year it just stopped after the raider game

Spot on Brother

Truly believe it's the McDermott way ...Since he's taken over the defense he stops brining the heat once they have a one score lead ..You'll notice the safeties get deeper and deeper as well as the cushions on the outside....Pisses me off to no end .

Pacheco carries
Kelce catches and yards

Someone of the MVS/Hardman/Watson trio is going to hit easily. Just don’t know who. Lean Hardman and MVS.

Have the Chiefs at 3 and ML.

Respect Lex’s cap of the game but idc who plays or doesn’t play on D, this game is on Josh Allen. We are going to score points. Just a matter of which Josh Allen shows up in the big moments.

Gl to all.

That loss by Buffalo was historical because they had 15 more rushing attempts than KC. When home teams finish with 15 or more rushing attempts than their opponent in divisional games they were 76-0 until last night. The Chiefs finished with 24 rushes and Buffalo had 39 but lost. New record is now 76-1.

I am baffled at what Buff did with its last possession. They go down the field methodically and apparently more interested in burning the rest of the game clock than scoring right away. Then they get into long FG range and chuck long passes to the endzone twice. WTF?? Even if they connect on one of those passes they are leaving KC with two minutes and a couple TO’s. Why not try to continue to burn clock or make KC use its time outs and - worst case - get into better FG range? They should’ve been trying to pick up another First down not score a damn touchdown at that point. They had already committed to one last drive. So very stupid.

I am baffled at what Buff did with its last possession. They go down the field methodically and apparently more interested in burning the rest of the game clock than scoring right away. Then they get into long FG range and chuck long passes to the endzone twice. WTF?? Even if they connect on one of those passes they are leaving KC with two minutes and a couple TO’s. Why not try to continue to burn clock or make KC use its time outs and - worst case - get into better FG range? They should’ve been trying to pick up another First down not score a damn touchdown at that point. They had already committed to one last drive. So very stupid.

Just a microcosm of Mcdummy as a hc ...
Why not just keep dinking and dunking ??
If they eventually score a td , take a 4 point lead KC might have had 35 seconds left ...

I expect the BILLS to choke, seen it first hand for 5 decades of football

Just a microcosm of Mcdummy as a hc ...
Why not just keep dinking and dunking ??
If they eventually score a td , take a 4 point lead KC might have had 35 seconds left ...

I expect the BILLS to choke, seen it first hand for 5 decades of football

It wasn't the play calls, and McD isn't calling plays anyway.

Josh decided to go for the hero throws as opposed to taking what was given to them and picking up a first down.

McD deserves A TON of blame for not being able to get the Bills over the hurdle, but that last drive isn't on him in the least bit.

Playing for one last drive has not worked out too well for teams lately. I agree with the approach more when you’re only down 3 pts, like the bills were yesterday. But if that’s the approach, you have to stick with it. And you have to let the QB know what the plan is.

Not to mention if Josh takes a sack in that situation, they’re probably out of FG range completely. Just horrible play calls on that last sequence.

Playing for one last drive has not worked out too well for teams lately. I agree with the approach more when you’re only down 3 pts, like the bills were yesterday. But if that’s the approach, you have to stick with it. And you have to let the QB know what the plan is.

Josh would have known what the plan was. He just really, really likes to play hero ball. He can't flex and do live emojis if he's not the hero.

If I'm the Bills, I let Hyde, Floyd & Gabe Davis all leave in FA & I release Poyer, Von Miller & do my best to restructure White's contract He's 29 coming off an other major injury, so they might even have to consider letting him go to. I use the entire draft on defense & sign a big bodied FA receiver (Evans or Pittman) to pair with Diggs & Shakir. Doubt there's any chance they go after any of the elite coaching alternatives out there though.

Josh decided to go for the hero throws as opposed to taking what was given to them and picking up a first down.

McD deserves A TON of blame for not being able to get the Bills over the hurdle, but that last drive isn't on him in the least bit.
@VirginiaCavs

Elway would either have made the underneath throw or thrown a good ball on the TD attempt.

Allen is a microcosm of the whole team ... very, very, very, very, very good but don't have the "it" factor.

If I'm the Bills, I let Hyde, Floyd & Gabe Davis all leave in FA & I release Poyer, Von Miller & do my best to restructure White's contract He's 29 coming off an other major injury, so they might even have to consider letting him go to. I use the entire draft on defense & sign a big bodied FA receiver (Evans or Pittman) to pair with Diggs & Shakir. Doubt there's any chance they go after any of the elite coaching alternatives out there though.

They can't just release Poyer and Miller based on their contracts. I mean they CAN release them if they'd like, but they're still going to have a huge cap number for both of them so it doesn't make much sense to do so.

IMO yesterday's loss isn't on Josh at all. There were 3-4 losses in the regular season that were, but yesterday wasn't one of them. Missed fg's, a fake punt, a drop by Diggs & missing a half dozen defensive starters were among the primary reasons for yesterday's defeat. Not to mention the Chiefs played a pretty good game themselves.

They can't just release Poyer and Miller based on their contracts. I mean they CAN release them if they'd like, but they're still going to have a huge cap number for both of them so it doesn't make much sense to do so.
Yeah, Miler's contract is a killer next year ($32 million). They have an out in 2025 that will only cost them $15 million. However, Poyer's dead cap hiy is only $2 million next year.

IMO yesterday's loss isn't on Josh at all. There were 3-4 losses in the regular season that were, but yesterday wasn't one of them. Missed fg's, a fake punt, a drop by Diggs & missing a half dozen defensive starters were among the primary reasons for yesterday's defeat. Not to mention the Chiefs played a pretty good game themselves.

With ALL of that said, Josh made 2 throws with the game on the line that were inexcusable on top of being very poorly executed.

That stuff you listed happens in almost every game, those are things you need to overcome in order to win big games. When you have a chance to do that, even with all of that happening, you need your star QB to execute. At the very least, you need him to use his fucking head and make the easier/better throw in a crucial spot.

You (not you particularly, just the general "you") can't give the QB all of the glory when they win and then expect to also absolve him when they lose. There's way too much of this "heads I win, tails you lose" mentality these days.

Yeah, Miler's contract is a killer next year ($32 million). They have an out in 2025 that will only cost them $15 million. However, Poyer's dead cap hiy is only $2 million next year.

Okay, so they can release Poyer if they'd like. Miller isn't and can't possibly be released with that contract as it won't do anything at all in the grand scheme of things.

I wouldn't anticipate them releasing Poyer based on his history here, the fact he's still a good safety in this league, and the fact that they would end up having to pay a replacement nearly as much, if not more than they're paying him if they're trying to upgrade the position be releasing him. They very well could release him, but if I were betting on it I would say he's still here next year.

I thought the endzone throw that was short was a mistake in real time, but his foot was stepped on as he was throwing, so I'm giving him a pass on that. I blamed Allen for blowing games numerous times this season, but I really don't believe he was the problem at all yesterday. You're correct about needing to overcome things in every playoff game, but 6 defensive starters is extreme.

Okay, so they can release Poyer if they'd like. Miller isn't and can't possibly be released with that contract as it won't do anything at all in the grand scheme of things.

I wouldn't anticipate them releasing Poyer based on his history here, the fact he's still a good safety in this league, and the fact that they would end up having to pay a replacement nearly as much, if not more than they're paying him if they're trying to upgrade the position be releasing him. They very well could release him, but if I were betting on it I would say he's still here next year.
I disagree that Poyer is still a good safety. I think he's dropped to mediocre at this point & he'll be 34 before next season starts.

I thought the endzone throw that was short was a mistake in real time, but his foot was stepped on as he was throwing, so I'm giving him a pass on that. I blamed Allen for blowing games numerous times this season, but I really don't believe he was the problem at all yesterday. You're correct about needing to overcome things in every playoff game, but 6 defensive starters is extreme.

The decision itself, to throw into the EZ there when you had Diggs WIDE open underneath (which would have given them an easy first down, allowing the clock to continue ticking and making KC have to start using TOs), was the mistake. The throw wasn't great but if you say his foot was stepped on so be it...but again we go back to Josh is superman and can do things that no one else can to when things work, but once they don't we don't want to blame Josh, we want to find excuses for him.

Out of curiosity, which games did Allen blow this year?

The Bills were also down 3 defensive starters yesterday, not 6.

None of those 3 were on the defensive line, which essentially no showed the entire game.

The decision itself, to throw into the EZ there when you had Diggs WIDE open underneath (which would have given them an easy first down, allowing the clock to continue ticking and making KC have to start using TOs), was the mistake. The throw wasn't great but if you say his foot was stepped on so be it...but again we go back to Josh is superman and can do things that no one else can to when things work, but once they don't we don't want to blame Josh, we want to find excuses for him.

Out of curiosity, which games did Allen blow this year?
Just a quick comment on that throw .. it wasn’t “hero ball” that’s a throw that’s completed 95% percent of the time If he isn’t stepped on . Definitely not hero ball in that instance

Just a quick comment on that throw .. it wasn’t “hero ball” that’s a throw that’s completed 95% percent of the time If he isn’t stepped on . Definitely not hero ball in that instance

Here's the play. I'm sorry I don't see him getting stepped on. I see him about to get bumped buy his own OL getting pushed back into him, but I don't see anyone stepping on his foot at all. It's admittedly not a slow mo replay with a focus on his legs, so maybe he did...do you have anything where you saw him get stepped on?

And again, it's the decision to make that throw as opposed to the wide open underneath throw (which is better for them given the time left and situation) that makes it the "hero play" as opposed to the smart, great head on his shoulders, in the MVP discussion QB throw.

Michael Thomas?

Josh loves trying to be the hero when all he needs to do is check it down to wide open targets ..This happened far too in several of their almost unfathomable losses this season ( Broncos , Pats , Jets )

I'm talking about McDermott's horrible defensive schemes that brought zero pressure ...Sure injuries hamstrung them some ...But where were the Corner and or safety Blitzes ???
Why didn't the d line run more stunts ?

Josh loves trying to be the hero when all he needs to do is check it down to wide open targets ..This happened far too in several of their almost unfathomable losses this season ( Broncos , Pats , Jets )

I'm talking about McDermott's horrible defensive schemes that brought zero pressure ...Sure injuries hamstrung them some ...But where were the Corner and or safety Blitzes ???
Why didn't the d line run more stunts ?

I think you have to blame the DL for that as players. They didn’t do squat yesterday. I’ve been on the “McDermott is a horrible coach” long before most but players have to perform at some point.

2&9 he hits Diggs it's a first down at the 16 - Diggs may have gone out of bounds in the process. But at worst a fresh set of downs at 16 with 1:50 left.

3&9 Kincaid comes up at the 22, Allen is looking right at him. If he throws it on the break, Kincaid has as chance to get up field and maybe get the first down, though I doubt it. Still 4th and 3 or so, gives you the option to go for it or at least try to draw them offsides. But it also moves the ball from the right hash to closer or on the left hash. That would made a difference on the FG as the wind was blowing left to right, also would have been closer.

I have thought for awhile that Allen is this generations Peyton Manning. Manning had to deal with Brady and Belichick - Allen, Mahomes and Reid. I figured Allen will get a couple in down years for the Chiefs. Now I am wondering if Allen is this generations Phillip Rivers.

I hate this for Bills fans, this team is about as bad as the Red Sox in baseball with finding new and creative ways to torture the fan base.

It would be tough to run a guy who has won 4 straight division titles, but feel like Harbaugh would them over the hump.

2&9 he hits Diggs it's a first down at the 16 - Diggs may have gone out of bounds in the process. But at worst a fresh set of downs at 16 with 1:50 left.

3&9 Kincaid comes up at the 22, Allen is looking right at him. If he throws it on the break, Kincaid has as chance to get up field and maybe get the first down, though I doubt it. Still 4th and 3 or so, gives you the option to go for it or at least try to draw them offsides. But it also moves the ball from the right hash to closer or on the left hash. That would made a difference on the FG as the wind was blowing left to right, also would have been closer.

I have thought for awhile that Allen is this generations Peyton Manning. Manning had to deal with Brady and Belichick - Allen, Mahomes and Reid. I figured Allen will get a couple in down years for the Chiefs. Now I am wondering if Allen is this generations Phillip Rivers.

I hate this for Bills fans, this team is about as bad as the Red Sox in baseball with finding new and creative ways to torture the fan base.

It would be tough to run a guy who has won 4 straight division titles, but feel like Harbaugh would them over the hump.
To your last point.

I said in a group chat late last night that hiring JH would make this team a champion within 2 years.

Yes, I understand the cap issues. I also understand the base they have.

Jim and Josh would thrive together in my opinion.

Here's the play. I'm sorry I don't see him getting stepped on. I see him about to get bumped buy his own OL getting pushed back into him, but I don't see anyone stepping on his foot at all. It's admittedly not a slow mo replay with a focus on his legs, so maybe he did...do you have anything where you saw him get stepped on?

And again, it's the decision to make that throw as opposed to the wide open underneath throw (which is better for them given the time left and situation) that makes it the "hero play" as opposed to the smart, great head on his shoulders, in the MVP discussion QB throw.

There is some better angles out there for sure. His throw is obviously effected , it’s an easy throw if he isn’t stepped on . Not a hill I need to die on , It’s just odd Josh Allen hate IMO . You take a TD there 10 times out of 10. You don’t play to run the clock out when you are at the the 30 and down 3.

Still so young ...Next year this team gets younger and faster at safety and a few other spots . ..
Can't get much worse than losing your stud coverage LB Milano , and then his replacement Young fast coverage Bernard right before you play KC ..

I've wanted Mcdummy gone since before 13 seconds...Harbaugh would bring 2+ sb I the next 4 years imo

Last edited:

There is some better angles out there for sure. His throw is obviously effected , it’s an easy throw if he isn’t stepped on . Not a hill I need to die on , It’s just odd Josh Allen hate IMO . You take a TD there 10 times out of 10. You don’t play to run the clock out when you are at the the 30 and down 3.

I don’t agree you take the TD there for sure. Ideally you chew more clock and don’t allow KC a good chance to come down and score.

If you don’t end up scoring, but still chewing the clock, you have a much shorter FG and can go to OT.

It’s a risk/reward thing for sure, and there are definitely different ways to look at it. I just think in the *ideal* scenario you run down the clock as much as possible and score the TD. When you have a really good chance to perform the ideal scenario you go that route.

The Bills were also down 3 defensive starters yesterday, not 6.

None of those 3 were on the defensive line, which essentially no showed the entire game.
I was taking the word of a poster on another forum for that, so I was probably mistaken. The poster was probably counting Milano & White even though they'd been out for months. As for your question about which losses I'd blame on him, I would definitely say the NYJ & Denver games. The other game I was thinking about was actually a win against the NYG on a Sunday night, where they pulled it out, but he played poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back