Lions vs. 49ers Discussion Thread

For some reason our team in the ticker depends on what jersey we have on to this point ...
He wanted to tell your son that people are selling a really good 95 Calvin Ridley card very cheap for some reason .

Interesting. We just got to 90. But I sold out and spent like $30. I'll take a look for the Ridley.

Interesting. We just got to 90. But I sold out and spent like $30. I'll take a look for the Ridley.

He keeps asking me to spend like 30-50 , I'll not a problem but the packs he wants only contain a 91+ , 16% of the time....Seems like a waste since his team is 91-95 across the board already ...
What do I know thou lol

He keeps asking me to spend like 30-50 , I'll not a problem but the packs he wants only contain a 91+ , 16% of the time....Seems like a waste since his team is 91-95 across the board already ...
What do I know thou lol

Yeah the packs really aren't worth it at all. You end up getting 91 guys who aren't better than your other starters.

Yeah the packs really aren't worth it at all. You end up getting 91 guys who aren't better than your other starters.

Sure doesn't sound like it....

I'm amazed that your son at 7 was able to get such a good team ..
No way could my son or I get a team of 90 at his/my age ...

These games are so complex now, at least I can still crush my kids in Tecmo Bowl , and Super Mario Bros lol

Sure doesn't sound like it....

I'm amazed that your son at 7 was able to get such a good team ..
No way could my son or I get a team of 90 at his/my age ...

These games are so complex now, at least I can still crush my kids in Tecmo Bowl , and Super Mario Bros lol

It helped that we didn’t start right away. He had a shit ton of packs waiting for him to open because we bought the $100 version. And just doing solo battles he was able to level up and get the 93 Gronk, 92 Montana, etc.

Well boys it’s going to be 72 and sunny.

Brock one time MVP is the highest rated QB in history if you toss out a few duds in the rain. The best deep ball thrower in the league this year (NOT counting YAC, but balls that travel over 20 yards in the air), and it looks like he will have all his weapons at his disposal. Capping 9er games is as easy as looking at the weather and looking at their team health. Completely different in the rain, without Debo, and without their leader on the dline in Armstead.

The talk from the 9ers defense wasn’t disrespectful about Goff, but it was one that sounded like they have the script and they know how to bother him. He played one top defense this season and got murdered by the Ravens. Also an outdoor grass stadium.

Last week for me was shocking and they shouldn’t be playing this week. If they can’t dominate this Cinderella, they have no business being in the SB to begin with.

It helped that we didn’t start right away. He had a shit ton of packs waiting for him to open because we bought the $100 version. And just doing solo battles he was able to level up and get the 93 Gronk, 92 Montana, etc.

Next year we'll buy the $100 version.
My dude probably spent 40 hours a week playing solo battles and challenges to get to 92-95
That Montana Card is sweet , that's our qb now ...
The concept of the game is so cool , the game play online drives me crazy at times though....

Can't wait for the NCAAFB game to finally come back next year...I'll be trying to get University at Buffalo into the big10 and the playoff..lol

Last edited:
Next year we'll buy the $100 version.
My dude probably spent 40 hours a week playing solo battles and challenged to get to 92-95
That Montana Card is sweet , that's out qb now ...
The concept of the game is so cool , the game play online drives me crazy at times though....

Can't wait for the NCAAFB game to finally come back next year...I'll be trying to get University at Buffalo into the big10 and the playoff..lol

Online gameplay has been ruined for almost 20 years. Peaked in 06 07 on PS2. Mechanics were so fluid then. I HATE the 4 button catch mechanics. I miss user catching and jumping to time the routes.

I was unstoppable I think maybe 08 using the Lions with Kitna Calvin and Williams. They had a solid TE too and a fast back. Knocked off a couple top 100s. If you could time the deep ball it was almost unstoppable. But it was skill based. Now is all cheese routes and bs.

Online gameplay has been ruined for almost 20 years. Peaked in 06 07 on PS2. Mechanics were so fluid then. I HATE the 4 button catch mechanics. I miss user catching and jumping to time the routes.

I was unstoppable I think maybe 08 using the Lions with Kitna Calvin and Williams. They had a solid TE too and a fast back. Knocked off a couple top 100s. If you could time the deep ball it was almost unstoppable. But it was skill based. Now is all cheese routes and bs.

Spot on , peaked around 06/07/08 ...Definitely was skill based back then...Those Lions teams were very fun to play with , but not against. Someone like you who had skills with Calvin probably killed my shitty BILLS.

Was in a 32 team pay league during covid , learned a bunch,, SUCKS that there are almost unstoppable plays ...Even when totally covered the wr still makes the diving catch...The BS wr screens out of RPO are annoying AF LOL

Good luck to @B.A.R and @HUNT and all Lions fans today. You guys put your time in. Good luck.

Thanks bro. Been a long suffering 30+ years. Actually 60+ for a lot of people. This is just the beginning hopefully. Expect Detroit to be around for awhile. Lot of good young players with a great GM.

Bust some knee caps. Let's fucking go.

Spot on , peaked around 06/07/08 ...Definitely was skill based back then...Those Lions teams were very fun to play with , but not against. Someone like you who had skills with Calvin probably killed my shitty BILLS.

Was in a 32 team pay league during covid , learned a bunch,, SUCKS that there are almost unstoppable plays ...Even when totally covered the wr still makes the diving catch...The BS wr screens out of RPO are annoying AF LOL

I preferred NCAA. Man when I got that game with the PS2 ethernet mod - insane times. That game also went downhill after the ps2 gen - it sucked on 360 and ps3.

Calvin was unstoppable on GT. I loved using the Brad Smith Mizzou. Braylon for UM was unstoppable. Online H2H was just fun with the rankings, the chat rooms, etc. Now they purposely hurt the online h2h lobby/experience to force you to play MUT.

I preferred NCAA. Man when I got that game with the PS2 ethernet mod - insane times. That game also went downhill after the ps2 gen - it sucked on 360 and ps3.

Calvin was unstoppable on GT. I loved using the Brad Smith Mizzou. Braylon for UM was unstoppable. Online H2H was just fun with the rankings, the chat rooms, etc. Now they purposely hurt the online h2h lobby/experience to force you to play MUT.

It's coming back this summer.

It's coming back this summer.

If it’s borrowed anything from Madden last 15 years it will stink. I thought 13 14 were pretty bad. Gameplay used to be so side open. I’m hopeful but not expecting much. If the game is great and gameplay is better than Madden no one will play MUT and that’s their cash cow.

If it’s borrowed anything from Madden last 15 years it will stink. I thought 13 14 were pretty bad. Gameplay used to be so side open. I’m hopeful but not expecting much. If the game is great and gameplay is better than Madden no one will play MUT and that’s their cash cow.

It's a separate engine from what I've read. Who knows.

Need I say more about Jared Goof? But have to admit the Lions Wr’s suddenly didn’t know how to catch a pass but they did know how to say, My bad. That’s what losing teams do not to mention how horrific Campbell is as a game manager. This team will never get to the promised land with the current QB & HC. PERIOD

Need I say more about Jared Goof? But have to admit the Lions Wr’s suddenly didn’t know how to catch a pass but they did know how to say, My bad. That’s what losing teams do not to mention how horrific Campbell is as a game manager. This team will never get to the promised land with the current QB & HC. PERIOD

Goff can’t catch for his wideouts but he missed a couple big throws.

That HC without an elite OC. Damn.

Thought Goff played great. Not sure how they ever get this close again unless someone makes in game decisions for mcdc.
It sucks to say it but I think he cost them the game. Coach that is. I’m sure BAR and the Michigan guys have their takes also, but I agree with you.

As the game played out and SF pulled off the improbably comeback win, I was reminded of Ted Lasso

"It's the hope that kills you".

Feel bad for Lions players and fans.

I have a real problem with what Campbell did with respect to the decision to not kick on 4th and 2 at the niners 28 yard line with 7 minutes to go in the third and a 14 point lead. I think that opened the door and my problem with it is this:

To end the first half the lions had 4th and goal from the 3. While slightly harder to make than a 4th and 2 with more field, success would mean a certain TD vs success on the 4th and 2 from the 28 does not ensure a TD. I realize the kick is more difficult too and the advantage of additional clock running off if you succeed but if the three score lead was enough by halftime, it should have been enough with half the third quarter gone too. That's just me though. I typically think that coaches don't go for it anywhere near enough and applaud Campbell in general but I think that was poor choice in relation to his prior choice.

As the game played out and SF pulled off the improbably comeback win, I was reminded of Ted Lasso

"It's the hope that kills you".

Feel bad for Lions players and fans.

I have a real problem with what Campbell did with respect to the decision to not kick on 4th and 2 at the niners 28 yard line with 7 minutes to go in the third and a 14 point lead. I think that opened the door and my problem with it is this:

To end the first half the lions had 4th and goal from the 3. While slightly harder to make than a 4th and 2 with more field, success would mean a certain TD vs success on the 4th and 2 from the 28 does not ensure a TD. I realize the kick is more difficult too and the advantage of additional clock running off if you succeed but if the three score lead was enough by halftime, it should have been enough with half the third quarter gone too. That's just me though. I typically think that coaches don't go for it anywhere near enough and applaud Campbell in general but I think that was poor choice in relation to his prior choice.
You can't totally change your stripes just because it's the playoffs.

The Detroit kicker over 40 yards is suspect.

Now, I said in the 2h they needed to keep scoring by any means. A FG attempt in the 3rd would not have upset myself. I understand why he went for it though. The play before they ran ASB from the gun, which was odd. Domino effect.

In the 4th quarter, with 7-8 minutes to go I'd rather he kick the FG. Why? Time. You simply have to keep yourself within one score at a time like that. Yes, that was only a bit closer but in that situation I feel you have to kick it.

Campbell's biggest mistake in this game (the team in general) was both running the ball on 3rd and goal and using the timeout afterwards. Onside kicks in the NFL are darn near pointless. The minute they wasted the 1st timeout before 4th and goal they basically ended the game.

Two last points....

1.) Back to the timeout. I'm sick and tired of watching teams use timeouts in the 2h of games they are trailing. We saw this cost the Rams vs these lions 2 weeks prior.

Simply put, you cannot EVER use a timeout in the 2h of a game you are trailing until less than 3-4 mins left (and, on defense to force a punt).

2.) If you read my sloppy thread before the game, I was so freaking prophetic... :(

Screenshot_20240201-203318.png

The curse wasn't lifted. Plain and simple. Unreal breaks for niners and they took advantage. Helmet catches bro.

Well with Ben back Lions are a top team in NFC for sure. Should be in the run for the bye.

Hope so. That second half was what I've been watching for 30+years. The Lions are notorious for finding ways to lose. Kind of puts me back in the pessimistic category.

Hope so. That second half was what I've been watching for 30+years. The Lions are notorious for finding ways to lose. Kind of puts me back in the pessimistic category.

Yeah that was a fluke catch and an awful timed fumble. 2-3 score swing.

I'm still over this one. Not sure if I will get over it unless Lion's win SB at some point in next few years. Never felt this way about any loss except when I was a young kid I remember locking myself in my room for the weekend after Kordell Stewart threw the hail mary against Michigan. Not sure why that loss sticks in my memory.

Maybe it will change next week but so far I haven't been interested at all with anything related to Superbowl.

I'm still over this one. Not sure if I will get over it unless Lion's win SB at some point in next few years. Never felt this way about any loss except when I was a young kid I remember locking myself in my room for the weekend after Kordell Stewart threw the hail mary against Michigan. Not sure why that loss sticks in my memory.

Maybe it will change next week but so far I haven't been interested at all with anything related to Superbowl.
Highly encourage to never watch even one second of a replay. Ever.

I've still not seen any kind of replay from the Cards/Steez Super Bowl and am not interested in it.

Yeah that was a fluke catch and an awful timed fumble. 2-3 score swing.
should of been an interception.....fumble yes, also 4th down drop hit his hands when should of kicked a fg, and also another huge 3rd down drop in bread basket to lead to a punt

......i don't think the lions played all that bad 2nd half and that's the kick in the nuts if your a lions fan; it really was some voodo the likes you don't really see

but it did come a point in time where they just needed to make a stop at the end and they gave up a touchdown, that was crucial.......i think another play where they could of tackled the guy on 3rd down few yards short and just missed the tackle that drive

you know i'd have to go back and look at the atlanta patriots comeback; but i don't recall the fortune in that one like this one......moreso patriots just started dominating

should of been an interception.....fumble yes, also 4th down drop hit his hands when should of kicked a fg, and also another huge 3rd down drop in bread basket to lead to a punt

......i don't think the lions played all that bad 2nd half and that's the kick in the nuts if your a lions fan; it really was some voodo the likes you don't really see

but it did come a point in time where they just needed to make a stop at the end and they gave up a touchdown, that was crucial.......i think another play where they could of tackled the guy on 3rd down few yards short and just missed the tackle that drive
Yeah, they really didn't play that bad at all.

They got away from the run a bit, but that's what they tend to do in 2hs. We capped that.

Just some crazy crazy circumstances.

The interception into a catch

Multiple drops

The would be sack that turned into a first down run

We can go on and on.

The part that hurts, is that wasn't a fluke to be up on SF in their house. They are as good if not slightly better than the Niners. I didn't totally believe that going in. They made me believe.

SF capitalized on the mistakes and breaks though, and that's ultimately what won the game.

The Gibbs fumble, that was such an out of character play call there to be honest. That was a 'we feel momentum' is going the other way, let's try and slowly reverse this back.

Anyways, that's why sports is sports.

Back