Chiefs vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taking the word of a poster on another forum for that, so I was probably mistaken. The poster was probably counting Milano & White even though they'd been out for months. As for your question about which losses I'd blame on him, I would definitely say the NYJ & Denver games. The other game I was thinking about was actually a win against the NYG on a Sunday night, where they pulled it out, but he played poorly.

The Denver game was the one where coaching (and the players on special teams) let them down with the 12 men on the field penalty leading to another attempt at a FG? They had that game won.

The Jets game, yes he made some horrible throws...that was the first game of the year but I agree.

So he "cost" them one game this year. if we want to say that. I'd also say that the defense in the Jets game allowed ZACH WILSON to beat them after Rodgers went down and the Jets themselves had to be stunned at the developments. But if we want to blame Josh for that loss...sure, he did throw THREE picks that game and they didn't do enough to win. I'm not going to argue too much that he's to blame.

I'm not, by any means at all, a big Josh Allen supporter so I'm not discussing this out of fandom. I just didn't see where Josh "cost his team multiple games" this year and it turns out he didn't, outside of the first game of the year vs. the Jets on the road. And then, of course, his decision making (imo) at the end of the game they just lost against the Chiefs. But that Chiefs game is not solely on Allen, as most losses can't possibly be on one guy in a sport like football.

The Denver game was the one where coaching (and the players on special teams) let them down with the 12 men on the field penalty leading to another attempt at a FG? They had that game won.

The Jets game, yes he made some horrible throws...that was the first game of the year but I agree.

So he "cost" them one game this year. if we want to say that. I'd also say that the defense in the Jets game allowed ZACH WILSON to beat them after Rodgers went down and the Jets themselves had to be stunned at the developments. But if we want to blame Josh for that loss...sure, he did throw THREE picks that game and they didn't do enough to win. I'm not going to argue too much that he's to blame.

I'm not, by any means at all, a big Josh Allen supporter so I'm not discussing this out of fandom. I just didn't see where Josh "cost his team multiple games" this year and it turns out he didn't, outside of the first game of the year vs. the Jets on the road. And then, of course, his decision making (imo) at the end of the game they just lost against the Chiefs. But that Chiefs game is not solely on Allen, as most losses can't possibly be on one guy in a sport like football.
True, but he made a number of plays, or didn't make a number of plays in that Denver game which would have made the 12 men on the field situation moot. Just for the record, I am a Josh Allen fan & I think he showed a lot of progress during the last 6-7 games of the season with regard to the "hero" ball narrative attributed to him. Hopefully, that continues next year.

Absolutely love Josh Allen , easily in the top 5 Bills of all time with plenty of fantastic times on the horizon...

However, I watch each game over around 15-20 times on all 22. Not putting sole blame on him for the Broncos, Pats and Jets losses , but he tends to play hero ball against "weaker" foes. Instead of taking the simple short throws and check downs to wide open targets , he'd rather throw the difficult pass 30+ yards down the field...While I'm a fan of the gunslinger mentality, it plays a major factor in these losses ...

@Capaholic coming out of my bunker to say congrats. What a game KC was the better team once again.

I'm still not well from this one. Was in the ez right where Josh ran 2x Shakir td, touchback. Kelce jumping out was classic he was out at halftime too.

Props to Mahomes & co Kelce so wide open it's insane 2ndh I knew we were in trouble.

To me the fg was probably the easiest way to get let down. There was zero doubt in my mind Mahomes would have marched them right down to score again if that fg was good.

d line pulled a no show. Floyd was a bum. Daquan a bum after a bullish start to the year.

Rasul said he could have played vs PITT but was clearly injured. When he tried to chase down Mahomes it was evident he was compromised. Did not expect that.

fake punt to Damar I don't even know what to say. At least I can laugh about that some real quality memes from that one. Can he please retire now

Allen deserves some blame for not taking the underneath pass I guess but he makes that td throw 8 of 10 times if it's there you take the shot.

Cook can't be trusted to make a catch in the clutch. 1 yd 1std runs over and over so dumb. I'm not that enamored with Brady.

Diggs 2ndh season disappearing act was truly something to behold. Allen throws an absolute dime and Diggs drops it. He was getting crushed but you make that catch.

Shakir will be good but he's a 3. Bills still don't have a trustworthy #2 and I just don't think Kincaid is enough to fill that void.

McDermott gone is the only way they get over the hump but it has zero chance of happening these fucks are all in it together. He actually said I still believe in this team after the game. It's over dude team is done stfu with your positivity bullshit.

We have a generational talent at QB the best Buffalo has ever had and they are squandering it with a mediocre coaching staff.

Beane gonna have to work magic because the whole D-line is gone, Hyde done, have to pay Miller a fortune, Tre a fortune (there's a chance he's washed as well). Might as well surrender to the fact that you'll need to avg. more ppg because this defense is going to look totally different.

@Capaholic coming out of my bunker to say congrats. What a game KC was the better team once again.

I'm still not well from this one. Was in the ez right where Josh ran 2x Shakir td, touchback. Kelce jumping out was classic he was out at halftime too.

Props to Mahomes & co Kelce so wide open it's insane 2ndh I knew we were in trouble.

To me the fg was probably the easiest way to get let down. There was zero doubt in my mind Mahomes would have marched them right down to score again if that fg was good.

d line pulled a no show. Floyd was a bum. Daquan a bum after a bullish start to the year.

Rasul said he could have played vs PITT but was clearly injured. When he tried to chase down Mahomes it was evident he was compromised. Did not expect that.

fake punt to Damar I don't even know what to say. At least I can laugh about that some real quality memes from that one. Can he please retire now

Allen deserves some blame for not taking the underneath pass I guess but he makes that td throw 8 of 10 times if it's there you take the shot.

Cook can't be trusted to make a catch in the clutch. 1 yd 1std runs over and over so dumb. I'm not that enamored with Brady.

Diggs 2ndh season disappearing act was truly something to behold. Allen throws an absolute dime and Diggs drops it. He was getting crushed but you make that catch.

Shakir will be good but he's a 3. Bills still don't have a trustworthy #2 and I just don't think Kincaid is enough to fill that void.

McDermott gone is the only way they get over the hump but it has zero chance of happening these fucks are all in it together. He actually said I still believe in this team after the game. It's over dude team is done stfu with your positivity bullshit.

We have a generational talent at QB the best Buffalo has ever had and they are squandering it with a mediocre coaching staff.

Beane gonna have to work magic because the whole D-line is gone, Hyde done, have to pay Miller a fortune, Tre a fortune (there's a chance he's washed as well). Might as well surrender to the fact that you'll need to avg. more ppg because this defense is going to look totally different.

Appreciate the kind words. The fan in me never thought I’d be living in an age such as this. You all are too good to not get one. But Beane needs to hit in Free agency and the draft because a few guys will need to be let go/restructured.

I love to roast Bills Twitter but Josh Allen is a freak athlete and outstanding player. I hope he brings you all one after all these years.

Be well Lex

I'm looking forward to the Chiefs vs. Bills discussion thread after the 2024 season. :cheers3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back