Lions vs. 49ers Discussion Thread

Pass coverage isn’t close as you have to factor in the 9ers HOF linebackers into the equation. Dline hasn’t been playing lights out and that’s a concern because it is the best unit on paper. They rarely mix up their stunts and for whatever reason isn't getting home enough.

I’d be shocked without any weather if Goof can go into Levi and outplay the one time -1000 MVP coming off a dud in the elements.

Lions will have to run the ball to win. And they very well could. Feed the rookie 20 times would be a recipe to win.

Lions have a better offensive line. 9ers probably equal run blocking group with edges at TE and FB in that operation. Lions a better pass protecting unit for sure.

Lions haven’t played outdoors really all season. No weather conditions but in their last 3:

13 points @ Chicago 7 weeks ago. Loss.
6 points @ Baltimore 90 days ago. Lost by 32.
Win 20-6 @ Bucs. Best performance outdoor.

9ers defense the best unit they’ve seen since Baltimore.

Certainly glad this isn’t in Vegas or Dallas or some neutral location.

I agree with some things here and some I don't. Main thing is being able to run the ball.

I think the bucs defense was really good down the stretch and very tough. Detroit played the two hottest teams in NFL and beat them both in playoffs. Hottest offense in rams and hottest defense in bucs. DeMeco Ryans isn't running through that tunnel Sunday to adjust or game plan.

Gooooof - needs to win this game and not hang a 3 spot in the ship to cement that as a t10.

Brock - same boat.

He's been to a super bowl. The hate this guy gets is asinine. He's been excellent. Give the man props. He sealed two victories these past two weeks

Rams game he sealed it on that 3rd down play. Rams never got the ball again.

Past weekend took the lions 90 yards for a td in a touchdown game to seal it.

He's no slouch.

I'm not saying I'm taking Lions but they aren't getting rolled here I don't think. It's a good team. Still need to look at a few things. Don't like the lions kicker outside. He's not even good inside. That could be an issue.

advanced lines have Niners as -1.5 over Ravens and -3 over Chiefs.

It seems like forever since we’ve seen the 49ers team that looked like clear favorites, but they are still in there.

It seems like forever since we’ve seen the 49ers team that looked like clear favorites, but they are still in there.

Yes, sort of head-scratching for sure. Books have loved them all season long regardless of their hiccups. If they can get the ship - would be the first time in awhile where the champ basically goes wire to wire as the prohibitive favorite.

Even more interesting after the ravens beat the niners by dd not even a month ago at their place.

How many you think?

It’s once in a lifetime!!!

@big_units them Whiners selling tix?
yeah these bitches are buying them up. it's a dream of mine every season that whiner fans spend their paychecks on getting good seats to playoff games, then sit and watch them take it up the ass. assholes are driving around with whiner flags hanging out of their windows.
i never buy nfl team gear, but if detroit wins this game, i'm buying a lions shirt.

I think these are the two best teams in the NFC. Very weak conference this year but they are quality

I definitely like the Lions hard to hate what they’ve done. Agree these are the two best after the fall of Philly. Could be the 2 best for some time.

I’m about 10 minutes from Levi Stadium now and it’s teeming here. Supposed to let up with 7% chance of rain Sunday. Projected High 72 and low is 53 for this Sunday.

Even more interesting after the ravens beat the niners by dd not even a month ago at their place.

4 picks, 5 turnovers, 100 yards of penalties.

A complete toss out game for SF mentally. Has to be. They went up and down the field but were a mess after the first bad interception.

But the public will remember that blood bath. Think the books will side with who they preferred all season and risk taking a serious loss with a Balty win getting plus money.

Interesting how the 9ers offense will malfunction when 1 of their core players is out. Deebo went out and the SF offense seemed way off.

That's the thing with the niners. They fall apart if any of their players get 1 iota of an injury on offense.

It should tell you that Purdy can't win a game on his own. He needs every single piece to win.

Interesting how the 9ers offense will malfunction when 1 of their core players is out. Deebo went out and the SF offense seemed way off.

Deebo and CMC is what makes Niners 1 of 1. Also worth noting that Deebo leaving mid game is a lot different since no other player can run those plays and a bunch of game script is gone.

I anticipate Deebo suiting up at least as a decoy this weekend

That's the thing with the niners. They fall apart if any of their players get 1 iota of an injury on offense.

It should tell you that Purdy can't win a game on his own. He needs every single piece to win.

How many QBs can in the playoffs? Probably limited to the number we can count on one hand

It’s baffling why Purdy gets so much hate. The guy has grossly overachieved in his career, was literally the last pick in the draft and is probably the most vanilla dude ever.

And he’s still only 23

I couldn’t help but laugh at Campbells postgame locker room speech. He’s crying while saying, You guys are built for this. It just feels like he’s riding on disbelief that they’re in this spot.
Lastly, how does Goff make the mistake of kneeling on the ball so quickly that he allowed an opportunity for TB with a competent HC to get the ball back? The stupidity behind what happened with both teams is mind boggling. Bowles job is to put his team in the best position to win and he said, why stop the inevitable?

Last edited:
I couldn’t help but laugh at Campbells postgame locker room speech. He’s crying while saying, You guys are built for this. It just feels like he’s riding on disbelief that they’re in this spot.
Lastly, how does Goff make the mistake of kneeling on the ball so quickly that he allowed an opportunity for TB with a competent HC to get the ball back? The stupidity behind what happened with both teams is mind boggling. Bowles job is to put his team in the best position to win and he said, why stop the inevitable?

That clock kneeing with 15 seconds left showed a complete lack of understanding for the moment. Nerves maybe. Bad sign.

I'm pretty sure there was a gentlemen's agreement at the end there with TB not using that last timeout on 1st or 2nd down.

Detroit simply was doing 3 kneel downs. They didn't worry about the clock. If TB uses the timeout right away, as they should after 1D we're talking about something different.

Look at the timing of the 2nd kneel.

Also, if TB uses their timeout right away, you'd see Detroit using a running play or two in order to burn the extra seconds.

In short form -- the decision to end the game was made after the interception. This correlated to each corresponding play and why there was that much time left after 3rd down.

Personal opinion: you never know what happens, so I call that timeout right away and hope to force a FG attempt at 8-12 seconds left. Detroit isn't great on FGs over 40, at all.

Lastly, there was a timeout left. Those on SM saying that was an error are wrong.

That clock kneeing with 15 seconds left showed a complete lack of understanding for the moment. Nerves maybe. Bad sign.
Not at all.

They take different approach if Todd doesn't wave the flag.

The teams were ready to be on field during this. TB conceded.

Hence.

Now, I'd rather not ever leave something like that up for grabs.

Not at all.

They take different approach if Todd doesn't wave the flag.

The teams were ready to be on field during this. TB conceded.

Hence.

Now, I'd rather not ever leave something like that up for grabs.

I was passively watching and saw time left that shouldn’t have been. Good to have the context behind it.

I was passively watching and saw time left that shouldn’t have been. Good to have the context behind it.
Trust me.

As the INT unfolded I immediately started doing math in my head. I told the wife that we might leave a few seconds here.

Basically saying, it's not over.

After the first knee, I was watching the clock tick and was so confused about the timeout factor. Honestly thought I had my math wrong. Then I remembered that NFL coaches are idiots.

Crazy how much the Lions as an opponent raises prices.

SF tickets last week were 250 bucks.

Detroit travels better than any team -- THIS YEAR.

Expect a solid presence.

My mind would be blow if there’s Lions blue in the stands. But I suppose this is a once in a lifetime occasion for many. 9er fans make up half of road games but those are regional fans. No one is traveling from Cali to see them in say Dallas or NYG, but they make up a sizable chunk. I def could see Michigan people traveling for this one.

My mind would be blow if there’s Lions blue in the stands. But I suppose this is a once in a lifetime occasion for many. 9er fans make up half of road games but those are regional fans. No one is traveling from Cali to see them in say Dallas or NYG, but they make up a sizable chunk. I def could see Michigan people traveling for this one.
Lions fans have taken over...

KC
GB
TB
NO
CHI
DAL

This season.

I mean that, in having 10-30% of the seats.

They'll be there in a sizeable amount next Sunday.

My son’s MUT team is always 9ers and somehow got changed to the Lions. He wouldn’t do this nor does he know how to do this. What sort of sick joke is this? I can’t change it back!

Seriously no idea how to change it. Changed the unis and everything and they keep playing in the Lions unis.

@utah what happened?

I had no idea what that meant either but yell I do yell MUT every time I mute the commercials during the games.:biglaugh:

Oh boy. Expect even more calls now so this guy can get his face on screen some more
This is the turd from a handful of years back that led the crew that absolutely cheated Detroit out of a win at GB.

That's the year I quit watching NFL till the playoffs.

Bizarre Sunday's, I'll admit, for a few months.

Make sure Kneecaps has his fake tackle eligible reporting all choreographed correctly this week.......

Back