Chiefs vs. Ravens Discussion Thread

No Pacheco at practice again yesterday. Ankle / toe. Hard to imagine him not playing but he's so big to what the Chiefs do.

On the other side, Mark Andrews expected to go. Was close last weekend and now all signs point to him going.

Still in a postgame haze but this is a really interesting cap.

Can KC stop the run? Will Mark Andrews return?

If the Chiefs get a lead, can the Ravens pass their way back into it. 30+ attempts seems to be the games (minus SF) where Balt was in the most trouble.

Some places dipped to 2.5 briefly. Others I saw 3.5. I have a rooting interest obv but no real initial feel. I think 3 is the right number.
If you want to beat the Ravens you have to get into a street-fight type game. When they're kicking your ass they play their best but if you can get them into a low-scoring dog fight, you have a chance. Look at the home games they lost to Indy and Cleveland this year as examples.

If you want to beat the Ravens you have to get into a street-fight type game. When they're kicking your ass they play their best but if you can get them into a low-scoring dog fight, you have a chance. Look at the home games they lost to Indy and Cleveland this year as examples.
Slowing down LJ’s running opportunities is so key. If he gets going then his confidence seems to help him stomp on opponents. Problem for KC is they’re not good at stopping the run.

Last edited:
Slowing down LJ’s running opportunities is so key. If he gets going then his confidence seems to help him stomp on opponents. Problem for KC is they’re not good at stopping the run.
When he starts running North and South it's over but if you can get him scrambling East and West, then you have a chance.

No Pacheco at practice again yesterday. Ankle / toe. Hard to imagine him not playing but he's so big to what the Chiefs do.

On the other side, Mark Andrews expected to go. Was close last weekend and now all signs point to him going.

And no JET has been and will hurt them here. They don't have that short passing game without a back like him. Neither Pachecho or CEH bring that speed and hands...

Is anyone concerned that Baltimore finished 31st in yards allowed per punt return and gave up a punt return TD last week against the Texans?

WILL JASON KELCE HUG TAYLOR SWIFT AT THE END OF THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IF THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WIN?MONEYLINE
3103Yes +170
3104No -260

I'm Going "YES" For +170

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1705938450706.jpg

Is anyone concerned that Baltimore finished 31st in yards allowed per punt return and gave up a punt return TD last week against the Texans?
Absolutely.

As big of an advantage Tucker is, this is a concern.

STs can easily be the difference.

And I was at the Pitt game too (my avatar is from that game)

Should be fun. Going to rain. I don’t have much rain gear.

Speaking of Tucker, did anyone else notice he finished last in the league in 50+ yard FG's this season?

Had to look them all up, his last regular season attempt was 11/12 against Cleveland. He made one from 53 last week against Houston.

55 yarder blocked against Cleveland
53 yarder hit left upright against Arizona
61 yarder to win the game short against Indy (his only made one was in this game from 50)
59 yarder wide right against Cinci

Think I'd still trust him

Had to look them all up, his last regular season attempt was 11/12 against Cleveland. He made one from 53 last week against Houston.

61 yarder to win the game short against Indy (his only made one was in this game from 50)

:shake:

Speaking of Tucker, did anyone else notice he finished last in the league in 50+ yard FG's this season?

Wow, would not have thought this in a hundred years.

Aubrey's year was insanely good. More so considering his history.

Wow, would not have thought this in a hundred years.

Aubrey's year was insanely good. More so considering his history.
I mean Tucker was 31/32 inside 50 and the fact his last attempt was in mid-November makes sense since that's about when the Ravens just started destroying everyone so stalling at the 35-40 simply wasn't happening

If it comes down to long FG's KC might have the advantage. Butker was 5-5 from 50+ this season.

Only thing the Ravens need to worry about is the ref.

"Shawn Smith is the referee in the Ravens/Chiefs game on Sunday.

This season, home teams are a remarkable 3-12 straight up and 3-10-2 ATS when Smith officiates a game."

Only thing the Ravens need to worry about is the ref.

"Shawn Smith is the referee in the Ravens/Chiefs game on Sunday.

This season, home teams are a remarkable 3-12 straight up and 3-10-2 ATS when Smith officiates a game."
This was on point

I went to a Colts game there about 15-20 yrs ago...awesome environment, sat relatively high...thought I was gonna pass out from exhaustion, damn those stairs are steep
I had a friend go there it’s funny you say that. It’s almost verbatim what he said about the upper level. He said it seemed way way high

sure, you're the one who asked for it
If you'll notice I asked why none of the super bowl teams between 1998-2022 made it onto that list? My whole point was to dis-credit that stat. It had Baltimore almost 6 percentage points higher than the 85 Bears. The Bears won the Super Bowl 46-10 against the Patriots, allowing 7 yards rushing for the entire game. It appears that DVOA statistic does not take into account playoff experience.

This Lamar making questionable decisions in the postseason is really becoming a pattern. Some of his decisions today were just horrible
Coaching staff did him no favors, they shockingly abandoned the run after 1q. Just a really really bizarre game plan from baltimore. I just don't think Lamar is at that level as a pure passer where you want him in known passing situations all game long. Lot of credit to KC defense too, they were incredible

Coaching staff did him no favors, they shockingly abandoned the run after 1q. Just a really really bizarre game plan from baltimore. I just don't think Lamar is at that level as a pure passer where you want him in known passing situations all game long. Lot of credit to KC defense too, they were incredible
The bigger issue is that DVOA statistic. If they had the 2023 Ravens listed as that high than they need a serious re-tooling of their information.

I'm reluctant to pin this one too hard on Lamar. He produced typical Lamar magic to get their TD. The sack fumble ended up not costing them. They are literally a foot from making it 17-14 early in the 4th when Flowers fumbles. Yes Lamar tried to do too much on the interception but by then the clock was a big factor. If it was 17-14 on that drive I don't think he tries to fit one into a triple covered Likely.

Ravens just got stupid at the wrong time. Flowers, Clooney, how does the coaching staff allow 12 on the field with 2:34 left and needing a 3 and out? Then somehow a stiff like MVS made a play late, which pretty much guaranteed it was the Chiefs day.

The bigger issue is that DVOA statistic. If they had the 2023 Ravens listed as that high than they need a serious re-tooling of their information.
I'm not sure what that has to do with my post you replied to... Capaholic brought it up originally in this thread FYI. Do you think the oddsmakers should re-tool their information since they were off on their point spread by 7+ points?

Abandoning the run was crazy nonsense for sure. And yes, in predictable passing situations he’s definitely limited.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post you replied to... Capaholic brought it up originally in this thread FYI. Do you think the oddsmakers should re-tool their information since they were off on their point spread by 7+ points?
It has nothing to do with you rather the statistics that go into this DVOA rating. If the Ravens are going to be rated 6 percentage points higher than the 85 Bears then they should not only be in the Super Bowl, but winning it by 37 points or more, or something very close to that. I have to look into this DVOA thing a little more.

Back