Hulu's CFL 2019

Seth Coate not dressing for Ottawa tonight. Ratio casualty.

Does anyone else feel like 52.5 might be a bit low for 2 teams that can score? Wouldn’t surprise me to see a 33-30 type game here.

Also if both offenses can drive the ball to the opponents 40-45 yard line its pretty MUCH AN AUTOMATIC 3 points with 2 amazing fgoal kickers (MEDLOCK and WARD) although we don't really want to be kicking 3's. We want TDS!

Also side note-- BLUESFEST is starting in Ottawa tonight-- Not sure if that will pull people away from the game and weather may be INCLEMENT. Maybe the younger crowd is at Bluesfest?

HULU I have been a little late to the party this season but I AM NOW FULLY COMMITTTED as well BRO-- I got my serious face On and SHADES on ready to ROLL.

Let's make this a season for the UNIVERSE- A season of NO LIMITS- A Season of ALL POSSIBILITIES- A SEASON to REMEMBER- A season with Spirit

It's time my Syndicate Homies- It's time to take what we EARNED-- Knowledge is $$$$

My boy NORWESTER thinks this game is going to be quite offensive--

I must agree with the OVER in this match--

Its quite warm here, which will tire out pass rushers and defenders-- IT MAY RAIN THOUGH-- I am 10 minutes away from the stadium right now and the skies look dark.

But assuming weather is OK for tonight I really feel this game is as you said a 33-30 special.

Ottawa QB DAVIS has not had enough film on him and the offense seems to be playing well early on this season--

Winnipeg has a good offense- Great offensive coordinator and a great running game with a smart QB with guys like Chris Matthews Lucky WHitehead--

I can easily see this game being high scoring especially without BIGHILL-- Taking bigill out of the lineup is HUGE HUGE_- Its like the Raptors without KAWAII LEANARD.
Bighilll was the LEADER of this Defense and TEam- He was defensive player of the YEAR last season- I know him very well from BC- Dude is an animal. Helps the over big time

Both defenses are ok but both of these offenses are quite good I feel.

The only factor that makes this a NO PLAY is the weather!

The tough part about weather this time of year is that these storm cells are so small and unpredictable.
Where I live we’ve been under a thunderstorm watch for 3 days straight and haven’t seen a spec of rain. Conditions are favourable but you just don’t know where the cells will develop and drop their loads. Best to wait until closer to kickoff and check the radar then.

Alright I'm going for it. Have some personal business to attend to for the rest of the afternoon so want to make sure I get down on this while I can.

1* WPG / OTT over 52 -110

Hate having both side and total in all 3 remaining games but in the first 5 weeks of the season the lines are the softest so you gotta grab value when you see it. I think we can go 4-2.

Both teams can score
Ottawa's defence is average and WPG put up 28 against a great Edmonton defence LW
Winnipeg without Bighill
Hot humid evening tires out defensive linemen first

2 years ago my thread went 6 pages for the entire season...this year we're at 8 and its only week 4! Love it! We've got a good thing going here.

Alright I'm going for it. Have some personal business to attend to for the rest of the afternoon so want to make sure I get down on this while I can.

1* WPG / OTT over 52 -110

Hate having both side and total in all 3 remaining games but in the first 5 weeks of the season the lines are the softest so you gotta grab value when you see it. I think we can go 4-2.

Both teams can score
Ottawa's defence is average and WPG put up 28 against a great Edmonton defence LW
Winnipeg without Bighill
Hot humid evening tires out defensive linemen first

I was just drinking a beer at a PATIO downtown, and it is very MUGGY outside. It says its 32 degrees and about 40 degrees with humidity. Definitely not the weather that pass rushers will do well in. Its like a steam room outside-- I'm sweating just from walking outside.

Will update weather once I launch the Capping Command Centre DRONE over the stadium,.

Sidenote: Plenty of good looking women out parading around downtown today...

Might be a good day to go out and hand out some contracts to some UFA's(Unrestriced free agents) and RFA's 0restricted free agents)

When we see a women we call them UFA or RFA's and joke around about Signing them to contracts lol-- UFA and RFA!

The STH- Season ticket Holder says almost certaintly this game will be high scoring--

He said CFL defenses make me nervous and both teams should be able to light it up especially without Bighill..

He along the rest of us feels this game will be high scoring-

So far it looks like the storms are in Gatineau and are not over the stadium- it appears that it will be cloudy but no rain-- But I will update later to check in case of Weather condition-- With the current crazy weather you just never know

The STH- Season ticket Holder says almost certaintly this game will be high scoring--

He said CFL defenses make me nervous and both teams should be able to light it up especially without Bighill..

He along the rest of us feels this game will be high scoring-

So far it looks like the storms are in Gatineau and are not over the stadium- it appears that it will be cloudy but no rain-- But I will update later to check in case of Weather condition-- With the current crazy weather you just never know

Thanks for the update Sammy. Keep the capping drone safe out there.

I am playing more overs than ever this year. Normally about 2/3 of the totals I play are under but this year so far we have very few good defences at this point. Referees are handing out 15 yard defensive penalties like Halloween candy. Not to mention, several teams are going for 2 after almost every TD now. Ottawa, Hamilton and Calgary all doing that regularly.

Thanks for the update Sammy. Keep the capping drone safe out there.

I am playing more overs than ever this year. Normally about 2/3 of the totals I play are under but this year so far we have very few good defences at this point. Referees are handing out 15 yard defensive penalties like Halloween candy. Not to mention, several teams are going for 2 after almost every TD now. Ottawa, Hamilton and Calgary all doing that regularly.

It has just poured like crazy right in front of my house-- Like a flash flood style of rain---

If it does rain at the stadium I suspect it will be a super quick super fast downpour of rain--

And its hot outside like a steamy night-- like 35-40 degrees of PURE HUMIDITY-- no cool air-- just sweaty

Does this impact the offences or defences? Pass rushers tire out? or receivers too tired to run?

It has just poured like crazy right in front of my house-- Like a flash flood style of rain---

If it does rain at the stadium I suspect it will be a super quick super fast downpour of rain--

And its hot outside like a steamy night-- like 35-40 degrees of PURE HUMIDITY-- no cool air-- just sweaty

Does this impact the offences or defences? Pass rushers tire out? or receivers too tired to run?

I think it affects the big boys the most but it also slows down the offences a bit. CFL already requires pretty good conditioning because of the shorter play clock but I would think they would be reluctant to run too much hurry-up to keep the WRs from getting exhausted.

It’s a topic I’ve always wondered about. The effect of extreme heat on football games. Would love to see a study on it. Maybe I’ll ping a cpl of the stats junkies I follow on titter to see if they have any info.

Somewhere in a basement in Vietnam, our syndicate nemesis are licking their wounds...preparing their revenge. But we'll strike again and again in week 4. No letup, no excuses!

There is ONLLY 1 Syndicate and its our syndicate--

Now our task is to give us a catchy name for our syndicate--

Some ideas? West Coast wise guys? Can-Am Syndicate UN Syndicate

There is ONLLY 1 Syndicate and its our syndicate--

Now our task is to give us a catchy name for our syndicate--

Some ideas? West Coast wise guys? Can-Am Syndicate UN Syndicate

I dunno Sammy. I dropped a max bet on WPG on Pinny and within 5 mins the line moved a full point the other way. That would’ve taken several max bets I think.

They may not be us but someone is out there tossing some money around.

It’s alright though. The competition will bring us focus and only make us stronger.

I dunno Sammy. I dropped a max bet on WPG on Pinny and within 5 mins the line moved a full point the other way. That would’ve taken several max bets I think.

They may not be us but someone is out there tossing some money around.

It’s alright though. The competition will bring us focus and only make us stronger.[/

There is no competition that can touch us

Results after Week 4

Sides 6-6-1 -0.817*
Totals 5-5 -1.47*
2H bets 1-0 +0.50*
Live 2-0 +0.775*

Overall 14-11-1 -1.012*

Advantage over close
Sides: +10 pts or 0.77ppg
Totals: +18.5 pts or 1.85ppg

Market had me on the right side of every play this week but end up going 2-4. Tough year thus far but only down a unit and I'm confident I'll get this ship on course. Last time I was in the negative after 6 weeks was 2011 and I'm not eager to change that so lots of work to do over the next couple.

Lines should be out this aft and I have 2 spots I like this week.

Edmonton should be in a prime spot to beat down BC nicely this Thursday night-------

Bc off 4 days rest-- Played on Saturday in the EAST COAST-- They have to travel back to WEST COAST and play on 4 day PREP TIME--

Edmonton comes off a BYE WEEK- So they will be rested and ready to roll--

Plus Rich STUBLER's ZONE prevent defence will not be a good matchup vs MAAS and HARRIS-- Harris excels at throwing the ball short moving the chains-- I suspect Harris will focus on the middle of the field and burn BC linebackers all game--

I am hoping for a PICKEM LINE--

Add in Thursday Night game in BC in the summer-- I sincerely doubt it they even get 15k fans to this game--

They could draw somewhere around 13-15K for this game---

BC is on the decline--- They will improve once they get some NFL CUTS and start signing some free agents-

The status of BRIAN BURNHAM is the DEAL BREAKER for me-- IF he is out and BC tries to START 4 CANADIAN RECEIVERS they are DONE----------

Laughable stat of week-- Burnhma was injured last week and they replaced him with a canadian receiver who was CUT BY WINNIPEG LOL--

HULU not only are you going to turn this ship AROUND ASAP--- I will sum it up perfectly MOVING FORWARD..

IT"S TIME TO COLLECT RENT FROM THE BOOKIES MY MAN !!!

The bookies may have landed a few JABS on us, but I am bringing out the KENDO STICK- I will be swinging my STICK at the bookies!!!

Edmonton should be in a prime spot to beat down BC nicely this Thursday night-------

Bc off 4 days rest-- Played on Saturday in the EAST COAST-- They have to travel back to WEST COAST and play on 4 day PREP TIME--

Edmonton comes off a BYE WEEK- So they will be rested and ready to roll--

Plus Rich STUBLER's ZONE prevent defence will not be a good matchup vs MAAS and HARRIS-- Harris excels at throwing the ball short moving the chains-- I suspect Harris will focus on the middle of the field and burn BC linebackers all game--

I am hoping for a PICKEM LINE--

Add in Thursday Night game in BC in the summer-- I sincerely doubt it they even get 15k fans to this game--

They could draw somewhere around 13-15K for this game---

BC is on the decline--- They will improve once they get some NFL CUTS and start signing some free agents-

The status of BRIAN BURNHAM is the DEAL BREAKER for me-- IF he is out and BC tries to START 4 CANADIAN RECEIVERS they are DONE----------

Laughable stat of week-- Burnhma was injured last week and they replaced him with a canadian receiver who was CUT BY WINNIPEG LOL--

HULU not only are you going to turn this ship AROUND ASAP--- I will sum it up perfectly MOVING FORWARD..

IT"S TIME TO COLLECT RENT FROM THE BOOKIES MY MAN !!!

The bookies may have landed a few JABS on us, but I am bringing out the KENDO STICK- I will be swinging my STICK at the bookies!!!

Burnham has been practicing with the first team and will be in the lineup Thursday.
BCs offensive line is awful and Edmonton has the best pass rush in the league. That’s basically what happened last time they played 3 weeks ago.

ETA...looking like Davaris Daniels will see his first action for Edmonton this season.

Burnham has been practicing with the first team and will be in the lineup Thursday.
BCs offensive line is awful and Edmonton has the best pass rush in the league. That’s basically what happened last time they played 3 weeks ago.

ETA...looking like Davaris Daniels will see his first action for Edmonton this season.

MAAS is a smart coach-- EDMONTON wins this game because of MAAS-- Who better to know REILLY;s tendencies that his former coach----

Reminds me of JOHN GRUDEN with TAMPA vs RICH GANNON-- Same situation here----

If BC WINS its an UPSET--

But MAAS and as you said EDMONTON has the best pass rush and BC has the worst pass rush in the league--

<36 hours until the first game of the week kicks off and still no lines. Never seen them released this late before.

Interesting Quanandrum here?

Why are they so late releasing the lines this week?

Does it have something to do with our RIVAL SYNDICATE? The syndicate that hammered Ottawa last week?

Its not a super busy sports week, so my only explanation is this--

I believe with the strange lines from last week, that they do not have A CREDIBLE and REPUTABLE source to get the LINES from.. Why else would they not be released?

It could be the case that they are not sure about the teams due to the player movement and their power rankings are not working due to the player movement in the offeseason--

Lets take a close look at the LINES-- IF we see lines like Bc-3.5 and Hamilton -5 over Cgy and Winnipeg -21 over Toronot we will immediately know that they do not have a CREDIBLE LINE MAKER--

Anyway I don't care who is making the CFL LINES_- Its time to collect RENT of these MOFOS!

Interesting Quanandrum here?

Why are they so late releasing the lines this week?

Does it have something to do with our RIVAL SYNDICATE? The syndicate that hammered Ottawa last week?

Its not a super busy sports week, so my only explanation is this--

I believe with the strange lines from last week, that they do not have A CREDIBLE and REPUTABLE source to get the LINES from.. Why else would they not be released?

It could be the case that they are not sure about the teams due to the player movement and their power rankings are not working due to the player movement in the offeseason--

Lets take a close look at the LINES-- IF we see lines like Bc-3.5 and Hamilton -5 over Cgy and Winnipeg -21 over Toronot we will immediately know that they do not have a CREDIBLE LINE MAKER--

Anyway I don't care who is making the CFL LINES_- Its time to collect RENT of these MOFOS!

You're right...its not a busy sports week what with MLB on a break. Maybe a couple of linesmen took the week off? Who knows.

Usually by Wednesday I have my initial bets down vs the openers and and already in the 3rd stage of gambling...self doubt. I'll have precious little time to go through all 7 stages before kickoff tomorrow night at this rate.

Do you think Edmonton can win in BC?

Yes I do but I don't know if we'll get a favourable line here. These 2 played in Edmonton in week 2 and it was an absolute woodshed job. That is still in recent memory so we could get some stupid high line here.

Having said that, BC's offense has improved somewhat since. That was a low point for their balance where they called something like 86% passing plays. Since then their ratio has evened out more every game until last week @ Toronto they were 50/50 pass/run. With that kind of balance and Burnham coming back, they should be much more competitive this time around.

My line here would be EDM -3.5 and anything under 3 would be an auto-bet. If we see something stupid like 8 or above and I'd seriously have to consider BC.

Edmonton depth chart is out.

Daniels penciled in at WR
LG Travis Bond is out, replaced by Jacob Ruby
Arjen Colquhoun starts at boundary corner over Onyeka. This secondary has some issues and I'm not sure this fixes much.

BC depth chart out.

Same O-line configuration as last week and it wasn’t bad at opening holes for the run game.
Lions signed Josh Bartel to punt. Sergio Castillo was doing good placekicking, 8/9 with the one miss being the game winner last week (#onlyintheCFL) but he has the worst punting avg by far. Problem is, Bartel has usually been at the bottom of the table too so not sure it improves much.
Burnham is back but beyond him this is a piss-poor group of receivers.

eta...I think the addition of Brendan Dozier last week really solidified the secondary.

Seeing EDM -4.5 and total 55. No play for me at those numbers.

I hope this isn’t a trend of only releasing one game at a time a little over 24 hours before post.

Seeing EDM -4.5 and total 55. No play for me at those numbers.

I hope this isn’t a trend of only releasing one game at a time a little over 24 hours before post.

I feel now the oddsmakers are out to lunch... They are throwing chalk like crazy based on overreactions...

Edmonton is okay, but they have a serious rivalry with BC, BC is likely middle of the pack but are at home playing..

I think the line of 4.5 is much too high...

I feel now the oddsmakers are out to lunch... They are throwing chalk like crazy based on overreactions...

Edmonton is okay, but they have a serious rivalry with BC, BC is likely middle of the pack but are at home playing..

I think the line of 4.5 is much too high...

Down to 3 at pinnacle now. I think 3.5 is about right so I'm not going tp touch the side. As for total I made it 55.5 and its within a half point so no play there either. I could make a case for this game going under or over.

Hulu what are your thoughts on CGY at HAMILTON--

I feel that CGY will beat Hamilton easily.....

Calgary has the best QB in the game these days in SLICK NICK PARBUCKLE. Add in the best corner in the game in Tony Roberson and I think CGY will dominate MASOLI who stinks at home..

HULU you are right about DELVIN BREAUX losing a step this season- I have noticed him getting beat deep regularly this year-- He is coming back 2 years ago from the NFL, so he is likely on a NO SUPPLEMENT NO ROID CFL SUBWAY DIET-- You lose muscle and strength when coming to the CFL..

I find that PARBUCKLE is the best player in the game-- He is so smooth with his reads-- I think there is limited film on him as well..

Down to 3 at pinnacle now. I think 3.5 is about right so I'm not going tp touch the side. As for total I made it 55.5 and its within a half point so no play there either. I could make a case for this game going under or over.

One thing I do remember is HARRIS struggling in BC when he played for Ottawa. I am unsure if he cannot play in a DOME or what the situation is... Something to ponder--

Although that was when BC had better defenders-- I feel this year they do not have great linebackers or pass rushers-- Pass rush prob their weakest area--- Their secondary is actually talented-- Lots of good players-- But their entire pass rush sucks--- Odell is older, Bosen stinks--

Yes I do but I don't know if we'll get a favourable line here. These 2 played in Edmonton in week 2 and it was an absolute woodshed job. That is still in recent memory so we could get some stupid high line here.

Having said that, BC's offense has improved somewhat since. That was a low point for their balance where they called something like 86% passing plays. Since then their ratio has evened out more every game until last week @ Toronto they were 50/50 pass/run. With that kind of balance and Burnham coming back, they should be much more competitive this time around.

My line here would be EDM -3.5 and anything under 3 would be an auto-bet. If we see something stupid like 8 or above and I'd seriously have to consider BC.

You are correct about the RATIO to pass to run-- It was 50-50 ratio for the game vs Toronto--

But believe me HULU when I tell you BC will go right back to their AIR ATTACK of 85-15 in favour of PASSING-- They always do this-- Jarious does not like running the ball, he loves to do what he knows best-- Ridiculous RPO option pass offence with all deeper longer developing routes.

It is what it is.

Hulu what are your thoughts on CGY at HAMILTON--

I feel that CGY will beat Hamilton easily.....

Calgary has the best QB in the game these days in SLICK NICK PARBUCKLE. Add in the best corner in the game in Tony Roberson and I think CGY will dominate MASOLI who stinks at home..

HULU you are right about DELVIN BREAUX losing a step this season- I have noticed him getting beat deep regularly this year-- He is coming back 2 years ago from the NFL, so he is likely on a NO SUPPLEMENT NO ROID CFL SUBWAY DIET-- You lose muscle and strength when coming to the CFL..

I find that PARBUCKLE is the best player in the game-- He is so smooth with his reads-- I think there is limited film on him as well..

So many competing angles in that game, I think I'll sit it out and enjoy it as a fan. Of course everything depends on the line we get.

-Hamilton got smacked by Montreal last week and considering the soft schedule to begin the year, should probably be 4-0. I would like to think the cats come back with a better effort this week but again, we haven't seen them play a quality team to know who they are just yet.

-Sean Thomas-Erlington gone to the 6-game with knee surgery and I'm not sure if Anthony Coombs, Maleek Irons and Jackson Bennet can replace his production. The Cats have the best OL in the league but none of those guys looks like an every-down, feature back so their offense could look one-dimensional without the run.

-Hamilton's defence is vulnerable against the run and I was mightily impressed with Ka'deem Carey last week for the stamps. He could run all over this cats defence. Even more so if Simoni Lawrence is out as his appeal was heard yesterday. At this point we don't know if a decision will be made before Saturday so its 50/50 whether he plays or not. Jesse Tuggle has not looked good at MLB so if SImoni misses, Carey could get 200 yards.

-Arbuckle looks very capable but what have we seen so far? He came in just in time for BC to collapse defensively at his feet 2 weeks ago and then played an absolutely flat Sask defence last week. Thus far he is graded as the most accurate passer this season but is it for real or happenstance? (just look at how Cody Fajardo's fortunes changed last week after 2 solid games)

-Tre Roberson has been awesome but his wife is due to give birth any day and Dickenson always gives his players time off for that so we will have to watch to see if he makes the flight on Friday.

-Juwan Brescasin may be back. Wynton McManis may be back. Calgary is still roster shuffling due to their rash of early season injuries.

My gut feel is that Calgary is probably the better team, even with all their roster instability at this point but I don't know if I could bet them unless we get some points. The over might be the way to play this game as both of these teams can score. I make it 57.5 so if we get a lower total, I may look seriously at that.

So many competing angles in that game, I think I'll sit it out and enjoy it as a fan. Of course everything depends on the line we get.

-Hamilton got smacked by Montreal last week and considering the soft schedule to begin the year, should probably be 4-0. I would like to think the cats come back with a better effort this week but again, we haven't seen them play a quality team to know who they are just yet.

-Sean Thomas-Erlington gone to the 6-game with knee surgery and I'm not sure if Anthony Coombs, Maleek Irons and Jackson Bennet can replace his production. The Cats have the best OL in the league but none of those guys looks like an every-down, feature back so their offense could look one-dimensional without the run.

-Hamilton's defence is vulnerable against the run and I was mightily impressed with Ka'deem Carey last week for the stamps. He could run all over this cats defence. Even more so if Simoni Lawrence is out as his appeal was heard yesterday. At this point we don't know if a decision will be made before Saturday so its 50/50 whether he plays or not. Jesse Tuggle has not looked good at MLB so if SImoni misses, Carey could get 200 yards.

-Arbuckle looks very capable but what have we seen so far? He came in just in time for BC to collapse defensively at his feet 2 weeks ago and then played an absolutely flat Sask defence last week. Thus far he is graded as the most accurate passer this season but is it for real or happenstance? (just look at how Cody Fajardo's fortunes changed last week after 2 solid games)

-Tre Roberson has been awesome but his wife is due to give birth any day and Dickenson always gives his players time off for that so we will have to watch to see if he makes the flight on Friday.

-Juwan Brescasin may be back. Wynton McManis may be back. Calgary is still roster shuffling due to their rash of early season injuries.

My gut feel is that Calgary is probably the better team, even with all their roster instability at this point but I don't know if I could bet them unless we get some points. The over might be the way to play this game as both of these teams can score. I make it 57.5 so if we get a lower total, I may look seriously at that.

All CGY QB"S in the HUFFNAGLE ERA are for real including PARBUCKLE...

Arbuckle is better than most other CFL qbs because he plays for CGY....

Who are the 2 former QBs coaching? MAAS and DICKINSON? Who are the 2 highest paid QBs in the league-- BLM and REILLY-- Both were coached by MAAS and DICKINSON--

Arbuckle will be the same if not better than BLM-- Its how they roll in CGY-- The backups they have are there to SURPASS the starter- It has been their modus operandi--

The Cats will not have any answers for ARBUCKLE- he throws for easily over 300 yards and perhaps sets a few CFL records in the process--

Kadeem CARREY who played for the CHICAGO BEARS a few years ago- the former ARIZONA wildcat is for real and likely too good for the CFL--

ARBUCKLE was the SUN belt student athlete of the year at Georgia State and holds many records-- Since he was the student athlete he will fit in nicely watching football savant DAVE DICKENSON-- It is no surprise that PARBUCKLE is having success--- He is smart guy-- good thrower-- Rest is academic--

Arbuckle huge QB mismatch vs Masoli-- He will dominate Masoli

Last edited:
Back