Chiefs vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills -2.5 all day for me. This team is on a roll.

Chiefs beat up on some frozen fish but prior to that all anyone could talk about was how mediocre they'd been.

Going against Mahomes has proven to be unwise as it was for going against Brady. I would rather pass.

Tough one here..... "Bills on a roll" is a mixed bag. They should have lost to KC. They waxed Dallas. They struggled against LAC and NE.. They had 3 turnovers in the Miami game. The Steelers outplayed them in the 2nd half yesterday.. Maybe the final three quarters.

Theres a ton to like about Buffalo. But Idk if the winning streak is the place to start. This is the team I did not want to see on the road. Gonna dive in later today. Injuries for them will be big on defense.

The Bills post locker room and Allen’s postgame interview looked about as fake as could be. Bills don’t look right to me in-house

I'm not sure what you saw brother ...

This might be the most tight lockeroom the Bills have had since the 60's ...
"Old white dudes" like Mitch Morse gets his haircut in the hood with Rousseau , Dodson , and a few others ..
Meanwhile several other players that you'd never think would be tight all swim at the same pool all winter ...

On the flip side the BILLS super Bowl teams were well known as the bickering Bills .

Seemed like the entire Bills D is down w injuries. Gotta see report for that this week

Injuries are my main concern ...
The qb of the defense has to be carted off ..Bernard has been lights out for the most part ...waiting on the MRI ..

Hopefully Douglas and Dodson are back this week ..

Undefeated since the coaching staff came out as pro Al Qaeda

The post game lockeroom video after that story broke appeared to show the team really rallying around him...They gave him the game ball with the owner present ..

Supposedly its a running joke in the lockeroom

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20240115_195957_X.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20240115_195957_X.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Tough one here..... "Bills on a roll" is a mixed bag. They should have lost to KC. They waxed Dallas. They struggled against LAC and NE.. They had 3 turnovers in the Miami game. The Steelers outplayed them in the 2nd half yesterday.. Maybe the final three quarters.

Theres a ton to like about Buffalo. But Idk if the winning streak is the place to start. This is the team I did not want to see on the road. Gonna dive in later today. Injuries for them will be big on defense.
IDK that the Steelers outplayed them 2ndh... Every time Pitt scored the Bills responded with a score. Missed FG was horrible but Bills were on cruise control typical McDermott 2ndh

They did have 2 first half tds off turnovers which I don't expect to happen vs KC. Also a turnover free Allen game which is rare these days

Injuries will be big.

Nothing but love & respect for you @Capaholic I think it'll be one for the books

Typical bend but don't break almost prevent defense that McDermott likes to run with a lead ...Really pisses me off ..

I'm probably his biggest detractor lol .
I was calling for his head along with Dorsey, but what he's done defensively with what he has is really overlooked. D really sold on next man up mentality.

Who would have ever thought the KC/Bills total would be the 2nd lowest of the week?

Opened at 46.5 and now seeing 45.5? wild. I think KC's d is very very good Snead to me is really fun to watch. However there is no way in the world I would play under in this one. NO WAY

Fournette released someone will be added to combat the defensive injuries. I'd assume linebacker.

Really have to wait until tomorrow/Friday to figure out how I want to play this with so many injuries but here they all are

Dodson dnp last week shoulder. Would think he plays no matter what.
MLB-Bernard hurt ankle. Huge loss here-Spector filled in and also hurt his back.
CBs- Rasul dnp with knee injury, we'll see how bad it really is.
Benford picked up a knee injury and didn't return to the game. SS Rapp was inactive
Taron Johnson looks like he may be in concussion protocol.

Should Bernard not go it'll likely be heavy snaps by rookie Dorian Williams & AJ Klein who just came in off the couch. Dorian looked great vs Pitt and was flying around but I think KC could be able to take advantage of matchups here.

Taron Johnson is the player's status I'll be watching the most. He's great in the slot but most importantly a beast vs. the run. Need him in to stop Pacheco from going off. I'll say this much- if Taron Johnson is a no go along with Bernard I would advise everyone to look at Pacheco props.

I understand looking at scores and numbers how the under looks good but I just get the feeling you can throw all of that out come playoff time.

Been looking at alternate total lines and think o42-182 might be a straight wager. Def going into some parlays.

Fournette released someone will be added to combat the defensive injuries. I'd assume linebacker.

Really have to wait until tomorrow/Friday to figure out how I want to play this with so many injuries but here they all are

Dodson dnp last week shoulder. Would think he plays no matter what.
MLB-Bernard hurt ankle. Huge loss here-Spector filled in and also hurt his back.
CBs- Rasul dnp with knee injury, we'll see how bad it really is.
Benford picked up a knee injury and didn't return to the game. SS Rapp was inactive
Taron Johnson looks like he may be in concussion protocol.

Should Bernard not go it'll likely be heavy snaps by rookie Dorian Williams & AJ Klein who just came in off the couch. Dorian looked great vs Pitt and was flying around but I think KC could be able to take advantage of matchups here.

Taron Johnson is the player's status I'll be watching the most. He's great in the slot but most importantly a beast vs. the run. Need him in to stop Pacheco from going off. I'll say this much- if Taron Johnson is a no go along with Bernard I would advise everyone to look at Pacheco props.

Loving the over ...Waiting on wind forecast and better understanding of all these injuries...
Right now I'm thinking last team with balk wins 29-27 type game

Crazy weather round 2 ..
Gramps always used to say " you better hope the lake freezes before mid January or the snow bands turn into blizzards " .

4-6 inches per hour in the city right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117-094038_Wireless emergency alerts.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117-094038_Wireless emergency alerts.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 6
All the way to 46? Wow I grew up less than a mile from Exit 46. I remember my father used to shoot competitive pistol and he had a meet in Buffalo one winter. The forecast was for lake effect snow all day but he decided to go. He said he got on the Thruway and the road didn't look half bad for the first few miles......then he caught up to the plows. He caught the first available turnaround and headed back lol.

Injury report is definitely big for Buffalo this week….key guys.

Can the Chiefs play another turnover free game? Not sure

Rasul said he could have went for Steelers game but was held out. He'll be ready to play- HUGE as I'm pretty confident he can handle Rice.

To me this is a pacheco/Kelce game. KC no doubt will want to get to Kelce as he will have favorable matchups.

Important to note KC did not have Pacheco last meeting vs Buffalo again Taron J HAS to be cleared to play for me to be comfortable combating the run.

Offensively I hope they keep Gabe sidelined as I think the offense just looks better without him (they lose a little run blocking)

Injury report is definitely big for Buffalo this week….key guys.

Can the Chiefs play another turnover free game? Not sure
I would almost guarantee Bernard is out, gotta have Dodson or Pat can check down all day.

Bills gonna have a new punter haak. He’ll also hold for Bass who has become very shaky as of late. Hopefully it doesn’t come into party but worth noting

I think if the Bills don’t turn the ball over it’ll be tough for kc to get a win.

Bills -2.5 all day for me. This team is on a roll.

Chiefs beat up on some frozen fish but prior to that all anyone could talk about was how mediocre they'd been.

Are they? Pats went up and down on them. Outplayed them really badly if it wasn’t for the offense gifting Buffalo 20 points. Who is left at LB and secondary to do anything?

Outplayed against the lowly Chargers.

Beat up the Cowboys at home. Everyone does that…

And were a bad call away from losing to the Chiefs who were in far worse form than they are now. Chiefs got a bye week - Bills didn’t.

Are they? Pats went up and down on them. Outplayed them really badly if it wasn’t for the offense gifting Buffalo 20 points. Who is left at LB and secondary to do anything?

And were a bad call away from losing to the Chiefs who were in far worse form than they are now. Chiefs got a bye week - Bills didn’t.
Its interesting....and a group of people that still think bills oc change was bad and they are better going 5 wide every play.

IMO....maybe they don't blowout teams like they used to but fundamentally bills changes such as the oc are better suited for winning playoff football...running the football. the defense is way better then earlier in year.

Don't forget brother those Chargers and Pats games were played after Cowboys, Chiefs and Eagles ...
Seemed to be coast spots ...

I'm McDermott's biggest detractor when it comes to playing down to the competition thou .

Brian Edwards:

The Bills have officially ruled WR Gabe Davis, safety Taylor Rapp, LB Baylon Spector & CB Christian Benford 'out' vs KC. LB Terrel Bernard, CB Taron Johnson & punter Sam Martin remain 'questionable.'

Can't believe how bad the injury big bit this team . They were injury free before the regular season finale..

One of my buddy's wanted wanted to sit the starters at Miami , possibly play them again in the Super wild card ..

Wonder if the BILLS would be here today,
healthy playing in Baltimore ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back