Steelers vs. Bills Discussion Thread

But seriously, this is what dreams are made of. Play in the elements. Shit I’m from SE LA I wanna see it!!

Who the fuck doesn’t want to see this?!
Sucks bad but they can't have all those people on the road, I get it

I'm sure house rules can be different but any time I've read them wherever I've read them, for a play to have action it has to be in the same venue and start within 24 hours of the original start time/venue. Think the rules might change if the game starts then gets postponed (obviously a baseball rule) but I'd assume any bet involving the game tomorrow will be cancelled and subject to repricing

They didn't want another 20+ deaths on their hands from a blizzard like the Christmas one that hit Buffalo in 2022...

For sure they don't want deaths, but last Christmas' blizzard was monumental. This isn't that (at all), and you know that as you live here too.

Seems a good decision to move the game to Monday, couldn't be better timing that there's a holiday too, as many will have off and can attend the game. Added bonus, you got a ticket! Maybe I'll see ya there, haven't decided if I'm going but there's a chance I at least stop out for a little tailgate with the crew.

Whoa did that happen? Had no idea

Borrowing Elon Musk's quote "The most entertaining outcome is the most likely"...watch this be one of the hundreds of times (as you know again living here and knowing how the forecasts go) where the hyped up storm is nothing at all like they're saying...just so the Mafia can bitch and complain that the game was moved to Monday for no reason and give another reason to hate on Hochul. As if the way she "speaks" in her press conferences like she's angry and has to yell at the children she's talking to. It's wild and crazy to listen to her talk.

Borrowing Elon Musk's quote "The most entertaining outcome is the most likely"...watch this be one of the hundreds of times (as you know again living here and knowing how the forecasts go) where the hyped up storm is nothing at all like they're saying...just so the Mafia can bitch and complain that the game was moved to Monday for no reason and give another reason to hate on Hochul. As if the way she "speaks" in her press conferences like she's angry and has to yell at the children she's talking to. It's wild and crazy to listen to her talk.
Yea chicago was supposed to have insane snow this week. Burbs crushed but an inch here in city

Yea chicago was supposed to have insane snow this week. Burbs crushed but an inch here in city

Happens ALL the time here. It’s basically a running joke about how they always get people to panic, head to stores and clean out shelves, etc.

Orchard Park is in the snow belt area though, and when it does snow it’s there more than the city or northern suburbs. Until last year for that Christmas blizzard DoubleUp mentioned…the city and the north towns got crushed with 3 feet in a day plus and many lost power.

If the governor of ny is that stupid, then you deserve to lose home-field advantage.
Catch 22 if there are people killed trying to drive when they shouldn't be

Thought Monday was ok anyway. Reality is if you actually need federal help you have to declare a state of emergency, lots goes into it if it's actually going to be that bad

Wonder if they factor in that many people tailgate in their cars on the way to the stadium ..
This definitely isn't like the Christmas blizzard , and might not be 1/2 as bad as they're prepping us for ..

But safety is more important than a game

Last edited:
I get it’s not fair to lose home-field advantage, but it’s also not fair to have a team play on Tuesday and then have to turn around again and play the following weekend. What if they can’t play on Tuesday??

I get it’s not fair to lose home-field advantage, but it’s also not fair to have a team play on Tuesday and then have to turn around again and play the following weekend. What if they can’t play on Tuesday??

Tuesday ???
Did they say that's possible
I've only heard Monday so far ..I'm likely way behind thou

Last edited:
If they move it to Tuesday it would be a travesty. Might as well skip the potential Buffalo/KC game & just advance KC to the championship game. A two day advantage in rest is bad enough, but 3 days would be almost insurmountable this time of year. The Bills would be better off playing without a crowd, or moving the game to Cleveland.

If they move it to Tuesday it would be a travesty. Might as well skip the potential Buffalo/KC game & just advance KC to the championship game. A two day advantage in rest is bad enough, but 3 days would be almost insurmountable this time of year. The Bills would be better off playing without a crowd, or moving the game to Cleveland.
Monday for playoff games is already ridiculous.

Yes, money, but that is an advantage for a resting team that is not necessary.

Since the MNF game is always a 4/5 match, if higher seeds hold serve you give the #1 seed not only a bye but an even bigger rest advantage,

Anyways, as far as this game coming up. A Tuesday game, and I think they would have to consider moving the winner's next game to the following Monday.

So people from Buffalo. Could they really be playing today? With fans? Like people could get transportation to the game in the weather?
This stuff is out of my lane

So people from Buffalo. Could they really be playing today? With fans? Like people could get transportation to the game in the weather?
This stuff is out of my lane

Not a chance...

If you have Facebook find the the town of Hamburg EMS videos from yesterday from what would have been before and after the game ...There probably would have been 70k stuck in their cars for at least 10 hours if not over night...

47 people died last blizzard , guessing it would have been much more than that .

I wonder if the extra day gets rasul & Dodson on the field.

More homer thoughts

If you guys like the Steelers +10 then I think a parlay with the over is the way to go. It's going to be cold but snow/wind won't be a factor. I think the Steelers have to put up 14+ to cover you really think the Bills are scoring under 23 at home?

Throw out the Ravens game last week

They won 30-23 @seattle

Lost 30-13 @ Indy

No Watt to get pressure on Allen we all know what happens if he has too much time. Offensive weapons are coming together at the right time Shakir is a threat and I don't think Pitt has anyone that can match up well with Kincaid.

I'm not on the -10 (yet) and even as a homer would not advise laying 10 in a playoff game. At the same time I don't think the Steelers+ anything is a solid wager. There is a very good chance the Bills get up and if Pitt has to throw to catch up the Bills D line will be up for it.

I don't know if this is debatable but I feel like ppl still think the Bills have a bad defense. They can stop the run. The D line is the strength of the defense, Oliver is having an unreal season I think he pressures Mason a bunch today. DaQuan Jones third game back I think the Bills d dials up pressure early & throws Mason off....

If Rasul/Dodson were healthy going into this game I would confidently say lay the wood but there is a chance Mason can get one off deep to Dionte or Pickens without Rasul. Ive said before Hyde/Poyer are past prime and are beatable, but the Dline covers up most mistakes with pressure.

I wonder if the extra day gets rasul & Dodson on the field.

More homer thoughts

If you guys like the Steelers +10 then I think a parlay with the over is the way to go. It's going to be cold but snow/wind won't be a factor. I think the Steelers have to put up 14+ to cover you really think the Bills are scoring under 23 at home?

Throw out the Ravens game last week

They won 30-23 @seattle

Lost 30-13 @ Indy

No Watt to get pressure on Allen we all know what happens if he has too much time. Offensive weapons are coming together at the right time Shakir is a threat and I don't think Pitt has anyone that can match up well with Kincaid.

I'm not on the -10 (yet) and even as a homer would not advise laying 10 in a playoff game. At the same time I don't think the Steelers+ anything is a solid wager. There is a very good chance the Bills get up and if Pitt has to throw to catch up the Bills D line will be up for it.

I don't know if this is debatable but I feel like ppl still think the Bills have a bad defense. They can stop the run. The D line is the strength of the defense, Oliver is having an unreal season I think he pressures Mason a bunch today. DaQuan Jones third game back I think the Bills d dials up pressure early & throws Mason off....

If Rasul/Dodson were healthy going into this game I would confidently say lay the wood but there is a chance Mason can get one off deep to Dionte or Pickens without Rasul. Ive said before Hyde/Poyer are past prime and are beatable, but the Dline covers up most mistakes with pressure.

Spot on Brother ...

I'd recommend anyone who is taking the Steelers to bet either their TT over , parlay the points and over, or tease them.

Today's low winds sets up for the BILLS to score points in bunches IMO ...Shakir and Kincaid could cause all sorts of matchup problems as the Steelers look to cloud or bracket Diggs ..

Wonder If the BILLS hold out Dodson and Douglas today for KC next week??? Activating AJ Klein last night makes believe Dodson is out ...

Our safeties are long in tooth , wonder if Hyde retires at season end , those reoccurring neck injuries are no joke as he lives life after football .

My gut feeling is to alt line the BILLS up to -20 or more ..Last time I felt this way about a playoff game was the 51-3 AFC Championship beat down of the Raiders. ..No TJ WATT is the stuff Josh Allen dreams about I this spot ...

For what it's worth I play basketball with a few Barbers who cut the BILLS hair .All of them mentioned this week that all the BILLS were extra salty that more BILLS didn't make the Pro Bowl and All Pro rosters ..

Latavius Murray 2+ TD is +11000 , can't even buy 2 beers for $27 at Highmark..LOL

BILLS BY A BILLION

GO BILLS !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115-090215_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115-090215_Chrome.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
There is hope for Steelers backers. Buff did lose to Den, Jets and NE this year. I’ve heard some say they are in good form now, but I’m not so sure the more I look. They barely beat the Chargers with Stick at quarterback in a prime time game. Everyone made an excuse and said it was a bad spot for them. Fine… They followed that up by barely beating New England at home. Good win to close out the season vs a Miami team they own.

I can make an argument the Steelers are in better form since making the QB change. They closed out the season beating Cincy and Seattle convincingly, both games were essentially elimination games. They beat Balt OTR in a horrible game to close out the season. I know Balt rested Lamar but Huntley is no slouch. He almost knocked off Cincy last year in the WC round. Balt played most of their other starters who were healthy, especially on defense, and anyone who watched that game knows Balt was playing to win.

Maybe it’s the homer in me, but I’m starting to come around….

Many of the diehards in Pittsburgh view the game change as the NFL catering to Buffalo two years in a row. Before anyone takes issue with that statement, let me be clear I do not agree with it, but just sayin that could be extra motivation for the Steelers (us vs the world mentality) coming into this game. I get it’s the playoffs and that should be all the motivation they need but any little edge helps when you are a 10 point underdog.

But, this is what the Bills do. They consistently underperform, make bad decisions like passing up FGs early in games, turn the ball over, etc. This team should have at least one SB win, but not for the blunders.
From past experience, when a team makes a habit of blunders during the playoffs it usually keeps happening. Last night in Dallas is a good example.

I just don't know how the Steelers move the ball or get any pressure without Watt. He's worth a FG as the defense loses its teeth. Mason more likely to fumble the ball away twice today than Allen imo

Steelers have weapons. Najee and Warren, Diontae, Pickens and Freiermuth. QB has been the big question mark all year. And it is a big, big question mark…

What a bunch of shit lots of people are stuck with these unders assuming they’d play yesterday

Back