Steelers vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Came from Marty Collins and makes sense if the state of emergency has been declared. Gotta be prepared.

It also looks as if it came from Andrew Filliponi, who used to work here in Buffalo at WGR and has since moved on to Pittsburgh.

Seems as if Poni may have just been having some fun.

This is also Sal retweeting this, he’s the Bills sideline reporter and was also just on with guys in Pittsburgh on the morning show within the past day or so.

Also, wouldn’t it make more sense, if there was some crazy storm that hits that the game would simply be moved back a day? Why would they consider moving the game when it isn’t necessary? I feel like the whole thing was just a big joke by Poni and a bunch of people who didn’t realize it ran with it.

As a Steelers fan, I don’t want this game moved. Cleveland also a hostile environment and inclement weather should help neutralize some of Buff’s advantages.

Reactions: KJ
I know that the league technically controls all playoff tickets, I wonder if it's their call as opposed to the teams involved as to whether the game gets moved. If there is a SOE I guess it's possible they have a policy that a game can't be played

As a Steelers fan, I don’t want this game moved. Cleveland also a hostile environment and inclement weather should help neutralize some of Buff’s advantages.
Would think all the elements would certainly soften the blow of not having Watt

it wouldn't even make sense to move the game when they can just move the day if really necessary. You aren’t taking away a teams HF advantage in the playoffs because of a weather event. That seems silly, and like it was a joke.

Don’t understand this statement. Dude had 2 incompletions playing against most of Balty’s starting defense in shitty conditions.

PlayerC/ATTYDSTDINT
M. Rudolph18/2015210

I’m not a numbers guy with the eval of Rudolph last week when he waited 5 seconds completed all his passes. He did the job. He also may have fumbled the ball away 5-6 times. And didn’t push the ball down the field - didn’t need to. In bad conditions I don’t like the Steelers offense, at all. I had a small boat on them vs Ravens but hate them in this spot. Debating how large to go.

Last edited:
This is also Sal retweeting this, he’s the Bills sideline reporter and was also just on with guys in Pittsburgh on the morning show within the past day or so.

Also, wouldn’t it make more sense, if there was some crazy storm that hits that the game would simply be moved back a day? Why would they consider moving the game when it isn’t necessary? I feel like the whole thing was just a big joke by Poni and a bunch of people who didn’t realize it ran with it.

Seems really dumb to not just move it a day, or even two.

I’m not a numbers guy with the eval of Rudolph last week when he waited 5 seconds completed all his passes. He did the job. He also may have fumbled the ball away 5-6 times. And didn’t push the ball down the field - didn’t need to. In bad conditions I don’t like the Steelers offense, at all. I had a small boat on them vs Ravens but hate them in this spot. Debating how large to go.
I agree 100% he held the ball too long. Can’t do that this week. I’m hoping it was due to the monsoon and it just being tough to see, etc. Overall, though his numbers were decent that game, and that was a dime he threw the Dionte Johnson for the touchdown. I’m not a Rudolph believer, but tough to argue against any of the other Steelers QBs playing now given the offense has looked much better since he took over (that’s not saying much as it was putrid before he took over). I don’t expect the Steelers to win the game (not even if Watt was playing). I’d actually be pleasantly surprised if it is close. I just cannot trust Buffalo to beat a solid team by double digits with all the mistakes, stupid decisions, etc. they seem to make every week. My initial lien was the over in this game, but the weather may scare me off.

Tough to bet it until game day for me, the weather completely will dictate how I see this one playing out. Above average winds plus snow/cold I'm sticking with something like a 16-9 type win for Buffalo. Think it's running into run coverage a lot and a play or two either way is the difference and clock runs very fast, minimal turnovers. The more pass friendly the weather, the greater the benefit to the Bills not just because of QB advantage but it more emphasizes the loss of JT.

Rumors percolating online they could move the game due to weather. Don’t see it happening but figured I’d throw it out there. Possible alternate sites include Cleveland. Obviously, that favors Buffalo.

I can't see anyway they move this game out of Orchard Park ...Unless lake effect forecast calls for feet of snow during game..

They've already dialed back the wind to 20-35 mph ..

This pretty much is a wait and see situation for me. If the weather turns out as bad as some say its a hold your nose and take the dog situation. If the weather is not an issue the Bills can cover this spread IMO.

That said, the Bills have not been great at stopping the run. The Steelers can use their backs to make this ugly and shorten the game.

Reactions: KJ
That said, the Bills have not been great at stopping the run. The Steelers can use their backs to make this ugly and shorten the game.
Pretty sure regardless the weather the Steez are going to try to make this game as short as possible which they can do barring getting down by 14+ in the 1st half

Disagree with this completely. They shut down so many running backs this season. Ranked higher vs the run than Pitt is.

If anything I could see Cook running all over Pitt

Mason will have to play turnover free game of his life paired with a complete Allen flop for the Steelers to even sniff a close game. Again I will say 10 points for this Bills team is a lot, but linesmakers know what they are doing.

Anyone drawing comparison's to last year's close win vs Skylar I would say this is a completely different Bills team with MUCH more momentum and confidence. Last year they faced waaaay too much adversity and ran out of gas. Been wrong before but I think there is ZERO chance Buffalo comes out flat at home.

Mason will have to play turnover free game of his life paired with a complete Allen flop for the Steelers to even sniff a close game. Again I will say 10 points for this Bills team is a lot, but linesmakers know what they are doing.

Anyone drawing comparison's to last year's close win vs Skylar I would say this is a completely different Bills team with MUCH more momentum and confidence. Last year they faced waaaay too much adversity and ran out of gas. Been wrong before but I think there is ZERO chance Buffalo comes out flat at home.
I tend to agree. Save last week, they been tough on the cover lately though.

If Mason Rudolph can cover ten though in Buffalo….

Winds 20-30, 3-5 inches, high of 24. Can't wait to watch this on the couch under a giant blanket. Hopefully with a Chiefs win already in hand.

Ya all a crap shoot until day of. Weatherman here can’t predict an hour ahead never mind a couple days

Spot on , one of them from channel 7 used to coach my son's soccer team..He'd joke that anyone could do his job , just guess and no one can blame you if you're wrong...

Really want to take the Bills here, but with their inconsistent performance, sling with the crappy ass weather and the fact that Pittsburgh has a good running game, as well as a good chance to create multiple turnovers by the Bills in the difficult weather, a low total. Isn’t 10 points with Pittsburgh a gift?

Starting to think the weather really might be an issue haha. Def waiting until I play props but looking like wind gusts will be a factor

I mean. Wouldn't you rather have a game that can actually be played? I wouldnt want my teams playoff game be in a foot of snow and 50mph winds. Play all year for a fluke game. No ty

But i dont need to worry bc Bears havnt been relevant in 40 years

Much more entertaining with weather.

So much better.
Some weather, majority of I agree. But if literally cannot throw a ball… i dont know. Patriots v Jets was boring and awful lol

I do agree tho, they are moving it for the fans and safety which is smart

Back