***AFC Championship(Indianapolis at New England) Discussion***

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots - AFC Championship Game</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sun 1/18[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]303 Indianapolis Colts[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="S1_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altS1_5" name="altS1_5" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">+8 -140</option><option value="1">+7 -115</option><option value="2">+7½ -135</option><option value="3">+6½ +105</option></select>[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="M1_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">+250 [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="L1_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o53½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="E1_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o23½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="E3_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u23½ -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]6:40PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]304 New England Patriots[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="S2_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altS2_5" name="altS2_5" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">-8 +120</option><option value="1">-7 -105</option><option value="2">-7½ +115</option><option value="3">-6½ -125</option></select> [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="M2_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-300 [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="L2_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u53½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="E2_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o30 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="E4_5" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u30 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Interesting, imo the team that plays the best defense and keeps the other QB off the field the best wins the game, and I can't predict who that will be. Will be on the dog and lean under as I expect both teams to try to shorten the game.

Pats win by 11

Hope you are correct my man....Pats o line has been suspect for a few games now and Balt came with a very ingenious game plan.....gotta give Harbaugh credit,his blocking schemes were as good as it gets....not sure where all these 8 and 8.5 lines are for these two games....all I am seeing is 7 and an occasional 7.5 on the Seabags....regardless, the Pats are going to bring more effort than the Donks did....Denver was out hustled by Indy by a lot....and Luck (love that guy,he's nails man) was spot on....Pats should be able to get some pressure on Luck and cause some of his throws to be off....he is a gunslinger and Pats should be able to get a pick or two....and I can't see Indy duplicating the effort they just put in....they busted their hump on every play and scratched for every extra yard they could get....kudos to them for their effort....Indy traveled from Indy to Denver and then travel back east to face a disciplined Pats team that will not beat themselves and has one extra day and one less game....Pats always seem to be overvalued but this is one spot where they may be able to pull away in the second half as Indy wears down and makes some mistakes....Pats will try to establish the run but not sure they can....Indy will not have the luxury of an elite QB having an off day two weeks in a row....Qualifier....I am a Homer and will bet the Pats with my heart more than my nitwit brain

"Fortunately, the Luck-era Colts have done a great job of learning from past matchups. Since 2012 the Colts are 12-0 in same-season rematches: 9-0 in the AFC South and 3-0 in the playoffs. One could argue that that record is not as impressive as it sounds. The AFC South has been really bad in that time. In those three playoff wins, the Colts needed a 28-point comeback to beat Kansas City; the Bengals had Andy Dalton and didn't have any receivers or pass rush; andPeyton Manning was struggling with a torn quad on Sunday.

There is also this playoff fact: since 2001 the Patriots are 10-0 against new playoff opponents, but only 9-8 in rematches from the regular season. Since 2005 the Patriots are just 4-8 in playoff rematches, with wins over Eric Mangini's Jets, Philip Rivers playing on a torn ACL, the Tim Tebow-led Broncos, and a Houston team that faded down the stretch. So that's not impressive either. We have seen teams make dramatic turnarounds against New England before, such as the 2010 Jets turning a 45-3 December loss into a 28-21 playoff upset. The 2007 Giants went from allowing 38 points at home in Week 17 to just 14 points in Super Bowl XLII."

Back