2014 NBA Playoffs Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I want to pretty much gather in the first two days as far as sides go. I do have a player prop I like today. I played quite a few player props down the stretch to very good success so hopefully that continues into the post season.

Klay Thompson O19 -115

GL to all!

Thanks gents...

Klay with his usual garbage offensive start but there is time. Just hoping for a few buckets here in 2nd quarter and it will have a chance.

This is going to be a very fun series.

Some quick random thoughts after Day One. The most I saw of a game was the one out at Staples. That series is just getting started and will be real good and start to get fiestier here real soon.

I didn't watch any of Toronto and Brooklyn till the last two minutes. Yardwork yo, lol. I look at the box now and I think the biggest thing was turnovers. The Raps won the boards, shared the ball better and were better from behind the arc. The vets got it done late though for the Nets.

As stated above the series I(and many others) have been excited about is GSW-LAC. My initial lean after the lines moved was over but I got hesitant. If you ask Hunt we have played many a Klay prop the last few weeks and lived and died the ups and downs. I had been playing pts-ast-reb but the only points popped up today. I feel okay with it because he had a lot of opportunities. His defense on CP3 was great and if they keep game-planning like that I wonder if he will wear down. GSW can win this series, I think LAC comes back in Game 2 and hopefully I find some angle on that game but can't wait till series gets to Oracle. That place will be nuts.

I had no lean in Conseco(bankers life, whatever). Who has a clue with these Pacers right now. It seems to me like the Hawks are just loose and having fun out there. Obviously they got the win in Indy few weeks back so have a level of comfort. You have to think Indy responds next game, we'll see. Interesting transformation for the Pacers since the ASG.

I had a notion as I was at work to pop OKC first half. Situationally, it started to make sense to me. But, I stuck with my guns of watching and going from there. Shame on me. Oh well, things happen and congrats to anyone who took Memphis at the half. This is going to be a 6-7 game series still me thinks.

Okay, quick thoughts over. Looking at one angle for tomorrow. Let ya know before Easter Brunch at 1 if it is a go. Congrats to those who had a great day one. I saw some great thoughts on the forum and hope we can continue this and conclude the season in style.

Thanks guys. Just some food for thought. Are some game 2 lines telling? I see one adjustment to a situation and one that doesn't react whatsoever.

Good luck this postseason BAR!

I like Over TT on the Spurs, but just can't pull the trigger.

Have zero feeling on the ATS. I do think that Dallas can fight ATS wise against the Spurs in this series, but will decide if I want to put my money on it, after Game 1.

What sucked was Tim Duncan missing a point blank shot at the end of the 1Q coupled with a Devon Harris 3 ball to end the 1Q. Not sure it would've mattered but everything counts. On it with you, need a good end to this 1H.

Took now Spurs -3.5 (for the game) as well. Dallas plays really good, but Spurs should find a way to win this one.

Well those were two shitty bets. Oh well. Pulling for Dallas outright now for opportunities in Game 2.

also played over san/dal for game and must remember pop plays defense in the playoffs. ughhh.....will remember for next games :)

also played over san/dal for game and must remember pop plays defense in the playoffs. ughhh.....will remember for next games :)

Always learn from mistakes indeed. I luckily fucked around on late-game and somehow won .8 units. So all in all just spent a lil bit this weekend.

I had planned on playing Wiz series but was getting greedy waiting, hoping to be down 0-1. Oh well, see how things are after the next few games.

Houston SERIES +122 1.23 to win 1.50

I like them to win the series. At the same point if my mind changes I may be able to get plus money both ways moving forward.

Last edited:
I also wanted to say thank you to the schedule-makers here. I get one free night a week, and it is Tuesdays and we get 3 EC games. Oh well, got pucks and bases too.

Back