TNT Thursday 2/14/2013 Discussion

MoneyStacks

Pretty much a regular
Divol must be out Raging since there is not a discussion started yet. Just wanted to get some thoughts flowing,

Miami at OKC -4.5 (204.5)

Clippers -3 vs Lakers (199)

I feel like the smart money will be on OKC. First road game for Miami in like 2 weeks. I keep flip-flopping on the LA game. The game tonight doesn't hurt the Clips. It's been a blowout from the getgo. Feel like the Clips energy will be too much for the Lakers in the 2nd half.

Ha. What Are the odds we would create a thread at the EXACT same time. That's ridiculous. Glad to see we're on the same side in OKC though.

Clippers will be playing worst 5 in 7. Why did you see them having more energy?

Chief changes for the Lakers would seem to be
Earl Clark who did not play in the first 2 games
Kobe helping distribute the ball
And the Lakers having a real rest advantage
This is a series where home team has strongly tended to win
Not really understanding Clipper leans.

Do like OKC
Reasoning Playoff revenge and th obvious edge based on them playing off a loss.

Probably shouldd have mentioned Nash being integrated with the team and Dwight somewhat improved.
Lakers early in the season being anything but a winning team
Lakers currently 9-3 last 12 games

Pretty much just assume OKC wins. Some issue as to possible methods to avoid spread issues.

I were sleeping actually. I have Israeli time (-7 hours from yours)...
And why would I be raging??

I will be on the home teams, Thunder and the Lakers. Both should win, though can't say I'm too thrilled to lay that many points against the Heat, so hoping that maybe it will go down to -4 at least...

I were sleeping actually. I have Israeli time (-7 hours from yours)...
And why would I be raging??
just curious divol, do they televise all NBA games for you guys in Israel? or do you have to find it on the internet. i always find it interesting how the world seems to love American sports. well some parts of the world.

A little annoyed. Woke up. Decided to lock in the 3 points and play Lakers ML. Off the board.

just curious divol, do they televise all NBA games for you guys in Israel? or do you have to find it on the internet. i always find it interesting how the world seems to love American sports. well some parts of the world.

I have NBA pass, but we have two ESPN broadcasts (Wednesday and Friday) and 2 - 4 broadcasts by Israeli sports channel. Usually Sunday's early game that is on ABC, Thursday's one of the TNT games and usually 1 - 2 more broadcasts (like double header on Sunday for example).
So I'm covered :)

Clippers will be playing worst 5 in 7. Why did you see them having more energy?

More energy just bc they are younger. And I feel like over the last 2 years they get up for this game more than the LakeShow. But goodcall on 5 of 7, I overlooked that.

Btw, when was the last time, that team losing the Finals, got swept by the team they lost to in the Finals?
I know that Dallas won the Heat 10 times straight since losing to them in the Finals. Lakers won Boston the year after they lost, Boston won in LA when LA beat them, Cleveland won in SA after getting swept in the Finals, Miami trashed Dallas the open day of 2011/12 season, Orlando won the Lakers at home after Lakers won them in the NBA Finals.
I looked back till 05/06 and couldn't find such a case...

Jones btw, is one of the few refs that Lakers have a good ATS record with him as a ref. Really not too many of those...

Clippers love can be justified. Not saying I agree but justified. Lakers 9-3 with victories over no one over that stretch. Blown out by DDs vs two teams with a pulse in Celts and Heat. Won vs Thunder, typical home team ABC TV win. But to disregard a Clipper lean because trends say Lakers play well on Thursdays dating back to 1988 isn't right. 5 in 7 with the deepest bench in league and limited minutes from starts recently too. Paul and Blake Didnt play in some of these 7.

Lakers were favored by 2.5 4 weeks ago and now lay 3 to Clippers. Both in the same exact position. Off blowouts. What's that saying??

Haslem doesn't move lines...
[TABLE="class: num, width: 659"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD="align: left"]Udonis Haslem[/TD]
[TD]F[/TD]
[TD]16:21[/TD]
[TD]1-2[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This is what he did in the game that was in Miami earlier this season...

Lakers with a win will be only 2 games away from the Rockets for the 8th seed.
I think that home teams parlay should be really nice money here...

Haslem doesn't move lines...
[TABLE="class: num, width: 659"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD="align: left"]Udonis Haslem[/TD]
[TD]F[/TD]
[TD]16:21[/TD]
[TD]1-2[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This is what he did in the game that was in Miami earlier this season...

Still a 'big' out for the Heat, dude is worth .5 for presence regardless how small that presence is. Was an educated guess, maybe Walters moved the line ?

Gambling is what it is, Divol...

It's an empty discussion I think.

If you want to have an empty discussion, what do you think of this one:
Dwight Howard (shoulder, back) will bring a Lakers trainer with him to Houston for the All-Star weekend.

The reason for bringing the trainer? Not his rehabbing back and injured shoulder, which fantasy owners wish he would use the break to rest. No, instead Howard said he's trying "to get into better shape." We can't remember a time when a player said they were going to the All-Star Game to get into shape, but maybe Howard will be the first.

I think that if Dwight would have pulled out of the ASG and focused on getting healthier and better, he would have sent one hell of a message to Kobe, Lakers and Lakers fans...

Clippers love can be justified. Not saying I agree but justified. Lakers 9-3 with victories over no one over that stretch. Blown out by DDs vs two teams with a pulse in Celts and Heat. Won vs Thunder, typical home team ABC TV win. But to disregard a Clipper lean because trends say Lakers play well on Thursdays dating back to 1988 isn't right. 5 in 7 with the deepest bench in league and limited minutes from starts recently too. Paul and Blake Didnt play in some of these 7.

Lakers were favored by 2.5 4 weeks ago and now lay 3 to Clippers. Both in the same exact position. Off blowouts. What's that saying??
So the road wins at Detroit (see Miami in that spot) and at Nets were nothing. The home win vs OKC was tiny. OK
Lakers are 13-7 last 20 at home and 7-1 last 8.
Clippers this year as a 3 or less fav 2-9 ATS
Clippers playing b-b 6-7 ATS 8-5 SU
Lakers as an underdog 4-11
Ultimately this stuff is interesting but sticking with reality is better.
I believe if Pau was playing this line would be a joke.
He is not playing.
Lakers despite his loss are steadily improving.
How do you produce steel?
You use FIRE
Lakers with a mass of injuries and changes have spent a lot of time bathing in fire.
If they get to the playoffs talk stops and things get very interesting.

Lakers have one huge problem for this game and that is CP3. I'm saying the obvious, but this is the case.
If CP3 plays like he did the last game between Lakers and Clippers, Clippers will probably roll again.
But this was one of his best games I have seen in Clippers uniform.
Can he repeat such performance? Probably he can, but also probably he won't.

Lakers, with all the trash talks about them, many justified, have found many new ways to play their game. Jamison and Clark should be getting respect. Dwight with all the bashing on him, still provides solid numbers.
Kobe found many ways to contibute, including on defense.
Nash reinvented himself as a shooter and does very nice job.

Bottom line is that while in previous games, Clippers were the more motivated side, Lakers should be like injured animal today.
They don't want to get swept by the Clips and they don't want to go on a break trailing 3 games behind Clippers.

Clippers playing B2B today should really even the energies or even swing them in Lakers favor.

I can see many ways for Lakers to win, but only one for Clips to win and that is for CP3 to go off. If the line would have been -3 for the Lakers, it would have been a different story, but Lakers get very nice odds on a win here and worth a shot imho.

Considering a first half bet. Logic points to it but the extended break after this game is a strong negative. Still thinking.

Head ref Dan Crawford is the same ref that called a foul on OKC everytime LeBron drove in the lane in last season's finals. He also hosed Durant on a number of calls...

Yeah, but I never know how to read such situation. That means that he can try to correct this by giving Thunder a win here or he can continue to call the same way.
I like Dan Crawford, unlike Joey, that simply has to be in a center of attention.

Lakers owner Jerry Buss has been hospitalized because of an undisclosed form of cancer, spending time in the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, according to multiple team personnel.

A Lakers spokesman declined to comment on his condition.

Several current and former Lakers players have visited Buss, including Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O’Neal and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Buss, 79, has been in the hospital numerous times the last two years. He underwent an undisclosed surgery last August and was admitted a month earlier for what the team said was dehydration. He was also hospitalized in December 2011 for blood clots in his leg caused by excessive travel, according to the Lakers.

A report Thursday from radaronline.com said that players were visiting Buss because of “what they expect to be his final days.”

Before his most recent medical issues, Buss continued to take part in decision-making processes for the Lakers.

He weighed in heavily on the hiring of Coach Mike D’Antoni in November and, a few months before that, was eager to meet Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, two high-profile Lakers additions who visited him separately after being acquired.

Buss received a doctorate in physical chemistry from USC but it was a $1,000 investment in a Los Angeles apartment building that ultimately sparked a career in real-estate investment.

In 1979, Buss bought the Lakers from Jack Kent Cooke, along with the Forum, the NHL’s Kings (which he later sold), and a ranch in the Sierra Nevada for a total of $67.5 million.

The Lakers franchise, buoyed by a lucrative TV deal with Time Warner Cable, was recently valued at $1 billion by Forbes magazine. Only one other NBA franchise, the New York Knicks, was deemed more valuable.

The Lakers have won 10 NBA championships since Buss purchased the team and 16 overall, one behind the Boston Celtics.

They are continually among the top-spending teams in player salary, and this season is no different. They have a $100-million payroll, the highest in the NBA, and face luxury-tax penalties of another $30 million in an overwhelmingly disappointing season so far.

There would be another steep financial investment if Howard decided to re-sign with the Lakers after this season. Howard is in the last year of his contract and could sign a five-year, $118-million deal in July to stay with the team.

“When it comes down to it, Dr. Buss is a competitor,” Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said when Howard was acquired in a four-team trade last August. “And when it comes down to a decision about making a couple of dollars or a million dollars or $10 million or putting another banner up, he can’t help himself. He chooses to go for the banner.”

Buss used to be a fixture at Lakers games in his Staples Center luxury suite halfway up the arena behind the team bench, but he had not attended any games this season.

He maintained an extremely low public profile last year, emerging briefly to release a statement through the team when Derek Fisher was traded in a rare cost-cutting move last March.

“Few who have worn the Lakers uniform have done so with as much class as Derek, both on the court and in the community....from his famous 0.4 shot in San Antonio to his clutch performances in the Finals against Orlando and Boston when it mattered most,” Buss said in the statement.

Buss has gradually handed more power to his son, Jim, who oversees basketball operations, and daughter, Jeanie, who is in charge of the business side of the team.

Danny Crawford is the ref that threw out KD in the game vs OKC. Durant told him to go fuck himself apparently. Only time KD has been thrown out

Although Dan Crawford is not the lead Ref tonight it is a valid thing to worry about. Shouldn't be the sole reason to play the heat though

I hope Lakers will ease his pain with a win tonight. Really done amazing work with Lakers franchise!

Not buying the Lakers BS...and don't think the clippers dont want this win to sweep the season series...Lakers do need this win badly...but I see a second half drop out as usual and clippers by 9-11...I'll take OKC/Clip ML parlay and a small play on clippers -0.5 3rd Q

hi guys...will try to catch the 2nd half of the lakers clippers game...ok city was looking forward to this game, only reason that they lost by dd to utah...even though miami has won 5 straight vs them, i like okcity to win..was surprised at the line but i guess vegas is tipping their hand

clippers are a great team but 4th in 5 days for them and i'll take the points with the lakers

ok city and lakers for me

have a good one

Even money for Kobe over 25.5 points? A nationally televised game against their main rivals? I don't think his ego could handle not being in the spotlight, or am I wrong?

:thinking:

Not gemaine but U Mass has gone under 8-1 away

<tbody>
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 100%, align: left"][/TD]

[TD="width: 100%"]

<tbody>
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 12%"]Date[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 25%"]Opponent[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 8%, align: center"]Score[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 8%, align: center"]SU[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 8%, align: center"]Line[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 8%, align: center"]ATS[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1c, width: 10%, align: center"]O/U[/TD]

[TD="class: TSN5, width: 12%, align: left"]02/02/2013[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%"]at Charlotte[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]65-66[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]L [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]+1.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]W [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%, align: center"]U 143 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN1, width: 12%, align: left"]01/30/2013[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%"]at La Salle[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]61-60[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]W [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]+8 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%, align: center"]U 147.5 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN5, width: 12%, align: left"]01/13/2013[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%"]at Fordham[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]77-73[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]-4.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%, align: center"]U 155.5 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN1, width: 12%, align: left"]01/10/2013[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%"]at Saint Louis[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]62-70[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]L [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]+11 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%, align: center"]U 133 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN5, width: 12%, align: left"]01/02/2013[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%"]at Miami-Ohio[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]70-69[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]-4 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%, align: center"]U 146.5 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN1, width: 12%, align: left"]12/29/2012[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%"]at Northern Ill[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]64-59[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]-9.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%, align: center"]U 134 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN5, width: 12%, align: left"]12/04/2012[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%"]at Northeastern[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]72-66[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]-4 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%, align: center"]--- [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN1, width: 12%, align: left"]11/28/2012[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%"]at Siena[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]64-63[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]-7.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%, align: center"]--- [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN5, width: 12%, align: left"]02/29/2012[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%"]at Temple[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]88-90[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]+11.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%, align: center"]O 150.5 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN1, width: 12%, align: left"]02/25/2012[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%"]at Dayton[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]43-76[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 8%, align: center"]+4.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN1, width: 25%, align: center"]U 153 [/TD]

[TD="class: TSN5, width: 12%, align: left"]02/11/2012[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%"]at Saint Josephs[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]62-73[/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 8%, align: center"]+6.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: TSN5, width: 25%, align: center"]U 147.5 [/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]

</tbody>

Last team OKC lost to off a loss - Miami.

Lowest line OKC has laid at home is 5.5, so definitely not Vegas indicating the Thunder as the right side...

Back