emkee

The Truth Is Out There
Regular:

55-48 (+23.42)

Playoffs:

22-20-1 (+9.2)

Overall:

77-68-1 (+32.62)

Not having the greatest playoff run in 2014 but still turning a profit so can't complain.

Really like the Spurs to win the 'ship at first glance. Team is straight super-resilient tough and fought to get here in a fairly stacked Western Conference, Heat on the other hand were a no-doubter from day 1 to rep the East come Finals time.

Perfect soap opera finish here would be SA winning the Finals somewhat forcing LBJ back to Cleveland to snuggle up with all the number 1 picks the Cavs got given by Stern and add some sheen to the shitty state of Ohio. Who knows.

Already have a decent lean for Game 1 but will most likely wait on the ref info before locking it in.

GL all...

:shake:

Strong lean on the home team for Game 1, have it lined at -5 with everything factored in. Will wait on refs and possible line drop although I doubt it matters, considering laying 4.5 at plus money.

Strong lean on the home team for Game 1, have it lined at -5 with everything factored in. Will wait on refs and possible line drop although I doubt it matters, considering laying 4.5 at plus money.

My early lean as well...

If the Meat win one down there it is G2 imo.

^yep.

Looks like the line may go the other way, doubt we'll get better than a flat 4 come gameday. Juiced 4's now popping up at the 'offshores that matter'.

Okay.

Finals Game 1...

Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Spurs ML -172 (5 units to win 2.9)

Last edited:
Some numbers and the like...

Home team in Game 1 of the Finals is 19-6 SU (76%) since the 88/89 season.

Spurs are 10-0 SU in their last 10 Game 1's. LeBron is 0-7 SU (0-4 with Cleveland, 0-3 with Miami) on the road in Game 1 of a series with his teams losing by an average of 12.3 points.

Spurs have never lost the opening game of the Finals. They are 5-0 SU all-time winning by an average of 10.4 points.

A quirky one but the road team has never won back to back Game 1's of the Finals since the NBA and ABA merged in 1976. Spurs won last season's Finals opener in Miami.

Last edited:
A spread bet will be warranted if I see Tony Brothers name on the 'ref assignments' due out tomorrow morning.

I know the numbers don't support it but id feel a lot better if Joey c isn't assigned tomorrow

Thanks man.

Very popular play in Game 1 are the Spurs, hate the steam. Probably gonna have a whole lotta tout love too.

Breaking things down, SA just looks so good in the opener it's scary.

Ref deployments up in 1.5 hours.

[TABLE="width: 763"]
<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Thu, Jun 05Created: Jun 05,2014 08:00 AM ET[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Game[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Official 1[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Official 2[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Official 3[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Alternate[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Miami @ San Antonio[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Scott Foster[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Marc Davis[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Ken Mauer[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]John Goble[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Not the best assignments if you're on the Spurs...

Heat were 4-1 SU (combined) with these guys in the Finals vs the Spurs last season and the Heat are 28-9 SU (combined) during the playoffs in the LeBron era under these refs.

Scott Foster, ftw...

Steve Stevens included

And the other guy.

scared-smiley-face.gif

Touts and refs aside, Coach Popovich is a Game 1 champion. Given time to prepare none come close, if I go down because the FT count is 40-15 in the Meats' favor - then so be it. This is a pristine spot for the Spurs regardless and bet it accordingly.

I bought a bad number with Heat +3.5. I would play the Heat at +5, 3.5 is terrible. Still, I think the extra rest and underdog role are strong for Miami, and they have the best player in the series.

GL.

Heat just don't seem to care too much for Game 1 and still find a way to win playoff series. Think SA will see this as a failure if they don't take the opener, they are a better team than the one that lost in the Finals last season. Miami know SA may blow their load tonight given the season long build-up and may be content to take the first knockdown, realizing it's probably an easier proposition to steal Game 2. Heat play focused playoff basketball much better off a loss than off a win, it's proven.

23-20-1 (+12.1)

Finals Game 2...

An almost auto-play here. Will be popular again but the only option for me in Game 2. Square.

Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Heat +4.5 (2 units)

Would condone a ML play on Miami but will take the 'insurance' just in-case. Heat are proven 'responders' off a loss in the postseason and Coach Spo is the 2nd best 'adjuster' in the league, if tonight's the night they finally go down 0-2 in a series so be it - will bet Game 3 accordingly.

Cramp-gate has given LBJ enough of a chip he should respond like a champion, expecting the dude to go alpha.

Also welcome the ref assignments but who knows with these crooks and their agendas.

Ret...

Feel I've got a decent read on this series, Game 3 will tell. Already have a lean.

Could argue the Heat were a shitty air conditioner and some cramps away from a 2-0 start to the series.

Spurs are the better team, Heat have the best player.

LeBron basically won that game on his own proving 'best team' is overrated in Stern's league which is totally star-driven.

Heat supporting cast are capable unlike that trash he had in Cleveland and only need to hit a timely jumper/outside shot every now and then and have LBJ do the rest in order to 3-peat. Dude is straight unguardable.

Spurs can only win in blowouts, if it's close late they don't stand a chance.

NBA is a talent league and cramps or not, Lebum is still the best on the court

that and some timely plays by the cast of heat characters should be enuff but Pop and crew are solid and deep so this has 7 games all over it

Good hit. I was hoping a +200 would present itself on the ML, but no luck. LeBron beasted out.

Big Al, Smh...

Interesting to note, LeBron has been watching game tape of the 2011/12 Finals series vs the Thunder.

24-20-1 (+14.1)

Locking this in now without seeing the refs, same approach as the opener.

Finals Game 3...

San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat

The play...

Heat ML -179 (5 to win 2.8)

Eating the chalk but Miami should cover, expecting the ML to be on the wrong side of -200 come game day.

If I like the commish deployments I'll throw another unit or 2 on the spread.

Game 2 told me the Spurs still haven't figured things out from the last Finals series which is concerning for my pre-series predictions, fortunately didn't make a series play.

Heat are 11-3 SU in Game 3, the change in the Finals format makes this play even stronger.

Worst possible refs available for the Heat in tonight's game.

McCutchen and Brothers don't hold the torch for Miami.

Heat were 0-2 in the Finals last season when both reffed the same game (Game's 1 and 5). Game 1 was in Miami and it was blatantly obvious who both refs favored.

No spread bet but will hold the ML given the situation favors the Heat.

Back