NBA Playoff Plays (Finals)...

Hard to gauge though BAR, refs in the series opener were very much pro-Heat and the Spurs got the calls. Think these guys will be Spurs-friendly but not enough to warrant a play on SA alone.

Heat need this to get a chance to win in 6, lose tonight and it's going 7 for sure.

Spurs 2-6 ATS on the road this postseason.

Heat are 15-5 ATS at home as the #2 seed in the LBJ era.

Sorry ass read tonight. Spurs now 3-0 vs the Meat in the playoffs with McCutchen and Brothers officiating, SA didn't need them that much tonight but they did their bit and sure as hell weren't buying into the comeback. Pays to wait for the ref assignments, although in Game 4's case I doubt it matters. It is what it is.

Heat ML seems like the game 4 play ...I have sat out last 2 games need to recoup my game 1 loss..

Quick question emkee.......my book has heat to win series at +180....When series was tied 1-1......they had spurs +130.......I know I got bad odds.....but I so wanted the spurs to win that I put down 1 unit on heat to win series so I'll feel better if spurs loses the championship again.....but I now wanted to put 4 more units on heat to win so if they win game 3....I'll play 5 units on spurs at maybe +130 odds again......This way I can have free play.....what's ur opinion on this?.....thanks...

If Heat win Game 4, SAS will be 1.80 to win the series, as they were before the series started.

Quick question emkee.......my book has heat to win series at +180....When series was tied 1-1......they had spurs +130.......I know I got bad odds.....but I so wanted the spurs to win that I put down 1 unit on heat to win series so I'll feel better if spurs loses the championship again.....but I now wanted to put 4 more units on heat to win so if they win game 3....I'll play 5 units on spurs at maybe +130 odds again......This way I can have free play.....what's ur opinion on this?.....thanks...

Divol's right. Spurs will most likely be at -125 or better if the Heat win tonight given the format. Only way you get plus money on SA from here on in is if Miami wins Game's 4 and 5.

Heat ML seems like the game 4 play ...I have sat out last 2 games need to recoup my game 1 loss..

Waiting on refs as a precaution, need some Mauer, Kraken or Foster and a little Ed Malloy or Marc Davis. Would also take a James Capers.

[TABLE="width: 765"]
<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Thu, Jun 12Created: Jun 12,2014 07:00 AM ET[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Game[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Official 1[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Official 2[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Official 3[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTitle"]Alternate[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]San Antonio @ Miami[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Joe Crawford[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Mike Callahan[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Tom Washington[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]John Goble[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Not the best refs for an ATS bet on the Heat.

Finals Game 4...

San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat

The play...

Heat -5 (4 units)

Numbers don't lie regarding the Heat off a postseason loss (13-0 SU, 12-1 ATS since 2012), a virtual auto-play. No way does SA repeat Game 3's near-perfect game nor do they go to the stripe 32 times - Spurs would have beaten anybody the other night, they were that sharp. Refs are so-so. Heat roll or lose straight-up with the latter being extremely unlikely.

:shake:

Last edited:
It will be a blow out. I sold a point and took -6 for half of the wager for 2.11 odds and the rest also -5.
Good luck to us!

Agree because of Crawford. They called it down the middle last game and it wasn't close. They didn't allow Miami to tug on them defensively like they did in Game 2. If no Crawford, I think Spurs win again as they are simply superior on all aspects.

One cause for concern would be the Spurs insane record coming off an impressive offensive performance. Almost 65% against the spread when they play well offensively the game before.

Agree because of Crawford. They called it down the middle last game and it wasn't close. They didn't allow Miami to tug on them defensively like they did in Game 2. If no Crawford, I think Spurs win again as they are simply superior on all aspects.

One cause for concern would be the Spurs insane record coming off an impressive offensive performance. Almost 65% against the spread when they play well offensively the game before.

Winning 2 straight on the road against the defending champs would be an impressive feat either way.

65% pales in comparison to the 92% win rate the Heat have off a postseason loss since 2012.

Heat are also 8-1 ATS (88%) in the LBJ era when trailing in a series.

Personally would need a lot more than 5.5 (+210) to go against Miami in this spot.

92% for a handful of games since 2 years ago? What are they 9-1? The 65% is 3 years post and regular season. Just says they'll be gelling. 92% SU for a team that wins 80% of it's post season games seems about right off a loss. Anything else would mean they didn't win it all.

92% for a handful of games since 2 years ago? What are they 9-1? The 65% is 3 years post and regular season. Just says they'll be gelling. 92% SU for a team that wins 80% of it's post season games seems about right off a loss. Anything else would mean they didn't win it all.

Spurs 24-9 ATS off a road win last 3 seasons where they score 110 or more but that stat equates to only 2-2 ATS in the playoffs with their last game in that spot being a Game 4 loss vs the Blazers. You have to discount the regular season given the dilution of opponent.

What the Heat have done off a playoff loss vs playoff opposition has to deserve credit.

Spurs 2-8 ATS in Game 4 the last 3 seasons (0-4 SU and ATS last 4). Heat 10-5 ATS in Game 4 in the LBJ era (4-0 SU and ATS last 4).

A quirky trend,

The team leading the Finals best-of-7 series 2-1 with the site order HHVV and win order WLW is 1-12 ATS in Game 4 all-time.

Last edited:
I figured majority of the forum would be on Heat tonight, for good reason. I agree Miami is an auto-play. I'm personally waiting on the tout tallies. It appears the consensus sites are fairly split, which I like to see. I don't know how you go against Miami in this spot. And with the new format, this is arguably a must-win tonight and will be a game 7-like atmosphere in MIA.

Bombed out in 2 games with the Meat and their sorry ass efforts. Game 3 was a bad read, Game 4 was a good bet (given the numbers, refs etc) with a real bad result which said a lot about where Miami is at in this series. Both big plays which sucks but that's gambling.

Heat appear to be a beaten team right now. Expecting to play Game 5 accordingly.

fuck im thinking The Heat will not go down like bitches ...they may not win but getting 6 points ....i gotta take that ...i have no feel u know what i mean..

I have stayed away since game 1 luckily so...would be 0-4 this series ...maybe patience pays off ...

Im done with hoops for this season....who knows if Lebron will have cramps or the shits in game 5..

Solid season this year Emkee, thanks again sir ...

peace bro....

Same pro-Heat refs as Game 1 but this time the air con should work for the entire game.

Everyone talks about James cramping and leaving the game... There was another team in that game that no one talks about regarding playing with no ac.. Just because none of their players cramped doesn't mean they were not affected by it..

Heat were up in the 4th quarter of game one before cramp gate. What is heat mental state of mind and will spo mix up the starting 5? Gl em

They were up 2 points and the lead was slipping.

The Spurs are playing FAR better than they were in Game 1. Game 1 the Jazz could have beat them and they still thumped Miami.

Im done with hoops for this season....who knows if Lebron will have cramps or the shits in game 5..

Solid season this year Emkee, thanks again sir ...

peace bro....

Cheers man.

Gonna roll the dice one last time in the Finals.

Finals Game 5...

Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Spurs -5.5 (3 units)

Thoughts in a bit.

:shake:

They were up 2 points and the lead was slipping.

The Spurs are playing FAR better than they were in Game 1. Game 1 the Jazz could have beat them and they still thumped Miami.

Thought I saw them up 7 with about 7 mins to play. Matters not at this point. Interested to see how heat come out to start this game.

Hearing the champs won't go out like chumps, yada yada. Dude, the last 2 games in South Beach weren't even close - straight domination by the Spurs. Period.

Heat may recover but it's extremely telling when you get rolled by double-digits twice in a row on your own floor.

The rot has set in for Miami and 2 days off with a trip to the Alamo won't solve it.

SA got assed last season by the association so why take any chances tonight, this team is a league powerhouse/dynasty and deserve every ounce of credit.

Heat will fight early but the light should be out eventually in the 2nd half. Totally trust the Spurs in this spot not to shit the bed and grab title #5 in the Big Fundamental era with both fucking hands. To reiterate after last season's Finals series bullshit you don't let your first shot at redemption slip and what better way than to send the Meat out in embarrassing fashion.

Spurs 8-2 ATS (7-0 ATS at home) this postseason under this ref crew combined.

Heat 4-6 ATS (0-5 ATS on the road) this postseason under this ref crew combined.

Confused with this post and above?
Is this one based on the whole year?

Foster, Mauer and Davis are very pro-Heat but decided to look at this postseasons results and got the above more recent post.

In the LBJ era the Heat are 28-10 SU in the Playoffs (4-2 in the Finals) under these refs combined.

Thanks man.

55-48 (+23.42)

Playoffs:

25-22-1 (+8)

Overall:

80-70-1 (+31.42)

Flying out to NZ in about 5 hours for my grandma's funeral. Quick recap.

Decent season - so, so playoffs.

Didn't expect the Heat to go out like that but after losing close to 10 units on them in Game's 3 and 4 the writing was on the wall, SA was just that much better.

Have eliminated MLB from my diet for the most part so I'll catch y'all in football. Hopefully the NBA forum is more active next season, should be a crazy off-season that's for sure.

Back