Friday Discussion Thread

Going to go with 1 right now as for today. Going with the Cubs -1.5 runs -105. I know Cubs offense sucks but Canning on the road is brutal. 0-6 with an era over 5.
Also waiting on line for no runs Scored in 1st inning of Detroit game.

Also going with these 2. No runs in 1st Inning of Tigers vs Reds.-115. Not my stat but pulled from someone else. 16 starts by Olson no runs allowed in 1st Inning. Watch today he gets shelled.
Also playing Tigers on the road at even money. Can the Reds continue to ride high after sweeping the Yankees? I think they don't complete the task today.

Going to go with 1 right now as for today. Going with the Cubs -1.5 runs -105. I know Cubs offense sucks but Canning on the road is brutal. 0-6 with an era over 5.
Also waiting on line for no runs Scored in 1st inning of Detroit game.

maybe yesterday was a little breakout for them, or could just been random outlier. i know cards used to be awful bout having one big offensive night then back to scoring 2-3 runs max, not sure bout scrubbies?

i don't think i'm gonna make it across the river before anything but the west coast games so guess i only need to focus on 4 those 4 or so. maybe a chance to play something live who knows?

this is some totally square sucker talk but without capping it at all where they have o's priced feel like why not chase them for a win or 2 this series? only real worry would be a bit a letdown for o's playing packed houses in seattle to playing in the ghost town that is the couple hundred ppl who come to watch the a's! lots of teams fall for that imo. assuming analytics don't like suarez why line being pushed down, while id probably agree he has mostly pitched over his head i'm not sure why anyone would think that means he can't pitch well here? seems to me a guy like him would continue to do pretty well when facing bad offensive teams. there no way i would be taking a's enough to move the price down. in the -170s id prob have ignored, down in the -150 range it make o's tough to pass up assuming we think like prob be similar 2marro and i think it will given the starting pitchers.

There is a song called "Isn't It Ironic"

So, if you call a thread a "discussion" but post your picks in it...does it make it okay not to post your units, record, or juice? Didn't you guys say this is deceiving? Where is the outrage Inspector? Don't you want to know their record/units too?

Rodger the Dodger tracked another person's picks daily, but not once has he posted his own record or units the entire week. Hypocrite and elitist.

Break the Bank loves to say fuck and pussy in every post, and busted another poster's chops about their business, but hasn't given his units/record/juice either.

I won't' post again. You are not worth it. I just wanted you to know I see all your bullshit and what you did to another poster. All week you guys have been posting picks under "discussion" without any accounts on your record or units. Yet, you were all over Pirate.

Isn't it ironic.

I like you V-Cavs. You are solid. This wasn't directed towards you. Discussions are great. I'm all about sharing. I just hate liars and hypocrites.

So, if you call a thread a "discussion" but post your picks in it...does it make it okay not to post your units, record, or juice? Didn't you guys say this is deceiving? Where is the outrage Inspector? Don't you want to know their record/units too?

Rodger the Dodger tracked another person's picks daily, but not once has he posted his own record or units the entire week. Hypocrite and elitist.

Break the Bank loves to say fuck and pussy in every post, and busted another poster's chops about their business, but hasn't given his units/record/juice either.

I won't' post again. You are not worth it. I just wanted you to know I see all your bullshit and what you did to another poster. All week you guys have been posting picks under "discussion" without any accounts on your record or units. Yet, you were all over Pirate.

Isn't it ironic.
We've stated a HUNDRED times now...

We don't care if people post records.

We care that IF you do post, please include prices, units money etc.

This is common sense.

A MLB player touting an 11-6 day when the average price is -150 isn't being truthful.

Again, common sense here. Why is this so hard?

I appreciate you saying that's your final post. The last 6 months have been a shit show here with the Pirate/G Man crew (not all, but a handful).

No thanks.

Isn't it ironic.

It's a casual discussion thread and no one in here is going 7-12 and saying they won big money every day. If you're always going to be betting some sort of pyramid scheme style then you better post your units.

That was the biggest problem for a lot of people.

Nothing wrong with posting plays in discussion threads. I do and I try to communicate my stake by stating a unit. But what's wrong with someone casually stating "I'm playing the Dodgers tonight at -115 on the RL" or something like that?

Isn't it ironic.

That song sucks

Isn't it ironic.

Bank is a million times a better capper than your boy, btw.

It's a casual discussion thread and no one in here is going 7-12 and saying they won big money every day. If you're always going to be betting some sort of pyramid scheme style then you better post your units.

Nothing wrong with posting plays in discussion threads. I do and I try to communicate my stake by stating a unit. But what's wrong with someone casually stating "I'm playing the Dodgers tonight at -115 on the RL" or something like that?
All of this.

I went a lot of years before diving into the deep end and posting threads just posting in the discussion threads. I feel like I knew a lot more back then.

See some Nola/Phillies love but I'm not buying it. Statistically, Fried at Truist vs. Phils significantly better than Nola vs. Braves there, also Fried > Nola at night. It's been noted that Braves not tearing the covers off the balls lately, but I'll take my chances +163 (Bookmaker) laying the 1 1/2. (Disclaimer: Bookmaker forces you to bet action, but with an 8 cent improvement over what I'd otherwise have access to, I'll take my chances there also)

Last edited:
choice of music kinda explains all the misguided anger, i'd say ill miss him but dont even know who the fuck he is.

I think he was a school teacher. I don't trust male school teachers. They all seemed to walk around with their hands in their pockets playing with their change a little too much. High school math / science maybe different. But any other subject - leave that to the women.

year or 2 ago this jays/sea game woulda been a super easy ff under to play. both these starters have really fallen off from being 2 of the best in the game to what they been this year. if both offenses wernt so bad and there seems to be so little scoring in seattle overall id prob think about the over. really hard to justify 3.5/7 based off either pitchers performance this season. castillo has given up at least 2 in 15 his 18 starts, 3+ in 5 of last 6. gausman has given up 3+ in 5 his last 6!! is it really their names or is it a huge indictment of these offenses to have the total here?

last 2 years i woulda pounded gausman ov 6.5 k's 1st thing this morning! now there no way to lay the juice attached to the over even with seattle striking out at a insane clip, just no way to trust him to punch out 7+. this a really tough game to cap. Cal Raleigh had some big numbers vs gausman while he was dominating the league! in 10 at bats he has 4 hits and 3 of those were bombs! maybe a h,r,rbi prop on him but another tough thing to play on any seattle player with the offense being so so stale, can't really count on him coming up with guys on base or getting drove home if he gets on! i suppose this could be a spot to play total bases instead of h,r,rbi.

Isn't it ironic.
If you can't understand the difference between this thread and the one Pirate held, then you are:

......unequivocally not the sharpest tool in the shed and likely just a troll.

year or 2 ago this jays/sea game woulda been a super easy ff under to play. both these starters have really fallen off from being 2 of the best in the game to what they been this year. if both offenses wernt so bad and there seems to be so little scoring in seattle overall id prob think about the over. really hard to justify 3.5/7 based off either pitchers performance this season. castillo has given up at least 2 in 15 his 18 starts, 3+ in 5 of last 6. gausman has given up 3+ in 5 his last 6!! is it really their names or is it a huge indictment of these offenses to have the total here?

last 2 years i woulda pounded gausman ov 6.5 k's 1st thing this morning! now there no way to lay the juice attached to the over even with seattle striking out at a insane clip, just no way to trust him to punch out 7+. this a really tough game to cap. Cal Raleigh had some big numbers vs gausman while he was dominating the league! in 10 at bats he has 4 hits and 3 of those were bombs! maybe a h,r,rbi prop on him but another tough thing to play on any seattle player with the offense being so so stale, can't really count on him coming up with guys on base or getting drove home if he gets on! i suppose this could be a spot to play total bases instead of h,r,rbi.
Fairly easy to include Gausman alt Ks in a parlay. Feels like even if he sucks getting over 5 ks is likely

Gausman has been pitching hurt all year. He was quoted saying "sometimes I feel good, other starts I simply don't". He also has crazy home/road splits, and has been a nightmare at home.

1720216168577.png

Gausman has been pitching hurt all year. He was quoted saying "sometimes I feel good, other starts I simply don't". He also has crazy home/road splits, and has been a nightmare at home.

View attachment 85553
He's getting a K per inning so it really would come down to whether you think he can go 6 against an anemic offense

If you can't understand the difference between this thread and the one Pirate held, then you are:

i think i was pretty nice and mostly supportive in dudes thread, dunno what he mad at me bout?? mfing internet, ppl can't help but be angry at everything, dude seriously mad that we talk bout the games in here?

i think i was pretty nice and mostly supportive in dudes thread, dunno what he mad at me bout?? mfing internet, ppl can't help but be angry at everything, dude seriously mad that we talk bout the games in here?
ya, clearly has no idea what's going on.

See some Nola/Phillies love but I'm not buying it. Statistically, Fried at Truist vs. Phils significantly better than Nola vs. Braves there, also Fried > Nola at night. It's been noted that Braves not tearing the covers off the balls lately, but I'll take my chances +163 (Bookmaker) laying the 1 1/2. (Disclaimer: Bookmaker forces you to bet action, but with an 8 cent improvement over what I'd otherwise have access to, I'll take my chances there also)
Good stuff

Nola fade piques my interest always

Did Skenes 7+, Gausman 6+, Glasnow 7+ at +239

3 pitchers what could go wrong! lol.

skenes is fun to watch w that high octane splitter, afraid he gonna snap his arm in 2 tho! they were talking today bout whether he should be a all star, im like why not? i much rather see him face the best hitters than whoever else they would put in. i'm not gonna cry bout the "more deserving" guy who threw more innings and prob won't even play like the radio guy was! the way mets were swinging and missing at far lessor stuff last series id prob play skenes ov 7.5 by himself.

i really just don't trust gausman, granted seattle running a starter early doesn't seem very likely. i want to play that over but id feel pretty stupid when it 1-0 in 5th! i know the starters performances dont justify the total being this low but dont know if it matters? lol

• Haha
Reactions: KJ

I think all books make the RL an action bet.

Same with totals. If I’m not mistaken, you can only choose the starting pitchers (either or both) when betting the money line.

StL -1.5 -105

Feels like it's about that time to just fade the Nats on the RL at home when we're guaranteed 27 outs

I think all books make the RL an action bet.

Same with totals. If I’m not mistaken, you can only choose the starting pitchers (either or both) when betting the money line.
I think you meant books make RL and totals listed only bets. But yes, with ML you generally have the option to play action, or listed (either or both). For some reason, some time ago Bookmaker stopped the listed option and still doesn't offer it; ML, RL, and totals are all action only there. I think many other books did this also (at least on ML, don't recall specifically about the other two), but quit after a short time and went back to normal. If anyone has a better recollection of this than I do, please chime in.

Last edited:
3 pitchers what could go wrong! lol.

skenes is fun to watch w that high octane splitter, afraid he gonna snap his arm in 2 tho! they were talking today bout whether he should be a all star, im like why not? i much rather see him face the best hitters than whoever else they would put in. i'm not gonna cry bout the "more deserving" guy who threw more innings and prob won't even play like the radio guy was! the way mets were swinging and missing at far lessor stuff last series id prob play skenes ov 7.5 by himself.

i really just don't trust gausman, granted seattle running a starter early doesn't seem very likely. i want to play that over but id feel pretty stupid when it 1-0 in 5th! i know the starters performances dont justify the total being this low but dont know if it matters? lol
That Splinker is my favorite pitch in baseball

I think you meant books make RL and totals listed only bets. But yes, with ML you generally have the option to play action, or listed (either or both). For some reason, some time ago Bookmaker stopped the listed option and still doesn't offer it; ML, RL, and totals are all action only there. I think many other books did this also (at least on ML, don't recall specifically about the other two), but quit after a short time and went back to normal. If anyone has a better recollection of this than I do, please chime in.

Maybe I was confused with your post. You mentioned that BM forces you to bet action on a RL bet. So they do it differently than everyone else, and even if the pitcher gets changed the bet isn't cancelled?

You're right, I meant that RL and totals are listed only, not action.

Maybe I was confused with your post. You mentioned that BM forces you to bet action on a RL bet. So they do it differently than everyone else, and even if the pitcher gets changed the bet isn't cancelled?

You're right, I meant that RL and totals are listed only, not action.
Correct. They force you to bet action on ML, RL and totals. If pitcher is changed, the bet stands, and I believe they adjust your line for the pitching change. Never had it happen, I generally don't bet baseball there.

Correct. They force you to bet action on ML, RL and totals. If pitcher is changed, the bet stands, and I believe they adjust your line for the pitching change. Never had it happen, I generally don't bet baseball there.

Actually I think I kind of like that. I know we, as gamblers, always remember the losses, but feel like I would have done better over the years if a cancelled bet on a RL or total wouldn't have been cancelled. Probably not remembering correctly, hahaha

Isn't it ironic.
Your contributions will be missed

Actually I think I kind of like that. I know we, as gamblers, always remember the losses, but feel like I would have done better over the years if a cancelled bet on a RL or total wouldn't have been cancelled. Probably not remembering correctly, hahaha
Not a bad book. They've been around forever, lay -108 on spreads and totals, graduated dime line on bases day of game. Pretty good place to bet if you don't mind CS being all digital. If interested, PM me, I could get a referral out of it

Last edited:

I don't wish anybody to lose on "picks" or actual bets. However, I'll be the non-PC guy and say the fake bets are based on stale lines nobody can get at time he posts. If you figure in let's say, a conservative -125, he's down enough to not even break even. Imo all he is doing is making "picks" and not actually betting them. I questioned him a week or so ago about a line on the Nats vs Padres. I know for sure his pick or play at time of post is complete horseshit. Unless he can post a valid ticket I've got the goods on this.

Back