Free Agency / Trades / Etc

Now we get to hear how this is great for baseball ignoring the fact that its the same 7 or 8 teams signing all the best players. Sorry but its not good for fans when one player can make more than the entire Oakland A's roster.

Before anyone accuses me of being a shill for small market teams only being in favor of salary caps because it would help the Brewers I will point out that in the other sports I root for big market teams that are conceivably hurt by the cap. I am in favor of salary caps in every sport so its a true competition where every team has the same opportunity to build winning teams. Its a good thing that the Green Bay Packers have been able to keep Rodgers his whole career instead of Jerry Jones being able to buy him for 100 million per season which he would have done if given the opportunity.

Each year I become less interested in baseball knowing only the big market teams have a real chance to win the World Series. When the Mets can have a payroll well over 300 million and Oakland is in the 30s its not much of a sport for fans of small market teams.

Last edited:
Now we get to hear how this is great for baseball ignoring the fact that its the same 7 or 8 teams signing all the best players. Sorry but its not good for fans when one player can make more than the entire Oakland A's roster.

Before anyone accuses me of being a shill for small market teams only being in favor of salary caps because it would help the Brewers I will point out that in the other sports I root for big market teams that are conceivably hurt by the cap. I am in favor of salary caps in every sport so its a true competition where every team has the same opportunity to build winning teams. Its a good thing that the Green Bay Packers have been able to keep Rodgers his whole career instead of Jerry Jones being able to buy him for 100 million per season which he would have done if given the opportunity.

Each year I become less interested in baseball knowing only the big market teams have a real chance to win the World Series. When the Mets can have a payroll well over 300 million and Oakland is in the 30s its not much of a sport for fans of small market teams.

Oakland's manager refuses to sell or build a new stadium

He takes in luxury tax payments and revenue sharing, while choosing to not improve the team

Oakland's manager refuses to sell or build a new stadium

He takes in luxury tax payments and revenue sharing, while choosing to not improve the team
Do you expect the Oakland ownership to pay for a stadium when that is something the state should be paying for. The A's will be moving most likely to Vegas as soon as possible. As for their payroll why should they spend more when they have no chance to compete with Houston and Seattle both of whom will always be able to outspend them by a vast amount.

The idea of a salary cap is so the money is distributed more evenly. Part of this has to be the local tv deals being distributed equally among all the clubs. The small market clubs have nowhere near the revenue streams of the teams like the Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers and that is why they can never have payrolls anywhere near those teams.

There should be a cap accompanied by a floor so the players still get their money but each team has the same chance to win. This model works in the NFL and NHL and it would work in baseball if the local tv rights are equally split among all the teams.

Gurriell not really a huge loss

Hate losing Moreno, hes gonna be a stud, power may never get above the 15ish range, but hes gonna hit for average and a ton of doubles, super athletic for a catcher too. With Jansen and Kirk though, the position is in good shape so moving from an area of strength

Varsho is good, nice power and speed, Jays defense should be great this year, 4 years of control

Hope varsho can get that average up a tiny bit, but lefty power bat is what they need and he should be a 25+ guy especially with the lineup protection hes gonna have . 4.6 WAR last year

Jays are having a great offseason, rotation may be best in the league, dont think anyone off the top of my head matches Manoah, gausman, berrios, and bassitt

Gurriell not really a huge loss

Hate losing Moreno, hes gonna be a stud, power may never get above the 15ish range, but hes gonna hit for average and a ton of doubles, super athletic for a catcher too

Varsho is good, nice power and speed, Jay's defense should be great this year

Hope varsho can get that average up a tiny bit, but lefty power bat is what they need and he should be a 25+ guy especially with the lineup protection hes gonna have

Jays are having a great offseason, rotation may be best in the league, dont think anyone off the top of my head matches Manoah, gausman, berrios, and bassitt
Mariners and Jays right now for rotation imo

Naturally Houston will chime in and Yanks got the stud lefty they needed

Mariners and Jays right now for rotation imo

Naturally Houston will chime in and Yanks got the stud lefty they needed
Ya yanks have the top 2 guys but dont like their depth as much as jays and good shout on mariners, with kirbys ascension they are up there

Reactions: KJ
Not a fan of this trade at all for Toronto. I know they have catching depth but Moreno who is supposedly a top 10 ranked prospect in the sport should have landed a better return than Varsho.

And now Correa is going to stay with the Twins after all? Lol, what in the actual fuck?

Looks like he’s getting 42.5 million more than he would have with Mets for the first 6 seasons (all the Mets were willing to guarantee). The Twins deal can max out at 270 million over 10 years, the Mets were guaranteeing 6 and then conditionally guaranteeing another 6.

Last edited:
Back