• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

2024 Free Agency and Trades Discussion

Fascinating stuff going on in Pittsburgh. Maybe Artie Smith is going to install the single wing or something so he can have both QBs on the field. Maybe Tomlin will get rid of the headsets and just alternate QBs play by play like Tom Landry used to do with Staubach and Morton.

Fields is on year 4 of his rookie deal, and his option for year 5 is about $25 million. He has no chance in hell of seeing that money. Steelers are operating with two rentals at QB and no commitments for 2025. What an odd situation. This fanbase is so fickle with their QBs it has a high possibility of being a weekly shitshow.

Seems like a great way to deflect from drafting a QB this year

Obv next year is a weaker class but there's no indication that Tomlin plans to stay another year and they aren't giving away anything really. This is actually the ideal situation for what rambler was alluding to. You have Russ and if Fields ends up being that guy, maybe you don't pick up the option but you have the flexibility to work out a 3 year deal. If not, see ya and draft QB1 next season, maybe bring one of these two back for another year after declining the option.

If I’m the Chargers, I’m on the phone with NE trying to get from 5 to 3. NE will still be able to get the QB they’re getting at 3 anyway, and this was the Chargers can get Marv Jr, because he’s going to AZ otherwise. I would’ve done this before Allen left and Williams likely will, but with them gone it seems to be an even more pressing issue.

AZ isn’t taking a QB, so barring someone trading with AZ the Pats will obviously get the same guy at 5 that they will at 3.

The market on QBs fell sharply this spring. One could say Fields got caught in the wash. The fact that he’s projected as the backup to Mr Unlimited suggests the higher picks were based more on his fantasy production than real life production.

Couple local guys saying that the Cards are in talks with the Vikings about a trade, we know Minny is desperate for a QB if one falls to them.

Poles fucked up big time. If knew was always moving on from Fields you take best offer early. Even if its not what you expected. Every ball did not bounce their way in FA, etc and all suitors said bye fast.

Poles got lucky with Panthers deal working out this way but hes also messed up FA, claypool trades, others. Jury still out but a future 6th for a QB of Fields potential is wild.

Poles fucked up big time. If knew was always moving on from Fields you take best offer early. Even if its not what you expected. Every ball did not bounce their way in FA, etc and all suitors said bye fast.

Poles got lucky with Panthers deal working out this way but hes also messed up FA, claypool trades, others. Jury still out but a future 6th for a QB of Fields potential is wild.
No matter what you think of Fields and I don't think much the Bears surely mismanaged the situation.

13 mill seems high. Maybe not anymore. We sure need a pass rush, guess we will see what he’s got. Jury out

Never topped 1000 yards

td count is 3, 0, 6, 2

Steve smith fully humbled him last year with his JAG comment
I do think if anything can fire a player up it's getting called out like that and change of scenery should only help. Knowing how vital WRs are at this point (at least when it comes to contracts) I don't think it's much of an overpay, change of scenery and playing along Amari should be a big plus.

I do think if anything can fire a player up it's getting called out like that and change of scenery should only help. Knowing how vital WRs are at this point (at least when it comes to contracts) I don't think it's much of an overpay, change of scenery and playing along Amari should be a big plus.
He didnt get better after the comment

Hes never been good in the nfl, its 4 years now of him being an average 2nd option

Hes getting mike Evan's money

Hes not mike Evan's

He didnt get better after the comment

Hes never been good in the nfl, its 4 years now of him being an average 2nd option

Hes getting mike Evan's money

Hes not mike Evan's
What did Evans get? I don't have a clue what's happened with him

#2 WRs will be getting $10/mil per sooner than later

Guess I don't see it nearly as poorly as you guys do, more about the QB in Cleveland though

Here's the list...

And obviously it's not the Russell Wilson from 10 years ago. He is currently a shell of himself and bottom half QB in the league.

Again, not saying Jeudy is a top 10 receiver in the league, but he certainly hasn't been done any favors by the Broncos and their QB situation.

#2 WRs will be getting $10/mil per sooner than later

Guess I don't see it nearly as poorly as you guys do, more about the QB in Cleveland though
A qb they already have an insane contract on

Maybe they had to overpay, with new media money cap is skyrocketing

Just seems weird to build your offense around amari and jeudy catching the ball

Amari was a 1, hes now a decent 2 paid like a 1

Jeudy never been a 1, right now hes an average 2

Look who threw dj moore the ball last year

1360 yards 8 tds

On basically same contract

Whos thrown mclaurin ball last 4 years

Topped 1000 every year

Making 2m a year more annually that jeudy getting

Jakobi myers had 8 tds last year and 800 yards, better than jeudy

His qbs were jimmy g and AOC and he was 2nd option behind devanta, who took up 175 targets

He signed a 3 year deal making half of what jeudy is getting last summer

You must really hate Jerry Jeudy lol

On to basketball, that contract won't lose me any sleep. Hope he sucks and proves your point.

Zeitler was a sneaky nice one year signing for the Lions and wow does Baltimore almost have no choice but to go offensive line in the first round.

Despite all their free agent signings the Jets really need to take advantage of this deep offensive line class in the draft and pick one in the first round. Even if they are lucky and Tyron plays most of the games they desperately need a young left tackle. Yes picking a receiver is the splashier move but I wouldn't go in that direction and I sure as hell wouldn't pick a tight end that high.

Despite all their free agent signings the Jets really need to take advantage of this deep offensive line class in the draft and pick one in the first round. Even if they are lucky and Tyron plays most of the games they desperately need a young left tackle. Yes picking a receiver is the splashier move but I wouldn't go in that direction and I sure as hell wouldn't pick a tight end that high.
Crazy that Pitts was supposed to revolutionize the position.

Hearing aaron is pushing for Bowers

Or moving up for one of the receivers, send next years first he was overheard yelling at the team after his latest ayahuasca trip

The Patriots should trade out of their position and accept that its a 3-5 year rebuilding job that no QB can overcome. Its arguably the worst roster in the league with what looks to be a terrible coaching staff. Then again I hope they pick a QB and get ready to lose double digit games forever.

The Patriots should trade out of their position and accept that its a 3-5 year rebuilding job that no QB can overcome. Its arguably the worst roster in the league with what looks to be a terrible coaching staff. Then again I hope they pick a QB and get ready to lose double digit games forever.
They are the perfect example of this. Most teams that need a QB really are needing one urgently with the teams they already have, NE isn't one of those. The strength of this class likely will have teams overpaying to get a QB because next year's class is so weak. Basically teams are either in a draft now or wait a couple years and the Pats have the "luxury" of not really being in that position.

They are the perfect example of this. Most teams that need a QB really are needing one urgently with the teams they already have, NE isn't one of those. The strength of this class likely will have teams overpaying to get a QB because next year's class is so weak. Basically teams are either in a draft now or wait a couple years and the Pats have the "luxury" of not really being in that position.
The Patriots roster is so weak that any QB is going to have an uphill battle to develop at all. Besides all this talk of how the next draft is so weak at QB is a bunch of nonsense. I remember how bad the QBs were supposed to be the year that Mahomes and Watson were picked and that turned out to be wrong.

If New England is really high on whoever is there when they pick go with the guy but I don't see the 3rd QB in this draft being a sure thing and that roster is trash.

Jets are really going all in with the one year signing of Mike Williams. I fully expect it to turn into a disaster but it will certainly be interesting to watch.

Jakobi myers had 8 tds last year and 800 yards, better than jeudy

His qbs were jimmy g and AOC and he was 2nd option behind devanta, who took up 175 targets

He signed a 3 year deal making half of what jeudy is getting last summer
Meyers is not better than Jeudy. They're two different types of receivers. Meyers is a contested catch guy. Jeudy is a separation route runner, similar to Cooper actually, or Diontae Johnson. The Browns have two guys that know how to get open, which will be a huge help to Watson. Plus a huge target in Njoku. They have great potential provided those four can all stay on the field. They injury issues are a concern.

Guys that can create separation in their route running SHOULD get better contracts. They take pressure off their QB by giving them easy throws.

Jets are really going all in with the one year signing of Mike Williams. I fully expect it to turn into a disaster but it will certainly be interesting to watch.
A nice complement to Garrett Wilson. The offense should be gangbusters in September and October. Hopefully Rodgers, Ty Smith and Williams are still on the field in November. I'm not holding my breath though.

Meyers is not better than Jeudy. They're two different types of receivers. Meyers is a contested catch guy. Jeudy is a separation route runner, similar to Cooper actually, or Diontae Johnson. The Browns have two guys that know how to get open, which will be a huge help to Watson. Plus a huge target in Njoku. They have great potential provided those four can all stay on the field. They injury issues are a concern.

Guys that can create separation in their route running SHOULD get better contracts. They take pressure off their QB by giving them easy throws.
Whos the 2nd guy?

I never said he was better, just that jeudy is overpaid based on 4 years of lackluster production

Whos the 2nd guy?

I never said he was better, just that jeudy is overpaid based on 4 years of lackluster production
Won't they have both Amari Cooper and Jeudy? That's a pair that can both beat their coverage regularly. I miss having Cooper on the Cowboys. He's like a basketball player than can create his own shot. Cooper can create his own space to be open. With a see it/throw it guy like Dak you need guys that get themselves open. I think Watson is similar.

You said Meyers production was better, but players are paid based on future expectations, not just past results. Jeudy can play to a higher ceiling than Meyers just because of his route running skill.

Amari Cooper has often been regarded as the best, or one of the best route runners in the league since he was drafted. You are spot on here with your assessment of Cooper and Jeudy.

Won't they have both Amari Cooper and Jeudy? That's a pair that can both beat their coverage regularly. I miss having Cooper on the Cowboys. He's like a basketball player than can create his own shot. Cooper can create his own space to be open. With a see it/throw it guy like Dak you need guys that get themselves open. I think Watson is similar.

You said Meyers production was better, but players are paid based on future expectations, not just past results. Jeudy can play to a higher ceiling than Meyers just because of his route running skill.
Amaris the 1

jeudy is being paid like a top 15 receiver when hes not

For the browns especially with the deshaun money, they need to find players on good deals, I dont know if paying this much for jeudy was the right call

Maybe it works out, I just dont see it, after 4 years hes likely shown who he is, I doubt there are many examples of players who dont catch tds or top 1000 yards who end up being worth this deal

Back