• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

2024 Free Agency and Trades Discussion

Sounds like this is for a second rounder? I actually like the move for both teams. I think he’s probably a cancer in the locker room and it’s the right time to get rid of him, but a huge pick up for Houston.

Bills get a 2025 2nd rounder
Texans get Diggs plus a 2024 5th and 2025 6th rounder

When you consider that a draft pick one year out is typically valued a round lower in terms of present value, and when you add in the picks going to Houston, Diggs was valued at a 2024 low 3rd/high 4th. Tough call. On the one hand that looks pretty cheap for a 4 time pro bowl WR. On the other hand Diggs is 31, his trade frees up a lot of cap space that Buffalo really needs, and Allen sort of showed in the 2nd half of the year that he could still be Josh Allen without using Diggs all that much. In the last 8 weeks of the season Diggs caught 37 balls for 349 yards and 1 TD, yet the Bills went 6-2 scoring over 26 points a game. In that time Allen alone rushed for 300 yards and scored 9 TDs.

I wonder if this is hinting at something with Tank Dell and his recovery from injury. Maybe he's not available right away. Otherwise the Texans are loaded.

Bills Homer

Thinks it's a trash trade
.Still counts 31m towards the cap in dead space....

Maybe Diggs really did want out LOL ..

Don't think the BILLS miss him much thou ...

Bills get a 2025 2nd rounder
Texans get Diggs plus a 2024 5th and 2025 6th rounder

When you consider that a draft pick one year out is typically valued a round lower in terms of present value, and when you add in the picks going to Houston, Diggs was valued at a 2024 low 3rd/high 4th. Tough call. On the one hand that looks pretty cheap for a 4 time pro bowl WR. On the other hand Diggs is 31, his trade frees up a lot of cap space that Buffalo really needs, and Allen sort of showed in the 2nd half of the year that he could still be Josh Allen without using Diggs all that much. In the last 8 weeks of the season Diggs caught 37 balls for 349 yards and 1 TD, yet the Bills went 6-2 scoring over 26 points a game. In that time Allen alone rushed for 300 yards and scored 9 TDs.

I wonder if this is hinting at something with Tank Dell and his recovery from injury. Maybe he's not available right away. Otherwise the Texans are loaded.

Unfortunately that cap space won’t be freed up this year, as the Bills are still on the hook for the $31M dead cap number.

I guess you’d have to eat some cap space at some point, but the fact they waited too long, and weren’t able to get Houston to take some of that money is wild. Unless they have another move planned to get Higgins or maybe Aiyuk (although SF said he’s not available), I’m not sure how this move is a good one for the Bills for the upcoming season.

Unfortunately that cap space won’t be freed up this year, as the Bills are still on the hook for the $31M dead cap number.

I guess you’d have to eat some cap space at some point, but the fact they waited too long, and weren’t able to get Houston to take some of that money is wild. Unless they have another move planned to get Higgins or maybe Aiyuk (although SF said he’s not available), I’m not sure how this move is a good one for the Bills for the upcoming season.

ODD timing trade, right???
Wonder if he demanded a trade ASAP , or the BILLS just wanted to part ways before the draft ?

..Diggs didn't appear to be as involved down the stretch ..Almost like Brady already designing the offense for life without Diggs, and run blocking Gabe Davis in mind when it came to targets.
Drops, and sloppy routes were real ugly vs KC.

.31m in dead cap space is tough for any gm to swallow ....Beane has a ton of draft capital rn to move up (10 picks) for a wr if desired.( extra 2nd ny) Perfect draft on paper to need WR'S ..

This was crazy for MOST of BILLS MAFIA to see today ..For me personally it's weird that one of Diggs barber's just said Stefon kept saying the BILLS would have beat KC if the defense wasn't decimated, and how excited he was for next season with the young wr's/Te's a year older , called Curtis "the weapon", has long said that once Justin Shorter was healthy he'd be the BILLS DEEBO .... Of course a barber's word is hearsay, especially 2nd hand on the inter web thou lol..

Kincaid,Samuel,Shakir, Knox,Cook are going to be solid no matter who they put next to them imo ..

Last edited:
Any chance they move up and grab one of maybe odunze or nabers?
That's the only way this makes sense. Getting more draft capital to send a package deal, move up and get a #1 wr on a rookie contract.

Grabbing Higgins or Aiyuk is NOT the move they'd be back up against the cap even worse next year.

While Diggs is far from washed he's 31 and it's a business. I don't think he's a locker room cancer & tend to think the media blew most of it out of proportion. Writing was on the wall though he had a very telling interview (can't remember who the lady who did it was) but I think everyone knew he was gone.

Beane gets way too much credit to me. He landed Allen and has had some solid drafts, but some serious misses too. I remember being one of the only people who was worried about the Von Miller pickup. Now he essentially gave up drafting Jefferson to have Diggs for 4 years...yikes. Throw in the deonte Harty 1 year rental that had a 3.7 mil cap hit last year/1.7 this year for one big play on the season.

Considering what Keenan Allen went for the Bills did ok getting a 2nd rounder. When you factor in the dead cap space it's a wash. Bills had zero chance of landing a wr#1 in free agency they are now only 3 mil under cap....

I'm fine with them giving up next year's 1st/2nd hell maybe more just to get Odunze.

6th round pick?

That's wild.
Its not even that much. The Jets threw in a 7th and are paying half his salary. I like this move for Denver getting a talented guy for nothing and this is a dream scenario for Zach going from the worst offensive staff in the league to getting coached by Sean Payton.

As for the Jets they are banned from ever drafting another QB until they hire an offensive head coach. Hackett shouldn't be within 10 miles of any young QB.

Now he's turned down a trade to the Browns as well. Cleveland offered Amari, a 2nd and a 5th. Crazy how much leverage he has without a no-trade clause.
He'll wind up on the Jets somehow when they get desperate to add yet another name player.

If the Steelers are comfortable enough to trade for and sign Aiyuk to a long term deal I have to believe they must be way more comfy with Russ as the trigger man than I imagined. Can't see any way they commit that much to a WR before committing to a QB1 longer term than just this season.

Back