2024 Free Agency and Trades Discussion

Steelers QB Room - Russell Wilson on a 1 year deal........that's it
Steelers WR Room - George Pickens, Calvin Austin, Dez Fitzpatrick, Denzel Mims, Deuce Watts

According to Spotrac the Steelers are spending $146 million on defense and $60 million on offense. No other team in the league comes close to that kind of disparity.
If the Steelers had hired someone good as OC and not Arthur Smith I would suggest Zach Wilson who I want to see with a good coach as a reclamation project. Still have no idea what the hell Tomlin was thinking with that hire.

The Steelers have long had a history of scapegoating and dumping 1 player or coach as the reason for their failures. This year they've dumped their OC, their full QB room and their leading receiver. They also paid big money for an ILB for the first time in a long time, recognizing the way the Cards and Patriots beat them in consecutive weeks by throwing to the TE and RBs. I don't know if their moves are winning moves but they certainly have the fan base excited.

As far as Fields, he's in his last year unless a team is willing to pick up his $25 million option. It would be totally bizarre to see a team first sign a QB for the vet min to be your starter and then trade for another QB and pick up a $25 million option next year to cool his heels for a season.

The Steelers have long had a history of scapegoating and dumping 1 player or coach as the reason for their failures. This year they've dumped their OC, their full QB room and their leading receiver. They also paid big money for an ILB for the first time in a long time, recognizing the way the Cards and Patriots beat them in consecutive weeks by throwing to the TE and RBs. I don't know if their moves are winning moves but they certainly have the fan base excited.

As far as Fields, he's in his last year unless a team is willing to pick up his $25 million option. It would be totally bizarre to see a team first sign a QB for the vet min to be your starter and then trade for another QB and pick up a $25 million option next year to cool his heels for a season.
Are people on the radio excited? I’m not excited ar all

The comments were pretty spot on, he has a knack for running into a pass rush instead of away from it.

Are people on the radio excited? I’m not excited ar all
Yes. Most had written off Pickett when he got hurt last year and Rudolph came right in and led them to wins. They see Wilson as a super bowl winner even though it was many years ago.

Eagles were in negotiations for Fields but the price was too high, hence Pickett. ESPN Chicago radio

Yes. Most had written off Pickett when he got hurt last year and Rudolph came right in and led them to wins. They see Wilson as a super bowl winner even though it was many years ago.
Weren’t the Steelers 7-4 when Kenny went down

I just don't know who wants to trade much in asset without more than a year of control, it makes no sense unless that option is going to get picked up by someone
Still a low price for the potential. And if you get him in the door and love him, you exercise option. If not… a 3rd aint much for potential + high end backup

Everyone is just playing waiting game, they will end up releasing him, someone can get him for free and avoid that poison pill option

He doesnt want to be in the building with caleb, and caleb definitely doesnt want him there

Agents will make sure poles is well aware

Weren’t the Steelers 7-4 when Kenny went down
They were, but they lost the game he went down to 2-10 Arizona, so 7-5. And at that point he had thrown six TDs. That's a TD pass every other game. Everyone at that point was blaming Canada, but then he gets fired. And the truth of the matter is it was still Canada's offense being used when Rudolph came in after Trubisky washed out, just with a new play caller. And all of the sudden, the offense looked average, which was a huge improvement. When Tomlin kept Rudolph in there even after Pickett was healthy, the fan base seemed to turn on Kenny. There were rumors that he refused to be listed as the backup against Seattle because he thought he should get the starting job back. Then you get a name guy in Wilson for a song and you know Tomlin is going to elevate him and so the transformation to heel for Kenny was complete.

Steelers are in a tough spot now. They need another QB, a WR and a center. Guess what their first three picks are gonna be? There are rumors of signing a veteran (read OLD) WR, but does a Corey Davis or Tyler Boyd move the needle? They're going to spend to the cap with no QB money in the budget and no future beyond this year. This is a new look for the most conservative franchise in the league.

Is a good o line

In between debate prep and rfk jr rallies, rodgers gonna have tons of time in the backfield

If that line plays 3 games together it will be a lot. This is probably the best draft for offensive linemen in years and the Jets are going to stupidly pass on Fashanu so they can overdraft Bowers when a tight end is not what you draft that high.

I hate the thought of passing on a much needed offensive lineman in this draft but I can't argue with Tyron on a one year deal. Its doubtful he stays healthy but its a risk worth taking.

Is Stephon Diggs on the move? And could he going to Dallas to keep his brother from impregnating half the Dallas/Fort Worth population?

LOL

It's cheaper to keep him , trade would cost the BILLS 31M in dead cap space, while keeping him costs 28m ..

The local media mainly that TWAT waffle Maddy Glabb are pathological liars ( she already admitted this and apologized)..They love making up negative stories to feed the national media about DIGGS ...Dude loves it here , spends most of the off season here working out with young wrs , attending HS sporting events and speaking to troubled youths and kids with cancer.

His brother needs to get snipped ..Dude is going to break Travis Henry's record ..

Lots of steam in Chicago they are trading out of #1. Still QB and/or MHJ on table. Could see them even trading up from 9 to get QB along with MHJ.

Need to get to 1 or 2

I dont see Washington moving out though, and hes not getting past 2
I feel like Washington wants Maye at this point so they could swap w/NE I guess. Don't think Kliff wants Daniels. Obviously there's always a bunch of smoke around what we see right now but have read a bunch on the staff and Maye communicating regularly, not like they have to posture at this point for him.

I feel like Washington wants Maye at this point so they could swap w/NE I guess. Don't think Kliff wants Daniels. Obviously there's always a bunch of smoke around what we see right now but have read a bunch on the staff and Maye communicating regularly, not like they have to posture at this point for him.
That's what I was thinking originally, would make a trade with the Pats easier, but all the mocks I see now have Daniels going 2

That's what I was thinking originally, would make a trade with the Pats easier, but all the mocks I see now have Daniels going 2
Yeah guess the last couple days they've taken more a liking to Daniels, which now that could make it all poker

Back