Are The Pelicans Gonna Suck?

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
I wanted to get the NBA guys' here at CTG take....AD is very good, and I think Boogie to be good also.
Let's say Jrue is decent as well....and then the rest of the guys ok..

Is this shit gonna work? It seems like every other team that has success does this a different way w/o your best guys being the 2 huge guys...

I'm definitely not sold on the coach, as Gentry just seems like a re-tread....don't even know what the players think...

I know the NBA these days is a "team up and let's go get it" league.....and I realize like 3-4 teams have a realistic chance at the title.......but will the Pels even been competetitive and more than an 8 seed at best ?

1. Golden State
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Minnesota
5. Houston
6. Oklahoma City
7. Utah
8. New Orleans-Portland-LA Lakers-Dallas-Memphis

13. Clips
14. Phoenix
15. Sacto

Alvin is a good guy. He is not a good coach. Solid assistant.

I need to look at that team more to see the surrounding parts.

Boogie and AD can play together. Healthy AD is an MVP candidate.

Alvin is a good guy. He is not a good coach. Solid assistant.

I need to look at that team more to see the surrounding parts.

Boogie and AD can play together. Healthy AD is an MVP candidate.
But where does it get us?

Seems like the "Twin Tower" winner days are over.....that brand doesn't work

Every now and again it will sneak up like Memphis prime a few years back, but just seems different now

This team has been a 30ish win group with really 0 depth and slow old guards.

They’ve added a ton in terms of quality minutes with Rondo, Clark, Crawford, and Allen.

Bold, Denver 3 and LAC 13.

But where does it get us?

Seems like the "Twin Tower" winner days are over.....that brand doesn't work

Every now and again it will sneak up like Memphis prime a few years back, but just seems different now

There’s also 96 minutes to be played/game at the 4/5. No reason either should be playing together more than 12-15 minutes a game.

Last edited:
Bold, Denver 3 and LAC 13.

There’s also 96 minutes to be played/game at the 4/5. No reason either should be playing together more than 12-15 minutes a game.
so they shouldn't be on the floor together the majority of the time?

I think boogie is gone by end of the year and they shouldn't take AD in the summer while he still has max value

He's not re-signing

so they shouldn't be on the floor together the majority of the time?

No, they will and like BAR says they should go well because of their range and passing ability. But I’m just saying there’s 2 positions for them to eat as many minutes up as they want. But they’ll be rotated so that one should always be on the floor.

They probably beat or at the very least cover vs the Dubs tonight.

For their failings, I give 88% of the blame to Gentry.

Twink you know what's back tomorrow right

Tha sixxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jemele back

1LxmyhD.gif

1- Rajon Rondo.....Jameer Nelson

2- Jrue Holiday....Ian Clark/Tony Allen/DeAndre Liggins(10-day)

3- E'Twuan Moore...Darius Miller/Solomon Hill

4- Anthony Davis....Dante Cunningham

5- DeMarcus Cousins....Omer Asik/Alexis Ajinca

So.....the starting 5 ain't that bad right? In fact,some nice names there. Depth isn't great, but what you gonna do.
I know I know but the ASG will feature their 4-5 positions.

This team gonna be what? The 7 or 8 seed? Why doesn't this work? Is the game not this way where you have your 4 and 5 as your best players? AND they have range? OR does your 5 just not play down low well enough?

The coach sucks I think.......I know it ain't THAT SIMPLE, but it's definitely a good chunk of it.

What gives?!

Coach is awful. Team needs to be elite defensively so it can take advantage of easy buckets and rebounding edge. He’s just over his head.

AD to the Warriors? Wow. I mean, if I’m NO and he’s told me he won’t resign in a couple years I would consider Thompson, Bell, and 3 years of 1st round picks. A team of Jrue Thompson and Boogie wouldn’t be too shabby. But the focus needs to be on the coach.

What's the point of 3 picks at 29/30

They can do way better than that for davis

3 1st round picks value at around 6 million bucks so it would help match the deal up.

I don't think you can get a superstar of Klay's caliber back in any deal.

Klay a top 10 NBA asset.

3 1st round picks value at around 6 million bucks so it would help match the deal up.

I don't think you can get a superstar of Klay's caliber back in any deal.

Klay a top 10 NBA asset.
Love Klay but he is not a superstar. He is an all star performer.

I love Klay but he's not top 10

I don't know if he's top 20

Can he even be the 2nd best guy on a team that can win the title?

Back