AFC Divisional Round: Bengals vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Cinci was going to win that game going away and I was on Buffalo. Just think a lot has changed since then.

Can’t disagree, I loved cincy that game, def more so than I do now, could be I still don’t view this game as differently as I should? replacing 3 lineman a lot tougher than 1 or 2, especially with both tackles now down! I still love the bengals d, still have tons of confidence in Burrow being able to make throws to those weapons, I’d assume the tackle who came in last week and got abused will be a little better, I don’t think bills d as big a problem as ravens was for them. I dunno, burrow Is very brsdy to me in bunch of ways, most in the fact It took me getting burnt by both just one season before learning my lesson and jumping on board! Think I’ll prob be backing Burrow in these games a lot the next decade, in Joe Cool I trust, lol.

Waiting to see if Phillips or Daquan Jones are going to be a go. It's prob the biggest reason why I would be hesitant to lay over 2.5 pts with Buffalo. If they don't generate an interior pass rush Burrow will eat them alive because as we all know you can't blitz Joe Cool. Bills D def a bend but don't break & will capitalize on mistakes, if any.

Waiting to see if Phillips or Daquan Jones are going to be a go. It's prob the biggest reason why I would be hesitant to lay over 2.5 pts with Buffalo. If they don't generate an interior pass rush Burrow will eat them alive because as we all know you can't blitz Joe Cool. Bills D def a bend but don't break & will capitalize on mistakes, if any.

Daquan out, Philips in…what ya think lex?

I took bungals over 20.5. Just not a believer in the Buffalo D at all. Bengals O looks bad against the Ravens? Well yeah, that's a div opponent that prob is the best D in the NFL. Buffalo ain't them.

Michigan -330 live / Buffalo -245 = -122 to win 8u

Closing a -290 with Buffalo -245 3u risk

I got a small parlay that pays bout 5x needing cincy ml to close, at least I didn’t have to commit much for decent payout on them, lol. Then I did cincy+6/niners-3 today, I’m not as confident in cincy as ya’ll are on bills, just a bummer bout their oline or I prob would be. I really thought they were the best all around team in afc before the lineman started dropping like flies, now I’m not so sure but not willing to bail completely. At least ya’ll win if I lose :)

Daquan out, Philips in…what ya think lex?

Thought Phillps was in the running for Defemsive player of the game several times when he was in the rotation..

Phillips never gives up on the play , he's very dangerous over the middle on short completions...He was hammering te/wr/rbs in the Rams,Titans , Packers games ...
Seems to wear out the OG/C in 2nd halves ..

Thought Phillps was in the running for Defemsive player of the game several times when he was in the rotation..

Phillips never gives up on the play , he's very dangerous over the middle on short completions...He was hammering te/wr/rbs in the Rams,Titans , Packers games ...
Seems to wear out the OG/C in 2nd halves ..

I meant to ask you this in thread you started but don’t think I ever did: Do you think there a huge financial difference/incentive for nfl to have the afc championship in atl opposed to cincy at kc? I seriously have no clue but most seem to think refs gonna lean bills way.

The more I think about it the more I’m thinking this ends up being a Bills win but Bengals ats cover. Maybe a 3 pt win?

I took bungals over 20.5. Just not a believer in the Buffalo D at all. Bengals O looks bad against the Ravens? Well yeah, that's a div opponent that prob is the best D in the NFL. Buffalo ain't them.
I think it's the best Cincy related wager. 38-23 fighting Allens

I meant to ask you this in thread you started but don’t think I ever did: Do you think there a huge financial difference/incentive for nfl to have the afc championship in atl opposed to cincy at kc? I seriously have no clue but most seem to think refs gonna lean bills way.

I think a second neutral site game is a massive moneymaker ...

Exactly my thinking with the refs ...Crooked Carl Cheffers has been very kind to the BILLS during the McDermott era ...Bills are 7-1 with him

Combination of the roughing passers and Jax dropping a p6 changed the game. It was going to be a 3 point game had Jax not literally fumbled the game away.

I think the neutral game has such financial possibilities for the NFL. Something that’s never happened before. And dispatching a very pro Bills crew I don’t think is a coincidence.

Cinci defense is playing well but let Mac Jones tear them up less than a month ago in the 2h of that game. They also haven’t played a QB who can throw since then. I am more concerned about their offense stinking lately and being 100% one dimensional. Possibly the worst rushing attack in the league right now.

Well ya jags totally blew it with that unforced fumble at goal line, who knows how end that game goes if they punch it in that drive? Jags def cost themselves, I just don’t recall ever thinking refs made a huge impact. Letting kelce catch 100 passes and pretty much control the game regardless of qb seemed like the biggest factor to me, outside that goalline fumble.

Henne was my hero, I thought 4sure kc 1st half was fucjed when they made mahomes sit on that drive that started at the 2 (that was drive jags dropped the tipped pass also? I forget, think it was, too early to know if that changed outcome). Run game was huge obviously but Henne converted a few big 3rd downs while I was screaming at them to put mahomes back in! Turns out anyone can find kelce wide open in middle for 1st downs! I can’t believe how many passes they let kelce catch.

Far as todays game cincy d been fantastic going back to last year, especially in 2nd halves, they usually make incredible adjustments and give up next to nothing after half, 1 bad game when they were up huge against pats hardly worries me and schedules are what they are, I don’t think for a minute bills are just gonna light them up. You right bout the run game but if we talking schedules they have been facing some really good run d’s, although again I think it more the oline injuries than blaming schedule and while the run game not ideal I don’t see bills dominating w the run either, this feels like a game that gonna be on the backs of both
qbs/passing games, I’ll always like my chances w burrow and think Allen facing the tougher d.

I can't understand why anyone backing the Bengals is not playing their team total over instead of taking the points....

Both teams are capable of beating anyone by 2+ scores...

I can't understand why anyone backing the Bengals is not playing their team total over instead of taking the points....

Both teams are capable of beating anyone by 2+ scores...

Is either team capable of losing by 2+ scores tho? I think it take a bunch of awful circumstances for either one these qbs not to be in a game. How rare is it for cincy or bills not to be in a game? I just don’t think it a given Cincy has to score 21+ to be in it. Maybe it only 20% likely they don’t score 21+ and cover but I don’t wanna give that up when I think it less likely they get blown out no matter what bills score. Imo there is def a world this a 24-20 type game, or even a tad lower. Could def be higher scoring too but if cincy gives me 21+ I feel incredibly confident they at least cover.

Holy shit, I thought weather wasn’t much a issue but I turn tv on and another Buffalo snow storm? Man it gotta be crazy living there! We get a few inches and it shuts stl down basically, lol.

Back