AFC Divisional Round: Bengals vs. Bills Discussion Thread

I think the bengals are being disrespected by the line....talking about a team on a Tom Brady patriots like run last so many games.....team that's beaten the chiefs 3/3 times last 2 years...we're on way to beating bills last game....defending super bowl team with a trash oline

Only bad defensive game this year was against the steelers and the saints....I think since Buffalo doesn't run its a decent matchup for anarumo

Cincy has the better defense imo and that's the deciding difference in the game as it was for their playoff run last year

Bengals had a worse oline last year....they know how to work with a bad oline.
Very good points

I don't think the jags are the team to do it but I am desperately waiting for a team to take kelce away. As kelce goes, so does the team it seems.

in two of the three losses he had 4 catches only.

Make juju or McKinnon beat you instead and even if it means some extra rush yards for pacheco, eh ... I don't mind more time consuming drives if I am up against Mahomes

Sounds like I’m in the minority here, but I love Cincy ats this weekend. I believe their offense is just as versatile, and defensively I believe they are slightly better than Buffalo. I believe they will be VERY motivated and focused this weekend. Loving the points here.

I went into this thinking I would be on Buffalo. But im creeping toward the Bengals.

I don’t agree with the notion that the Bengals D is better overall. I do think they are a good unit.

I think Buffalo was the best team in football this year and posts from the preseason should back that up. I don’t think it’s unfair to say that something is “not right” with this team. No team has been perfect that’s for sure, but this strikes me more as a team that is gassed. I guess that’s the best word I can come up with. I’m not saying they’re out of shape. I am saying they are not a 4 quarters team.

Seriously though (and its a useful exercise with multiple teams), when was the last time the Bills played two impressive halves in a game. The KC game? The Pittsburgh game? Perhaps later against Cleveland?

I , like some, am not as concerned with the Cincy O-Line. Their line was worse last year and went to the Super Bowl. Further, Burrow gets the ball out fast enough and their receivers are good enough to give this Bills defensive backfield fits.

I am not on CIncy yet. But leaning more toward them.

Reactions: RMR
Total dropped from 50 to 47.5…weather?
The wind Is the only thing that really matters in OP ..

Way too early to tell but the current forecast looks like a beautiful wny winter day...31-35 degrees .Winds under 10 mph, light snow ( 0.03 snow Inch per hour = not) (60-80% chance of show/rain ) ...Shorts and a Hoodie weather lol

Of course Buffalo weather can change on the fly

Just did not expect the line to drop. I bet it at 50 thinking it would only go up. A 2.5 point line drop to 47.5 seems significant to me.
Seems significant to me as well. Was thinking it would end up between 51.5-53.5 ...It's currently Over 48 -113 here at Seneca Buffalo .

I'd be fairly shocked if it stayed under 50 Brother, unless the Bengals O line is horrible or unless the wind kicks up

It’s really hard to not like the points for sure and some ML. Cinci TT but that total drop is pretty high.

This line would be a total joke if not for Cincy decimated oline , just like it was cincy was getting points at home in this game but I am worried bout the oline. Of course Joe cool took a garbage oline to the SB last year so maybe it don’t matter, I don’t think it will hurt them as bad it did against ravens. I’ll take burrow all day over Allen getting 5 points , in fact I’ll take the ml cause my guy will get it done while allem makes mistakes. Bills secondary has holes, the makeshift line gives burrow time he will shred bills. Not many ppl talking bout how early on Allen was wteckless, Daball fixed him, he went and turned turnover prone jones into looking real silmilar to Allen without great weapons and without Daboll Allen has regressed to 32 picks and fumbles this year! Coincidence? I don’t think so. Crazy all the bobble heads now starting to come around to what I been saying all year, Burtow a better qb than Allen.

Don’t understand niners line either, that comical. Niners all day.

I really think giants might beat Philly but I’ll happily take the points. Just don’t trust Philly gonna be the team who peaked early.

Everyone talking about Cincy OL…is it that much worse than last year’s playoff OL?
Think it's better then last year....Isiah prince was starting and he was God awful

But I think bengals were a better run blocking team ?

Thing is it's not as much about bengals some great team imo as it is bills just very flawed. I think their secondary is worse then cincy. Bills been struggling against teams like jets lions vikings

I think bills more change then last year as far as how good they are a decline and bengals maybe the same

It all depends on the bengals o line in my opinion. If they hold up it could come down to a last second kick by one team or the other. If the oline does not hold up I think buffalo covers rather easily because I do think they score on the bengals here.

Pretty unfair this game is being played in Buffalo which isn't either teams fault.

Should be a good game. Not sure I will watch it though unless they promise me to not say the words "Damar" or "Hamlin" over 100 times.
Cats have the best kicker in the game outside of Balty

That is their only advantage, guess I can wash Chase and Diggs but barely

Don't even know who their RB is but he probably goes off more than Mixon

I'd like to see Cincy try and get Mixon going. Mostert and others have had success running on Buffalo late in the year.

This line would be a total joke if not for Cincy decimated oline , just like it was cincy was getting points at home in this game but I am worried bout the oline. Of course Joe cool took a garbage oline to the SB last year so maybe it don’t matter, I don’t think it will hurt them as bad it did against ravens. I’ll take burrow all day over Allen getting 5 points , in fact I’ll take the ml cause my guy will get it done while allem makes mistakes. Bills secondary has holes, the makeshift line gives burrow time he will shred bills. Not many ppl talking bout how early on Allen was wteckless, Daball fixed him, he went and turned turnover prone jones into looking real silmilar to Allen without great weapons and without Daboll Allen has regressed to 32 picks and fumbles this year! Coincidence? I don’t think so. Crazy all the bobble heads now starting to come around to what I been saying all year, Burtow a better qb than Allen.

Don’t understand niners line either, that comical. Niners all day.

I really think giants might beat Philly but I’ll happily take the points. Just don’t trust Philly gonna be the team who peaked early.
I think Allen has played great considering all the injuries on both sides of the ball and to himself ....
All the experts thought he'd miss 2-4 games after the injury vs the Jets ...
He missed zero games and led them to 3 wins in 12 days( only one practice ) due to the first blizzard ..

I think Allen has played great considering all the injuries on both sides of the ball and to himself ....
All the experts thought he'd miss 2-4 games after the injury vs the Jets ...
He missed zero games and led them to 3 wins in 12 days( only one practice ) due to the first blizzard ..

It not like I’m bashing Allen in preferring burrow, They both great but for my money Joe Cool is the guy, allen is exciting as hell to watch, bills ask way too much of him, but the turnovers are real imo. I’ve had it mahomes, burrow, Allen, since watching burrow drag a terrible oline to the SB (and costing me a fortune in the process) last year. It seems now a lot more ppl kinda joining that thought process, I won’t take credit for this cause I heard it somewhere this past week but I did find it pretty interesting, Daniel Jones was a turnover machine most his 1st 4-5 years, Daboll goes there and dude playing better than he ever has in his life, Allen was somewhat reckless until Daboll came into his life, he gone now and he had what 32 int/fumble this year?

Far as this game goes I was all over cincy in the game that never happened, I thought they were easily the best overall team in afc until all these lineman started dropping, that worries me but then again I’ve seen burrow drag a bad line with him and I don’t think bills d as good as ravens. I think cincy d is really good amd they get even better after halftime, I think they will prob turn Allen over once or twice, should be a heck of a game but they wanna give me all those points and now better than 2-1 on bengals? There no way I’m passing that up, in Burrow I trust.

The talk of getting Mixon going etc is exactly how I feel about Singletary & Cook this game. It's funny when you look at the numbers Singletary= Mixon.

Statistically they are also very similar defensively. Cincy run D has allowed 12 tds, Buffalo rush d allowed 10. Cincy pass d allowed 17 tds & had 13 ints while Buffalo allowed 21 tds & had 17 ints.

Last week the Ravens came with a great plan to beat Cincy (outside of the clock mismanagement at the end) and ran all over them 155 total. HUntley was able move the ball even with just 6 targets to wrs. Now they have to try and contain Allen & pressure him before he can get the ball downfield or take off. Hendrickson is not healthy and it is showing. I think for Cincy to beat Buffalo he needs to be in the backfield busting up plays- right now it doesn't look like he can.

Quite a bit of talk about Allen/ Burrow who is better, more clutch etc. I think you can make points to either qb but I find it hilarious to suggest Daboll leaving is the reason Allen is turning the ball over. At any rate both qbs should be able to find big plays down the field... I think the Bills have the better run game especially right now and that will be the difference. Between Motor & Cook they should be able to move the chains and give Allen some nice short 3rd downs.

Why is this line creeping up when all I see is Cincy +pts wagers? Said it before I'm not laying chalk with Buffalo but I wouldn't be betting against them here either- I think they win by 3-10 but if they get up and Cincy can't stop the run it could get ugly.

It not like I’m bashing Allen in preferring burrow, They both great but for my money Joe Cool is the guy, allen is exciting as hell to watch, bills ask way too much of him, but the turnovers are real imo. I’ve had it mahomes, burrow, Allen, since watching burrow drag a terrible oline to the SB (and costing me a fortune in the process) last year. It seems now a lot more ppl kinda joining that thought process, I won’t take credit for this cause I heard it somewhere this past week but I did find it pretty interesting, Daniel Jones was a turnover machine most his 1st 4-5 years, Daboll goes there and dude playing better than he ever has in his life, Allen was somewhat reckless until Daboll came into his life, he gone now and he had what 32 int/fumble this year?

Far as this game goes I was all over cincy in the game that never happened, I thought they were easily the best overall team in afc until all these lineman started dropping, that worries me but then again I’ve seen burrow drag a bad line with him and I don’t think bills d as good as ravens. I think cincy d is really good amd they get even better after halftime, I think they will prob turn Allen over once or twice, should be a heck of a game but they wanna give me all those points and now better than 2-1 on bengals? There no way I’m passing that up, in Burrow I trust.

Do you like the BENGALS over 21.5 as much or more than taking them with the points .

Their gripe is the lost game on MNF.

They came flying out of the gate and likely win that game, hence winning the tiebreaker.

Obviously we all know what happened that night.

They weren't granted a possibility of a neutral site or even a *coinflip*.

I would have been cool with a coin flip ...

The owners decided the game was canceled ....I would have had zero problem if the Bills were trailing the Bengals by one game and had to go Cincinnati this Sunday...

Should be a classic , can't believe the total is so low .

Anyone have thoughts on the Cinncy Oline?

Running game is all but lost and will only be worse. Offense has been anemic since second half of the New England game. Burrow going to have to throw the ball 50 times. If Von was playing Bills win easily. But that line doesn’t impress me much without him.

Do you like the BENGALS over 21.5 as much or more than taking them with the points .

I prefer cincy ats, the only reason I have any concern w bengals is the Oline injuries so not sure I wanna isolate the offense, they have a really good d. It probably more likely this game played in the mid/upper 20s but I don’t think it out the question something like 23 points wins the game.

Good info on the ref crew on this site that will be very very pro Bills.

League sort of showed their hand by treating Chad Henne like Tom Brady and Lawrence like he was Michael Vick in terms of key pivotal roughing the passer calls that could have ultimately changed the outcome of yesterday’s game.

Buffalo is no where the corporate cock gobblers that the Chiefs are - but they have gone stints without covering and putting up second half stinkers. Too much on the line and too little a spread to get too cute in my opinion. I played the Chiefs 1h for 8u and feel lucky to have cashed. Feel like the only way I can play this game is Bills ML -250, 20/8u.

Highest rated wild card game ever was the Hamlin/Fish game last week. This neutral game will have a Super Bowl type feel to it and possibly the highest rated playoff game of all time.

Bengals offense hasn’t been good in a month. They can’t run the ball and have 2 starters on the OL. 2 games vs the Ravens to me sounds exhausting.

Bills are not good against the pass but if they don’t gift multiple possessions over and over to them in plus territory then they should move on.

Bengals a huge public dog at 71% of bets and line went to +6.

Same result as Giants?

Could be. By that thought process - yes.

Only problem was Giants were a bad football team. Who’s best win was that badly officiated game at Washington in the last 3 months. I actually think Bengals are a top 5 team in a horrible spot coming off of 2 exhausting games, injury riddled, and offensively slowing down at the wrong time.

I think Rambo Rahm is a good parlay partner if anyone wants to watch the best player in the world by a wide margin today take it home. Currently -175 on DK.

Last edited:
Who is Eli Apple covering? Do we know if Diggs will be shadowed or do Bengals stick to same side of field?

Good info on the ref crew on this site that will be very very pro Bills.

League sort of showed their hand by treating Chad Henne like Tom Brady and Lawrence like he was Michael Vick in terms of key pivotal roughing the passer calls that could have ultimately changed the outcome of yesterday’s game.

Buffalo is no where the corporate cock gobblers that the Chiefs are - but they have gone stints without covering and putting up second half stinkers. Too much on the line and too little a spread to get too cute in my opinion. I played the Chiefs 1h for 8u and feel lucky to have cashed. Feel like the only way I can play this game is Bills ML -250, 20/8u.

Highest rated wild card game ever was the Hamlin/Fish game last week. This neutral game will have a Super Bowl type feel to it and possibly the highest rated playoff game of all time.

Bengals offense hasn’t been good in a month. They can’t run the ball and have 2 starters on the OL. 2 games vs the Ravens to me sounds exhausting.

Bills are not good against the pass but if they don’t gift multiple possessions over and over to them in plus territory then they should move on.

What call you think changed the kc game? The roughing they called jags for against Henne I think was justified but more importantly kc had picked up the 1st without the flag so I don’t think it was that crucial, tough to say the 15 yards made the difference when that drive started at the 2. I don’t really recall w shot on Lawrence that wasn’t called, I watched most the game but I missed a few series in 3rd quarter cause I went home at half.

I think you selling Cincy d short if you thjnk bills run away from them even if the offense does struggle a bit. I do think bengals will absolutely lose a few drives cause the oline problems, be it a sack or killer penalty but i also think they will still have more than enough functional drives to stay in it. How much worse we think current oline is compared to last year? Im not sure but it def the reason I still like cincy, I’d be sounding different if I didn’t watch Burrow and co drag a crappy line all way thru afc last year. I don’t think it a huge deal they have struggled lately, they played ravens b2b weeks, that would give most offenses problems. I thought the offense came out looking pretty good in the Monday night game that never happened against this bills d, of course they down another tackle since then. I dunno, im far less confident than I was on bengals going into that Monday night game strictly cause now being down both tackles instead of just the 1 in that game but there still no way im
Laying even a fg against Burrow since I’d have been all over them to win if just one those 3 lineman were able to play.

How much of a financial windfall/difference do we think it be for nfl to have the afc championship in atl opposed to kc? I have no clue.

What call you think changed the kc game? The roughing they called jags for against Henne I think was justified but more importantly kc had picked up the 1st without the flag so I don’t think it was that crucial, tough to say the 15 yards made the difference when that drive started at the 2. I don’t really recall w shot on Lawrence that wasn’t called, I watched most the game but I missed a few series in 3rd quarter cause I went home at half.

I think you selling Cincy d short if you thjnk bills run away from them even if the offense does struggle a bit. I do think bengals will absolutely lose a few drives cause the oline problems, be it a sack or killer penalty but i also think they will still have more than enough functional drives to stay in it. How much worse we think current oline is compared to last year? Im not sure but it def the reason I still like cincy, I’d be sounding different if I didn’t watch Burrow and co drag a crappy line all way thru afc last year. I don’t think it a huge deal they have struggled lately, they played ravens b2b weeks, that would give most offenses problems. I thought the offense came out looking pretty good in the Monday night game that never happened against this bills d, of course they down another tackle since then. I dunno, im far less confident than I was on bengals going into that Monday night game strictly cause now being down both tackles instead of just the 1 in that game but there still no way im
Laying even a fg against Burrow since I’d have been all over them to win if just one those 3 lineman were able to play.

How much of a financial windfall/difference do we think it be for nfl to have the afc championship in atl opposed to kc? I have no clue.

Combination of the roughing passers and Jax dropping a p6 changed the game. It was going to be a 3 point game had Jax not literally fumbled the game away.

I think the neutral game has such financial possibilities for the NFL. Something that’s never happened before. And dispatching a very pro Bills crew I don’t think is a coincidence.

Cinci defense is playing well but let Mac Jones tear them up less than a month ago in the 2h of that game. They also haven’t played a QB who can throw since then. I am more concerned about their offense stinking lately and being 100% one dimensional. Possibly the worst rushing attack in the league right now.

Cinci was going to win that game going away and I was on Buffalo. Just think a lot has changed since then.

Back