AFC Divisional Round: Bengals vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Bengals should be the most popular dog bet of the season imo ....
Seems like the books are begging the Joe's and Pros to take the points and +ML..

This made for TV sports entertainment business has now had 12 of the last 13 playoff *games finish within one score .

Last edited:
Bengals should be the most popular dog bet of the season imo ....
Seems like the books are begging the Joe's and Pros to take the points and +ML..

This made for TV sports entertainment business has now had 12 of the last 13 playoff *games finish within one score .

I don't think the average bettor even knows they are down 3 olineman. I'm not talking about people here, just in general. Hard to fade the Bengals and Burrow though. I get it.

I don't think the average bettor even knows they are down 3 olineman. I'm not talking about people here, just in general. Hard to fade the Bengals and Burrow though. I get it.
Yup, big part of my ravens wager. OL is so important and too overlooked. +4 is alot againstvthis team and their defense borderline top 10

Right tackle La'el Collins tore his ACL on Christmas Eve. Starting right guard Alex Cappa injured his ankle in Week 18. Then Sunday night, left tackle Jonah Williams exited the game with a left knee injury and was seen after the 24-17 win over Baltimore with a crutch and soft knee brace.
Suddenly, the Bengals were down three starting offensive linemen.
Jackson Carman replaced Williams in the wild-card win, leaving Cincinnati with Cordell Volson, Ted Karras, Max Scharping, Hakeem Adeniji and Carman as its starters.

In what will seem like a movie script that couldn't possibly be real, and what some of us around here (in the Buffalo area) were predicting last week that it would be this game that Hamlin comes back to the stadium with his team and not vs. the Dolphins. I even won a $1 gentleman's bet with a friend as they were insistent that Damar would have been there yesterday (apparently Beane wanted him there too), hehe.

What are the odds? How insane does it seem that Hamlin was injured in CIN just a few weeks ago, then the game isn't played and we all know the "fallout" from that and how CIN feels as if they were shafted a bit. Now, in the Divisional Round you're telling us it's CIN coming here to BUF to play for the right to go to the AFCC? Damar walking out of that tunnel, before THIS game after all that's transpired would be THE sports moment of ALL sports moments.

I can’t trust either of these teams with my $

There's always the thought process that it may be counter-productive for the players though, which may be what went into the decision to not have him in the stadium yesterday. I would really love to be a fly on the wall in the next couple of days because it's so intriguing imo.

Right tackle La'el Collins tore his ACL on Christmas Eve. Starting right guard Alex Cappa injured his ankle in Week 18. Then Sunday night, left tackle Jonah Williams exited the game with a left knee injury and was seen after the 24-17 win over Baltimore with a crutch and soft knee brace.
Suddenly, the Bengals were down three starting offensive linemen.
Jackson Carman replaced Williams in the wild-card win, leaving Cincinnati with Cordell Volson, Ted Karras, Max Scharping, Hakeem Adeniji and Carman as its starters.

So I am assuming Cappa and Williams are out?

Locked in over 49 -116 at Bookmaker

I’ll do a thread this week instead of the plays in here.

Still evaluating the game with a lean towards Buffalo. The fan in me WANTS Cincy so we can smack them finally but they are walking into a very tough spot

Burrow gets it out fast and we saw bills can also get beat deep. I just cant tell how flawed the bills defense really is if at all.

There's always the thought process that it may be counter-productive for the players though, which may be what went into the decision to not have him in the stadium yesterday. I would really love to be a fly on the wall in the next couple of days because it's so intriguing imo.
There would be a lot of emotion, but after the first couple of drives, it becomes like any other game. I wouldn’t be using that as a major factor in my capping.

Burrow gets it out fast and we saw bills can also get beat deep. I just cant tell how flawed the bills defense really is if at all.
For me it comes down to Bills OL v weak Bengal d-line. If it exposes that way and Bengals can't stop the run, this thing could be a blowout.

For me it comes down to Bills OL v weak Bengal d-line. If it exposes that way and Bengals can't stop the run, this thing could be a blowout.
Why do you feel CIN has weak DL? 2 good edges, good interior too

Why do you feel CIN has weak DL? 2 good edges, good interior too
Got lots on the mind this morning but simply thing the Bills will rack up rushing numbers against edge rushing, worst thing for heavy rushing is a mobile and running QB. Lots of time to ponder it I guess.

I could only have the Bengals but the OL injuries are concerning. I will be looking at Hurst/Perine/MIxon receiving props as I think the Bengals will go to short stuff in the screen game and 2TE sets some to protect Burrow.

Allen turns the ball over way too much still. Buffalo still can’t run the ball. And still not sure I trust McDermott

There have been many weeks when Buff should have run the ball more/stuck with the run and they just refuse to do it. I would not count on that changing now. I’m a bills fan so I want them to win but I just do not trust them here.

Shaping up like Bills/Chiefs in ATL

Don't think Bengals compete when Bills run the ball and Chargers were a more fun match for KC than Jags

Against both cats in AFC :confused: and NFC is Niner's to lose

AFC is fun I guess, small markets doing their thing

If it's SF/Philly that's a killer nap in the works

Henderson has been a non-factor with a cast on his hand. They’re not the same dline with him playing at 50%

That Bengals o-line is such a mess. And they're no longer hunting, they are the hunted. Last year they came out of nowhere. Not the case this year.

I see no reason not to take Bills 1sth & fg tt overs. Can't argue at all with Cincy tt over either even with the mess of an O-line they have.

Bills should be able to disrupt Burrow in the pocket but they will still have to defend 3 top tier wrs. Elam came up huge last week but the secondary as a whole was horrific. Skylar played out of his mind- numbers lie. Waddle should have had 100+ & 1 td balls right in the bread basket. Bills notorious for playing a tough 1st & second down then giving up a garbage 3rd down conversion, I could see extended drives here & think Cincy should be able to put up 23+.

I got in on Bills -200 & it may be the only side play. I'll be looking live should Cincy get an early lead. Bills will win this game even if Allen does the pre 2ndh shave. Curious as to how the Bills want to attack this team but I think if they stay balanced offensively they will wear the Bengals d down.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills pour it on late but you would be betting against the way this team has been winning vs good teams. Every playoff team they faced this year the score was 4 or less. They don't have a shut down defense, they have a slow down & be opportunistic D.

It also cannot be overlooked that Allen will make that 1 goofball turnover to keep the game close. As a fan I tell myself the good outweighs the bad by a mile-because it does. As a wager it would be acknowledging you are laying chalk across key #s with a qb who turns the ball over & a team who's weakness is the opposition's strength.

I could only have the Bengals but the OL injuries are concerning. I will be looking at Hurst/Perine/MIxon receiving props as I think the Bengals will go to short stuff in the screen game and 2TE sets some to protect Burrow.
That first drive of 2h Sunday night needs to be rewarded. Short drops, quick passes....etc....

Plays into your thinking here too.

It all depends on the bengals o line in my opinion. If they hold up it could come down to a last second kick by one team or the other. If the oline does not hold up I think buffalo covers rather easily because I do think they score on the bengals here.

Pretty unfair this game is being played in Buffalo which isn't either teams fault.

Should be a good game. Not sure I will watch it though unless they promise me to not say the words "Damar" or "Hamlin" over 100 times.

Cincy has the better defense imo and that's the deciding difference in the game as it was for their playoff run last year

Bengals had a worse oline last year....they know how to work with a bad oline.

Back