2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Opening Round Discussion

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
It's that time of year! Playoffs get underway this weekend.

[h=1]NBA - SERIES PRICES Hide[/h] [TABLE="class: matchupBox"]
<tbody>[TR="class: banner"]
[TD="colspan: 2"] NBA - SERIES PRICES - Apr 20 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: banner"]
[TD="colspan: 2"] NBA SERIES PRICES (PLAYOFF FORMAT 2-2-1-1-1) [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: labels"]
[TD="class: leftColumn"]Time[/TD]
[TD="class: rightColumn"]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell oddCell"]#[/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell evenCell"]Teams[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell oddCell"]Spread[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell evenCell"]Total[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell oddCell"]Odds[/TD]
[TD="class: tabCell"]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenRow"]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>12:00 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 881 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]CELTICS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] [/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560439_12134_4_0_270_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +270 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 882 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]KNICKS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560439_12134_5_0_-340_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -340 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddRow"]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>2:30 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 883 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]WARRIORS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560440_12134_4_0_375_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +375 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 884 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]NUGGETS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560440_12134_5_0_-475_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -475 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>5:00 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 885 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]BULLS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560441_12134_4_0_115_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +115 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 886 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]NETS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560441_12134_5_0_-135_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -135 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>7:30 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 887 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]GRIZZLIES SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560443_12134_4_0_135_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +135 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 888 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]CLIPPERS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560443_12134_5_0_-155_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -155 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"] NBA - SERIES PRICES - Apr 21 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"] NBA SERIES PRICES (PLAYOFF FORMAT 2-2-1-1-1) [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: labels"]
[TD="class: leftColumn"]Time[/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell oddCell"]#[/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell evenCell"]Teams[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell oddCell"]Spread[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell evenCell"]Total[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell oddCell"]Odds[/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>10:00 AM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 889 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]HAWKS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560444_12134_4_0_280_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +280 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 890 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]PACERS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560444_12134_5_0_-360_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -360 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>12:30 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 891 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]LAKERS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560446_12134_4_0_650_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +650 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 892 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]SPURS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560446_12134_5_0_-1000_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -1000 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>4:00 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 893 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]BUCKS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560448_12134_4_0_7500_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +7500 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 894 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]HEAT SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560448_12134_5_0_-20000_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -20000 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: leftColumn"] <small>6:30 PM</small> [/TD]

<tbody>
[TD="class: rotCell"] 895 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]ROCKETS SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560450_12134_4_0_1100_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> +1100 </label> [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD="class: rotCell"] 896 [/TD]
[TD="class: teamCell"]THUNDER SERIES[/TD]
[TD="class: selectCell"] <label> <input name="game" value="1560450_12134_5_0_-1900_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox"> -1900 </label>[/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
It's the fan in me talking probably, but I think that Lakers can go to the WC Finals with this roster.
Lakers, especially Dwight and Gasol playing really good basketball at the moment (and it's not because of Kobe's injury, they played that way in the last week and a half), Spurs are banged up, Denver are banged up and GSW not a real threat.

Lakers win tonight means they will avoid their three nightmare matchups - Memphis, Thunder and Clippers and can get only one - Denver - the least dangerous of the four and the most banged up from the four.

Obviously they got huge way ahead of them and Spurs still favorites to win, but I really like the way Lakers been playing the last 4 - 5 games.

The main issue for the Lakers is health issue. Nash needs to come back and hit three pointers.
Gasol and Dwight must stay healthy and aggressive. 33 rebounds combined against Spurs, 38 against Rockets.
That is what they need to do...

Spurs have never been so 'under the radar' entering the post-season for quite sometime. Unlikely the Lakers get the same 'ref treatment' in the series...

Spurs have never been so 'under the radar' entering the post-season for quite sometime. Unlikely the Lakers get the same 'ref treatment' in the series...

I don't know, I took Spurs to win the title and felt pretty good about it till the final two weeks of the season.

Bottom line is, Spurs played horrible the last two weeks.
That goes especially for Parker and without him, I doubt that Spurs can win this round.

It all depends on what Spurs and what Lakers will we see.
If the teams will continue their recent form, Spurs can get swept.
If teams will play in their midseason form, Lakers can get swept.

As always, the result will be somewhere in the middle...

The spurs are always under the radar. That will never change.

But their defense isn't as great as it was the past couple years.

I will edit the first post later today...waiting on lines

The celtics perimeter defense is very good. As long as Garnett is healthy there is no way Boston is getting swept

There perimeter d wasnt good last time they played...Avery Bradley's D is overrated

Denver wins 4-1. GS has no defense on the perimeter. Wonder what the price on that is? Would have loved to bet Denver to win the West if Gallo was healthy.

Not seeing Lakers beating Denver.

Probably because the Lakers will never get the chance. Tony Parker will destroy the Lakers. Spurs also got very lucky to dodge the Clippers/Grizzles in the 2nd round.

Miami -130 to repeat is a bargain.

Lines for Saturday

Knicks -7.5/193.5
Nuggets -7/209.5
Nets -5/184.5
Clippers -5/183

Lines for Sunday

Pacers -7/184
Spurs -9.5/199
Heat -11.5/200
OKC -10/208

Injury to Pablo is very important. He is crucial for the Knicks ball movement/provides some kind of defensive resistance in the backcourt. Also allows Kidd to come off the bench and play shorter, more effective minutes.

Knicks have seen a grand total of 0 minutes live game action against the current Boston starting 5 this year. The c's are a really good looking dog Saturday, and that's coming from a big knick fan.

isn't the -155 clippers series price a little short? memphis plays great defense, but the talent difference is huge...especially when the benches come in.

Memphis is pretty much built for playoff basketball, this series is the only one in the 1st round that is a virtual 'toss up'.

Knicks line quickly bet down to 6.5.

Game 1's are usually the game where the 'lesser' teams can surprise...

Don't underestimate the Warriors. I know their defense isn't great but when the offense is clicking, they're hard to beat. I think they take Denver to 7 games.

I think you're nuts if you think the warriors bench can compete with Denver. The warriors have three players that scare everyone.

Curry, Lee, and Thompson.

Just look at the teams performance vs teams in the playoffs. It is TERRIBLE.

And now that Galo is no longer there, the nuggets are better defensively. Warriors will be lucky to win 2 games.

No surprise with that statement. You've been hating on them for awhile. We'll see how the series turns out.

Im not hating. Just stating what I see. Versus teams in the playoffs the warriors are 8-20 su since 1/1/13... the team relies on many less players to produce than the nuggets do. Just don't like backing teams like that in the playoffs

Nuggets 4-15 SU on the road in the playoffs since 07/08 (1-6 SU since Melo left). Oracle gonna be crazy...

1st round (last 5 years)...

Faves 108-105-4 overall

Home faves:

48-38 ATS (-5.5 and less)

40-46-2 ATS (-6 and over)

Road faves:

20-21-2 ATS (all spreads)

have u seen melo's stats against boston? liking the better defensive team here in the series at plus money. gl emkee

Value, IMO, on Warriors and Clippers IMO

Grizz will wear the Clips down though and I'd look to fade them hard in the second round

Have liked GS most of the season. That said They have always had problems with teams with big men and teams that are winners. Perhaps it will change but no one has given any reasons to think that will happen.
Do any of you remember OKC crushing GS recently. I guess you all know how well OKC has done vs Denver. Denver without question is the better team and deserves to win and go on.

have u seen melo's stats against boston? liking the better defensive team here in the series at plus money. gl emkee

C's defense is broken. Team is giving up an average 104 ppg of late. Not a fan of teams with a defensive leak heading into the playoffs, and this year there are many.

Firm believer in the term, 'Defense wins championships'...

Funny thing is, Knicks don't go as melo goes. He's been a constant, even on inefficient scoring nights he's a major net positive. Truth is, Felton is the Knicks' engine. THAT'S the guy the Knicks can't win without.

Celtics defense is no where close to the past couple years and they need KG.

But the perimeter defense is still above average for the playoff teams

Jimmy Butler was at the table next to friends of mine out at a NYC club tonight, left at midnight. was drinking but nothing too wild, no idea where he went after leaving. Borderline useless information but figured i'd share.

i know its crazy if the bucks got hot and beat heat...but 5 to win 325 crazy..i see some value in that..prolly won't happen but i'll put 5 bucks down

I think you're nuts if you think the warriors bench can compete with Denver. The warriors have three players that scare everyone.

Curry, Lee, and Thompson.

Just look at the teams performance vs teams in the playoffs. It is TERRIBLE.

And now that Galo is no longer there, the nuggets are better defensively. Warriors will be lucky to win 2 games.

i thought of you last night...

Back