Dallas
San Antonio
Phoenix
Utah
Houston
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Golden State

Yes, I think Spurs overtake Suns. To many things I am seeing from Suns. Don't let the Dallas game fool you.

Also think Hou will have homecourt over Jazz...only two back in loss column.

Denver is going to fall outta it. Love how the Clipers are playing now and even with a tough schedule I think the Warriors sneak by on the last few days. If not, I still see LA Clippers ahead of either Denver or Golden State for 7th seed.

You're a little thread-happy tonight huh? lol

I definitely disagree with the Spurs beating the Suns. I cannot see it, and this may be bold, but I don't even think the series will be that close.

Oh shit my bad, I thought by overtake you meant beat them in 2nd round.

In all honesty..I would prolly root for Suns..lol. I just can't trust that team in playoff tempo's

Here is how I think the seeds will go 1-8

please discuss the first round matchups and beyond

Dallas
San Antonio
Phoenix
Utah
Houston
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Golden State

Yes, I think Spurs overtake Suns. To many things I am seeing from Suns. Don't let the Dallas game fool you.

Denver is going to fall outta it. Love how the Clipers are playing now and even with a tough schedule I think the Warriors sneak by on the last few days. If not, I still see LA Clippers ahead of either Denver or Golden State for 7th seed.
:bow:BAR hope your right with G St.

I watched the Houston/Utah game in its entirety on Sunday (thanks to Cake). And I can confidently say Utah will beat Houston in round 1. I will be playing that series bet at + money.

I watched the Houston/Utah game in its entirety on Sunday (thanks to Cake). And I can confidently say Utah will beat Houston in round 1. I will be playing that series bet at + money.
Here;s my issue with that.

Utah plays horrid interior defense. Yes Booz and memo rebound great and can score but in a slow-down playoff tempo I like the better defensive team with Yao and a Superstar which the Jazz don;t have. Gonna be a fun series no doubt.

I watched the game, and down the stretch, Yao got very tired. Any Tracey is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being at his old level. He is like 65% at what he used to be. And Houston struggles to score at times, and that won't fly in the playoffs in crunch time. The Jazz are so disciplined offensively, and have multiple scoring options.

Whoever has home court probably wins the series. I havent checked the schedule for these 2 yet. But Steele mentioned a BIG play when the Jazz face Dallas. Might be something to look at...

Deron Williams is a big problem if Alston is going to guard him in that series they gotta try something different

I cannot wait for the playoffs...a lot of great teams in the west.

I like Houston, they are healthy for the most part and will be the surprise team.

Dallas
San Antonio
Phoenix
Utah
Houston
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Golden State

I agree that SA will definitely make a run to get the 2nd seed. Dallas facing Golden State at the first round will be great. Hopefully, the Warriors make it a series and make Dallas work hard for their wins. Houston vs Utah is another good match-up. Boozer, Okur and Kirilenko will make Yao's life miserable in the paint.

I'm personally rooting for a SA-Phoenix WC finals. Though, I think Dallas is already a lock at one of the WC finals slot.

My pick is San Antonio to come out of the WC and win it all at the NBA finals.

Dallas
San Antonio
Phoenix
Utah
Houston
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Golden State

Heres my predictions of these matchups..as of now..

Dallas in 4(everyone will hype GS..even if this is Denver..same amount)
San Antonio in 4
Phoenix in 6(another fun series between these two..)
Rockets in 7(the only first round in whole league that will go distance)

Rockets/Jazz is gonna be my favorite series! Both teams play exactly how I believe the game is supposed to be played. I am a huge Sloan fan for many reasons.

I'm personally rooting for a SA-Phoenix WC finals. Though, I think Dallas is already a lock at one of the WC finals slot.

My pick is San Antonio to come out of the WC and win it all at the NBA finals.

Unless the Mavs decide to stop playing for the remaining games of the reg season, this can't happen given Suns & Spurs most likely will fill #2 & #3 seeds.

With respect to who will be #2 and who will be #3, I think it is irrelevant and suspect both those teams know it as well

I'm willing to give GDS up to 2 games over Dallas - 1 they win simply with off-the-wall outside shooting that no-one can do anything about on the Warrior's day, and 1 game Dallas blow because GDS has a 4th quarter shooting "off-the-wall'.

That said, the way the Clippers are playing and their opponents left

at home: DEN, LAK (twice, cant see them dropping both), POR, SAC, NOK (the last 3 playing for nothing)
away: DAL, PHX, NOK

I can see them winning 5-6 games, which means GDS likely needs to win 7-8 of their last 8 games, and they still have games vs HOU & SAN away, & UTH at home (with Utah struggling to hold down 4th spot & HCA in the 1st round, they wont be "write-offable" for that game), I just dont see it happening.

In which case the Mavs get LAC or DEN, and they smash the crap out of either side.

(I should add I think DEN has too many cream puffs left to fail to make the playoffs - Lakers twice (win 1), NOK, MEM, SAC & MIN at home. 4 wins and they're basically in. I think they get the Suns and thats where the books make some moolah, thats the 1 match-up that could produce a mammoth upset).

I relooked at Denvers schedule and agree BC..I think with the difficulty of GSW that Denver will make it in..two teams that are mirrios IMO...so same difference

Believe......Utah was at full strength, while the Rockets were missing Luther Head in that game. Head usually takes some of Alston's minutes as well as plays the majority of the 4th quarter. .....Either team can win this series as it will come down to which team will execute down the stretch of games.

Back