Rexy's Week 2 Niffel...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
A few for today, on the heels of my most successful Niffel season ever. Had a streak of 9 out of 10 weeks last season where I was a winner in this shit. Maybe it was luck; we'll find out.

Diego playing their least important game of the year (road, non-con, short week, 10 am start) off an agonizing loss. Philly first home game with rejuvenated players, new coach/system, excited fans.... recipe for blowout is in place, and we get line value because of how bad Philly was in the 2H on Monday night. Ever watch Oregon play Arkansas State-type teams in the 2H the last few years, after they shitkick them in the first? Maybe we see that happening on Sundays now? I'm banking on it.

The play: Philly -7 medium.

Count me as one who is NOT impressed with Houston. And while Tennessee's offense was pedestrian at best last week, their defense seemed hell-bent on giving the Stillers nothing. Lots and lots of points here for a defense that knows a Schaub-led, zone blocking offense from seeing it twice a year.

The play: Tennessee +8.5 small.

Lots of pseudo-sharp touting Meemi this week, but I don't see it. Fins lost in the stats last week in Cleveland, and now travel for the second week in a row. Colts just find ways to win close games, and while laying points is a dangerous exercise with teams who constantly have games decided in the last few minutes, I figure the Colts to be at least as good as the Fins on paper so laying under three seems feasible.

The play: Colts -2.5 medium.

Carolina climbing into a playable range for the Goats. Nothing yet but if I see a 4, jot me down for the Bills (I doubt it pops).

A slight lean to Rammers but wanted 6 so pass.

Packers gonna put it on Washington today. Short week, an unhealthy QB and a defense that saw many of the same principles last week in San Francisco and traded them blow for blow. I think GB's team really isn't that good, but their QB is on another planet. He'll be the difference in the rain today.

The play: GB -7 -120 medium to big.

Sorry for the late post, and because of it, you guys can't really do anything with this but KC is a side. I laid 2.5 earlier and could NOT advocate laying 3 so I'll leave it off the posted; Dallas was unimpressive last Sunday, and the spot is good for KC. New coach who knows the other team, excited fans off a road win in the home opener, and Dallas playing unimportant throwout game with Rammers on deck. KC is the play if you can lay less than 3.

I made the Bears much higher. Laying meaningful points in the rain with a low total is very dangerous, but Chicago rallied against a good Cincy team last week and now get a big division game at home. They'll key on Peterson and should force Ponder to beat them; Detroit gave them the blueprint in the last 58 minutes.

THe play: Bears -6 even medium to big.

A slight lean to Arizona but need 3 before I bite. Might try the ML small.

A lean to Jags but wanted 6 and missed it also.

Denver is good for 37 every week. I mean it - every week. Figure out the way you want to play it. The Giants might be good for 34. I ain't figured out what to do with it myself to be honest.

No clue in Seattle. I dislike Seattle as most know but they impressed me in winning in Charlotte last week ( I am high on the Panthers and would have lost that game last week had I not missed the number).

I'll have much more on tomorrow's game later today or tomorrow morning.

:shake:

GL today!

:goal:

Health on all except for Zona if you take them and Cheese Heads.

more i think, more i like Philly in the first half. It's Chip's M-O. And Diego could be pancake-flat early.

The play: Philly -4.5 first half medium

Been sitting on this one since the summer, and the developments of last week did not help me with line value, but it certainly reinforced my opinion on the game. Bengals off a tough loss where they more or less gifted the game to the Cubbies at Soldier Field. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh, while already depleted in several spots, lost their starting C, a decent RB and a starting LB for the season. You don't think they wish they had Harrison back tonight? Instead, he'll be inflicting pain on them from the other sidelines. There is a severe talent disparity here, and despite Pitt going 10-1 ATS at Cincy under the Lewis regime, tonight is where all of that shit stops. The computer penguin running the lines at CRIS will consult his database and no doubt find that there's a good chance Cincy hasn't laid six points to Pittsburgh ever in the last 40 years. All of the database guys spit out Pitt, the englishman has Pitt, Kellen is on pitt and countless others. But those who watch football with their eyes realize how good the value is here, and that the right line is closer to 9. This Steeler team is real bad and tonight you're gonna get a chance to make a good score going agianst them. Won't necessarily have it going forward. I hit it -5.5 when CRIS went there the other night and I expect to see it again. I'll get more (ran out of credit last week with all the college $ in play etc., but I'm stocked up again now hahaha). You won't have to lay more than 6 here; there is no chance of the game going up because of all the sharp money against me. I respect it, but...

The play: Cincy -6 or better real big.

Someone asked me about the total. I made it a bit lower but you gonna be real hard-pressed to get me to bet UN 41 or worse in a Niffel game that does not involve the following teams: Cleveland, Tampa, Tennessee, Jets and MAYBE Carolina. So El Paso, GL...

:goal:

Back