NFL Pre Season Discussion

Wonder how long til Nabers gets real sick of Danny dimes?!? We really need a more insulting name for this guy!

What a play and throw by Caleb Williams, shoulda just cashed the 1st half. Dunno why he gets so much criticism? He looks like the real deal to me. Sure the play before after another great play with his feet he rushed and made a bad throw but the kid has a lot of mahomes when it comes to ability to escape and continue looking down the field for big plays!

Whew, they trade to let Danny not worth a dime stay out there and look good against bench players and guys battling for spot on practice squad and he almost pulled out a td against them, with his entire 1st team offense playing with him btw! Luckily he still came up short and could only get 3!!

As awful giants are gonna be the Texans look like a legit SB contender imo!

Cash the kc 1st qrtr over, almost forgot how much I liked this preseason shit! Shame it only 3 weeks, I say we add few and take away that stupid ass 17th game! Instead these pricks gonna add a 18th game (cause let’s face it -7 was fucjing moronic!) and prob take another preseason game away ::(

The pace of that Rams game last week was pretty fast. Game had 7 scores and Sean definitely wanted the win. If Bennet doesn't toss 4 picks and Lance throw for it on 4th and goal on the half yard line it's a different game.
No doubt. Even with me watching everything about the Rams don’t know how I would play this.

Didn’t know Tua was gonna get a drive but that wasn’t even what fucked this play, I was sure Daniel’s was playing the entire 1st half not take him out when he balling and put in garbage fuck Jeff driskel. I know the other qbs were out so thought for sure Daniels get a half hence was all over washigton 1st half. This clown driskel isn’t leading a td drive, didn’t help garbage kicker missed a 43 yarder either.

Problem is Fields blows

lol. That does appear to be an issue! You woulda thought he go off against guys who be on practice squads! I dunno what was dumber when they had that 4th and short inside 20 the play call or him not handing it off. Dumb fuck just missed a wide open td. Lol

In fairness to fields and prob Russ also, Steelers havnt had a decent play caller since that guy who got hired away as cardinals head coach a long long time ago! Hailey maybe? I forget

Dude he sucks, Russ ain't losing out to his indecisive ass. Only thing to point to is he's got guys that won't be on the team blocking and running routes for him but on some of those plays he had plenty of time and also had windows to throw into

Titans hits fg at buzzer!!

Not gonna lie, I dunno how the fuck I got away with under in the cards/colts game but I’ll take it! Makes up for getting lied to in Miami/wash game plus kicker missing fg! Overall awesome ass week! I wish we could have 5-6 weeks of preseason! Lot less regular season, who needs that shit? lol 😝

Dude he sucks, Russ ain't losing out to his indecisive ass. Only thing to point to is he's got guys that won't be on the team blocking and running routes for him but on some of those plays he had plenty of time and also had windows to throw into

The way Steelers play I could absolutely see him having the job by week 6. He does suck but he also makes explosive plays, when you play d like them 1-2 explosive plays they can win games. Russ 15 play drives for a fg not so much. Plus gonna be a culture clash, young WRs gonna like fields better.

Did they take team totals away in preseason? I used to be them! I can’t find anywhere this year. I’d love to play donks ov 23 or whatever it be but I don’t really want to play the over 39, it might go over but not super confident in packers scoring more than 13 or so. Guess could just lay the points but I don’t play many td favs in preseason.

They do have this bet donks throw 2+ td passes +140. Think nix will get 1 before he leaves then the Wilson vs Stidham competition to be backup and playing against scrubs I think produces at least one td pass between them. Best play I could find donks 2+ td passes +140 it for me.

No idea on other game. Gl everyone

Did they take team totals away in preseason? I used to be them! I can’t find anywhere this year. I’d love to play donks ov 23 or whatever it be but I don’t really want to play the over 39, it might go over but not super confident in packers scoring more than 13 or so. Guess could just lay the points but I don’t play many td favs in preseason.

They do have this bet donks throw 2+ td passes +140. Think nix will get 1 before he leaves then the Wilson vs Stidham competition to be backup and playing against scrubs I think produces at least one td pass between them. Best play I could find donks 2+ td passes +140 it for me.

No idea on other game. Gl everyone
Great call Bank. I semi tailed this with Donks 1st half and game. Same kind of game I thought would happen in Vegas. Raiders have been burning my ass for a long time.

Great call Bank. I semi tailed this with Donks 1st half and game. Same kind of game I thought would happen in Vegas. Raiders have been burning my ass for a long time.

Thanks bro coulda just laid the points but I wasn’t real confident how packers offense do, obviously I had suspeuins it be bad which why I didn’t want to play the game over, I’m not huge fan of laying a td in preseason either cause those 4th qrtrs can bite us in the ass, this paid better anyways!!

if we could only have 8-9 weeks of preseason! Lol. Unfortunately week 2 is really the only one I think we can find big edges. Week 1 usually some unders, next week can be really tough but hopefully we find a few teams still working on things, having position battles, or just superior backup qbs out to prove something vs a few that will prob treat it like not much more than a inconvenience w maybe a few practice spots up for grabs. Kinda a bummer I can’t cap regular season this well! Lol. Prob cause not that many ppl wise to the fact there actually money to be made here. It’s crazy how often I get told betting preseason a crap shoot if not flat out a waste of money! Who am I to argue, let them keep thinking it while I pad my bank account every year lthis week !! I find the reg season much tougher but that what ncaa is for!!

I have certain players or teams in every sport that I can’t figure out to save my life! It’s like I know before I bet it no matter what I come up with the shit will go so completely opposite it have me looking like a damn moron!! Lmao, yet I still keep trying!

I had no clue on niners/raiders kinda leaned under but feel like one the best ways to do well in preseason is to stay off games you don’t think you have a great read on. I got burnt on only one where I was lied to bout who playing and how long on the ones I bet. Figure if you can stick to the ones everything being said makes sense ya do ok!

Steve Makinen, big stats guy at vsin.
he's listed these two trends for a few yrs. THe "37" total being one I have played when bored and don't want to work, just have action.
I thought I'd track it .

So far with two gms left this week.

1. LINE RANGES have proven very telling

Oddsmakers have essentially led bettors to water in the preseason, although it is easy to see how these prices can seem tricky. Since 2010, 13 teams have been favored by more than seven points. Nine of these heavy favorites won their games outright, but they were 4-9 ATS (30.8%). At the same time, favorites in the “sweet spot” range of -3.5 to -7 have been quite reliable, going 143-112-4 ATS for 56.1%. However, most games tend to land in the -1 to -3 range, and those are where the underdogs thrive. Since 2015, underdogs in the +1 to +3 range own a highly profitable record of 162-110 ATS, good for 59.6%. On that last angle, underdogs in ’23 went 13-8 ATS.

+1/+3 6-5
-3.5/-7 1-3
-7+

7. “37” is a MAGIC NUMBER for totals

Since 2010 in the NFL preseason, the number 37 has proved to be quite the benchmark in terms of totals. Totals less than 37 have gone OVER at a rate of 58.9% (279-195), including 10-3 last preseason. Those closing totals of 37 or higher have gone UNDER at a 56.4% clip (527-407).

10-5
1. LINE RANGES have proven very telling

+1/+3 14-6(8-1 wk2)
-3.5/-7 5-5(4-2 wk2)
-7+ 0-1

7. “37” is a MAGIC NUMBER for totals

18-13 (8-8 wk2)

The little I’ve seen so far:

The Steelers may have some problems. Both QBs look pretty bad. These are long running themes with each and new teams. Can only point the finger so many times until you gotta point the thumb.

Saints. Yawn. The running game was cool to see the other night vs SF. That was w/o Kamara and Kendre Milller(waste pick could’ve had Tadej Spears), that was promising. I’m sure Carr took all credit in his head. The race between Spencer Rattler and Jake Haener for 2 been the story. The defense should be pretty good.

New crop of QBs look promising.

Head coach Shane Steichen told reporters following Tuesday's practice that the starting units on both sides will get some run during the finale.

“Yeah, our starters will play about a quarter and a half, probably give or take," Steichen said. "I mean, some guys might play less, some guys might play more, but want to get those guys out there and run around on Thursday night.”

Anthony Richardson and the starting offense were only on the field for two drives and a total of seven plays in the preseason opener against the Denver Broncos.

Head coach Shane Steichen told reporters following Tuesday's practice that the starting units on both sides will get some run during the finale.

“Yeah, our starters will play about a quarter and a half, probably give or take," Steichen said. "I mean, some guys might play less, some guys might play more, but want to get those guys out there and run around on Thursday night.”

Anthony Richardson and the starting offense were only on the field for two drives and a total of seven plays in the preseason opener against the Denver Broncos.
He's a terrible coach if he lets Richardson do anything more than take a couple snaps to get in game time rhythm with the center. That's all I can think. Can't see any reason AR does anything meaningful. And barring injury the Colts will have one of the best front 7s in the NFL. I actually did a lil bit of homework last week when the Cards were there for a couple days. Colts secondary sucks. All about the front getting pressure which they will do a lot.

Case for Bears tonight:

They've won their 3 preseason games, backups have looked better than the other teams' backups. Rypien has 3 TD passes, Bagent has 2 so the backup QB are quite capable of taking apart the KC backups. Went small on Bears to score first/ML +160

Case for Bears tonight:

They've won their 3 preseason games, backups have looked better than the other teams' backups. Rypien has 3 TD passes, Bagent has 2 so the backup QB are quite capable of taking apart the KC backups. Went small on Bears to score first/ML +160

Good call. I did not realize Wentz wasn’t gonna get any snaps! I thought he would play at least a qr if not whole half. Once I saw whoever the fuck at qb for kc I knew my 1st half was toast! lol

Yeah, that South Dakota kid for the Chiefs is unbelievably bad. I hit Bears live 1h -9.5 and was gifted it by him being so bad.

Indy/Bears ML parlay was $$$.

I did lose Indy 1H because Ant is a joke of a passing QB and him working on his pocket stuff is hard to watch. He is a one trick pony and I doubt he can stay healthy.

Sort of wondering why 49ers 1H isn't larger? Last night Indy 1h was same as game line.

Raiders NO AOC or Gunner. No clue who these bums are signed off the street? 9ers defense 2s and 3s has looked good this year. Purdy for a few series and then possibly Dobbs?

Need to figure out plans after Purdy but all 3 guys have looked good in Brandon Allen, Dobbs, and Tanner Mordekai.

The Chiefs are so bad reason without Pat. So whatever the Lions did last week shows how equally bad they are. Looking to fade them tomorrow.

I thought 9ers 1h -4.5 -105 was too good to be true and didn’t bite and now it’s -7.

Bums for Raiders and we get a X goat in Dobbs playing for a job.

-9.5 game line but I expect a thrashing.

Yeah, that South Dakota kid for the Chiefs is unbelievably bad. I hit Bears live 1h -9.5 and was gifted it by him being so bad.

Indy/Bears ML parlay was $$$.

I did lose Indy 1H because Ant is a joke of a passing QB and him working on his pocket stuff is hard to watch. He is a one trick pony and I doubt he can stay healthy.

somehow I hit the 1st half under in Indy. I didn’t think there was any chance of that after AR scored 1 td for each team! Then after it looks more and more better all a sudden someone ended up inside the 10 with 30 seconds left and I was sure it was toast, fuckers didn’t even take the fg which woulda been fine, went for the td but I held on! I woulda been super pissed losing that one after that kc bull shit. Once I saw the future bus driver come out to start for kc at qb I knew I lost that bet, then the mfers still should have tied 1st half at the worst and I had a half point! Had Wentz played that woulda been free money ! Oh well.

Tonight gotta love jags 1st qrtr and 1st half, I also like jags recieving yards over 225 even money. They don’t have passing yards but receiving yards sane thing basically right? Sounds like jags 1st team gonna get some run, then Mac and cheese should be great vs the future bus drivers on flacons who’s coach has pretty much said he has no interest in this game!

Like the 1st qrtr over 7.5 and 1st half over -19.5 in Florida shootout.

Same w Niners, 1st qrtr over 6.5 and half over 16.5… shanny gonna want some offensive execution, I assume o’connell will play entire 1st half for raiders, I think he can get them a tuddy.

I thought 9ers 1h -4.5 -105 was too good to be true and didn’t bite and now it’s -7.

Bums for Raiders and we get a X goat in Dobbs playing for a job.

-9.5 game line but I expect a thrashing.

I think there be plenty of points and I usually hate preseason overs. Somehow playing 2 of them tonight! lol

Back