CFL Syndicate 2024

1*/.5* Winnipeg +3/ML -126/+125

I don't get this line. These are 2 teams heading in opposite directions with Sask on a major slide while the Bombers are on a major tear. I was worried that the Bombers OL might be a mess but O'Shea confirmed today that Bryant will be back so I'm less concerned about that now. I think they should be able to keep it close if not win outright.

Finally totalling up my record after being lazy for a long time...

Season Results through Week 12

Sides 18-12-1 +0.885*
Totals 4-5 -3.09*
Parlay/Tease 2-1 +0.15*
Live/2H 6-6 -1.165*
Props 0-1 -0.55*

Overall 30-25-2 -3.77*

13-13-1 since week 6. Putrid. But still plenty of time for the comeback. I've been in worse holes and dug myself out.

One more bet for week 13.

1* Edmonton +3 -105

I don't care that Calgary is at home and Dikenson has a great record off a bye. This Edmonton team is hot right now and Calgary defines mediocrity. I think its a close game. 3 points either way.

Not sure I'm going to be able to get there with anything this week. Rare 2-0 for me last week after finally winning a Hamilton game LOL

It "feels" like the clearly better teams at the moment are +3 in three of the four games does it not?

Not sure I'm going to be able to get there with anything this week. Rare 2-0 for me last week after finally winning a Hamilton game LOL

It "feels" like the clearly better teams at the moment are +3 in three of the four games does it not?

Yeah it does sort of seem that way.

In the OTT/BC game I think its warranted though. Ottawa will be without a few players and the game is in Victoria, Rourke's home town. Not that I'm lining up to bet BC but I think they have a solid chance to win.

In Sask, I can't understand why its not a pk or wpg a slight fav.

ML.........2-2
Spread.6-1
O/U.......13-10
Parley...2-16
Total......23-29 +$9

Wpg/Sask o48.5 50/94
Nice call. Got it in the 3rd quarter.

I thought the side was toast when Collaros went out but Streveler did just enough and the Bomber defence did as well. What a game though!

Nothing finalized yet but prolly rolling with Argos and o51.5.

Some interesting stuff about todays Labor Day Classic:

The contest will mark the 10th anniversary of the club's first-ever game at Tim Hortons Field a13-12 Labour Day victory over the Argos, whose head coach was none other than Milanovich.

Hamilton leads the series 36-15-1 and has won nine of the last 12 matchups. However, Toronto will chase a third straight victory Monday afternoon.

Both starting quarterbacks will bring unbeaten streaks into the contest. Chad Kelly led the Argos to a 41-28 Labour Day win last year and is 4-0 all-time versus the Ticats. Bo Levi Mitchell will make his first Labour Day start for Ti-Cats but was 6-0 on Labour Day with Calgary.

A win would also give Hamilton the season series and Harold E. Ballard Trophy.

Argo win clinches a playoff spot for Al's.

Presume you will be their Hulu BOL & enjoy the game. Cheers !!

Nothing finalized yet but prolly rolling with Argos and o51.5.

Some interesting stuff about todays Labor Day Classic:

The contest will mark the 10th anniversary of the club's first-ever game at Tim Hortons Field a13-12 Labour Day victory over the Argos, whose head coach was none other than Milanovich.

Hamilton leads the series 36-15-1 and has won nine of the last 12 matchups. However, Toronto will chase a third straight victory Monday afternoon.

Both starting quarterbacks will bring unbeaten streaks into the contest. Chad Kelly led the Argos to a 41-28 Labour Day win last year and is 4-0 all-time versus the Ticats. Bo Levi Mitchell will make his first Labour Day start for Ti-Cats but was 6-0 on Labour Day with Calgary.

A win would also give Hamilton the season series and Harold E. Ballard Trophy.

Argo win clinches a playoff spot for Al's.

Presume you will be their Hulu BOL & enjoy the game. Cheers !!

Thanks bro. I'll be there. Just rollin up a fatty to smoke while on the walk to the stadium. I generally hate crowds so it helps me deal.

Oskee wee wee!!!

Season Results through Week 13

Sides 20-12-1 +3.51*
Totals 5-5 -2.09*
Parlay/Tease 2-1 +0.15*
Live/2H 7-6 -0.665*
Props 0-1 -0.55*

Overall 34-25-2 +0.335*

4-0 in week 13 and back above the mendoza line. The streak starts here.

Cool seeing Tulia getting his first action and rushing for a TD.

Collaros reported to be taking 1st team reps at practice this morning. Looking like he won't miss any time from the hit last week.

1* Winnipeg ML -150

I don't often like betting the winning team in the rubber match after labour day but I think Winnipeg is in too good a spot and Sask in too bad a spot to bet anything else. First off, both teams on a 6 day week but thats made harder when a team has to travel as Sask does. Advantage Winnipeg. Second, Sask's offensive line was already bottom 3 in the league and now they've lost C Godber and Zack Fry as well. To say this line will be a patchwork is an understatement. And Oulette, an outstanding pass blocking RB being on the 6-game, makes it even worse. Give me the streaking Bombers at home against the slumping Riders.

Bombers will be without Bighill as he hits the 6-game and that is a big loss but I think the depth they have at the position will be up to the task. This is a very good defence.

Last edited:
The struggling Calgary Stampeders reportedly are making a dramatic move to try to stay in the playoff hunt.

Justin Dunk of 3DownNation reports the Stampeders will give quarterback Logan Bonner his first start on Saturday against the Edmonton Elks. He'll replace Jake Maier, who threw four interceptions in Monday's loss against Edmonton.

Bonner was on Calgary's practice roster last season and has seen limited action this season. The Dallas native, 26, completed four of six passes for 33 yards after replacing Maier late in last week's game.

Gonna have a little fun here. It occurs to me that with this defence, the only way BC keeps it close is to go score for score with the ALS and after seeing Rourke and co last week, I think they have the talent to do it.

0.5* Parlay BC +3.5 / over 50 +264

BC just sent the league a message. They didn't even play their best game, committed 4 turnovers and still beat a 10-1 team handily.

Man guaranteed would have been so jacked to see Rourke back with his Lions tearing up the league again. Such a damn shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Season Results through Week 14

Sides 22-12-1 +5.51*
Totals 5-5 -2.09*
Parlay/Tease 3-1 +1.47*
Live/2H 7-6 -0.665*
Props 0-1 -0.55*

Overall 37-25-2 +3.675*

Finally getting somewhere. Funny how this happens every year. As soon as CFB & NFL starts, I go on a streak in the CFL. I'm starting to think its not a coincidence. Maybe a lot of people move over to those sports and the CFL market softens and gets more beatable.

Edmonton Elks’ interim head coach Jarious Jackson confirmed on Saturday night that Tre Ford will be back under centre for the team in its next game.

Only 3 games this weekend, Ottawa@Hamilton looks to be the big game, Ottawa win clinches a playoff spot I believe.

Edmonton Elks’ interim head coach Jarious Jackson confirmed on Saturday night that Tre Ford will be back under centre for the team in its next game.
Interesting. Its not like MBT had been faltering the past few. If it were me I'd keep rolling with him. Unless this is about selling tickets which it very well could be.

I see one line I absolutely love and will hammer. Just waiting on Pinny to put up lines because I'll likely get a better price there.

1*/1* BC Lions -4/ML -109/-212
1* TOR / BC over 52 -109

Big bet for me on the side. Not only are these 2 teams headed in opposite directions right now, the Argos are in a terrible spot.

Chad Kelly may be back but this is not the 2023 Argos team. In 3 games he hasn't returned to form yet and in the last game looked totally out of sync with the offence. The OL has had some injuries and the receiving corps is a step down from last year so its not surprising. On the defensive side, their back 8 are a huge step down from last year's squad and opposing QBs have been able to pick this secondary apart like its not even there. Bo Levi Mitchell and Dru Brown each put up over 340 yards on them in the last 2. What do you think Rourke will do? The Argos are on their 3rd straight road game and its a tough trip across country on a 6 day week with a late, 10pm eastern start. They have traditionally been slaughtered in this spot and I don't see a reason why that trend doesn't continue here.

Meanwhile Rourke has improved in every game he's played. He just needs to cut down the bad INTs to really be considered back to full form and vs the Argos is a great way to get right. They have been playing more balanced with Stanback chewing up yardage and that has really helped out their OL and their defence which is average on a good day. Complementary football. It looks like they might get Schleuger back on the OL also which can only help.

My numbers say this game should be 6.5 but the way things are trending right now, 7.5 is not out of the question as a fair line.

As for the total, this is the highest number of the week but I still don't think the books are getting totals right. Through 2/3 of the season, the avg 60min score is 51.8 so setting this at 52 implies an average game. But both these offences are capable of much more. Since Rourke has returned to form the Lions have put up 38 and 37 points and did it against better defences than this (OTT & MTL). The Argos should be good for 21 at least. I made this total 54.5 but there's a good chance it flies over that number too.

Last edited:
I want to bet Hamilton too but I will wait it out to see what happens Friday night first. Because if Toronto wins, Hamilton's slim playoff hopes will all but disappear.

If Toronto loses, the cats have new life and motivation.

1* Hamilton +4 -107

I wanted to wait until BC won to take this but a tout just released it ads his play of the year so the line is gonna move. Getting on it now.

Look who's back on the bandwagon!

I like this new owner Larry Thompson. They let him drive the Elks mini firetruck on the sideline last game and he drove it right into Calgary's bench. LOL
Larry play by the rules of the streets

Gonna add a somewhat correlated parlay as well.

0.5* BC ML / HAM ML +287

Hamilton is currently 3 games behind Toronto for the last playoff spot in the east with 6 games to go. Hamilton owns the tie-breaker so they only need to tie Toronto in the standings to get the playoff berth. If BC wins Friday night (as I strongly suspect they will), that sets the table for the tabbies to gain a game on the Argos with a win on Saturday. The 2 teams then play the following week which would allow Hamilton to gain another game. A Toronto loss tonight will have the Cats salivating.

Its going to be a really good or really bad weekend for me.

Back