Opening Night Discussion/Help

SF_capper

CTG addict
Ok guys. I want to put down decent sized bet on Cleveland. Expecting the line to open Boston -6 or so. I obviously want the best line possible. Any thoughts of which direction this line goes? Should I get it asap or wait til tip

Always a tradition for me, bet the under on all games opening day of the season, well maybe except for phoenix and now NY .

I think your pretty on point with 6. Not sure it can move more than 1 or 1.5 from 6, but i'd assume public money comes in on the Champs on opening night.

Phoenix should be slowed down this year with Porter. Very interesting situation there with Kerr bringing in the 7 footer and Porter but then also signing Matt Barnes in the offseason. It's like which way do you want to go Stevie.

---That 7 footer out of Stanford Lopez showed WELL that outdoor presesoner. He moves so damn well he is great defensively not just blocking shots rebounding but HELP DEFENSE. Head on a swivel moving his feet.

-----Cleveland. Does Mo Williams speed them up??? Barkely has been making this point and it's a great one. Cleveland needs to be more up tempo.

---Cleveland. How is this team really different to put them over the top?

SF Capper....what are you seeing here to bet Cleveland opening night? Does this type of qustiion even apply to NBA. Everything is feel....which feels too much like gambling.

SF I might grab a little bit at opening and then wait it out and put the rest on it if it moves to your liking. With lines you just don't know. Public might be on Boston but if sharps are on Cleveland they have the big money and line goes opposite.

-----Cleveland. What is Ferry doing signing JJ Hickson when you have Varejo and Wallace and your passing on perimeter athletes to help Lebron like Chris Douglass Roberts.

I like what is going on up in Jersey FWIW.

Phoenix should be slowed down this year with Porter. Very interesting situation there with Kerr bringing in the 7 footer and Porter but then also signing Matt Barnes in the offseason. It's like which way do you want to go Stevie.

---That 7 footer out of Stanford Lopez showed WELL that outdoor presesoner. He moves so damn well he is great defensively not just blocking shots rebounding but HELP DEFENSE. Head on a swivel moving his feet.

-----Cleveland. Does Mo Williams speed them up??? Barkely has been making this point and it's a great one. Cleveland needs to be more up tempo.

---Cleveland. How is this team really different to put them over the top?

SF Capper....what are you seeing here to bet Cleveland opening night? Does this type of qustiion even apply to NBA. Everything is feel....which feels too much like gambling.

theres actually A LOT I like about cleveland. It cannot be argued- Boston is a VERY emotional team. Getting the rings before the game (No matter what they say) will have an effect on them. They'll be smiling on the benches, pumping their fists when they get then, gettin the crowd exited= come out flat. Cleveland's last game was there at Boston and you know the king has been itching to get his revenge esp just sitting there watching as Boston receieves the ring he won't have. There's more to it, but ill have it in a writeup by gameday with more facts. But yea overall- boston will be high, bron will be pissed. Boston lost posey- who didnt really play much gainst cleveland anyway, but still. Cleveland got mo will. NO ONE on boston bench can contain bron who'll prolly play 48 minutes vs bostons 35- as i cannot see doc playin starters 40 minutes on opening night as he's been preaching resting them

Boston is still just so superior to the Cavs. Lebron still doesn't make his team around him any better at all... he can't struggle and them still hang around...

I don't think the Cavs deserve anyone's hard earned money unless it's at home. This game should be a "good" game to watch... unfortunately games with Lebron don't usually turn out that way

theres actually A LOT I like about cleveland. It cannot be argued- Boston is a VERY emotional team. Getting the rings before the game (No matter what they say) will have an effect on them. They'll be smiling on the benches, pumping their fists when they get then, gettin the crowd exited= come out flat. Cleveland's last game was there at Boston and you know the king has been itching to get his revenge esp just sitting there watching as Boston receieves the ring he won't have. There's more to it, but ill have it in a writeup by gameday with more facts. But yea overall- boston will be high, bron will be pissed. Boston lost posey- who didnt really play much gainst cleveland anyway, but still. Cleveland got mo will. NO ONE on boston bench can contain bron who'll prolly play 48 minutes vs bostons 35- as i cannot see doc playin starters 40 minutes on opening night as he's been preaching resting them

I think your right. Cleveland is good enough to take this down to the wire. I think Boston got better as the year went on LY, especially in the playoffs every series. I think if Cleveland played Boston a series later, it doesn't go 7.

But the point being look how close Cleveland played Boston in a time when the Boston defense was really becoming air tight.

---The Boston defense is not going to be in "poste season form." I also very highly doubt we see Paul Peirce guarding Lebron. Why wear down Pierce in the opener?

Cleveland is going to be pumped and when you have that situation with a star like Lebron it is really really REALLY hard to blow them out.

I see how much emotion is critical. In the playoffs a team that gets killed by 20 going home in the series is usually money. Boston does not have that situation going for them. They are celebrating the ring ceremony while the Cavs still have something to prove.

--I also see why you want the best line or how lines are very critical in the NBA and how many bad beats their potentially are. Two teams could play evenly and then one gets behind by a couple in the final minute and starts fouling and it ends up a bigger loss and doesn't cover the spread.

Boston is still just so superior to the Cavs. Lebron still doesn't make his team around him any better at all... he can't struggle and them still hang around...

I don't think the Cavs deserve anyone's hard earned money unless it's at home. This game should be a "good" game to watch... unfortunately games with Lebron don't usually turn out that way

I think Cleveland's defense is key here. They have to be up to snuff. It's easy to say they didn't have enough pieces last year and shouldn't have made it that far.

If the Cavs defense is there they can ugly it up and with a star like Lebron, I just think it's likely this is a close game. Now Suns or somebody I would not bet on them opening against Boston. Cavs usually play close games from what I can tell and are consistent when the bright lights are on. And the reason is defense.

Yeah I've just learned to try to avoid betting on the Cavs on the road.. w/ their inconsistencies, especially in the regular season always pissed me off. I love when they play at home in a must-win situation... but I'll probably lay off this... or go UNDER.

I'm taking Cleveland no matter what the line is, Lebron and MO will lead them to win S/U.

Anybody have a guess on what the Lakers line could be? I wanna get it the lowest as possible, you think the public will be jumping on the blazers?

NBA

<table class="matchupBox fontsize12" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="banner"><td colspan="2">NBA - Oct 28 </td></tr><tr class="banner"><td colspan="2">NBA TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH </td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:05 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">501</td><td class="teamCell">CLEVELAND</td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796134_3_0_7_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+7-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796134_3_2_-179.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o179½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"> </td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">502</td><td class="teamCell">BOSTON</td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796134_3_1_-7_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-7-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796134_3_3_179.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u179½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="oddRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>5:35 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">503</td><td class="teamCell">MILWAUKEE</td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796135_3_0_6_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+6-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796135_3_2_-195.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o195½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"> </td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">504</td><td class="teamCell">CHICAGO</td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796135_3_1_-6_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-6-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796135_3_3_195.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u195½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr class="evenRow"><td class="leftColumn"><small>

7:35 PM</small></td><td class="rightColumn"><table class="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="rotCell">505</td><td class="teamCell">PORTLAND</td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796136_3_0_7.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+7½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796136_3_2_-197.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o197½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"> </td></tr><tr><td class="rotCell">506</td><td class="teamCell">LA LAKERS</td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796136_3_1_-7.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-7½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"><label class=""><input name="game" value="796136_3_3_197.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u197½-110 </label></td><td class="selectCell"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

looks like people already jumped on the under in POR/LAL game, now 196.5. dont know whether I should hit it now or wait and hope it comes back up.

Cavs
- West is Questionable

Bucks
- Bogut is Questionable
Bulls
- Hughes is OUT

Trailblazers
- Webster is OUT
Lakers
- Kobias is Probable (hyperextended his knee last week)

Back