New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors Series Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
-610 / +425 series price

Game 1: Golden State -7.5 / 222.5

The first 2nd round match-up is set. Thoughts, analysis and discussion....

Pels jus beat a soft as shit Blazers team, a team they matched up really well with.

They do not match up well with this Dubs team.

No Steph means the Pels win maybe 2 games but no more than that. A 70% Steph means they win Game 4.

Dubs in 4, 5 or 6.

Can't believe the love for the Pels I'm seeing, dudes legitimately believe they can win this series.

Db2Q8nlVAAA7ZiG.jpg

Probably a sweep 4 - 0 in Dubs favor, but hope I'm wrong and Pels can make things interesting...

They are really stringing this series out.

7 games in 17 days.

the 7 in 14 and 7 in 15 is common.... this is overkill...

Would have jumped without Curry. Now will look. I really like the elaborate reasoning

Think I may be reviving the fade GSW 1stq at home plays from earlier this season. How have I missed the fact that it's now 4-1 postseason?

Reactions: KJ
1q and 1h unders haven't sucked either although it certainly didn't work out last night

That's bad news for GSW backers, if Curry makes a comeback in game 2... Dubs will be focused on bringing him back in tо form...

When Curry came back from injury to play against the Trailblazers in he playoffs a couple years ago, he entered the game around midway through the first quarter. The Warriors scored 18 points in that quarter, I believe, though by the end of the game Curry was pretty much back to being Curry.

That's bad news for GSW backers, if Curry makes a comeback in game 2... Dubs will be focused on bringing him back in tо form...

Dubs are focused on moving onto the next round quickly and efficiently.

Pels are an 'overrated' team that's overmatched in this series.

Numbers don't lie.

Scurry will be fine, this team has the best overall chemistry in the league. Dude will slot in just fine like an app update.

Houston is the team with the slightly harder task.

When Curry came back from injury to play against the Trailblazers in he playoffs a couple years ago, he entered the game around midway through the first quarter. The Warriors scored 18 points in that quarter, I believe, though by the end of the game Curry was pretty much back to being Curry.
Good memory.

Heh! OK., I don’t believe —I know — because I looked it up. Otherwise I wouldn’t have known if it was 18 or 35 they scored in the first quarter...

Not sure how the Pels are overrated. They just swept portland after all 23 Espn media members picked the Blazers. The Pels were vastly underrated entering the playoffs. They are a decent team with one of the top 5 players in the world. Davis might be the best overall player in this series actually. If Cousins didn’t get hurt they’d be even more dangerous. But GS has too much. I dont think any team can beat GS. Doesnt mean the Pelicans are overrated. A 6 seed sweeping a 3 is unheard of. Portland is clearly overrated but thats still quite a feat.

Last edited:
Not sure how the Pels are overrated. They just swept portland after all 23 Espn media members picked the Blazers. The Pels were vastly underrated entering the playoffs. They are a decent team with one of the top 5 players in the world. Davis might be the best overall player in this series actually. But GS has too much. I dont think any team can beat GS. Doesnt mean the Pelicans are overrated. A 6 seed sweeping a 3 is unheard of. Portland is clearly overrated but thats still quite a feat.
Hard to use seeding here when they were merely 1 game apart. I think he means that the Pelicans are overrated because people are overvaluing them based off the sweep and recency bias

Hard to use seeding here when they were merely 1 game apart. I think he means that the Pelicans are overrated because people are overvaluing them based off the sweep and recency bias
True, that makes sense. I’m sure that’s what he means. But even with the seeding not 1 of the 23 nba media on ESPN picked New Orleans to win the series and they swept. Sucks Boogie got hurt because with him NO was even more dangerous. Still a good run regardless. Davis is finally getting his due. Will be interesting to see what the future holds for the Pels.

Bingo. Ryno gets me.

Yeah, recency. Game 1 wasn't an aberration, the Pels are thoroughly overmatched in this series.

Their strengths are negated which was the opposite in their previous series vs the Blazers in which their strengths were multiplied.

And who cares about what ESPN/Disney thinks,

I'd say they all picked the higher seed in every series unless the lower seed had LeBron aka LeCramps who ESPN dedicate most of their NBA coverage too.

And as I pointed out in my thread and others have pointed out,

Teams that surpass their regular season selves in a series and win somewhat against the odds rarely if at all back it up the following series.

Bingo. Ryno gets me.

Yeah, recency. Game 1 wasn't an aberration, the Pels are thoroughly overmatched in this series.

Their strengths are negated which was the opposite in their previous series vs the Blazers in which their strengths were multiplied.

And who cares about what ESPN/Disney thinks,

I'd say they all picked the higher seed in every series unless the lower seed had LeBron aka LeCramps who ESPN dedicate most of their NBA coverage too.

And as I pointed out in my thread and others have pointed out,

Teams that surpass their regular season selves in a series and win somewhat against the odds rarely if at all back it up the following series.
Got ya. I’m just pointing out how stupid the so called experts are. I think GS is one of the top 2-3 teams all time. Davis is an awesome player but I don’t see Rondo and Holliday duplicating their success against Portland here. Mirotic got shut down in the first game, too. That being said NO is better than most people thought going into the playoffs. Hopefully they’ll re-sign Boogie or bring in some outside help for AD next year. Who do you like in tomorrow nights game btw?

GS on Tuesday is actually worse than Toronto
1-8 ATS Anyone remember the last Tuesday game?

They are really stringing this series out.

7 games in 17 days.

the 7 in 14 and 7 in 15 is common.... this is overkill...

that's what happens when you put new orleans in the western conference

you have to remember that GS goes a whole month without leaving the state of cali during the season....

the nba isn't going to make life tough on them lol

Last edited:
GS on Tuesday is actually worse than Toronto
1-8 ATS Anyone remember the last Tuesday game?

That's the way the cookie crumbles with the scheduling.

Would be concerned about the Dubs giving up the backdoor on Taco Tuesday again more than I'd be worried about the Raps given the nature of both series.

After going up 13, the Splash Bros totally destroyed any chance of a 'frontdoor' cover...

1:47.0 S. Curry makes 3-pt shot from 26 ft (assist by K. Durant) 119-106

1:47.0 New Orleans full timeout

1:36.0 A. Davis misses 3-pt shot from 22 ft

1:34.0 Defensive rebound by A. Iguodala

1:19.0 Turnover by S. Curry (bad pass; steal by E. Moore)

1:16.0 R. Rondo makes 2-pt shot from 2 ft (assist by E. Moore) +2 108-119

1:07.0 K. Thompson misses 3-pt shot from 22 ft

1:05.0 Defensive rebound by A. Davis

1:02.0 J. Holiday makes 2-pt shot from 2 ft (assist by A. Davis) +2 110-119

1:02.0 Golden State full timeout

0:42.0 K. Thompson misses 2-pt shot from 4 ft (block by E. Moore)

0:41.0 Offensive rebound by K. Thompson

0:38.0 K. Thompson misses 2-pt shot from 2 ft

0:36.0 Defensive rebound by A. Davis

0:35.0 A. Davis makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by R. Rondo) +3 113-119

0:29.0 Golden State full timeout

0:28.0 Personal foul by D. Miller (drawn by D. Green)

0:28.0 D. Green makes free throw 1 of 2 +1 120-113

0:28.0 D. Green makes free throw 2 of 2 +1 121-113

0:23.0 113-121 Personal foul by S. Curry (drawn by A. Davis)

0:20.0 E. Moore misses 2-pt shot from 22 ft

0:18.0 Defensive rebound by K. Thompson

0:10.0 Turnover by S. Curry (bad pass; steal by R. Rondo)

0:07.0 E. Moore makes 3-pt shot from 26 ft (assist by R. Rondo) +3 116-121

Not sure why Kerr decided to start Javale at the 5. Javale is useless against this Pelicans team. AD is too quick for him. Games 1 and 2 he had Draymond start as the Center, and it worked out nicely.

Hopefully for game 4 he goes back to Draymond as the starting Center. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

KD was so disengaged last night for whatever reason.

Defensively he was a mess.

You could tell the Dubs attitude towards the game when Curry did that stupid and-1 dance.

With the 2 days off between games they weren't there to close it out.

The city got them.

Dubs want this win bad for the mere fact of wanting to close this series out in game 5 in Oakland, and not have to come back to NO.

Hopefully we see a focused team from the start.

Back