NBA Training Camp/Preseason/Media Days Discussion...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Lets get an all-inclusive thread for the next several weeks leading up to the season...

I'll definitely be a bit more involved with the home team this year as my interest started peaking a bit last year with a nice foundation and even moreso now after a nice draft.

This is going to be a very interesting season, and you can go no further than the Nets and Lakers for plenty of storylines.

Add in the Ben Simmons trade, Klay returning and a full Clippers season with Kawhi and we have lots to discuss...

Showtime, leggo boys!

Biggest storyline will be to vaccine or not vaccine. Wiggins already an issue in Gsw, Kyrie possibly won’t be playing home games unless he gets vaccinated, etc. I see this getting ugly and legal battles coming

Kyrie already killing the nets and season hasn’t started. He’s clearly not getting vaccinated, although some say push come to shove he will, and there are rumors nets want to move him since he’s gonna miss at least half their games being ineligible to play, but his camp has put it out there he’d retire before being traded and playing somewhere else lol, wonder how KD factors into this? Simmons for Kyrie seems like the move IF he would accept it. Simmons lack of offense wouldn’t be exposed on the nets and would improve their d, and Kyrie w Embiid would be lethal

This is a real situation, guy is trying to act like a martyr in a world where we don't put up with martyrs
Agree. I don’t feel bad for the team tho they knew the baggage he had when they signed him. Dudes mad talented but mentally not all there

Kyrie already killing the nets and season hasn’t started. He’s clearly not getting vaccinated, although some say push come to shove he will, and there are rumors nets want to move him since he’s gonna miss at least half their games being ineligible to play, but his camp has put it out there he’d retire before being traded and playing somewhere else lol, wonder how KD factors into this? Simmons for Kyrie seems like the move IF he would accept it. Simmons lack of offense wouldn’t be exposed on the nets and would improve their d, and Kyrie w Embiid would be lethal
He could say he got the vaccine and not really get it and nobody would know. Seems like the easy solution here.

I forgot to play the Bulls but this starting lineup may have the best +/- in preseason history. Combined +60 through 2 games.

Bulls gonna be relevant this season but they aren't gonna be more than a 1st round exit.

Mucks got the East again.

The real fun is out West.

Bulls gonna be relevant this season but they aren't gonna be more than a 1st round exit.

West will be fun, no doubt.

I don't think the east is concrete yet.

Obviously we gotta see what shakes out in possible trades.

Love the Nets for taking a stance

Fuck the Flat Earth guy for making this a story instead of just doing what's intelligent. He's a lemming.

Not if Ball becomes an elite shooter. Should be better than the second tier of 6ers, Celtics, Hawks, Knicks squads.

Love the Nets for taking a stance

Fuck the Flat Earth guy for making this a story instead of just doing what's intelligent. He's a lemming.

I respect him for putting his money where his mouth is since the vaccine offers zero protection against spread. So therefore, no need for the mandates. He’s also sticking up for those who lost their jobs as a result of thinking for themselves. Nothing lemming about Kyrie - a lot of issues. But lemming. Nope.

Last edited:
Ball will never become an elite shooter, that busted stroke cannot be fixed.

38% last year on a bad team not awful. 9/17 this preseason. He improved his FT % by almost 30%. I expect him to shoot over 40% from 3 this season which would be pretty remarkable.

What's the story this time?
I see him forcing his way out of NO if they don’t make playoffs this year.

Was this expected when he had the surgery? Did he just have it late like a Michael Thomas for the saints? Or is his recovery taking longer than originally thought?

I see him forcing his way out of NO if they don’t make playoffs this year.

Was this expected when he had the surgery? Did he just have it late like a Michael Thomas for the saints? Or is his recovery taking longer than originally thought?

I’m not sure he can financially pass on the rookie extension one year early to stay with his current team for slightly more money. Even the biggest divas always take the first deal.

I’m not sure he can financially pass on the rookie extension one year early to stay with his current team for slightly more money. Even the biggest divas always take the first deal.
OT but kinda on...

League for next bargaining agreement wants to put in some stipulations about these guys signing the super max then within a year or so asking for a trade.

OT but kinda on...

League for next bargaining agreement wants to put in some stipulations about these guys signing the super max then within a year or so asking for a trade.

Makes sense. The terms of that deal should be limited to the town you sign it in. Begging your way out should revert you to regular max money.

Reactions: KJ
Makes sense. The terms of that deal should be limited to the town you sign it in. Begging your way out should revert you to regular max money.
Seems like a way the player can manipulate the system for a max deal but behind the scenes work out a handshake deal with other players and teams to instantly demand a trade

So unvaccinated road players are allowed to play in ny/sf/la but unvaccinated home players are not? Is that true? Is that why Beal was able yo play at the Knicks last night or am I missing something?

So unvaccinated road players are allowed to play in ny/sf/la but unvaccinated home players are not? Is that true? Is that why Beal was able yo play at the Knicks last night or am I missing something?
I think they cannot in NY(the mayor changed it after original man date).

But they definitely can in LA

Not sure about SF

Foot. Basically Griff said he would be ready…Zion never did.

I’m putting my money on a Fuck YOU to Griff but who knows
Gotta sell while he's still worth something

Haven't heard that anyone at this point wants him and the drama but I'm sure it can still be churched up before it's realized he loves being rich and famous more than playing basketball

That’s pretty fire…I would leave off alotta the writing though.

Always like to see what teams do

Back