Friday Situational Play

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
'05/'06: 122-94 (56%)
'06/'07: 81-63 (56%)

Just wanna say that this season has sucked. 18 credit hours, a job, girl problems, and other priorities have totally sapped my focus. At this time next year I should be settled down with a job and I'll have some time to get my mojo back. Very hard to win at this thing if you're not focused. But I'm a very competitive person. I don't half-ass anything in my life and I won't accept this next season.

Queens +5 (-110 @ Greek)
The Miami train comes to a stop tonight at home. My boy Artest and his friends should take this game SU. Queens will be way hungrier and show way more energy.

:wacka wacka:

whats so situational about it

Fair question. Miami played in Jersey last night and won. Long way from home, and a long flight patting themselves on the back. They've won a million games in a row and are riding high. Obviously they're going to the playoffs. The aging backcourt each played 40+ mins last night. Sac just had a brutal fucking loss vs. Charlotte, a game they should've won. They come tonight rested and desperate for a win, a win over the champs could turn everything around for 'em. This Miami train has to get derailed, this is just insane.

I agree with your pick. The Queens should be demoted to the NBDL if they cannot cover the 5 points tonight. Only thing that scares me is that the Heat since Shaq came over is something like 25-1 SU at home in March.

Good luck. It honestly didn't occur to me that this line would be so blazingly high...but I do think the Bulls win. Perhaps a repeat of the Utah game.

I agree it is a good situation to fade the Heat, but I disagree with the play.
Now sit down a bit and tell me are the Kings really +5 in Miami? Yes Miami won a ton of games in a row and are flying high, but in order to take a serious look at this one I would have to have at least +7.5 or more.

The number is rather short here (not to mention that it opened at 4.5), and the Kings are horrid on the road. The Heat are a rather old team, NBA veterans who just don't seem to be losing games, Wade or no Wade, Kapono or no Kapono.

I should know I lost with them twice in a week, first against Utah and that amazing comeback, then the Nets. Faded them both times, and lost.

So take my arguments with a pinch of salt, since I'm obviously "afraid of the fire" after getting burnt on the finger twice, but I can't realize how a sucky team like the Kings can get ONLY 5 points in Miami, regardless of b2b.

The Heat can play D and have bodies in the paint and should torture the slow, aching Kings interior (Kenny Thomas is questionable btw). Brad Miller is incredibly slow. So is Shaq but not Haslem, and they have Zo, so some depth there.

If anyone's going to win this game it should be Bibby with his 8-10 assist effort, he should feed whoever is open and get a grip soon on who's hot and who's not. But overall I feel the bookies are waiting for Miami to lose, they could have EASILY made them favs last night in NJ but they didn't. Now they could easily give 6.5-7.0 but they're not.

They know this is crazy as hell, an injury hit team playing on this level for so long.

I wish you luck on this one Killa, I've had enough of the Kings after last Sunday, having watched them AT HOME against Denver, playing like utter crap.
Just can't back them here, and most probably won't be going on Miami either, even though I do feel this number is a tad short.

Good luck tonight. :shake: :cheers:

Have not made up my mind but Miami facing Orlando on the 18th after the 29 point loss certainly helps the play. GL

Killa... I agree here with you. Kings match up extremely well with the HEAT. Miller will make Shaq have to work and Artest should be ready for a comming out party after he laid the smack down on some girl....

More I look into this MIAMI is an absolute sucker bet. 80% on them... on a B2B... laying 5 to a West Coast team in the playoff hunt? SAC I repeat matches up well against the Heat... no way the Heat successfully pull away in this one.

Back