Favor/suggestion for the NBA folk

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
OK, so I'm not really an NBA bettor.

I used to be, only on occasion, mostly in the playoffs. But then a few years ago the level of basketball was--not to mention the Knicks were--so bad I literally turned off my TV when it came on.

I still can't actually watch an entire NBA regular season game. But that's just me.

However, all that said, I've been reading some of the threads as they start the rumble toward tip off and it seems some of the sage NBA minds around here have some good key spots they're looking at already and it gave me an idea.

All these spots people have mentioned for specific plays coming up in the first three-ish weeks of the season, they're all scattered around all these threads.

What if we put them all in one thread so people (cough, like me, cough) would remember to look at those games when the spots come up.

For example, I think Believe has a spot to go against the Cavs round about game five and somebody else has a spot to go against the Heat at home, then there was one about either Dallas and the Spurs vs. GS.

Someone else mentioned Portland overs right out of the gate.

Just a cheat sheet of the first one or two games folks have circled for the first month or so of the season. It might be helpful for, you know, certain posters out there. Like Fondy, for example.

Just an idea.

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38219

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38916

not much but similiar threads that I started a bit ago. One that I have circled is November 3rd. Dallas at home against Sac. for those that don't know...

in a preseason game, Brad Miller shoved little Devin Harris to the ground on a play, so in defense of his teammate, Josh Howard ran over and elbowed/shoved Brad Miller in the back of his head

Josh Howard receieved a 2 game suspension while Brad Miller got nothing. Howard (an underrated star) said (I forget where) that it was unfair that Miller got nothing, and that he "wouldn't" forget this.

almost storyboook that Howard's first game back from suspension will be at home against Sacramento.

The line will likely be huge, say 14, but I think Dallas covers easy- 1st H and Q as well. unfortunately, Ron Artest and Bibby are out and will likely be out, making this line even higher, but a 20 pt win is likely in my book

Thanks, SF. Let's see if I can get this ball rolling.

From Rod Steel:
Seattle Supersonics = pound the fuck out of the overs early season

From T-Dot:
Look for Toronto overs to start (I'm paraphrasing)

From gpcyan:
Look for Cleveland unders to start (again, paraphrasing)

Thanks, SF. Let's see if I can get this ball rolling.

From Rod Steel:
Seattle Supersonics = pound the fuck out of the overs early season

From T-Dot:
Look for Toronto overs to start (I'm paraphrasing)

From gpcyan:
Look for Cleveland unders to start (again, paraphrasing)

Nice idea..and I agree...

I'll be around a lot in morning afternoon morrow and will look into..net was down for first 90 minutes home..so behind a bit tonight

From Believe:
Circle Nov 14 and 17 on your calendar and take the home teams (against the visiting Knicks).

Bet Grizzlies UNDERS to start the year. Nov 7 and 9 stand out.

On the Hornets, still Believe:
They should murder Sacramento and Portland (Possibly the 2 worst teams in the West). Both those games will have spreads under 10. Then they go on the road to Denver and the Lakers where we could get this team +6 points in each game.

On the Rockets:
The first 4 games all have OVER potential. The opening game in LA on 10/30 will certainly be an OVER play.

On the Knicks again:
They will get crushed at Phx. If they enter that game at 4-1, we could see a short line around 7 or 8. I like the Clips to hammer them the next day at another possible undervalued line. They likely will beat Sac, but I love Denver the next day especially if the Knicks beat the Nuggets at home in the 1st meeting.

On Cleveland:
I have Cleveland opening the year at 0-5. Then they go to Sac-town on Nov. 9, and that should be a blow-out win.

On Boston:
Looking at game 2 on Nov 4, they go to Toronto. They likely will be a road fav...I'll guess around 3.5 or 4. Toronto could be a nice value play. A game I'm circling is Nov 10 at New Jersey. Boston will be off a b2b against an Atlanta bunch who will likely speed that game up. I like the Nets to crush Boston there on a short line.

SF Capper:
Nov 2. Dallas at home against Sac. Will be one of those public plays with Dallas ends up winning by 20+

On Miami, again SF Capper:
their second game will be against Indiana on a b2b after Miami. If J O'neal is in, good bet on Nov 2. Then on the 9th against Phoenix at home will probably get under double digits in what will be a DD blow

Seabass on Memphis:
Essentially, Memphis might be one of those teams that goes under against the low scoring teams, and over with the high scoring teams...

JPicks:
Portland November 7th.

Inspekdah:
Fade - Washington on the road... early... especially after a big home win.

Fade - Seattle at home.

FADE - My Bulls when they go on the circus tour. They lose like 80% of these games ATS.

GSW - I see a very strong SU/ATS win/loss correlation with this team.

Hawks at home... early... like them... just like last year... then fade them after a big win... when they hit the road.

This needs some editing, I admit that.

And, really it could use to be married up to a schedule for those dates people have circled outright.

I can't do that right this second, though.

Joe...I will work on this tomorrow..

Imma budget at least 3 hours NBA and 3 hours CFB between morning/afternoon and then late night tomorrow

Sacramento opens up the season with 3 road games

@ New Orleans - 10/31
@ Dallas - 11/2
@ San Antonio -11/3

San Antonio will have a day off before playing them and three days off after this game, playing Houston, so not much concern for them to take it easy versus the Kings.

Knicks @ Denver 11/17
Knicks 4th road game in 5 days
Play Miami at home, then day off to fly out to Phoenix, LAC, day off, SAC, then Denver.
Denver's only game in 5 day span, facing Portland two days before this game and don't have to travel

Portland Nov. 7th

This is all about scheduling and no other angle. Blazers will be the last team to have their home game on Nov. 7th which is 9 days after the season opener. They'll probably be 0-3 with losses @SAN, @NOH, @HOU. They then have three days off before facing the Hornets at home for their opener.

Meanwhile once the Hornets get done playing POR on the 2nd @HOME they have a day off follwed by @DEN, off, @LAL, @POR, off, SAN. So if all goes right they'll be 3-1 worst case heading to Portland on the back end of a B2B with a game versus SAN looming.

It's a perfect spot for the Hornets to have a letdown and the Blazers to come out pumped trying to get their first victory of the season @home.

Back