ECSF: Milwaukee vs Miami Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This should be a very interesting series...

First game tips Monday night.

Lets discuss.

I love the value in Heat +465. They are playing very well right. Now. Bucks certainly the better team, but something still seems off and I believe Mia can contain Giannis.

The Mucks leak 3's. The way they defend the perimeter is their achilles heel and one of the main reasons the Meat have more than a shot at the upset.

Of all the teams in the East that the Mucks could face on their quest to win a 'ship, Miami is the absolute worst opponent for them.

They are a bad match-up for Milwaukee across the board which they proved in the regular season.

Last edited:
As much as people are liking the Heat and more reason to not back the Heat, I'm having a hard time backing Bucks.
They looked soft against the Magic-who really dont have any superstar players. Spols is a much better coach and I think much better coach that will make adjustments against the Bucks. If Miami shoots like they have been ,then yes, I'd almost have to lean towards the Heat

Miami liked to bully Indiana inside. It seems like that‘s a tough tactic against the Bucks who like to collapse on teams inside. But then, as has been stated, the Bucks will give up a lot of threes. Herro, Duncan Robinson, and Dragic can all go off and can hurt the Bucks.

Overs? Since Mucks suck defending the 3 and Meat have great 3 point shooters in Duncan Robinson .....Mucks shoot tons of 3 too.....

Bud a terrible adjustment coach. Big coaching advantage in this one to the Meat.

Overs? Since Mucks suck defending the 3 and Meat have great 3 point shooters in Duncan Robinson .....Mucks shoot tons of 3 too.....

Mucks will shut Robinson down and get killed by dudes like Dragic. That's how they roll.

Bucks lead the league last season or the one before that in opp three points percentage... What changed?

ive never been all that impressed with bucks while everyone drools over them in regular season, i think they just bring moree energy than most teams why they look good when it means next to nothing. throw in the fact they been worse in bubble and miami a bad matchup for them and i dunno i see them advancing? Bam one of the few ppl who creates real problems for freak and jimmy buckets the guy on these teams i want with the ball late way more so than anyone else on the court!!! then there the obvious coaching edge and fact heat defend the paint.. win or lose ill happily keep taking the 5/6 points, although might be smarter to play ml cause if it that close heat prob win more often than not.

Best 'Bubble Fade' at 'Blankets' aka The Lap Dog on the Mucks -5.5 and Thunder +5.5...

Bucks in trouble but not dead yet IMO. Miami has been shooting lights out and I don't know how long that can continue. Bucks played really poorly the past 2 games... SO many ridiculous turnovers, and still barely lost at the end. Miami has definitely found a way to limit Giannis, but if they can get a little better on the def end, I feel they can get back in this thing. I do know they haven't had much luck against Heat this year... just not ready to count them out yet. Though maybe that's just wishful thinking...

I also think that Bucks not done yet, but it is a problem that Heat has best Giannis stoppers in the league probably...
Bucks need to figure things out on offense, since Heat not a great offensive team, it's Bucks making them look so and they need to start hitting three pointers...

Heat are not shooting that well IMO. Bucks struggle to run a smooth offense. Brook is a good player but him and Giannis don’t mesh well. Giannis needs to be at the 5, with a stretch 4 and 3 drive and kick guards who can shoot.

I also think that Bucks not done yet, but it is a problem that Heat has best Giannis stoppers in the league probably...
Bucks need to figure things out on offense, since Heat not a great offensive team, it's Bucks making them look so and they need to start hitting three pointers...

Like someone said in the other thread......Brook Lopez is shooting lights out from 3.....why is he not getting more shots? I’ll rather have him shoot 3 than Freak......speaking of Freak.....work on ur FT please......when he’s at the line, I have a feeling it’s lecramp shooting FT.......

Like someone said in the other thread......Brook Lopez is shooting lights out from 3.....why is he not getting more shots? I’ll rather have him shoot 3 than Freak......speaking of Freak.....work on ur FT please......when he’s at the line, I have a feeling it’s lecramp shooting FT.......

im really confused on why korver isnt getting more run? they could really use another guy out there that can make heat pay for collapsing in the paint so hard!! he a proiven shot maker, why not give him a chance to help space the floor? unless they figure out a way to really make heat pay miami is gonna continue denying freak from getting into the lane. im not so sure they will stop collapsing even if milw does hit some shots so bucks gonna have to have guys making 3s to have any shot. imo the biggest difference is heat have those 3 white boys who not scared to take and make treys to make bucks defense pay for collapsing and leaving shooters while milw doesnt.

i think they be much better served giving korver a bunch those minutes mathews and wiliams getting even if it hurts them on the defensive end. korver was 3-7 from 3 in gm 1 and 1-2 in game 2 yet only got 10 minutes. seems like one the easier and most obvious adjustments to get him 20-25 min to have him space the floor. he shot almost 42% from 3 on the season and has continued shooting well in the bubble. they have to make heat pay for closing down the lane on freak or this series be over quick.

i think they be much better served giving korver a bunch those minutes mathews and wiliams getting even if it hurts them on the defensive end. korver was 3-7 from 3 in gm 1 and 1-2 in game 2 yet only got 10 minutes. seems like one the easier and most obvious adjustments to get him 20-25 min to have him space the floor. he shot almost 42% from 3 on the season and has continued shooting well in the bubble. they have to make heat pay for closing down the lane on freak or this series be over quick.

Pat Connaughton playing so much is the one that’s so confusing to me

Spo just playing the X's and O's better than the wannabe Popovich dude on the other side.

Putting Janice predominantly at the #5 and playing less Irish Patty would go a long way to getting some success against the Meat.

Wow, what a finish. 1st the great pass by kemba on the one end to seemingly win the game. Then Toronto shows what good coaching does on a last second inbounds play!! In stark contrast from the crap okc did last night!

So does masai throw the bucks something around siakim and a few 1sts this summer?

Or just wait till next year when giannas be free

I think it's bad culture to wave the white flag and sit Giannis (that says he is ok) out of 4th game...
If Bucks want to prove they got any kind of contender mentality, they should give it their best and try to win the game. In the end, not all losses are the same imo... especially when you try to build a contender and have Giannis contract ending in less than a year...

If Giannis plays the Heat is an easy winner. If he doesn’t you might see some team ball again and a surprise win.

I think it's bad culture to wave the white flag and sit Giannis (that says he is ok) out of 4th game...
If Bucks want to prove they got any kind of contender mentality, they should give it their best and try to win the game. In the end, not all losses are the same imo... especially when you try to build a contender and have Giannis contract ending in less than a year...
If they do that they are straight bitches.

im assuming you meant if they sit him game 5? For which I agree, I don’t see any chance he sits but we see.

This series over regardless at this point. I just don’t see any way in hell they beat heat 3 more in a row with way heat playing. Books kinda dictated my winning in this series. I couldn’t pass up the points in any the 1st 3 games. Didnt see much point playing them game 4 since spread finally caught up. Kinda want to just play heat till they get last win now but not sure I wanna play them now being favs?

has freak been ruled out? im assume there no way they make that call till the very last minute but line creeping up so curious. thinking maybe if i wait and he does play line come back down some?

Back