• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

*** Conference Finals Discussion Thread ***

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Time to get down to it!

This Western Conference Finals is just what this league needs. We have two of the very best young talents going head-to-head.

The East is a bit of a disappointment BUT these two teams had some fun regular season games.

We shall see, anything can happens.

We'll have opportunities on totals in the East in my opinion. That is my beginning focus.

The West totals are starting low, as they should.

Feel out game #1's.

Time to get down to it!

This Western Conference Finals is just what this league needs. We have two of the very best young talents going head-to-head.

The East is a bit of a disappointment BUT these two teams had some fun regular season games.

We shall see, anything can happens.

We'll have opportunities on totals in the East in my opinion. That is my beginning focus.

The West totals are starting low, as they should.

Feel out game #1's.
Are you thinking overs in East? Definitely my lean with Boston willing to play at Indy’s tempo

Are you thinking overs in East? Definitely my lean with Boston willing to play at Indy’s tempo
Yes.

Obviously we have a lot of regular season data.

Now, I have two ideas on how game #1 goes...

Indy just comes out flat...

Or Indy comes out running on adrenaline and plays great for 12-24 mins. Then they run out of gas.

Despite Boston being my kryptonite on live bets the last month, I'd be stalking that.

My ideal 1st game is early Pacers lead.
.. bet Celtics live... Then pacers fall apart...

Game goes under.

Then pound G2 over.

unders in dallas/minny. 2 best defenses in the league. .......Dallas best traits right now are defense boards, size, and toughness, which is very much Timberwolves esque. Expect Kat Gobert and lively gafford to neutralize each other.

When it comes to Kyrie Luka pj Washington and jones jr vs Edwards Conley McDaniels Naz Reid Walker Anderson I think Minnesota has more ballhandlers and playmakers

Dallas has lived on boards and lob dunks and non scoring role players scoring down low. .......they don't have enough scorers when that down low presence is shut off

unders in dallas/minny. 2 best defenses in the league. .......Dallas best traits right now are defense boards, size, and toughness, which is very much Timberwolves esque. Expect Kat Gobert and lively gafford to neutralize each other.

When it comes to Kyrie Luka pj Washington and jones jr vs Edwards Conley McDaniels Naz Reid Walker Anderson I think Minnesota has more ballhandlers and playmakers

Dallas has lived on boards and lob dunks and non scoring role players scoring down low. .......they don't have enough scorers when that down low presence is shut off
Obviously Minnesota is the best D in the league.

Are we declaring Dallas due to their playoff defense?

Just checking, since their regular season numbers are not great.

I do agree they've stepped it up big-time this playoff.

Hard for my style to simply not fade Indiana off 67% shooting in a game 7 in some fashion regardless of pace. Possibly a 1Q/2Q tt under chase

Obviously Minnesota is the best D in the league.

Are we declaring Dallas due to their playoff defense?

Just checking, since their regular season numbers are not great.

I do agree they've stepped it up big-time this playoff.
Believe 5th best since trade deadline and best from end of regular season till now .....eye test confirms it they absolutely hammered the trade adding gafford jones jr and Washington

1716330573702.png

Enjoy this WCF's everyone. We'll look back in 10 years and remember this as the start of something special.
Looks like it could go 7 but it could end quicker if Finch doesn't get his head out of his a@@

Wolves with all that size lost the points in paint battle massively. Going drop coverage and allowing 20 points on dunks to lively and gafford is criminal. The weakness of the Mavs is hardaway and Jones jr shooting 3s.

Also amazing to me the defensive player of the year series after series seems to be such a liability at times

Local PPH has 6 games or 7 games both +200….hit em both for a +100 that the western series goes 6 or 7. Should be a slugfest.
My math has you laying 2-1 for the entry. If you invest 100 on each, your total investment is 200. If one of the outcomes materializes (only one can, not both), you get back the 100 you invested on the winning outcome,, plus 200 winnings for a total of 300. 300 minus the 200 total investment for both bets gives you a net profit of 100. 200 invested, 100 profit - laying 2-1.

My math has you laying 2-1 for the entry. If you invest 100 on each, your total investment is 200. If one of the outcomes materializes (only one can, not both), you get back the 100 you invested on the winning outcome,, plus 200 winnings for a total of 300. 300 minus the 200 total investment for both bets gives you a net profit of 100. 200 invested, 100 profit - laying 2-1.

Your math is correct; he’s laying $200 to win $100. I’ll make the assumption his local did not offer a bet to play over 5.5 games, which would’ve been in the -160 to -175 range, if available. So he played them individually.

Looks like it could go 7 but it could end quicker if Finch doesn't get his head out of his a@@

Wolves with all that size lost the points in paint battle massively. Going drop coverage and allowing 20 points on dunks to lively and gafford is criminal. The weakness of the Mavs is hardaway and Jones jr shooting 3s.

Also amazing to me the defensive player of the year series after series seems to be such a liability at times
Agree on all of this.

Stunned at those paint points last night.

Your math is correct; he’s laying $200 to win $100. I’ll make the assumption his local did not offer a bet to play over 5.5 games, which would’ve been in the -160 to -175 range, if available. So he played them individually.
yes, correct on the math. Could lose 2 units or win 1….

Been enjoying Western Conference series so far more than I remember enjoying playoffs for many years.
Okc, Denver, Minnesota, Dallas... So much talent, swag, just enjoying the level of basketball I really missed. With all respect for Bron, GSW and the Spurs and their level of game on their way to the title, it's just absolutely different level of basketball.
Rooting for Doncic to go all the way :)

Been enjoying Western Conference series so far more than I remember enjoying playoffs for many years.
Okc, Denver, Minnesota, Dallas... So much talent, swag, just enjoying the level of basketball I really missed. With all respect for Bron, GSW and the Spurs and their level of game on their way to the title, it's just absolutely different level of basketball.
Rooting for Doncic to go all the way :)
🤝

All it takes is 1 for the Wolves to get back home and actually play well to get us back for what would likely be the series G6 back in Dallas on Saturday night. You know the league wants it, badly.

All it takes is 1 for the Wolves to get back home and actually play well to get us back for what would likely be the series G6 back in Dallas on Saturday night. You know the league wants it, badly.

Or just coming up with a better plan to defend Luka from shooting 17 foot jumpers that he could make in his sleep.

Foster getting Kyrie in early foul trouble would not be shocking. Normally I'd say he could go after Lively early but Kyrie might end up with an early charge or two.

I really think Minnesota should consider playing outside Minnesota next year, if they get to playoffs ;)
Their road record postseason is just amazing unlike home record

Back