Beaver Blitz Saturday (6-2-07)

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
another 2-0 night last night... gotta keep this shit going...

Beaver Blitz (9-5) (64.2%) +6.2 units

I went ahead and included my units since some were interested on how I bet things... I don't normally do anything fancy... But my goals are always the same... to have nice profits by the end of the season... I have been throwing 2 units on every play to date.. and I will do the same today... and if things go well again, I will be stepping things up to three units per play...

got two more for today:

phoenix.gif
Phoenix +2.5
@ Connecticut

This Phoenix team is still not getting the respect they deserve and this Connecticut team has been getting too much. People don't seem to realize this is not last season anymore. We are in a new year. Phoenix is on a 3 game win streak, including one without Taurasi for most of it. Tangela Smith has been coming along nicely. She has filled in the void of Vodichkova. Connecticut should just be glad they got by Chicago the other night after being 15 pts down. Taking the Suns here.

detroit.gif
Detroit -5.5
@ Houston

This line seems off to me. Detroit should win this by at least 8. This is, afterall, a Houston team that looks like they are just dragging through the games. They even have a first year coach (Karleen Thompson) that seems to be taking things in stride. She can't seem to give her team any motivation at all. They have some talented veterans and a good rookie (Shields), but that is nowhere near what is needed to come within 5 pts of beating Detroit. Taking the Shock here.

gl to everyone today... and let's do this shit.

at the half, Mercury down 8 while shooting 27.3%. This ain't the lynx...that percentage has GOT to go up...

yea.. they been playing like shit alright...

I'm still optimistic here.. hopefully they can pull some extra juice outta their asses and cover at the end.

nope.. no comeback...

I can't believe how pathetic the Mercury looked today...

Pondexter and Taurasi were both 3 for 9 at one point... that's not only rediculous.. it's inexcusable.....

Phoenix couldn't score over 20 pts in any quarter except the 4th where they scored 21 thanks to a last second meaningless layup that was uncontested...

Connecticut is still not impressive.. they got a win today.. but it was more phoenix beating themselves... either way... it's a loss and a bad start to the day...

For the Seattle game, I'll stay away... I like them to win, but not sure they can cover over 6 pts against San Antonio... that will probably be a close game...

gotta hope the second game pulls through for me.

give Connecticut some credit...they managed to put quite the defense together against the MErcury....I do think PHO should have done better offensively, but the Connecticut players didn't exactly win in spite of themselves....

give Connecticut some credit...

No... I refuse to... lol.

seriously though... I would give their offense more credit than their defense....

Katie, Nykesha, and Asjha all hit at 50% or higher... no Mercury player did that... plus the only Mercury player to hit over 15 pts was Tangela, but she only hit 8 of 21 attempts...

bottom line, this was very.. and I do stress VERY uncharacteristic of the Mercury team... and even though I am NOT saying Connecticut is a crap team in any way, because they are not at all, but they still have lots of work to do and they are not at the caliber of the top teams quite yet... maybe they'll go back to their old form soon enough.. but it hasn't happened yet... today was all about the Mercury just playing like shit... they were missing a shitload of baskets that should have been easy money for them... that had nothing to do with Connecticuts' defense... Who would have thought Phoenix wouldn't put up at least 70 here??... that's just crap...

The way I see it, these things are unpredictable and they DO happen.... but they don't happen often... just gotta take the bad with the good sometimes... as long as I keep doing what I'm doing, things should still be fine for the long haul.

my friend, was that not an incredible last 5 seconds of that Shock game...?

wow. just.....wow. I could feel the excitement through the gamecast...

Oh man red... did you see that shit??...

wow...

I went from this:

3_8_1.gif

to this:

4_11_9.gif

to this:

4_6_200v.gif

to this:

23_30_106.gif

all in one quarter.... lol...

and to watch it all come down to one final free throw with under 1 second left...

... just wow...

I tell you.. some of these women games get more intense than the NBA... lol.

looks like Seattle got schooled by San Antonio...

Anne Donovan is a good coach.. but maybe Seattle needs a coach with some balls... literally... lol.

Back