AFC Championship: Bills vs. Chiefs Discussion Thread

So @KJ
There Is A Set Of Rules For The League...
But They Will Make Exceptions For Mahomes?!
Hahahaha!!!
O.K.
You're Probably Right...

So @KJ
There Is A Set Of Rules For The League...
But They Will Make Exceptions For Mahomes?!
Hahahaha!!!
O.K.
You're Probably Right...
The set of rules is that you have to pass the 5 tests administered

But who administers it? It might well be resolved by Tuesday

Concussions are different every time for every person, guessing this one passes with flying colors

Thought they said he didn’t have a concussion, but showed signs of it. Good wording by the league, if I heard correct

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Finally a line the Chiefs can’t f everyone over on. Just knew today the way it was trending settling for fgs, missing kicks etc. It’s like UNLV in the 90s.

Line tells me to bet Bills but how am I fading Mahomes laying a fg at home with SB on the line against a team they already murdered on the road who hasn’t been sharp at all on offense the last two weeks?

Serious question: can anyone explain how Mahomes got a concussion from that "hit?" I've seen it a number of times and it looks so minor and really can't figure out what made him so wobbly... didn't even look like he banged his head.

Serious question: can anyone explain how Mahomes got a concussion from that "hit?" I've seen it a number of times and it looks so minor and really can't figure out what made him so wobbly... didn't even look like he banged his head.

Read it was more the grab of the neck that jarred him.

Total already down to 54. I would think it has more to do with this week's total results than Mahomes. Is it sunday yet?

If Mahomes health was a question books would risk an early line. He is a go!

My thoughts and maybe some of this makes sense to you or maybe its off your radar. I could care less if you think I am way off here but it mine to pass along.

If you take a look back a year ago at the teams the Chiefs faced in the playoffs. Texans 10-6,Titans 9-7 and 49ers (who improved greatly but the prior season had 4 wins) sure they were 13-3 in 2019 but Jimmy G is not a stud QB. 4-12 prior seasons also mean an easy schedule. Look I am not saying the Chiefs were sub par in any way I am just saying this wasnt their toughest path to win a championship. The Chiefs failed to cover last week for a number of reasons. The biggest one in my opinion is they lost some mojo. Mahomes getting hurt last week adds to this.

In KC and the Bills having such a strong finish and being the dog. I love dogs and will bite again here

Mahomes officially in protocol. Any optimism he wouldn’t be placed in it has been squashed. Still a chance to play, just less likely now.

I took KC -3 already and will look to trade based on it, my hope is he's cleared and I can find a nice middle.

If there was any way he wasn't playing, this number would be off the board in my honest opinion. Same if Baltimore won. The NFL does not give a shit. Lamar would have played this week and Mahomes will play this week. The NFL cares about $$$, Vegas knows that and hence is not leaving themselves open for a huge liability.

If there was any way he wasn't playing, this number would be off the board in my honest opinion. Same if Baltimore won. The NFL does not give a shit. Lamar would have played this week and Mahomes will play this week. The NFL cares about $$$, Vegas knows that and hence is not leaving themselves open for a huge liability.
No real doubt the NFL will have him go. Just pointing out there was some optimism he wouldn’t even need to enter. The fact he did is noteworthy.

I assume several here have had a good concussion or two over the years as have I. Getting cleared to play is not the only factor. If he plays he could be a bit gun shy and not himself out there. Just some food for thought.

Initial thoughts

I would be way more concerned with Mahome's toe than the concussion. Nobody has really mentioned that much but if he's slowed from taking off when he needs to it could make a difference. At worst it could affect his throws but to me he's so accurate I don't think that really comes into play.

Anyone trying to compare the last matchup should be aware of how weird that situation was. The Bills had been planning for KC when things switched up and they got thrashed by the Titans. The KC game might have been close 1sth but KC DOMINATED the 2ndh. PPL around here like to talk like we had a shot late in that game but we didn't. CEH ran wild and honestly at that time it affected my whole outlook on the season. That was before the offense found their identity. The offensive line was without Feliciano and shuffling ppl everywhere. Josh Allen only had 27 attempts. It was before the defense started playing with the physicality they are now. Milano was still out and AJ Klein was playing terribly. The Bills are a WAY different team now.

This total has dropped 2 points and I don't know why? The Bills d played outstanding vs the Ravens but it was largely Frasier's game plan vs Lamar. They will not (and cannot) come with a plan anywhere close to that vs KC or Pat will throw for 400 & 5 tds. This d has progressed leaps and bounds and the interior is starting to generate a rush. I do think here the 2nd corner is the Bill's biggest liability. They are largely able to cover it up because of the best safety tandem in football, but this is a matchup vs one of the best and he'll expose it at least a couple times.

On the other side Allen is going to move the ball on this d. Diggs is playing out of his mind no wr is playing better in the postseason. Everyone knows its going to him and he still finds space. Daboll is a mad genius- he was willing to not run for a whole half of a playoff game. The question is whether or not they can play mistake free football again. Zero turnovers and 2 penalties for 11 yards last week, it'll take something like that again.

I'll be taking the points duh. Lean over & Bills tt over provided it's not windy like the Balty game

So, do we have our full roster of Chiefs and Bills fans here?

I know @Capaholic and @aplous are the most notorious Chiefs fans.

On the flip, obviously @Lexington 125 ... Larry as well? @jedi ninja ... @Laxer11

GLB and Dana surely watching this game at the Cigar Bar.
I think it was Dan A that told me about CTG. We were on another forum previous- nice kid I remember thinking he was astoundingly bad at picking cbb.

not sure what to think of the line. I"m like most of you guys, no way NFL doesn't let Mahomes play...but Pinny for me was -3 at -105 and now it's -3 +111

Will Mahomes Play?! If He Had A Concussion, Then No. So...

why you say that? Lots of guys play the next week after a concussion. They really different for everyone and each one in itself is impossible to predict, sometimes you fine 5 min later and have no lingering effects, sometimes they carry on forever!! Really impossible to say but just judging by fact he def didn’t get rocked and/or his head didn’t bounce off the ground, he seemed fine shortly after running in tunnel, and just all the things coming out I think it like 95% he plays. Hell, I’m not altogether convinced jay glazer wasn’t correct and he basically got choked out for a split second. I know the few times I let someone do that to me your reaction at the moment can be nuts so the wobbling when he got up coulda easily been a effect of that. I think his toe a way bigger factor in this game that would worry me.

Initial thoughts

I would be way more concerned with Mahome's toe than the concussion. Nobody has really mentioned that much but if he's slowed from taking off when he needs to it could make a difference. At worst it could affect his throws but to me he's so accurate I don't think that really comes into play.

Anyone trying to compare the last matchup should be aware of how weird that situation was. The Bills had been planning for KC when things switched up and they got thrashed by the Titans. The KC game might have been close 1sth but KC DOMINATED the 2ndh. PPL around here like to talk like we had a shot late in that game but we didn't. CEH ran wild and honestly at that time it affected my whole outlook on the season. That was before the offense found their identity. The offensive line was without Feliciano and shuffling ppl everywhere. Josh Allen only had 27 attempts. It was before the defense started playing with the physicality they are now. Milano was still out and AJ Klein was playing terribly. The Bills are a WAY different team now.

This total has dropped 2 points and I don't know why? The Bills d played outstanding vs the Ravens but it was largely Frasier's game plan vs Lamar. They will not (and cannot) come with a plan anywhere close to that vs KC or Pat will throw for 400 & 5 tds. This d has progressed leaps and bounds and the interior is starting to generate a rush. I do think here the 2nd corner is the Bill's biggest liability. They are largely able to cover it up because of the best safety tandem in football, but this is a matchup vs one of the best and he'll expose it at least a couple times.

On the other side Allen is going to move the ball on this d. Diggs is playing out of his mind no wr is playing better in the postseason. Everyone knows its going to him and he still finds space. Daboll is a mad genius- he was willing to not run for a whole half of a playoff game. The question is whether or not they can play mistake free football again. Zero turnovers and 2 penalties for 11 yards last week, it'll take something like that again.

I'll be taking the points duh. Lean over & Bills tt over provided it's not windy like the Balty game

posted my thoughts on mahomes before reading this. Totally agree the toe be a way bigger potential factor. I rarely care what happened in a week 6 game regardless but again agree think given the circumstances it even more meaningless. If mahomes toe was fine I think I’d lean kc but I am pretty confident bills are gonna be able to score points so if his mobility limited and/or he not able to plant and be his normal outstanding self im not so sure as I think it takes 30+ to win so he gonna have to be at his best. Imo Only way it stays in 20s and what i assume prob be biggest factor in this game is who more successful in the red zone. I think that absolutely where bills won the game last week, ravens got there a bunch yet bills defense outscored ravens red zone trips!!!! Kc has def had some problems in that area at times this year and think this the spot on field ya’ll coach could make the biggest impact.

no disrespect to diggs he been even better than advertised but I’d still take adams over everyone right now.

not sure what to think of the line. I"m like most of you guys, no way NFL doesn't let Mahomes play...but Pinny for me was -3 at -105 and now it's -3 +111
it was announced that he cleared some steps, still in protocol but will practice tomorrow

Buffalo had the game plan of staying in coverage and daring KC to beat them on the ground last time. Last week Buffalo did the exact opposite to the Ravens. I wonder do they employ the same plan as the first meeting? They are certainly playing better on both sides of the ball than the last meeting. I think if they were to hold KC to 26 this time around they would have a better chance of winning.

I'll be honest, I think as far as a winner this game is a coin flip,trying to talk without bias here- how do you lay points against a team playing such good team football?

I think the Bills score 4 tds. Got smoked this playoff season or I'd be max betting 1sth & fg Bills tt overs. Might still do it.

Can’t think of 2 better cappers on this site that their teams are going head to head.
Good luck to both of you guys.

This is one of those games I wanna sit back and enjoy.

hopefully we get an exciting one down to the last play.

no doubt, I respect those guys thoughts about their teams more than any other fans!

feels like it should be a great game. I just hope we get both teams best and it lives up to the potential!!

Back